Discover Card- 5% cashback at restaurants!

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
For a limited time my Discover card is offering 5% cashback on purchases made at restaurants, movie rentals and movie theaters.
You have to sign up either online or by phone to get this rate.
It's good now through Nov.
Call to see if it applies to your Discover.

Thanks for sharing this info! I just signed up! Now I will get 5% on Restaurants in addition to the 5% that I get back on gas, groceries, and pharmacy purchases through Citibank! :cool1:

I registered for the promotion. Once again there's a limit, and this time it's $500 in purchases, for a maximum $25 extra cashback bonus.

Yep, I registered last week.

Hope Discover continues with these promitons. They've had groceries, gas, and now entertainment.

herc.

NancyIL said:
Once again there's a limit, and this time it's $500 in purchases, for a maximum $25 extra cashback bonus.

Thanks for mentioning this Nancy! Of course, once again I did not read the fine print and did not know this. So $500 for 3 months. Let me see. That is $166 in restaurant purchases a month. I'll bet we make the max. :rolleyes:

I had already signed up for this. Just be sure to check the fine print on offers like this. The last promotion was gas, zoos, museums and theme parks. I bought our Disneyland passes thinking I'd get the 5%. Turns out it was only valid if you bought them at the gate, not online, so I lost out. Had I read the details, I wouldn't have used my Discover card as I could have done better with my Marriott Visa.

granmanh603 said:
I bought my annual pass on line and emailed them with a complaint and got my 5% back. Carol :earsgirl:
Exactly what I planned to do. I'm glad to hear it worked for you - hope they honor it for me too.

Good luck to you. :wizard: I just said I order my Disney annual pass, told amount, and asked why I did not get the 5% credit. Then got an email from them saying they had posted the credit and they had. They even gave it to me as a cash credit. Unfortunately like with Disney it might depend on who you get. Let me know how you do. Carol :earsgirl:

I know no one has mentioned doing this, but in case they are thinking it....Last year I signed up for this promotion and I was at WDW during the promotion time. We used our Discover card for all our meals while at WDW parks. NONE of them count towards the promotion unfortunately. Discover counts them as Entertainment if I remember correctly. I would have used my Disney Visa or room key to pay for the meals had I known this. They may have changed it since my trip last Oct, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Of course, we are all going during "free dining" WDW promotion this year. ;)

I did, of course, sign up this year though too. Eating out at home adds up!

I signed up for this too....but I can't find a list of applicable restaurants, etc. Did anyone else find it?.............P

Thanks Nancy, I signed up for this but never read the fine print in the e-mail about the $ 500 limit.

I was going to use it too for my WDW trip in November, but not if it doesn't count as dining. I'll just have to go out more here at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter