• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts????

Brander

Earning My Ears
Hello all
My two sons and i have stayed at WDW for quite a few years inthe past, and are considering a California vacation this summer.
Does Disneyland offer any discounts for onsite hotels through AAA/CAA as WDW does, or ar there any other discounts available?
Price certainly will be a factor in our decision to travel, so every little bit helps.
Thanks for you help!

You know only discounts I ever recall seeing are like the promos. I was told right now it's Adults play at the kid price, and that ends in april, or around there, also sometimes it's get a forth night free, and right now for I think visa card holders of disney visa you get a 150 dollar gift card which ends this April. I am trying to go next march, but they are not taking bookings for that far yet, so they have no prices, also they said they do not have seasons like WDW value, holiday, peak that sort of thing, so prices really don't get any cheaper. Walt disney travel company for disneyland the CM I spoke with recently gave me the figures for this dec that's as far as it goes as of right now, and for 3 nights with 3 day park hoppers at the disneyland hotel is 1099 that's before addeing the 3 day dining plan. I even checked prardise pier which is a bit more of a value hotel for disney, and it was MAYBE 130 cheaper, so not really enought to make a huge diff. I even checked Grand Cali to see how their rates were looking and it was 300 something I think 315, or 350 a night, so much more expensive. The rate I qouted for disneyland hotel is for a standard view. I am trying to get a whole package for 4 nights/ 3 day hoppers since flights don't get in till like 8 in the evening, the dining plan, and air for I am trying under 2000, but it's looking more like it's gonna be 2000, or more for it. basically it's almost costing what it cost us to go on our honeymoon to WDW, and it's much closer to DL.

Yes, you can get AAA discounts at the DLR hotels and good neighbors. During summer that is all you are likely to get.

If you are working to a tight budget, be aware that the benefits of staying at a Disney hotel at DLR are not nearly as great as at WDW. You can get hotels very close to the parks for much less than the Disney hotels.

As you are considering a first visit to DLR, here is some reading material for you. ;)

"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862

"Getting The Most Out of a Summer Visit To DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1345319

"A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

Trey---holy cow--what an extensive and detailed reply!
Thanks so much for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter