Discover Atlantis Excursion

Linda67

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

We are thinking of booking the Discover Atlantis Excursion through DCL but we are unsure as to what level of access is included

We don't want to visit the beach, water-park, pools etc. but we do want to visit the outside marine habitats, as well as the indoor aquariums

If you look at the DCL website, it mentions a guided tour through 'The Dig' which is the indoor aquarium area, but when you look at the Atlantis website, there are lots of outdoor marine habitats listed such as:

• Hibiscus Lagoon
  • Stingray Lagoon
  • Estuary Lagoon
  • Seagrapes Lagoon

And many more, you get the idea!

Are you free to walk around these outdoor habitats as well or are these areas restricted to guests who are doing the beach/water-park excursions?

Thanks, I am pretty sure that one of DISers here will have been on this excursion at some point :thumbsup2

We did that excursion 2 years ago, and 'the dig' tour actually did have some time outside. I'm not sure if those items you listed are the same things we saw, but we did see a lagoon type place with some stingrays swimming around. They also point out a lot of the outside architectural features of the property during the tour. We were able to walk around those areas after the tour (or even before it ended, as many did).

I did it back in 2006 on my first DCL cruise and they toured us around all of the aquariums not just the ones in the dig. They then told us we could go anywhere on the resort except for the pools, beach and water park afterwards.

Great - thanks for the answers
We are going to be booking this tonight :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter