Discount for Campsites 3/29 to 5/21

queenofthehive

DIS Veteran
Not sure if everyone received this e-mail from Disney Destinations, but it is “Save 20% on campsites for most Sunday- Thursday nights for the dates of 3/29/20-5/21/20”. So if you have these dates planned or were wanting to go during this time start calling to see if you can grab the discount. In all my of years of going to WDW, I do not recall the campsites ever getting a discount. Wish I could use these dates but will not work for me. Enjoy!!

Not sure if everyone received this e-mail from Disney Destinations, but it is “Save 20% on campsites for most Sunday- Thursday nights for the dates of 3/29/20-5/21/20”. So if you have these dates planned or were wanting to go during this time start calling to see if you can grab the discount. In all my of years of going to WDW, I do not recall the campsites ever getting a discount. Wish I could use these dates but will not work for me. Enjoy!!

Interesting.

It is a general public offer.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/spring-campsites-offer/

And FWIW, the campsites have gotten other general public discount offers the last 3 years at least but they were for the late August-end of September time frame. The discounts were 15-20% max then too. IIRC there may have been a summer offer last year.

Lots of weekends get booked up early for spring by locals and then after you deal with the spring break and Easter crowd, things do relax a little around the Fort.

Thanks for the heads-up, queen!

Bama Ed

my reservation is right in the middle of the discount. i just got off the phone. no discounts rate sites available for my dates. April 24 to May 9. sambuster

Sambuster-sorry to hear there was nothing available for those dates. Enjoy you vacation at the Fort! It is such a beautiful place!

Sambuster-sorry to hear there was nothing available for those dates. Enjoy you vacation at the Fort! It is such a beautiful place!
Yea not going to let me down. Probably their loss more than mine. I would have just spent the money saved there.

We're going to be there May 4 through the 13; we already had reservations, but I'd hoped that I could grab that discount anyway. When I called about it, I was told that that discount only applied to the Premium Meadows loops :( We have the tent/popup site reserved, so that's a non starter for us. But it was interesting to hear about a discount at all, as while we've stayed at FW multiple times (last year we spent two 2 week vacations), I've never come across a discount for the sites. I'll be keeping a closer eye out for that in future!

May 10 to May 15 (in on Sunday and out on Friday) shows discounted campsites available at all levels except Full at the moment I am typing this. Also May 17-21 all but Full.

I tried other dates (sun-fri) and got none (around Easter), Tent/Meadow a couple times, just Meadow a few.

Of course a Friday or Saturday night request means your stay is not eligible for a discount. So BarbLynnM, there is a discount available for your stay in a Tent site 5/10-5/13 but not for the prior week or weekend.

So to take advantage of it (besides availability issues) means a 5-day stay or less or booking 2 or more reservations back to back to take advantage of any days with discount availability. Chopping up a vacation is hardly worth the effort IMO.

Bama Ed

It might help folks if, for instance, staying for 7 nights you could get the discount on the nights during the week. If they are only counting stays limited only to the weekdays, this is really not helping folks very much.

If I travel that far I would not look for 5 nights, unless I was just passing through, in which case it would be a benefit.

It might help folks if, for instance, staying for 7 nights you could get the discount on the nights during the week. If they are only counting stays limited only to the weekdays, this is really not helping folks very much.

If I travel that far I would not look for 5 nights, unless I was just passing through, in which case it would be a benefit.
I agree, its a little over a 2000 mile round trip for me. I usually split up and travel 2 days. Doesn't make sense for me to stay 5 days. Mostly i try for atleast 14 days. Sambuster

We're going to be there May 4 through the 13; we already had reservations, but I'd hoped that I could grab that discount anyway. When I called about it, I was told that that discount only applied to the Premium Meadows loops :( We have the tent/popup site reserved, so that's a non starter for us. But it was interesting to hear about a discount at all, as while we've stayed at FW multiple times (last year we spent two 2 week vacations), I've never come across a discount for the sites. I'll be keeping a closer eye out for that in future!

That explains a lot! I tried to book many dates on this offer, after reading the post yesterday. Only thing I could get, regardless of the dates, were Premium Meadow sites. I was starting to think just nobody wanted those.

I was also looking for tent/pop up site. I was going to try again tonight. Thanks, this saved me the trouble.

May 10 to May 15 (in on Sunday and out on Friday) shows discounted campsites available at all levels except Full at the moment I am typing this. Also May 17-21 all but Full.

I tried other dates (sun-fri) and got none (around Easter), Tent/Meadow a couple times, just Meadow a few.

Of course a Friday or Saturday night request means your stay is not eligible for a discount. So BarbLynnM, there is a discount available for your stay in a Tent site 5/10-5/13 but not for the prior week or weekend.

So to take advantage of it (besides availability issues) means a 5-day stay or less or booking 2 or more reservations back to back to take advantage of any days with discount availability. Chopping up a vacation is hardly worth the effort IMO.

Bama Ed
Actually, I was specifically told that my tent site was not eligible period--now, this was directly from Disney's reservations.

(Edited to say) The young man who I spoke with gave me to understand the tent sites were never part of the discount, but I have no idea if that is accurate or that if the other sites were booked up. Either way, he wouldn't give me the discount.

Last edited:
There are a limited number of discounted sites at any level and when they're gone, they're gone. There were likely no discounts available for your dates.

Tent sites are certainly part of the offer. Here is availability May 10-May 15:

Tent-1.PNG

Tent-3.PNGTent-2.PNG

Discounts are the same as free dining offers: in order to take advantage of them, they MUST be available for every day of your reservation. If you asked for a period that included May 8 and 9 (Friday and Saturday nights) it will ALWAYS come back "none available" because Friday and Saturday are not eligible for the offer. But Sunday-Thursday are. That's why I say only the later part of your time frame was eligible. But since ALL of it wasn't, none of it is.

It's a pretty worthless discount as we discussed above unless you happen to be on a 5 day vacation or less that runs between Sun-Thurs nights. And most of us, like you, either go longer or throw a weekend night in there.

So in the examples I've uploaded, it shows Tent sites are definitely part of the discount offer but "limited".

Bama Ed

What if one made separate reservations? Meaning the first reservation for the discounted time frame Sun - Thurs and then another for Fri and Sat nights. Is there a risk they would make you move? It does seem like Disney just threw us a bone on this one - doesn’t it? Might be more of a pain than what it is worth. Disappointing that they locked up the days like this...

What if one made separate reservations? Meaning the first reservation for the discounted time frame Sun - Thurs and then another for Fri and Sat nights. Is there a risk they would make you move? It does seem like Disney just threw us a bone on this one - doesn’t it? Might be more of a pain than what it is worth. Disappointing that they locked up the days like this...

Chances are the site will not change if same loop category.

I just received the discount for an April reservation BUT had to change site category. :o CM said a discount was avalable BUT it was only for the Meadow Loop. Turns out that with the discount we are spending less $$$$ for the Meadow so it is a GO. :banana:

What if one made separate reservations? Meaning the first reservation for the discounted time frame Sun - Thurs and then another for Fri and Sat nights. Is there a risk they would make you move?

No you won't have to move as long as your reservations are consecutive and at the same level.

If you end up with multiple reservations, when you check in the FIRST time, tell the CM also about the 2nd reservation and they will add a note not to bump you or reassign. And then if it were me, sometime the night before the first reservation ended, I'd wander back up to the lobby and confirm that you are in the site, are staying on a second reservation, and not moving. Never heard of anyone having to move if same level.

One time I checked in, got assigned a loop, and someone was set up on it! I called the front office and got a different site assigned (which was empty). Disney didn't make the other folks move.

If you can string together $30 a night savings for a number of your nights, it does add up. So if it works, queen, go for it.

Bama Ed

PS - when you have multiple reservations, they can NOT be merged together if one has the discount and the other doesn't. (Usually i merge them if the two are identical). So the night before a reservation ends, make sure the office has your next reservation pre-assigned to your current site number and add the "do not bump" note. Because I've bumped plenty of pre-assigned folks (nearly every time) on arrival morning. But if you are already on it, you have "squatter's rights", so to speak. And if you mention it all on the initial check-in, you probably don't even have to do the night before thing. But I have just for peace of mind.

I was so excited when I saw this cause I initially only saw the word March and didn't pay attention to the number after it. Tried to see if I could get the discount for my March 14th check in date :rotfl2: It's official, I'm an idiot :bitelip:

Nice!

There were discounts offered for when we were there last May. IIRC they were only for the premium sites and we had booked preferred as we like being within short walking distance to the boat dock (loops 100-300). The discount would have saved us $100 but would have moved us too far away from the boat dock, so we passed.

When we called about it last year the CM didn't say anything about our stay (9 days total) not qualifying because it included weekends. Maybe last year's offer was different?

This year's discounts are nice and hopefully they'll have similar next year! But if it's only going to save $100 and I'm having to do two separate reservations to get it, I'll probably pass.

I just tried for my May6-14 trip staying in a tent site. The CM said she could split my stay because the 10th-14th was available but they could make me change sites. The discount is not worth taking the chance. She said to keep checking back often because people change their plans all the time and we are only 60 days out. The discount would have been nice, more spending money, but I am not picking up a tent +everything else and moving sites!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter