test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Discount on direct add-on?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by JustTinking, Oct 30, 2013.

1. JustTinking

JustTinking DVC Member since 2002

I was speaking with my guide about a small add-on for one of the legacy resorts. Assumed it would be the $130pp advertised price. He said that for existing DVC members, a direct purchase would include a $7pp break, making the effective price $123.

I hadn't seen this anywhere else. Has anyone else heard this? I haven't added on direct for several years.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. tazleiten12

tazleiten12 New Member

Yes, my guide also told me they were $7 off, along with BLT.

4. nabi

nabi Home at Disney often!

Which are considered legacy?

5. tazleiten12

tazleiten12 New Member

I was just told all the sold out resorts were $7 off per point.

6. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

"legacy" and "sold out" means they are not in current sales like aulani, VGF or AKV.

7. automaticsoap

automaticsoap New Member

Is there a minimum to get the incentive (other than the minimum add-on of 25)?

8. tazleiten12

tazleiten12 New Member

I don't believe so, but many of the resorts still have waiting lists, depending on your use year.

9. nabi

nabi Home at Disney often!

i love DIS posters so very much! Thank you! (You too chalee94 Dude!) ;)

10. bakerworld

bakerworld New Member

We were on a WL for BW pts at the $115 promotion and our guide called us about 3 weeks after the 6 month deadline and said the pts were now $130 with $7 discount per point if we bought 50. The smallest amount you can purchase direct is 25 pts - won't let you buy anything less that 25 because were were thinking about adding 15 points onto another contract but no.

11. JustTinking

JustTinking DVC Member since 2002

My guide didn't give me a minimum nbr of points as to when the $7 was effective....I may ask again. He still owes me a return call about a possible wait list for what I want. I imagine there is one, or he would have already been back to me to make a sale! I was hoping that much of the WLs had cleared now, after the March price increase. Also many may have dropped off since they weren't able to execute in the 6 month grace period.