• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount on Collectibles at DS?

Figment2

DIS Veteran
When did the policy change on DVC discounts on collectibles at the Disney Store? I could swear last year when I bought something I got the discount. Today I was told the policy has changed.

Thanks for your help.

Cyn

figment02a.gif

I just bought the Princess Pin Set (framed) from the online store a few weeks ago and got 10% discount and free shipping (orders over $50). Also got the discount on a couple of snow globes.....

I believe that the policy changed some time ago. I have heard of cases where the discount was given for collectibles and limited edition pieces but I believe that may have been a mistake!

NancyDVC

The discount on collectibles was eliminated for Disney Club (former MKC) cardholders at the beginning of last year. Unless it has changed recently, DVC members are still supposed to get the discount.

Disney Store castmembers often get the discounts mixed up, especially now that we have The Disney Club and The Disney Vacation Club. Some will give DVC members the Disney Club discount on passes when they are not supposed to.

Good to see you at the DIS meet yesterday. December99 and I went up to Woodfield yesterday to look for the antenna toppers and use the 20% DC coupon. They wouldn't apply to the coupon to collectibles but I said, "well I do have a card that does apply". They said, "oh, and what is that?" I said, "Vacation Club card". They looked miffed and said they would have to ring up that purchase separately. They did so, we had no problem, and the DVC discount was applied.

keywest.gif

I knew that the Disney card discount was eliminated but was under the impression that the DVC discount still stood. Today, though, I was told the DVC discount on collectibles ended 1/1/2000 yet I know I bought something last year and used my DVC discount.

If the DVC discount was eliminated, so be it. If it hasn't I'll go back to the DS and ask that the transaction be redone.

Thanks

Cyn

figment02a.gif

Cyn, the Disney Vacation Club discount on collectibles at the Disney Store has not changed. You should have received a discount on your purchase. Shortly after the first of this year there was a thread here about member benefits at the Disney Stores. At the time I contacted a DVC cast member who works at getting us discounts. The response I got back from the CM said, "If any member has a problem in getting the discount, they should contact Member Services (by email is fine) with the exact location of the store. They will forward that information to me and I'll follow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter