discounts for discovery cove ?

qnfltcapt

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of how to get discounted tickets, etc...
I know I can get fl resident rates but even those seem a little pricey considering what I paid last time and they're letting in more people than before.

Does anyone know of how to get discounted tickets, etc...
I know I can get fl resident rates but even those seem a little pricey considering what I paid last time and they're letting in more people than before.

I have been looking for discounts now for the past3 months however I can't find anything other then the Fl res rate and considering I live in NJ that's not gonna fly. Lol. Good luck on your search pixiedust:

Not sure if you've already tried this or not, but when we went in 2010, I literally googled "Discovery cove discounts" and found some.

Up until December of 2012 you could get a big discount by having a Sea World season pass. Not sure if they are doing that one for 2013. But we didn't use our SW season pass to get a discount because then you don't get admission into the other parks on discounted tickets. No SW, No aquatica, no Busch Gardens. SO we just sucked it up and paid $299 per person for 5 of us!!

and they're letting in more people than before.

Just wondering what source you gleaned that information from?

Up until December of 2012 you could get a big discount by having a Sea World season pass. Not sure if they are doing that one for 2013.

Passmember discounts are now only valid in May, November and December :sad2: . And prices are significantly higher than the $69 day resort admission we enjoyed last August:

$169: Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package
$99: Day Resort Package
$39: SeaVenture Experience

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Passmembers

I would have loved to have added a DC day to our August trip, and would have done so in a heartbeat at last year's passmember price. But I'm afraid, after two visits in 2012, that we will be taking a pass this time :sad1: .

Directly from their website.
They state they take in about 1300 people each day. "About" leaves wiggle room for less or more than 1300.
The last time we visited they limited it to 1000 people and the rates were less.

Directly from their website.
They state they take in about 1300 people each day. "About" leaves wiggle room for less or more than 1300.
The last time we visited they limited it to 1000 people and the rates were less.

When were you there last?

Much as I hate to see prices rise on anything, its just one of those things. My heat, my hydro, my water, my grocery costs....they all seem to go up, year after year. There's no reason to think that DC's prices won't increase as well, particularly as the economy regains footing. My airfare costs have been steadily rising. Even Disney's prices go up each year on tickets, accommodations and even dining, while hundreds of people report on larger crowds. DC is definitely not immune to inflation.

When you visited last time, was the Freshwater Oasis open? That's a whole new area of the park since last summer. That would definitely absorb another portion of guests, allowing DC to increase their overall capacity without having it feel as if they are busier than they were at a 1000 person cap.

The good thing is, they have introduced including admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica with non-discounted admission (it used to be SW only), so while they may have increased their max capacity (which you may see as a decrease in overall value) they have hopefully counterbalanced it by adding value elsewhere.

Just to compare, the price for Discovery Cove can be a little cheaper than Disney, especially if you have the ability to enjoy all the benefits ! (One day's food and for $ 20 more, the entrance to 3 parks (Seaworld, Aquatica and BuschGardens + transport to Tampa))

The first time I saw the entry price for DiscoveryCove, I thought it was too expensive. But then I just counted and with admissions to other parks "on the blue side of the force," it is definitely cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter