Discounted Disney gift cards/ways to save money from Canada?

Greenfield1984

DIS Veteran
Hey fellow Canadians,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any tricks to get discounted Disney gift cards in Canada. I know in the States they can get them at Target, Sam's Club, and other places... was wondering if any Canadians had any luck finding some somewhere.

Thanks!

From what I've read on the boards, the Disney gift cards available at Disney stores (and who has one of those around anymore?) are only redeemable for merchandise in Canada. I gather there there is a huge delivery charge for cards ordered from the Disney website. Consensus seems to be that gift cards should be purchased in the US if you want to use them at the parks.

I think the only other way to get them here in Canada is to get them through Disney Movie Rewards (I just redeemed 1100 points to get a $10 gift card which should be arriving in the mail in a few days).

If your credit card rewards program is through Exclusively Yours (https://www.eycanada.com/), then you can get Disney gift cards with the points you've accumulated. And it's actually a better deal than the other gift cards available through EY, because most are in CAD, but the Disney gift card is $100 USD, so (currently, at least), it's a much better value.

I redeemed points I earned on my Chase Marriott Visa, but I'm pretty sure there are also Mastercard and American Express cards that use Exclusively Yours.

On a related note... the Marriott Visa may be a good one for anyone here looking to apply for a new credit card - it's one of the few CC's with no foreign currency transaction fees (usually 2-3% on other CCs), the annual fee is waived for the first year, and you get a bonus 30,000 points on your first purchase with the card... and one of those $100 USD Disney gift cards is only 27,500 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter