• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discover Disney Tickets for FL Residents/Price Bridging

Joules1111

Gearing up for 3 y/os first Disney Trip
This is my first time posting here, but I have been lurking a bit.

My husband and I are in the planning stages of our 3 year old son's first trip do Disney. We are both Florida natives who grew up going to DW, so we are very excited about this.

Our original plan was to buy the Florida Seasonal Pass. Since we have a child who is not in elementary school yet we prefer NOT going during the blackout period, so it was a good fit for us.

Today I see that Disney is runing a "Discover Disney Tickets for Florida Residents: which would get us a four day ticket for $129 each. Which is a great price.

So here is my quesiton (and I'm hoping someone, perhaps Chesire Figment can help me out). If we buy the promotional deal for $129 each, can we then price bridge (is that the right phrase?) using the total value the tickets would have cost ($204.48 and $189.57) to reach the price of the seasonal pass ($299)?

I'm new to all this, so bear with me if I have anything wrong. Any help/advice on this is appreciated.

No. These are special promotion tickets with an expiration date. They cannot be priced-bridged to the regular 3 or 4 day Resident tickets.

No. These are special promotion tickets with an expiration date. They cannot be priced-bridged to the regular 3 or 4 day Resident tickets.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling I was missing something ("if it seems to good to be true" and all that).

Can the purchase price of the 4 day residence pass be applied to a Seasonal Pass (no price bridging)? We want to make sure our son likes DW enough to go back multiple times before we buy the SP. So, if we go to the Magic Kingdom on Monday and he loves it can we then upgrade the next day (Tuesday)?

Yes. These tickets may be upgraded to any level of AP just as any other ticket. You will get the full value of the ticket even if you do the upgrade on the last day.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a link to the page on the website with info about this promotion? When I try to go to the FL resident ticket page from the homepage, I just get a blank screen....all part of this special new website, I guess :badpc:

I tried viewing the Florida resident page yesterday in Chrome and couldn't get anything but a white page. However, I switched to firefox and it finally worked. Good luck!

I tried viewing the Florida resident page yesterday in Chrome and couldn't get anything but a white page. However, I switched to firefox and it finally worked. Good luck!

Thank you! I got it to work in Firefox. Not my browser of choice, but I might have to use it for the Disney site from now on.

Yes. These tickets may be upgraded to any level of AP just as any other ticket. You will get the full value of the ticket even if you do the upgrade on the last day.

So these tickets expire on June 7th, if you use the last day on June 7th can you still upgrade to a seasonal pass knowing the 1 year started from the date it was first used?

Essentially is the 6 month upgrade for florida residents working with the Discover ticket or is it 14 days from first use?

1. So these tickets expire on June 7th, if you use the last day on June 7th can you still upgrade to a seasonal pass knowing the 1 year started from the date it was first used?

2. Essentially is the 6 month upgrade for florida residents working with the Discover ticket or is it 14 days from first use?
1. Yes

2. Neither, it is June 7; generally greater than 14 days but definitely less than six months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter