Discount after booking?

goofy78

DIS Veteran
I read on the Disneyland special offers page that the discounts out right now can not be applied to previously booked rooms. Does that mean if I book a room now at DLH for next August and a discount comes out later, I won't be able to apply it? Would I have to cancel and rebook? Thanks!

I think it depends who you've booked through. I called the Walt Disney Travel Company and they said they could apply the discount if rooms were available in the discounted block (they only discount a certain number of rooms per room type). When I called a few weeks ago, there were no rooms available similar to our booked room, but they did suggest phoning back as rooms may open up due to reservations getting cancelled.

I think it depends who you've booked through. I called the Walt Disney Travel Company and they said they could apply the discount if rooms were available in the discounted block (they only discount a certain number of rooms per room type). When I called a few weeks ago, there were no rooms available similar to our booked room, but they did suggest phoning back as rooms may open up due to reservations getting cancelled.

I know that it works that way for Disney World. I guess I never paid attention to the fine print for the DW discounts. And of course there aren't any out right now for me to check! Thanks! Hopefully if a discount comes out it will be able to be applied.

I always book my room (Disneyland Hotel) through Disneyland's website. Whenever they release the discounts I call them and they apply it. Never had an issue. Make sure to call right away though. I check everyday until the discounts come out.

I always book my room (Disneyland Hotel) through Disneyland's website. Whenever they release the discounts I call them and they apply it. Never had an issue. Make sure to call right away though. I check everyday until the discounts come out.

Yes, do this: call every day once the discounts are posted. I wasn't able to call this year until a few days later, and thus far there haven't been any rooms left under the discount.

I've booked through AAA and WDTC and have never had a problem with getting a credit for a lower rate. Once though, instead of lowering our room rate, they offered us an additional night at the DLH for the lower rate with a credit for the total of the difference for each of the first 5 nights. We got a 6th night for $127.00.

It works with costco too. I booked a package with costco months ago and then there was new promotion. I called and it was no problem at all to get the new deal-I got an upgrade on the room AND saved $350.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter