• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts for Fairfield Inn?

NLD

DIS Veteran
Hoping to get to DLR next summer (June 2013). If we do, it'll be an add-on to our central California trip. In other words: budget will be a concern, since we'll already be spending plenty of money on the rest of the vacation!

Looking at all the Good Neighbor hotels, I am drawn to Fairfield Inn.

However, it's still kind of pricey. $180 per night, or thereabouts? According to their website?

Is that what everyone pays? Or are there ways to get discounts?

Thanks,
Nicole

The best rates I have seen are on Lastminutetravel.com.
They do not give you the names of most of the hotels they list, but the FFI is exactly 13.63 miles from SNA airport (it lists the miles to the airport...this is how you can tell FFI). If you have been there before, you can confirm with the pictures.
I can't pull up dates for June 2013, but when I did my dates for Feb/March, the rate was $116. I have seen it go for as low as $93. You are going to have to check back in about 3-6 months to see what they are offering.

So I just booked our 3 night stay at the Fairfield inn through last minute travel and instead of booking it online, I called them and got the rate for $90 a night plus free parking. You seriously can't beat that.

Thanks Girimama.

$116 would be a heck of a lot better than $180. Were you finding that rate on the last minute travel site, or on FFI's site?

I know we are really far out right now, but I'm trying to get an idea of cost to add on DL to the trip.

Hayleybot, cross-posted with you. Thanks for your info.

Just to clarify, when you say you called to get that rate... did you call last minute travel or FFI directly?

I'm wondering if FFI would "price match" a lower rate so we could just book directly with them, or if the third-party site is the only way to get the lower rates.

It is on LMT's site.
I think they trypically offer around $116 and if they have availability, offer at $90+ the closer it gets to your stay. I think 3 months out would be a good time to call. I know I have seen $90+ for them for October 2012 dates.
Here is a link to the search I did:
http://www.lastminutetravel.com//Pa...hpt=1&hptf=1&hpstf=1&rooms=1,1,1,4&sbp=False&
The hotel that is 13.63 from the airport is the FFI.
The thread Kylie posted has some good info regarding FFI and LMT. It also explains how to decifer what the hotels are listed on LMT.

It is on LMT's site.
I think they trypically offer around $116 and if they have availability, offer at $90+ the closer it gets to your stay. I think 3 months out would be a good time to call. I know I have seen $90+ for them for October 2012 dates.
Here is a link to the search I did:
http://www.lastminutetravel.com//Pa...hpt=1&hptf=1&hpstf=1&rooms=1,1,1,4&sbp=False&
The hotel that is 13.63 from the airport is the FFI.
The thread Kylie posted has some good info regarding FFI and LMT. It also explains how to decifer what the hotels are listed on LMT.

Thank you!

Guess I'll just have to hang tight till we're a lot closer and then do some checking.

I am so used to WDW where we book far in advance, then just keep checking with Disney directly for discounts! It's sort of nerve racking to think about not booking until three months ahead of time. :)

Last Saturday, I booked a 3 night stay at Fairfield for October on Marriott's website for $139.00/night. I then found a rate for the same dates and room type on Kayak for $113.00 per night. I then submitted the form for Marriott's Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee and Marriott matched the rate on Kayak and then took an additional 25% off. I'm now paying $84.60 per night.
Between now and next June, keep checking to see if any other website is quoting a lower rate than Marriott. I think that the form has to be submitted within 24 hours of booking with Marriott. Even if the claim is denied, you can always cancel with Marriott and look for a lower rate elsewhere.

I called lastminutetravel directly. That's good to know that Marriott will price match you if need be.

We are thinking of staying at FFI next May. I emailled Marriott and they said that 2 rooms would be suitable for my family of 5 - 2 parents, 3 children ages 19,14 & 10. I saw they have a suite that would hold 6 pax.what gives? This is 1st time to DLR from Australia. Emailed HoJo and they said their suites were booked for that time as well. Don't know where to book that is close to DLR

Keep in mind that Marriott will only price match for sites who advertise the hotel name. SO for LMT, they are offering the low price as an 'undercover hotel', so you don't see the name of the hotel. However, as mentioned, there are ways to decipher the hotel. The fairfield in particular because of the distance and the photos. I too just booked via LMT for the fairfield in Oct for $93/nt. But marriott won't match because it wasn't listed under the fairfield name. Which I'm fine sticking to LMT.

I called LMT and they only offer standard rooms. They can't offer upgraded rooms and said we have to call the Fairfield directly to see if they can upgrade us and at what charge. So we did that and were told by the hotel that they can't give us a confirmed upgrade, we just have to ask when we check in to see if there is availability or not. So oh well... for us not that important, but if you are set on an upgraded room, don't book through LMT.

We are thinking of staying at FFI next May. I emailled Marriott and they said that 2 rooms would be suitable for my family of 5 - 2 parents, 3 children ages 19,14 & 10. I saw they have a suite that would hold 6 pax.what gives? This is 1st time to DLR from Australia. Emailed HoJo and they said their suites were booked for that time as well. Don't know where to book that is close to DLR

You should be able to book a single room. I do know they do have a few rooms at least that would accomodate 6, unless they aren't available for your dates, but that seems silly so far out.... Also the regular rooms have 2 queen beds and I believe the chair is a pull out bed as well. (We always stay there, but haven't used the chair as a bed). So if that is correct, then that would work as well. If you spoke to Marriotts reservation line, you may want to call the hotel directly.

And I can't believe that Hojo would be full that far out either:confused3

That's so cool! I just looked at that for my dates in October, and was able to get a price of $91 per night! I'm paying $85 right now to stay at the clean-but-crappy Del Sol, so I might make the switch.

The question I have is how do I assure I get two queen beds vs. a king and sofa bed, etc.? Also, how is the walk? It looks like it's about 8 minutes or so?

That's so cool! I just looked at that for my dates in October, and was able to get a price of $91 per night! I'm paying $85 right now to stay at the clean-but-crappy Del Sol, so I might make the switch.

The question I have is how do I assure I get two queen beds vs. a king and sofa bed, etc.? Also, how is the walk? It looks like it's about 8 minutes or so?

You may want to call LMT directly. Standard rooms usually include 2 queens and the sofa bed...at least our rooms always have.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :banana:

I just got the Fairfield Inn through Lastminutetravel.com for $90/night for December. That was $25 less than the rate my nephew could get me and he works at Marriott! I just saved $75! :banana:

Am I happy or what???? :yay::yay::yay:

How come everyone seems to love this place so much? I'm getting ready to book a 4-5 night say at the end of Feb '13 for my wife's 30th b-day and I'm trying to find the best deal for a room. We want to either be able to walk to the park (close) or take a shuttle, but we dont want to stay in a roach motel, we want something nice, free breakfast would be nice and no parking fees(this doesn't seem realistic).

How come everyone seems to love this place so much? I'm getting ready to book a 4-5 night say at the end of Feb '13 for my wife's 30th b-day and I'm trying to find the best deal for a room. We want to either be able to walk to the park (close) or take a shuttle, but we dont want to stay in a roach motel, we want something nice, free breakfast would be nice and no parking fees(this doesn't seem realistic).

My top 4 are...
1. FFI - no breakfast, easy walk, very clean, has McDonalds almost in front parking lot.
2. HOJO - no breakfast, slightly further walk, better pool situation
3. Candy Cane Inn - nice and clean and has limited breakfast
4. BWPPI - clean and the closest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter