Discount on Disney Website

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
Can any of you guys help me out?

When you book with Virgin online, the discount is very clear (its currently 10%, although 10% of what I don't know becuase it's not 10% of the total cost).

When you do a dry run on the Disney.co.uk website, it says in quite small writing that a magical discount will be added.... what % is this?

Thanks,

When you book with Virgin online, the discount is very clear (its currently 10%, although 10% of what I don't know becuase it's not 10% of the total cost).

When you do a dry run on the Disney.co.uk website, it says in quite small writing that a magical discount will be added.... what % is this?

Thanks,

With Virgin its 10% + you can get another 3% thru Quidco.com

As for Disney.co.uk don't know of any discount, there is a box for a discount code but there are none as far as I know. Just gone thru a dummy booking and can't find what you have seen, only thing I saw was the Enjoy Magical Extras List here, not really worth a great deal. All we used was the Arcade card this year but there were no video games at OKW really worth using it on.
http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp?ID=3

virgin holidays 10% is anything other than the charges so the holiday price will be minus the 10% but the APD and any other taxes they add will not be discounted as Virgin Holidays dont get these as they go straight to the government

Thanks,

Goodluck! Try to do a lot of research. There are a lot of forums in this board that tackles discounts and everything, before putting anything through. It maybe a good idea to wait a little. :)

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify what I mean, this message appears under Section 2: Flights and Hotel Price:

Added Magic: An Online Booking Discount will be applied to your booking upon completion.

It doesnt seem to effect the price at the end though, but I havent actually gone as far as entering credit card details.

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify what I mean, this message appears under Section 2: Flights and Hotel Price:

Added Magic: An Online Booking Discount will be applied to your booking upon completion.

It doesnt seem to effect the price at the end though, but I havent actually gone as far as entering credit card details.

Found it now, its only for flight inclusive bookings, no idea about that sorry.

I know what you're talking about - I tried it! Apparently you only get to see the actual amount discounted once you have completed the transaction, i.e. they don't reveal the mystery on a dummy booking. I tried tons of them before I booked. I booked over the phone eventually (after hearing conflicting feedback about the reliability of the website) and was told that you do indeed get a discount online but the percentage can vary and no-one seemed too clear on what it was. I did do a flight inclusive booking though so I can't speak to whether a discount applied to a room only. I did notice however, that when I did my quote online, Disney charged my child at a child's rate plus single supplement - and that was the pre-discount rate, so at that point of the booking process, they were still promising the magical discount on completion of the transaction. (I am a single parent with one young child - not the cheapest way to travel anywhere!) But when I did my actual booking and (finally) received the written confirmation, I paid full adult price for my seven year old, which worked out, across the whole package, several hundred pounds more than it would have been if I had done the booking online. I don't let it bother me too much as this is the way it's always been, but I may take a chance the next time and see if it does work out any cheaper doing the online thing. I would guess that Disney offers a similar discount to the Virgin website, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

When Virgin does the discount online it is 10%, but they first deduct the cost of the park tickets, taxes/fuel duty and Dining Plan (if applicable), so effectively the discount is on your accommodation and flights.

Hi i found the same thing when i was playing at booking, but i think it should be a bit cheaper through disney as virgin was same price with the discount, than disney without, so when they add theirs that should be even less!
My only other question is is it better to wait and see if they add any offers, or will we not see them in the uk anyway, i keep seeing 4 for 3 deal everyone's holding out for on usa side, i'm going last week of april for 2 weeks and really want to book but trying to hold out is it worth it :confused3

I've also weighed up the "holding out vs going for an early deal". The US offers completely different special deals. They get some that are better than ours and we get some that are better than theirs but the structure of the packages is often different because we tend to go for longer stays on average than those in the USA. If you are flexible it probably won't hurt to hold out. April is not the cheapest time to go (we went April this year over Easter), so any deal is better than none. Personally, I don't foresee any danger of no availability by holding out, the way things are going at the moment and if anything, you may find that they offer additional discounts/perks closer to the time to sell out the open spots. I wish I could have waited, but a few factors influenced my decision to book early: 1) I really wanted to fly from Glasgow this time to save all the extra hassle of connecting since I am a single mum and 16 months ahead of our departure there were only two seats left on the inbound Glasgow flight. I always try and get a Scotland departure about a year in advance and couldn't understand how they were always "sold out" a year ahead of time....! ;
2) I wondered about availability of ADR's - may not get them over peak time without reserving and they have reverted to the 180 days in advance ADR system;
3) I am too much of a planner to chance it on which resort. I mean all the Disney Hotels are fine, but "last minute" bookings may not have your available resort choice. However if you aren't set on too many specifics, I think waiting may well be the way to go. In fact, if you are capable of doing that I admire you .... you won't have to face a ticker like mine .... I booked six months ago, immediately on return from our last trip and look how long we still have to waitpluto:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter