Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our test results back today in Algebra.. I got an A!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I bought myself a chocolate cake to celebrate. I had the bakery put an A on it:rotfl: What a dork!!!
...t.

What to go T! I knew you could do it! How excited are you?

Polka Dot from Joann's Sku #'s

Somebody a while ago asked for the SKU #'s for the polka dotted fabric from Joann's. Sorry for the bold but I don't remember who it was that asked and I wanted them to see it! I was there today and got the ones that they had so here they are:

Large Polka Dots on Kelly Green : 110-2086

Large Polka Dots on Royal (bright blue): 110-2094

Large Polka Dots on Navy: 110-2045

Large Polka Dots on Cocoa (brown): 110-2102

Large Polka Dots on Lipstick (red minnie dot!): 110-2029

Large Polka Dots on Tangerine (orange): 110-2052

The Large Polka Dots......are the names that were on the bottom of the bolt by the SKU #'s. They were all $4.99/yard. I am pretty sure there was a pink one the first time I went but I couldn't find it today. Hope that helps anyone looking for a Minnie Dot fabric.

To anyone who has made a skort.

I franken made a skort today. Basically I took the waist out of knit shorts and attached them to to a skirt. But it feels so HEAVY. Anyone else had this happen?

Excited enough to buy cake!!! I even called my ex husband to tell him the good news. He is a genius (literally) and is a math WHIZ. He had to drum math into my head every year so I could get through summer school. I had summer school for math freshman through junior years.

You know, I didn't think I could do it but now I actually WANT to study my Algebra so I can get another A.

I don't know if ya'll remember but my dad told me I was wasting my time going back to school b/c I couldn't do the math. AND the when the counselor saw that I'd dropped the class twice before and would be paying out of state tuition (this ONE class cost more than my other 3 combined) she said "there are plenty of certificate programs that don't require Algebra" It was like a knife in my heart. It was like being told I wasn't smart enough or good enough for a degree. So now, I just wanna get an A in this class.

Thanks for all the Kudos guys!!!:hug:

bright mickey heads top
2008_0922cameranew0044.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shirt and fabric!! Where did you get the fabric?? :love:

Hi Everyone!

Wasnt the news about the Winklers soooo awesome!!!!!:thumbsup2

Mommy of 2 princesses - AWESOME WORK!!! The outfits and tops are so cute!!! I love them!!! I wish I could wear something like that!!! I wanted to make a pair of cute shorts for our trip, but DH said no way....oh well.....

We leave for Miami on Friday - found a really cheap place in the Islamorada and we are going to try to cook on the bbq's they have there to keep cost really down - cause then we drive up past Sanibel and then on to Disney!!! I am sooooo bummed though - we never got a free dining email!!! So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been missing from this thread forever. I think I last posted on the old one! You all are just too fast for me! I did finally do some sewing. I surprised two of my neices by taking them to HSM on Ice.

Here they are when they discovered we were going to HSM and not the mall!
P9201278.jpg

The outfits I made them.
P9201282.jpg

Closeups
P9201290.jpg

P9201291.jpg

My first dabble at making necklaces. They didn't come out perfect, but they'll do. I'm sure I'll get better with practice.
P9201292.jpg

P9201293.jpg

Here they are singing along to the show. They have blue mouths from thier FIFTEEN dollar snowcones.
P9211348.jpg

Oh, and I added about 3 installments to my trip report since I last posted. There is a link in my signature. :yay:

They are so cute, hope y'all had a blast!!

We got our test results back today in Algebra.. I got an A!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I bought myself a chocolate cake to celebrate. I had the bakery put an A on it:rotfl: What a dork!!!
...t.

Congratulations, way to go!!

Excited enough to buy cake!!! I even called my ex husband to tell him the good news. He is a genius (literally) and is a math WHIZ. He had to drum math into my head every year so I could get through summer school. I had summer school for math freshman through junior years.

You know, I didn't think I could do it but now I actually WANT to study my Algebra so I can get another A.

I don't know if ya'll remember but my dad told me I was wasting my time going back to school b/c I couldn't do the math. AND the when the counselor saw that I'd dropped the class twice before and would be paying out of state tuition (this ONE class cost more than my other 3 combined) she said "there are plenty of certificate programs that don't require Algebra" It was like a knife in my heart. It was like being told I wasn't smart enough or good enough for a degree. So now, I just wanna get an A in this class.

Thanks for all the Kudos guys!!!:hug:

Congratulations!! Math is a lot of fun. :-) You can do it!!!!!

Oh how cute! They look so excited and I love the outfits you made them, jewelery and all. What a great day!

What a great idea! I think black ribbon would look boyish. I am so impressed with how great it looks: Nathan will love it!

I am so EXCITED!!! My husband bought me a new sewing machine. The one I have is 10 years old and does not do all the stitches it is supposed to (ie: zig zag...which is what I need to applique). So it is not a major one...but it is the CE5000 Limited Edition Project Runway (Brother) with 50 built in stiches & 87 stitch functions (which I have no idea what that means)....all I know is I can now start to do some of those incredible applique's I see you all doing!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!! Sorry...no one else in my circle of friends & family understands how excited I get about sewing!! LOL!! I knew you all would.

Any suggestions or tips on this machine would be greatly appreciated. I just got it today...and cannot use it till this weekend...I am going out of town for work tomorrow morning and not returning till Thursday evening...ugh! I will be dreaming of it till then! hahahah!

Time to look at the Applique tutorials again! I did buy some self adhesive/fusible paper...but need to get a ton more colors of thread! any suggestion on the best thread to use???

THANKS FOR READING...I AM JUST SO EXCITED...I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!

Char:dance3: :cheer2:

Such great news! I would read Heather's tutorial and then start with something simple. You will be making masterpieces in no time, I know it!

OK...so i just signed up on YCMT and purchased 3 patterns $31...and nothing??? I have called and emailed them, but no answer. I have check my library on their site...and there is nothing there. I checked my account balance (bank) and the charges have come through! I am so frustrated!!

Usually I see them in my library right away, so I hope they sort if out for you! :hug:

OK off to get ready for my back-to-school presentation!! Have a great night all!

Hope your back to school night went well!

BTW: small update on teacher situation......

Riley has asked me to call the principal and ask her to meet with us together. She wants to talk to her and let her know some of the things that are happening in class, but she in not comfortable going in on her own. She said that she understood that we had all told her what the kids were saying, but she thinks that the principal will understand better if she hears it from the kids.

Oh it's so frustrating how slow everything goes in the school system! When I met with Jacob's kindergarten teacher in July I asked for him to be tested for stuttering: he did not get into the speech program until spring break! Fortunately it was a mild problem but I was hopping mad it took so long to get him evaluated and placed.

How mature of Riley to want to meet with the principal! I wouldn't have had the guts at her age! Please keep us updated.

Sara Beth is so cute! I love them all but that patchwork skirt is awesome! I bet you will get lots of comments when she wears it!

...t.

:banana: :banana: :banana: Hey, good for you! I knew you could do it!

Wow, a teenager in customs! That is quite an accomplishment and I hope you are proud of yourself. She looks gorgeous in them and I love them all. That stroller organizer is da bomb!

Maybe Elmo is easy because he is fuzzy?

I love those baby pictures of Dallas! I think because Megan had that same hair and once I cut off those baby curls they were gone forever. My husband was so mad when I cut them off!

To anyone who has made a skort.

I franken made a skort today. Basically I took the waist out of knit shorts and attached them to to a skirt. But it feels so HEAVY. Anyone else had this happen?

Weird! I made the twirl skort from ycmt and it is a lot of fabric but it doesn't feel that heavy. Maybe because they are too different fabrics you are having problems.

Thank you...what does the Dealership version mean?? I haven't heard that :)
http://www.thesewingoutlet.com/sewing_machines/brother-innovis-40.html
Basically I paid an arm and a leg for mine and got it from a brother dealer sewing shop. But it is basically the same machine.

Have fun at your back to school night! I hope you can do as well as Riley's weirdo teacher did. He just stood there and said, "I really don't have anything to say" over and over and over. It was very informative!:rolleyes:

BTW: small update on teacher situation......

Riley has asked me to call the principal and ask her to meet with us together. She wants to talk to her and let her know some of the things that are happening in class, but she in not comfortable going in on her own. She said that she understood that we had all told her what the kids were saying, but she thinks that the principal will understand better if she hears it from the kids.
Good for Riley wanting to talk to the principal!
We have a meeting with the principal and the teacher on the 29 to discuss a 504 plan for Nikki. I had to have George take off work because I had a HUGE fight with the principal on Friday and I told him I would likely throttle the principal if I had to be in a closed room with her! UGH!
LOVE everything! I am working on a LE dress for my niece and wills tart pants for my nephew hopefully today.
...t.
GREAT job! You should be very proud of your self!

ok who wants to guess what concert i will be going to tomorrow?
okay you give up?
new kids on the block
i am so excited
LOL I have a few friends that are going to see them! LOL I admit even the heavy metal hair and loving girl I am had their tape!

Too many Elmo's! I know alot of you have seen these before as this is a super old outfit! Sorry.

th_elmo.jpg

th_elmocup.jpg

th_elmoout1.jpg

I used red, well matching colors to outline. It was my 1st (or 2nd, I did them the same week) applique ever so all I can say is, he was SO easy! Or maybe I just like a challenge. Sorry, I can't find a front on big picture anywhere! I am so bad about my pictures being everywhere!

ETA - Oh, how I miss that hair!
SO so cute! he has grown so much!

Stephers-
It took that long to get him into speech!?!?!? UGH! Glad it wasn't serious. But I will say it is freaking me out because I am trying to get Nikki a 504 plan because of her celiac and I am so nervous she is going to get sick in the mean time because her teacher is an idiot!

Stephers-
It took that long to get him into speech!?!?!? UGH! Glad it wasn't serious. But I will say it is freaking me out because I am trying to get Nikki a 504 plan because of her celiac and I am so nervous she is going to get sick in the mean time because her teacher is an idiot!

Yes! I meant to tell you not to wait on getting it started. The red tape is horrible and the sooner you get it started the better, even if you might not need it.

When I requested Jacob to be tested for gifted it was a full year before they did it. Most parents I talk to get them privately tested and pay for it because it takes so long.

Maybe with it being a health issue it will go quicker: I hope so!

Yes! I meant to tell you not to wait on getting it started. The red tape is horrible and the sooner you get it started the better, even if you might not need it.

When I requested Jacob to be tested for gifted it was a full year before they did it. Most parents I talk to get them privately tested and pay for it because it takes so long.

Maybe with it being a health issue it will go quicker: I hope so!

I kind of figured it would take awhile but I was hoping I was wrong. My biggest issue is her teacher is not being proactive and trying to find out the way to keep her safe and healthy in the mean time!!!!!!! UGh every time I think about it I get so mad and want to scream! I sent the teacher and email on friday asking her to call me and I am still waiting to hear from her I also asked the principal t have her call me and NOTHING!

Anyone know where I can get a minnie mouse inspired dress (boutique style) for my 2T daughter? The trick is I leave for Disney on Tuesday. So I need it by Mon. 9/29. My quick turn around time is whats giving me the trouble. All of your awesome clothes inspired me but I can't sew. We are celebrating my daughter's b-day there and I would love for her to have a special dress. She LOVES Minnie!

I have checked out some sites recommended to me on Etsy and Ebay and they were wonderful but my turnaround time is too quick for them.

Thank you.

Anyone know where I can get a minnie mouse inspired dress (boutique style) for my 2T daughter? The trick is I leave for Disney on Tuesday. So I need it by Mon. 9/29. My quick turn around time is whats giving me the trouble. All of your awesome clothes inspired me but I can't sew. We are celebrating my daughter's b-day there and I would love for her to have a special dress. She LOVES Minnie!

I have checked out some sites recommended to me on Etsy and Ebay and they were wonderful but my turnaround time is too quick for them.

Thank you.
You might just want to wait until you get there. They have some of the cutest Minnie Mouse dresses all over WDW.

Thank you.

I sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter