• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies...and Tom...and everyone...:goodvibes

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

missed y'all so much!!! I really did! I SWEAR I saw Steph in line at Magic Kingdom!

did I?

So what's the haps? Anything fun take place while I was gone? Ten days is FOREVER...and not.

i'm one tuckered cowgirl...and already planning the next trip!

missed y'all so much!!:hug:

Welcome Home! Glad you're back. Hope the weather was okay for you! Now write that trip report, we're all dying to read it!

I finished Jocelyn's Wendy costume last night except for the hem and snaps. Here it is. I started without a pattern and that didn't turn out to well so I had to start over with a pattern and it turned out pretty good! Joci loves it! Now to start Peter Pan! I am off to Joann's w/ my coupon for pattern & to look at some more fabric - possibly for an outfit for Evie.
th_IMG_4781.jpg

th_IMG_4783.jpg

Great job! She makes a really cute Wendy!

I made a dress for someone else!!!! So scary! One of my friends saw Aleah in her Tinker Bell pillowcase dress and wanted one for her daugher. It's a combination of Aleah's dress and the one I made for my niece. When I did the strips, I made them triangular. Love that idea!

Also, my sister bought a serger and let me use it!!!! :cool1: I practiced on this dress. :scared:

Here's Aleah modeling it. The girl I made it for is a little older, so the dress is a bit big on her.

th_Tink1.jpg
th_Tink2.jpg

th_Tink3.jpg
th_Tink4.jpg

It's been so long since I made anything. I have to remember how to put these in our Disboutique photobucket account.

I have the pillowcases but haven't decided what to do with them. Love teh way your dress turned out! Great job!

Now once you figure out the photobucket account would you help me? I tried very unsuccessfully to put my pictures in the other day and couldn't figure it out :rotfl2: ! I swear I'm smarter in real life than I am online!

my neighbors were blasting music till 3:00 am !!! My husband did not want me to call the cops because we are new to this neighborhood and did not want any trouble!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SO I entertained myself making a handbag for my niece

2007_09080014-1.jpg

2007_09080006.jpg

2007_09080008.jpg

linnette

That is so cute. I love the color choice.

She is the cutest Wendy!!

my neighbors were blasting music till 3:00 am !!! My husband did not want me to call the cops because we are new to this neighborhood and did not want any trouble!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2007_09080014-1.jpg

2007_09080006.jpg

2007_09080008.jpg

linnette
We have upstairs neighbors that do the same thing. They play Mexican music really loud and sometimes it is hard to sleep. That bag is really cute. :thumbsup2

Please be kind. ;) This is my first post among such great talents. I make a lot of clothes for our Disney trips. This is my Giselle dress for MNSSHP.

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

I have not posted in forever and a day but I am procrastinating. :)

OMG . . . Giselle is stunning! My DD would die for that dress. I have been looking forever for teal fabric like that. I just have not been able to find it. errrr

My older DD and I are going to WDW on a Mother Daughter trip. She is excited to say the least!

Here is a couple of things I have made her.

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

111_0239.jpg

111_0206.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF9287.jpg

DSCF9352.jpg

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9702.jpg

OMG . . . Giselle is stunning! My DD would die for that dress. I have been looking forever for teal fabric like that. I just have not been able to find it. errrr

My older DD and I are going to WDW on a Mother Daughter trip. She is excited to say the least!

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

111_0239.jpg

111_0206.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF9287.jpg

DSCF9352.jpg

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9702.jpg

AMAZING!!! You are very talented!!! I am very jealous!!!:) Did you make those this Ava's (isn't that the name of the girl bot in Walle?) on the bows? What did you make them out of?

I was looking at applique designs on :wizard: and was wondering how to know how to cut the fabric for each part that is a different color on the applique? Do you print out the design first and then cut? Does this make sense?

I am really wanting to get a embroidery machine and would love some recommendation!!!

Ok well I had a little trouble with the thread jamming up in the machine with the elastic! It really bugged me. But I seemed to sew on the knit just fine. here are the shorts.

th_nemooutfit001-1.jpg
Very cute!!!
Here are some purses Nikki made! She decided she wanted to learn how to sew. I worked the foot pedal because I wasn't sure she could control it. She sewed all the sides and the straps. The one with the purple button is hers for our trip in Nov. I wanted to make my niece a smaller version just to have a matching one like her big cousin. Well Nikki's girlfriend saw Nikki's and loved it so Nik had to make one for her. Well she has a 2 yr old little sister and I couldn't leave her out. So I made the fabric stretch! Nik's has the fairies on the inside the others have a purple gingham. Nik also sewed the brown button on for the most part by her self. I just really closed the purses up I thought that might be to hard to maneuver for a 8 yr old.'
th_IMG_4579.jpg
Great job Niki!!!!
But look at this...it is sooooo cute!!!!

th_P8310002.jpg
That is so cute!!!!!!!! I love it!

I made a dress for someone else!!!! So scary! One of my friends saw Aleah in her Tinker Bell pillowcase dress and wanted one for her daugher. It's a combination of Aleah's dress and the one I made for my niece. When I did the strips, I made them triangular. Love that idea!

Also, my sister bought a serger and let me use it!!!! :cool1: I practiced on this dress. :scared:

Here's Aleah modeling it. The girl I made it for is a little older, so the dress is a bit big on her.

th_Tink1.jpg
It looks great!!!! It is so scary to make other people things, isn't it! I just finished a Giselle dress for a lady on the Dis, and I was scared to death until she emailed me to tell me she loved it! Phew! We are our own worst critic!

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

missed y'all so much!!! I really did! I SWEAR I saw Steph in line at Magic Kingdom!

did I?

So what's the haps? Anything fun take place while I was gone? Ten days is FOREVER...and not.

We missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping you'd stop in and say hi today!!!!

I finished Jocelyn's Wendy costume last night except for the hem and snaps. Here it is. I started without a pattern and that didn't turn out to well so I had to start over with a pattern and it turned out pretty good! Joci loves it! Now to start Peter Pan! I am off to Joann's w/ my coupon for pattern & to look at some more fabric - possibly for an outfit for Evie.
th_IMG_4781.jpg
That looks fantastic!!!!
my neighbors were blasting music till 3:00 am !!! My husband did not want me to call the cops because we are new to this neighborhood and did not want any trouble!!!!

th_2007_09080014-1.jpg

linnette
Great job Linnette!!! I'm sorry about the neighbors though!
Welcome Home! Glad you're back. Hope the weather was okay for you! Now write that trip report, we're all dying to read it!

Great job! She makes a really cute Wendy!

I have the pillowcases but haven't decided what to do with them. Love teh way your dress turned out! Great job!

Now once you figure out the photobucket account would you help me? I tried very unsuccessfully to put my pictures in the other day and couldn't figure it out :rotfl2: ! I swear I'm smarter in real life than I am online!
I have a tutorial, did you try using that?

Please be kind. ;) This is my first post among such great talents. I make a lot of clothes for our Disney trips. This is my Giselle dress for MNSSHP.

th_IMG_1568.jpg

]

That is gorgeous!!!!! The fabric you found looks wonderful!

It's funny that you would post this, because I just made one too! (for someone else)

th_IMG_4781.jpg

th_IMG_4783.jpg

Adorable! I can't wait to see Peter Pan

th_2007_09080014-1.jpg

th_2007_09080006.jpg

th_2007_09080008.jpg

linnette

Cute bag, I love the fabric

th_IMG_1568.jpg

th_IMG_1567.jpg

This gorgeous! The teal fabric is absolutely perfect

th_DSCF0048.jpg

th_DSCF0101.jpg

th_111_0239.jpg

th_111_0206.jpg

th_DSCF0086.jpg

th_DSCF9287.jpg

th_DSCF9352.jpg

th_DSCF9362.jpg

th_DSCF9702.jpg

Your work is fantastic. They are all great, but I love the Sleeping Beauty one

Thanks so much the Eva bows were made by an :wizard: seller- Waughzee. She also did the Sleeping Beauty tiara and about 100 other things for us. My other favorite bow seller is Little_Lady_Bowtique. She does all the really fun loopy bows. We are seriously spoiled!!!

DD is going to wear the SB dress to the fancy shmancy tea party at the Grand Floridian. It has bling all over it. I still have to make a few alterations to the top.

DSCF9365.jpg

More for our trip.

DSCF7001.jpg

2008_0820041.jpg

Here are a couple others.

DSCF9976.jpg

This was for the first day of school.

111_0245.jpg

Here are some other random ones. :0

111_0165.jpg

2007_0503010.jpg

DSCF9948.jpg

DSCF9366.jpg

2007_0710004.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

Oz006.jpg

Do you have a link to the wallet? I would love to try something new.

One of the YCMT designers, that*darn*kat, has a free wallet tutorial on her blog. Haven't tried it yet, but printed it out...

I'd like the link too. I've looked in the bookmarks and didn't really find what I had in mind.
Wait, I think I found it and it's exactly what I am looking for!
http://darnkat.wordpress.com/quilted-fabric-wallet-tutorial/[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's it! Let me know how it goes if you do it. I really liked her bag but haven't tried the wallet yet.

I want to thank everyone for you prayers and kind words! I am here crying just knowing that so many of you care. Dh is not worried and he did get a nice severance package. Tuesday I send him on a job hunt as the last 3 days with him home was enough to drive me insane! He was very unhappy at his job and I am hoping he will find something that he enjoys. We are willing to relocate as long as a Disney store or Disney World are nearby for me to work...but for right now we hope to find something close to home! thanks again for all the kind words...

And now...it is raining again! Perhaps we will get out of this drought! We had 11 inches on Wed!

I know what you mean about DH at home! My DH was home ONE day and started doing "projects". :eek: Please just find a job!! ;)

Claire calls my FIL "Dude".:rotfl2:

He didn't want to be Papa or Pepaw or anything like that like some of his friends are called. He also was only 56 when she was born, so he thought he was too young to be a Grandpa. So he wanted to be the "Grandpa Dude".:confused3 Five years later, that's what we all call him, including my 2 1/2 yo nephew! My MIL calls him that sometimes when she is talking to me now. Their house is "Grandma and Dude's house".:rotfl:

We have a mimi, a papa, a grammy and a grandma in our family. :)

There was no practicing to it. My machine did all of the work.:rotfl2: I have an embroidery machine and I bought machine applique designs from a great lady on :wizard:. All I had to do was pick the material and stick it to the fabric, trim it, and let my wonderful machine do all of that satin stitch around them. I love my machine, both to sew on and for embroidery.:banana:

DH teases me that it isn't sewing if I can walk away and get a snack while the machine does the work! :rotfl:

I just liked it if they remembered that Heather and I weren't the same person when I worked at the daycare. Seriously, they would bring presents for my Mom and for Heather and then nothing for me! Or, put to Barbara (my mom)and helpers! We had a small in-home daycare, it's not like there were a bunch of helpers, just me and Heather! :confused3

Sheesh! My two kids go to a full size daycare. The teachers change kind of often, but I still make sure I know all of their names!

th_DSCF9365.jpg

More for our trip.

th_DSCF7001.jpg
th_2008_0820041.jpg

th_DSCF9976.jpg

th_111_0245.jpg

th_111_0165.jpg

th_2007_0503010.jpg
th_DSCF9948.jpg
th_DSCF9366.jpg

th_2007_0710004.jpg
th_DSCF0069.jpg
th_Oz006.jpg

Super cute!!!

th_Tink1.jpg
th_Tink2.jpg
th_Tink3.jpg
th_Tink4.jpg

It's been so long since I made anything. I have to remember how to put these in our Disboutique photobucket account.
Beautiful!!! Your friend will LOVE it!!! I'm sure her DD will flip too!!!!

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

did I?

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip.

This is sooooo like my DH. He says, "Can't we go somewhere other than Disney." And I say, "Sure you plan it." So it never gets done. If I am making all of the arrangements, all of the planning, all of the packing, ALL by myself...we are going where I want to go. Great thing is, by all of them nixing Disney this year...I get to go twice with my DD!
I really am going to let him come up with something else next year. I actually feel better about things tonight. We went to MIL's today and I cut out my youngest's first day of school outfit. MIL has a huge bar in her basement that is great for cutting out and the kids were outside playing so I had peace & quiet. I was thinking about things and am OK with Disney being my thing. He really doesn't need to go anymore. I won't stop going. I've got plans for at least Feb 09 with oldest DD (9), May 09 for my birthday with DS(8), Jan 10 for DD's 7th birthday (I took other 2 for their 7th birthdays.

th_IMG_4781.jpg
th_IMG_4783.jpg
Perfect! We went to MNSSHP one year with my kids as Wendy, Peter Pan and Tink. I just used a princess blue nightgown :scared1: ;) and store bought Tink costume but I did make Peter Pan costume. I bought the hat at Disney though.

th_2007_09080014-1.jpg
th_2007_09080006.jpg
th_2007_09080008.jpg

linnette
WOW!!!! I'm sure she'll love it! Hope you have quiet tonight!

th_IMG_1568.jpg
th_IMG_1567.jpg
That is great!

Just wanted to share with you all my new sets for our trip in October... They are matching! I love how these turned out. I do not think I have shared these. Maybe I did . If so sorry
IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

Lori

Just wanted to share with you all my new sets for our trip in October... They are matching! I love how these turned out. I do not think I have shared these. Maybe I did . If so sorry
IMG_5517.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

Lori

These are cute. I've got my eye on some Jack and Sally machine appliques for something ...... I've no idea what, yet.

Thanks so much Eva was made by an :wizard: seller- Waughzee. She also did the Sleeping Beauty tiara and about 100 other things for us. My other favorite bow seller is Little_Lady_Bowtique. She does all the really fun loopy bows. We are seriously spoiled!!!

DD is going to wear the SB dress to the fancy shmancy tea party at the Grand Floridian. It has bling all over it. I still have to make a few alterations to the top.

DSCF9365.jpg

More for our trip.

DSCF7001.jpg

2008_0820041.jpg

DSCF9976.jpg

111_0245.jpg

111_0165.jpg

2007_0503010.jpg

DSCF9948.jpg

DSCF9366.jpg

2007_0710004.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

Oz006.jpg

Everything looks wonderful. I thought you made your own customs? Or is just some?

Everything looks wonderful. I thought you made your own customs? Or is just some?

I make everything myself. I do have two friends who do all the bows. I do not make bows. They really suck! LOL I know my limits! :) The bows they make are wonderful. I would rather just throw money at them.

I make everything myself. I do have two friends who do all the bows. I do not make bows. They really suck! LOL I know my limits! :) The bows they make are wonderful. I would rather just throw money at them.

I suck at them too! It is easier to pay someone than do it myself. hahaha

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter