Disboutiquers Part 9 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew CLOSED/MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
very quickly, then back to the appliques...

I took the pics of the toy story dress before I took the waist up about an inch. it looks much better. She's in an odd size right now,

BUT as you can tell in the pics she wasnt' being too cooperative so I'm not gonna try to change her again until I have a different outfit to take a pic of.

th_Lilyfriends005.jpg

th_Lilyfriends006.jpg

Heathersue did the rex and hamm appliques for me:lovestruc and Mindy (my*2*angels) made the bows

th_Lilyfriends007.jpg

th_Lilyfriends008.jpg
SO cute!!! I love the Toy Story outfit-love Rex and Ham. The Epcot outfit is great too!

Option #2 - White Shirt - no square
th_675.jpg

And just for kicks, we went to boo at the zoo today. I made the skirt, not the shirt. She got lots of compliments on it though.
th_668.jpg
Another vote for #2. Zoo outfit is adorable!

Hi Everyone,

Just found you all from the move - LOVE all the outfits!!! These are really really good outfits!!!!

We had a great trip, so sad that it is over! The halloween party was so much fun!!!! if you are going make sure you are ready to carry a lot of candy!!!

I'm thinking of using the friends around the world fabric to make outfits for our missions conference at church in a few weeks - the theme is helping children (like when we went to Camp Promise this summer) - do you think it would work????? has anyone made a boy outfit from the fabric???

While at disney, I walked past KitKat's door at the POP, and also saw LOTS of custom stuff - minnie dot capris with a white shirt that had a minnie head wearing a princess hat, minnie twirl skirts, lots of shirts with mickey heads appliqued on them, it was very cool - also lots of iron on shirts from the DIS = which is what DH and I wore a few days.

Thanks, Wendy

Okay you are all validating what I was thinking. I was afraid it would be too plain.

Thanks for the compliments on my little girl. I think she is cute, but yet I'm pretty biased. :rotfl:

Hi Everyone,

Just found you all from the move - LOVE all the outfits!!! These are really really good outfits!!!!

We had a great trip, so sad that it is over! The halloween party was so much fun!!!! if you are going make sure you are ready to carry a lot of candy!!!

I'm thinking of using the friends around the world fabric to make outfits for our missions conference at church in a few weeks - the theme is helping children (like when we went to Camp Promise this summer) - do you think it would work????? has anyone made a boy outfit from the fabric???

While at disney, I walked past KitKat's door at the POP, and also saw LOTS of custom stuff - minnie dot capris with a white shirt that had a minnie head wearing a princess hat, minnie twirl skirts, lots of shirts with mickey heads appliqued on them, it was very cool - also lots of iron on shirts from the DIS = which is what DH and I wore a few days.

Thanks, Wendy

I think the World Friends fabric would be very cute for a missions conference. It sounds perfect for the theme. I've never made boys clothes, so I can't help you there.

I'm glad you had a great trip.

I need an opinion or 2 before I go to finishing up these appliques.

Okay this is for our Epcot day. Please tell me which option you like best for the shirt.
675.jpg

668.jpg

she is sooo cute in her boo outfit! and I like #2

Thanks for all your compliments and encouragement. I love all your things you guys have made and am just sitting here hoping to one day be as talented as you all are. :goodvibes

jham- I really love the little bo peep out fit. She looks so adorable.

t-beri- That toy story dress is so cute.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Soooo this is how EXCITED I am that I am absolutely positively completely FINISHED with all of my orders!!!!!! I am soooooo glad that all of those outfits and other things are completed and mailed and DONE!!!!!!!!!! Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled program of sewing for my girls and trying to keep up with this board!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2: I laugh because that is completely IMPOSSIBLE! So I know I missed everything, but wanted to say

T-BERI- LOVE:love: Lily's outfits and those bows are FANTASTIC!;) :rotfl: LOL JK The outfits are FABULOUS! GREAT JOB!

JHAM- You have the cutest bow peep I have ever seen! I LOVE that outfit!!!!

PEACHYGREEN- She is just too cute in that outfit! Love the piggies and I too vote #2!

:offtopic: I second that Go Rays!

Great work everybody! It's truly amazing.

I haven't had a chance to catch up, but I had to commen on "Wendy".

th_DSC09179_360x480.jpg

I'm wondering if Kristine has a point....
Cathy: I didn't post what happened with Tessa's teacher. I didn't want anyone to tell me I was being silly or overreacting! So, if you think I'm being silly or overreacting, please do not say so.

A few weeks ago, Tessa came home with a big X on one of her paper. When I saw it, she was really ashamed and said she was naughty in school and her teacher yelled. I asked what happened and she said they were supposed to draw a picture of a golf ball and a ping pong ball. Everyone drew 2 golf balls. The teacher got mad and yelled "STOP!" Then, she went to Tessa's paper and erased the spots on her golf ball and then drew a big X through it. Tessa was so embarassed and ashamed that she tried erasing it after she put the X on it. I was NOT happy, but I let it go hoping it was an isolated incident.

1. I would have to agree that that is one "scary" wendy.
2. I pm'd you a "book" but I will just say here that I am upset that Tessa is upset pirate: .....needlessly....and the teacher needs to quickly improve..:sad2: I wouldn't "hope" I would act on it! ;)

Get ready for too much Little Bo Peeps!

IMG_1565-1-1.jpg

IMG_1564-1.jpg

IMG_1567-1.jpg

IMG_1571-1.jpg

IMG_1573-1.jpg
:worship: :worship: :worship: Sorry I can't shrink these pics......I just about fell of my computer chair when I scrolled down to these....that is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Oh look how cute Lily looks....I am so seriously impressed.....and awed :worship: :worship: :worship: Did I mention what a great job you did here?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I am so sorry that this teacher is doing this. I would go talk to the teacher and tell her that you are worried about your child's self esteem. Tell her Tessa thinks she is "bad" because of being yelled at and the X's.

A much better way to handle that is to draw a circle around the "best" effort. Right now, my class is learning to write their names. I do this in small group and the child and I find the "best" name (or in some cases letters in the name) and draw a circle around them. That directs the child to what he is doing right--not wrong. The other children focus on the "good" things the child is doing. It is not uncommon to hear one of my kids say to another, "Wow, nice 'a'"-- or " "Good job."

Kids pick up on our focus. We should try to put a positive spin on things.
Ya.....I second this!

very quickly, then back to the appliques...

I took the pics of the toy story dress before I took the waist up about an inch. it looks much better. She's in an odd size right now,

BUT as you can tell in the pics she wasnt' being too cooperative so I'm not gonna try to change her again until I have a different outfit to take a pic of.

th_Lilyfriends005.jpg

th_Lilyfriends006.jpg

Heathersue did the rex and hamm appliques for me:lovestruc and Mindy (my*2*angels) made the bows

th_Lilyfriends007.jpg

th_Lilyfriends008.jpg

T - what a TERRIFIC job you did making these!!!!!!!! I love the whole thing: the colors and fabric and ruffles and appliques and bows and jewelry (I am sure I would if she were wearing it :rotfl: ) And your DD is so stinkin cute too! :lovestruc

Okay this is for our Epcot day. Please tell me which option you like best for the shirt.

th_675.jpg

Option #3 - Yellow Shirt - Blue Square
th_676.jpg

And just for kicks, we went to boo at the zoo today. I made the skirt, not the shirt. She got lots of compliments on it though.
th_668.jpg

I like #2 but I do have an idea for #3. Instead of the blue square, cut the square in the shape of a mickey head that frames the epcot fabric mickey head. Make the blue one and inch or two larger. I do this when scrapbooking with colored paper and it comes out great! Just an idea :idea:

I love the zoo outfit! :cutie:

th_675.jpg
th_668.jpg
Here's my vote! You daughter is just ADORABLE!!!

Thanks, Wendy
Welcome home! I think the friends around the world fabric would be great for the church project. I know people have made things for boys out of it.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Soooo this is how EXCITED I am that I am absolutely positively completely FINISHED with all of my orders!!!!!! I am soooooo glad that all of those outfits and other things are completed and mailed and DONE!!!!!!!!!! Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled program of sewing for my girls and trying to keep up with this board!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2: I laugh because that is completely IMPOSSIBLE! So I know I missed everything, but wanted to say

T-BERI- LOVE:love: Lily's outfits and those bows are FANTASTIC!;) :rotfl: LOL JK The outfits are FABULOUS! GREAT JOB!

JHAM- You have the cutest bow peep I have ever seen! I LOVE that outfit!!!!

PEACHYGREEN- She is just too cute in that outfit! Love the piggies and I too vote #2!
I'm glad your orders are finished! Hopefully you'll have more time to chat with us now!

I like #2 but I do have an idea for #3. Instead of the blue square, cut the square in the shape of a mickey head that frames the epcot fabric mickey head. Make the blue one and inch or two larger. I do this when scrapbooking with colored paper and it comes out great! Just an idea :idea:

I love the zoo outfit! :cutie:

Look at you, you crafty girl! That's a great idea!

675.jpg

I vote for number 2. Love the fabric.

I am so sorry that this teacher is doing this. I would go talk to the teacher and tell her that you are worried about your child's self esteem. Tell her Tessa thinks she is "bad" because of being yelled at and the X's.

A much better way to handle that is to draw a circle around the "best" effort. Right now, my class is learning to write their names. I do this in small group and the child and I find the "best" name (or in some cases letters in the name) and draw a circle around them. That directs the child to what he is doing right--not wrong. The other children focus on the "good" things the child is doing. It is not uncommon to hear one of my kids say to another, "Wow, nice 'a'"-- or " "Good job."

Kids pick up on our focus. We should try to put a positive spin on things.

This is how my DD's teacher is. (Kindegarten) She focuses on the good stuff and praises that. The only check mark DD has received was an incomplete paper. The teacher said DD is being a perfectionist sometimes and it takes her longer to get things done.
I always feel so bad when I hear of a child having a bad teacher. We have dealt with a couple in the past and it isn't any fun. And really turns children off of school. Can't these teachers see that children learn better when they like school and want to be there?

We got back last Sat but I have not had time to post. I have gone quickly through the thread, boy it moves fast in a week, and everything is wonderful! I love the Bo Peep and Toy Story outfit. Well here are some pictures from our trip. We got lots of comments over all. I hope there are not too many!

Our first park day at HS. The Little Einsten characters loved the outfits!
IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

My hubby and I had match shirts this day as well.
IMG_2100.jpg

We got alot of attention this day. I had several people ask where I bought the t-shirts. We were the last family of the day to see Pooh so they had us stay after everyone left and we were able to get pictures with the whole crew!
DisneyPhotoImage80.jpg

This is a better picture of my daughter's putfit because it was my favorite. There is a mickey applique on there.
DisneyPhotoImage105.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage75.jpg

And I have to add this one because I love it!
DisneyPhotoImage62.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

I was a little disappointed this day because no one noticed the Cinderella applique! The park was very crowded though. She did point out the glass slipper on her skirt to all the characters at 1900 Park Fare.
IMG_2586.jpg

We booked with the bounceback special for the same week next year. I have to say that being 10 weeks pregnant made it a very tiring trip! And next year I will have a five month old along for the trip. Though my parents are going along so that will help!

We got back last Sat but I have not had time to post. I have gone quickly through the thread, boy it moves fast in a week, and everything is wonderful! I love the Bo Peep and Toy Story outfit. Well here are some pictures from our trip. We got lots of comments over all. I hope there are not too many!

Our first park day at HS. The Little Einsten characters loved the outfits!
IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

We got alot of attention this day. I had several people ask where I bought the t-shirts.
DisneyPhotoImage80.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage75.jpg

And I have to add this one because I love it!
DisneyPhotoImage62.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

I was a little disappointed this day because no one noticed the Cinderella applique! The park was very crowded though.
IMG_2586.jpg

These look so awesome!! Did you have an awesome trip? How were the crowds, I think you were there the week before we were......

Wendy

Welcome back! It looks like you had a good time! Yay! We get to see a picture of you! Sawyer and I have the same red Mickey shirt as your son! I LOOOVE the Aurora picture. That is absolutely precious! Your kids are so adorable! Thanks for sharing these pictures!

It's official, winter is here. My DS on the left and his BGFF on the right. I am so happy I just got all the snow gear. Our little neighbor friend didn't have anything to wear.
th_08firstbigsnow.jpg
UGGH! Not allready!

th_Lilyfriends006.jpg

th_Lilyfriends008.jpg
Tifani these are great!!! I love that pink on the Toy Story one too!!! and WOW those appliques are fabulous! :thumbsup2 Lily is going to look so adorable on your trip!!

I also think it is very cool that you and your MIL have such a close relationship!
Oh my, I've missed you ladies heaps!
We missed you too!
:welcome: Missy!! I would use the dowels, too. I can't wait to see what you make!! I have always wanted to do korber bows. I have the ribbon, I have the dowels, and I have the clips. I've had it all for about a year and still haven't done it! I bought the dowel at Home Depot.
:rolleyes1 I've made korker ribbon :rolleyes1
I made it, than didn't do anything with it though! So, I guess I can't gloat about that too much, huh??

But, I did buy some embroidery thread today at Joanns! I had no idea what colors to get though! So, I just got red, black and white! I was thinking of green too, but didnt' know which shade to get. I need a good stash of embroidery thread!
Thank you so much for setting up an easy to remember name for us to use!! Now I don't have to come here and click on my siggy to get to the site!:rotfl:
I had to do the same thing!!! So, I figured I'd fork over the money and register us an easy to remember name! (dont' worry, it's really cheap to register domain names!)

:scared1: NOOOO!! I don't wanna have snow!!!! Your picture made me realize how much I am dreading winter. We had a LOOOOOONG winter last year and a short Spring/Summer. I am not ready!

I KNOW it almost makes me want to cry!!! At least we have Steph coming to look forward too, and YOU have the Dismeet in the most horrible miserable month of the year.

th_675.jpg
I like the white with no square too.
Hi Everyone,

We had a great trip, so sad that it is over!

Thanks, Wendy
Welcome home Wendy!!! I think the Friends around the World fabric woudl be great!
Soooo this is how EXCITED I am that I am absolutely positively completely FINISHED with all of my orders!!!!!! I am soooooo glad that all of those outfits and other things are completed and mailed and DONE!!!!!!!!!! Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled program of sewing for my girls and trying to keep up with this board!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2: I laugh because that is completely IMPOSSIBLE! So I know I missed everything, but wanted to say!

YEAH for you!!! I have three or maybe it's four outfits I need to finish sewing for people, and then a few Big Give outfist to sew up! It will feel good to be done with that!

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments about Arminda! I think she's pretty sweet too!

Ok, I have a picture of the shirt, but it isn't the best! My battery was dying and she was freezing and her hair was wet too, what a bad mommy I was to make her take off her coat so I could snap a picture!! It was really cold out! It's nothing spectacular, but I'll definetely be trying some more t-shirts, it was so easy!

DSCF4622.JPG

These look so awesome!! Did you have an awesome trip? How were the crowds, I think you were there the week before we were......

Wendy

We did have a wonderful trip! We were there 9/27- 10/5 (that is with the travel days). The crowds were high on the weekends but not too bad during the week. We ate so much! We tried a few new places to eat. We will do Garden Grill and 1900 Park Fare again but will skip the Princess dinner in Norway. I got some snacks that I had read about on the forum, like Dole Whip and the ice cream cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery. Yummy! I love free dining!

When were you there? How was your trip!

th_IMG_1842.jpg
th_IMG_2071.jpg
th_IMG_2100.jpg
th_DisneyPhotoImage80.jpg
th_DisneyPhotoImage105.jpg

th_DisneyPhotoImage75.jpg
th_DisneyPhotoImage62.jpg
th_IMG_2415.jpg
th_IMG_2586.jpg

We booked with the bounceback special for the same week next year. I have to say that being 10 weeks pregnant made it a very tiring trip! And next year I will have a five month old along for the trip. Though my parents are going along so that will help!

Wonderful pictures and outfits!!! It's so nice to see a picture of you and your hubby!! Your kids are just adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter