Discount tickets through RunDisney vs other discounts

RnbwSktles

DIS Veteran
Hi All. I am in the early stages of planning my trip for the marathon weekend in Jan 2014. I have heard you can get discounted park tickets through RunDisney, but I had been planning on ordering through Undercover Tourist before the next price increase.

What kind of discounts does RunDisney offer, and is there any chance they would be better than getting discounted tickets at 2013 pricing?

I've already been told not to book hotels through RunDisney, but go directly through the regular channel.

In case it isn't obvious, I am not looking to book any packages deals through Disney. I will not be using the Dining Plan, so I will be looking for room-only discounts later in the year.

Thoughts?

The marathon weekend has never offered discounted tickets as far as I can remember. There have been a few discounts offered through other means, such as through Undercover Tourist.

In 2011, there was an offering of "marathon Monday" where marathon finishers were given a free pass into a park on Monday. That seems to have been a one and out offer that carried a lot of PR baggage that the mouse folks were probably not ready for.

cewait said:
The marathon weekend has never offered discounted tickets as far as I can remember. There have been a few discounts offered through other means, such as through Undercover Tourist.

In 2011, there was an offering of "marathon Monday" where marathon finishers were given a free pass into a park on Monday. That seems to have been a one and out offer that carried a lot of PR baggage that the mouse folks were probably not ready for.

Wow really?? That's bananas! The ticket discounts are a huge incentive to us. We have gotten the rundisney park hoppers for the Princess Half twice and ToT race as well. It's about a 20% savings. I guess since there are double the amount of runners in for the marathon weekend they don't offer the park ticket discounts?

Wow really?? That's bananas! The ticket discounts are a huge incentive to us. We have gotten the rundisney park hoppers for the Princess Half twice and ToT race as well. It's about a 20% savings. I guess since there are double the amount of runners in for the marathon weekend they don't offer the park ticket discounts?

Wow that is a nice deal and something to definitely remember for future races! I went ahead and ordered them from Undercover Tourist. They're predicting prices to go up as early as April this year so I just went ahead and did it.

Yeppers, it is a little crazy. However, the January weekend was set up to help fill rooms during the least populated weekend for the resort. It's growth and popularity (filling by summer's end up til 2010) have kept admission lures out of the equation.

The discounts for Jan may not be as good as this because if its popularity but for Everest Event and ToT 10Miler they are offering 40% off 3 day park hopper tickets and better than the 20-25% off value resort offer on Disney.com - I am in Canada but I don't think that matters for RunDisney events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter