Discounts after booking

awalker1015

DIS Veteran
I am sure there is a thread for this already but I can't find it... If we book a WDW package six months out, what happens if Disney offers a discount after we pay our initial deposit? Are we able to take advantage of that discount? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance!!

Yup. We've done this often. In fact, it's what we usually do. I usually book online, using a discount/offer if one's available. Later on when something becomes available, I call and have the reservation changed without any issues. Some will say that your old ressie is deleted and they make a new one. Maybe. Regardless, we've always kept the same reservation code even after making changes. :)

You just call and have it swapped over. If you go from room only reservation to package or vice versa it is cancelled and rebooked but if you have a package and are going to a discounted package its an easy phone call and no refunds or repayments are necessary.

I am sure there is a thread for this already but I can't find it... If we book a WDW package six months out, what happens if Disney offers a discount after we pay our initial deposit? Are we able to take advantage of that discount? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance!!

You can have a discount applied to your existing reservation as long as what you have booked is available under the discount. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort and/or room type as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied. As the pp said, if you go from one reservation type to the other, you would have to cancel and get a refund on the first reservation and rebook. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. Also, if you have a package booked and a room discount comes out, you can still have that applied (as long as there is availability). The discount would be applied to the room portion only, but you can have a package and take advantage of a discount on the room.

I am planning for a large group and want to make sure I don't give wrong information.

When should you use room only vs. package? I want to book for 2015 dates but the discouts wont' be listed yet. Should i do room only then make changes when they come available? Thoughts?

I would book what you want. Converting room only to packages and vice versa requires canceling and rebooking anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter