• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discount Disney merchandise in Baltimore, MD area!

jsginmd

Mouseketeer
I just got a postcard from the AMS Character Warehouse. They will be setting up shop in the Baltimore area very soon!

Who: AMS Character Warehouse
What: Disney Merchandise up to 80% off!
When: December 5 through January 11 (10-9:30 Mon-Sat, 12-6 Sun)
Where: Eastpoint Mall in the former Ames Store near Lane Bryant (Baltimore, MD)
Why: Disney Merchandise up to 80% off! (weren't you paying attention earlier?)

If they have similar items like previous incarnations, expect a lot of DCA stuff and older, dated (that is, with a non-2003 year on it) items. Still, it's fun to look through everything and you can usually find a really good deal on something.

Just in time for the holidays too!

Wow, that's not too far from us! Is this the kind of thing where it pays to go early for best selection or do they change the inventory throughout the entire time they are there?

Lisa

I'm not sure about the inventory question. I usually stumble upon them when I'm at the mall and usually only go in the one time. The last time I was there I added my name to the mailing list, hence the advanced information.

I know that the inventory is made up of items that did not sell previously. As such, inventory is fixed (i.e. they won't be ordering any new items if they run out of something). There's always been a lot of stuff when I've been there. The right clothing size is more the issue rather than variety.

I wouldn't go on the last day expecting as much of a selection as the first day.

There items are primarily from Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure. They buy closeouts for pennies on the dollar. Last year, about a year ago they were at Arundel Mills Mall, near Annapolis. About four months after they closed there, they showed up at Pan Am Center in Fairfax, VA. Many of the items were the same at both locations.

I think the way they do their pricing is start items at 20% off, the longer they keep them the larger the discount. I have seen items at 85% off (15% of original price). This was great for buying pins for trading at the parks from CM lanyards!

Thanks for the info! I'd been wondering where they'd show up.

They usually do 90-120 days in a location and can't be closer than 5 miles to a Disney Store.

I went to the one at Arundel Mills last year and got two snowglobes for my MIL for about 30 bucks!

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter