• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount of 15%-30% for July room-only offer?

AKNOTTS66

Mouseketeer
I had some questions if anyone new for this discount that usually becomes available in March-April. Ive read its usually 15% off Value and 25% off Moderate. What resorts are usually included in the Moderates? Does that include French Quarter? Okay. So If I book a Moderate now and ask them to apply the new discount do they do that or do they completely rebook the room? Or do they only apply it if say the standard room you booked is still available?

Thanks guys!

If you go to mousesavers they have all of the historical discount info. Your info is basically correct with occasional +/- 5% on the discounts. Resorts offered depend on bookings (they figure out where they're under-booked and release promotions for a certain amount of rooms). Since French Quarter is the smallest of the moderates, sometimes they aren't part of the promotion or they are but run out of promotion rooms quickly (you'll also see that sometimes the offer will be for non-standard room types). I'm pretty sure that if you book ahead, they still technically cancel your res and book a new one, though it's transparent to you (and you don't lose any ADRs or anything so don't worry about that). There isn't a lot of advantage to booking ahead other than the peace-of-mind of having a room (you can make your ADRs a few days earlier, though). If enough people took this strategy, they wouldn't need to give any promotion offers at all. Fortunately, this is Disney and there are a huge number of rooms, so that doesn't happen.

I'm waiting for this promotion, too.

POFQ always gets the shortend of the room discount percentage. It has been as low as 15% off which isn't much. Deluxe resorts get the 30-35% which is nice and I am looking forward to that this year since I booked deluxe for the first time. But French Quarter has no problems selling rooms and that is why they are always excluded for free dining and the room only is always low. But you never know, things can change this year. They are always full of surprises! Last year so many people booked POR ahead of time in hopes of free dining and guess what happened- they excluded Riverside for the first time because they didn't have a need to fill rooms since so many people already booked early lol.

From what I remember, the Little Mermaid rooms are usually NOT included, only the suites -- and the discount on those is low. Pretty sure the discounted Boardwalk room was cheaper for us than the discounted AoA suite. I know the suite is bigger, but we were thrilled to be able to stay at a Deluxe instead for the first time ever.

IMPATIENTLY waiting for July discounts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter