• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

OH WAIT! This is good.......the man who he is speaking with now doesn't even know what the card is..........and this is at the passholder number......

TAH DAH!!!!!!!!!

59 minutes and 28 seconds on the phone with the good folks (well, folks anyway) at the Disney Passholder number that's posted online.

And no one can help..........many of the fine folks my husband spoke with had no idea what the cards were for........apparently, that number has now been forwarded to another office........

Well, that's a fine how do you do! Losing my faith in Disney over here.......

advice? helpful hints? a stiff drink? anything welcome at this point in time......

TAH DAH!!!!!!!!!

59 minutes and 28 seconds on the phone with the good folks (well, folks anyway) at the Disney Passholder number that's posted online.

And no one can help..........many of the fine folks my husband spoke with had no idea what the cards were for........apparently, that number has now been forwarded to another office........

Well, that's a fine how do you do! Losing my faith in Disney over here.......

advice? helpful hints? a stiff drink? anything welcome at this point in time......

How about this? It's from Chesire Figment's first post:

There is a procedure in place if you have not received your Mickey Monitor, or have not received the card with the MM. This involves having a form filled in at a Guest Relations Office and a new MM, with the card will be mailed to you.

If the person does not have the Referral Card with them at the time of purchase they should pay full price and save their receipt. They may return, no later than July 31, 2009, with the referral card, APs purchased and the receipt. A refund will be issued for the 10%.

That's all I can offer. Other than PMing Chesire Figment. Good Luck!

How about this? It's from Chesire Figment's first post:

There is a procedure in place if you have not received your Mickey Monitor, or have not received the card with the MM. This involves having a form filled in at a Guest Relations Office and a new MM, with the card will be mailed to you.

If the person does not have the Referral Card with them at the time of purchase they should pay full price and save their receipt. They may return, no later than July 31, 2009, with the referral card, APs purchased and the receipt. A refund will be issued for the 10%.

That's all I can offer. Other than PMing Chesire Figment. Good Luck!

Thanks for the thoughts -- I read his first post but it doesn't help me at all. I can't go to guest services as I'm not in FL, I saved the receipts but won't be back before July 31 and if my DH's cards don't come in the mail, he won't be able to use them for my pass and my DD's pass.

I did PM CF so I hope he can help.:thumbsup2

We have called twice now and no said replacement monitor has arrived so......still feeling pretty down about it. When DH was on the phone with them today and they said there wasn't anything they could do about it, he asked who he could call and they didn't know. :headache:

He was on the phone for an hour with 3 different people and no one had a clue of how to help.:confused3

I still have some cards left. Please send me a PM or email if you'd like one.

Thanks for the thoughts -- I read his first post but it doesn't help me at all. I can't go to guest services as I'm not in FL, I saved the receipts but won't be back before July 31 and if my DH's cards don't come in the mail, he won't be able to use them for my pass and my DD's pass.

I did PM CF so I hope he can help.:thumbsup2

We have called twice now and no said replacement monitor has arrived so......still feeling pretty down about it. When DH was on the phone with them today and they said there wasn't anything they could do about it, he asked who he could call and they didn't know. :headache:

He was on the phone for an hour with 3 different people and no one had a clue of how to help.:confused3

Have you sent them an email yet from the link on Cheshirefigments information? This is the first step. Once you do this, someone will CALL you and tell you what you need to do. My daughter bought her AP on May 9 before anyone had gotten the referral cards. She emailed them at the special link and someone called her with the phone number of the rep. Once you talk to the rep they will send you a official email outlining the procedure to get the refund. Her situation was like yours as she is not returning until August 15th so has to do it via the mail. If you're hoping to wait for your referral cards to get discounts on the APs your family bought, I would move forward and just get a referral card from one of us disboarders and apply for the refund. Then if you get your referral cards, just try to pass them on. I can tell you first hand you will get your refund, but not until you send that email out. They will respond within a day or 2. Remember to tell them that you are not returning by July 31. Keep in mind the procedures does mean your original APs must be mailed back to the rep that contacts you (you'll deal with the same person throughout the process) and they will reissue you new APs. (I know this sounds strange, but keep in mind that if your APs get lost, it's not a big deal as they can be reprinted at the guest relations window upon your next trip--make a copy.) You can email me for any other questions as we are going through this process ourselves -- or if you just need a referral card (I couldn't resist the plug).

Don't try calling, as you've found out. We all went through the mess you're going through. The passholder number has "business" hours and if you try to call it will throw you back into the CRO mess and everyone there is clueless to the referral cards. I tried to get her the mickey monitor after she became a passholder and called several times, plus I emailed the passholder page and just this week she got it. It took 3 weeks, but it arrived now she has referral cards that I'm trying to help her hand out.

On that note -- if anyone needs a referral card please PM me or email me a jjtnana@aol.com and we'll get one out to you. We can overnight the card if need be at our expense. Also, I'll be in WDW July 18-24 if anyone needs one in person.

This is an excerpt from the email you will receive once you email the ticket office via the link on page one:

"Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing.

Please know, Passholder Pass-Along Savings Cards must be redeemed by July 31, 2009. As a special arrangement you may mail the Passholder Pass-Along Savings Card you received and the two tickets we discussed along with a copy of this e-mail to the following address, and we will modify your tickets so you can receive the 10% discount on the purchase of your Passes. Please make a copy of your tickets to keep for your records."

This email goes on to describe your cc and the price you paid and you are assigned a specific rep and given that rep's phone number.

Personally I think the whole program is poorly run from the beginning when they started a promotion before any of us AP holders ever even got their referral cards. While the promotion is the first time they's ever done this I just hope they do better if they ever do it again. (I've been an AP holder since 1995 so am truly surprised they even did this.)

As I tell everyone, PLEASE print the FAQ (and there are 2 sets) and take them with you. I email them to every person I've given a referral card to and have encouraged them to take them with them when going to WDW. We had ours on May 9th and our conversations w/the rep at international gateway started right away with us knowing more than he did and pulling out the FAQ really helped.

Have you sent them an email yet from the link on Cheshirefigments information? This is the first step. Once you do this, someone will CALL you and tell you what you need to do. My daughter bought her AP on May 9 before anyone had gotten the referral cards. She emailed them at the special link and someone called her with the phone number of the rep. Once you talk to the rep they will send you a official email outlining the procedure to get the refund. Her situation was like yours as she is not returning until August 15th so has to do it via the mail. If you're hoping to wait for your referral cards to get discounts on the APs your family bought, I would move forward and just get a referral card from one of us disboarders and apply for the refund. Then if you get your referral cards, just try to pass them on. I can tell you first hand you will get your refund, but not until you send that email out. They will respond within a day or 2. Remember to tell them that you are not returning by July 31. Keep in mind the procedures does mean your original APs must be mailed back to the rep that contacts you (you'll deal with the same person throughout the process) and they will reissue you new APs. (I know this sounds strange, but keep in mind that if your APs get lost, it's not a big deal as they can be reprinted at the guest relations window upon your next trip--make a copy.) You can email me for any other questions as we are going through this process ourselves -- or if you just need a referral card (I couldn't resist the plug).

Don't try calling, as you've found out. We all went through the mess you're going through. The passholder number has "business" hours and if you try to call it will throw you back into the CRO mess and everyone there is clueless to the referral cards. I tried to get her the mickey monitor after she became a passholder and called several times, plus I emailed the passholder page and just this week she got it. It took 3 weeks, but it arrived now she has referral cards that I'm trying to help her hand out.

On that note -- if anyone needs a referral card please PM me or email me a jjtnana@aol.com and we'll get one out to you. We can overnight the card if need be at our expense. Also, I'll be in WDW July 18-24 if anyone needs one in person.

email has been sent but no one has contacted us yet. I'll be sure to post an update when something happens. I am still so sad.....

email has been sent but no one has contacted us yet. I'll be sure to post an update when something happens. I am still so sad.....

This is what should happen. You send an email. In a couple of days someone will call you. (Hopefully you won't play phone tag too long like my daughter did.) Once you talk to the rep, they will take all of the info down, like your AP number (s), transaction information. Then they send you the official email (like the one I cut from above). It will have the amount of your refund and the last four digits of your cc on it. It will give you instructions and an address and a specific person to mail every too (most likely it will be the person you talked to). You will mail copies of your receipt, your original annual passes and the referral card, plus a copy of the email. I know this is a lenghty transaction as you see, but for a refund of almost $100, it's worth it. Good luck and stick with it!!

I do not want to start trouble but I am really curious why this thread has been allowed. When I first received my Mickey Monitor I posted that I would like to give the discount cards to anyone who wanted them. I could care less about the referral gift cards but understand that I would benefit from someone using one of my cards. I received a private message from a mod that while it was a nice offer my post was being zapped since I would profit from the referral. Ok..fine..I get it but now I see this thread. I sold my discount cards and made a tidy profit instead of just giving them away. (Actually I sold a Disney pin and the purchaser got a free discount card...) I was just wondering why my post was removed and now it is okay to offer the cards. Maybe I missed something?
:confused3
Jodi

We still have a couple of referral cards that we can pass-along. I also have copies of both sets of FAQ in regard to this promotion that I can also email to you. (I recommend taking these guidelines with you in case there are any problems with the CM when redeeming them). This program is for those purchasing a new AP in person at WDW by July 31. This includes DVC discounted APs too!! (which is a great deal). You can also upgrade your one day Disney tickets or multiday tickets to apply to the cost and still receive the extra 10% off.

If you need a card we can overnight express your card to you if you need us to at our expense -- you will receive it the next day!!

Please email me at jjtnana@aol.com or you can PM me too.

Thanks! :love:

I do not want to start trouble but I am really curious why this thread has been allowed. When I first received my Mickey Monitor I posted that I would like to give the discount cards to anyone who wanted them. I could care less about the referral gift cards but understand that I would benefit from someone using one of my cards. I received a private message from a mod that while it was a nice offer my post was being zapped since I would profit from the referral. Ok..fine..I get it but now I see this thread. I sold my discount cards and made a tidy profit instead of just giving them away. (Actually I sold a Disney pin and the purchaser got a free discount card...) I was just wondering why my post was removed and now it is okay to offer the cards. Maybe I missed something?
:confused3
Jodi

I think that happened to quite a few people in the beginning but once they realized how MUTUALLY beneficial it was to BOTH parties invoved, it was decided to be allowed. The person who gets the card actually saves quite a bit more than the $25 referral anyway so they actually benefit more.

I think that happened to quite a few people in the beginning but once they realized how MUTUALLY beneficial it was to BOTH parties invoved, it was decided to be allowed. The person who gets the card actually saves quite a bit more than the $25 referral anyway so they actually benefit more.

Also, the mods also decided that all communications regarding these be restricted to this thread. Any other threads are closed or merged with this one.

And it was so that there was only 1 thread running instead of 9000. Just look at the number of pages and posts here and imagine what that would have been like if each of us who are trying to give out our cards had posted an individual thread. What a mess!!!

I understand... when I posted for anyone wanting my cards there were no other threads regarding the offer though. My post was removed entirely not moved to another thread. To be honest I am one of those people who was peeved about the decision to stop the stroller swaps etc and was trying to decide what the difference was and how the rules of the board were decided one thing one day and something else the next. No big deal...
:goodvibes
Jodi

I have a few Pass holder Pass-Along Savings Cards available if anyone is still in need. Just PM me if you are interested!

Of all the threads on the DIS...this has to be one of the most useful...I am just so surprised that it is still alive and well:rotfl:

I'm looking to see if this would work for me. I have 7-day hoppers bought in a package with the buy 4-get 3 free deal. Can those passes be upgraded, and the discount applied on top of that ? How can I find out the value of my MYW tickets ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter