Discounts for Universal Hotels...?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
We are a family of six adults so would need two rooms. Looking for two rooms at Royal Pacific. Amongst all of us we are AAA, Florida resident and annual pass holders. Which do you think would be the best discount and when do you think they will be available for next January? This is SOOO difficult to plan now that my kids (adults) all have jobs... sigh.

Thanks

I use this site to see all onsite hotels at once.

You can go through AAA to see if there are AAA rates. You can use APH to check on AP rates, and use FLO to check on Florida resident rates (they will check your ID for proof at checkin).

The last two aren't going to have anything (I would bet) for January now, but check, check, and check!

If you book room-only they will charge you the equivalent of one night for each room. You can book and keep checking for lower rates, and call to change it.

We found that the the Cheaptickets discount was better than the AAA rate.

FLorida rate and annual pass rate are usually pretty close.

Discount question for a first-time on-site stayer (hopefully) in January.

I know at WDW, one isn't required to produce an active annual pass at check-in to get the discount, provided you come back within a day or so to show them the pass. We are planning to get passes on our arrival day, but won't yet have them in hand when we check in at Portofino in the morning. If it can be done, I plan to book the APH discount in advance, then get the passes as soon as we head over to the parks for our fist day.

Do the Universal properties provide the same flexibility with verifying APH discounts, or will I need to get the AP in hand before I check in?

(Also realize that cheaptickets may produce a good discount that makes the point moot.)

thanks.

You do not have to have the ap when you book. But they are pretty good with letting you buy the ap and bring it back later that day to berify you are an ap holder. This happens quite often so no worries.

The Florida resident rate for this year started popping up the around the second week of February. As noted above you can call and lock in your rooms and watch the prices. When they drop call back and get the lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter