Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and it is all over...I bought the YCMT pattern for boutique bags. Didn't follow it exactly, but pretty close. That's how I sew most stuff.:lmao:

So I suppose I should actually buy a pattern instead of trying to wing it??? :rotfl2: Yah, I am a winger too! But I have to admit I have come up with some nice looking things (and some not so, but we won't discuss that here!)

I have not made a bag yet so I have a question... Do you use fusible interfacing? If so where do you fuse it? If not, do you put it just on the base/bottom? Thanks in advance.
I use fusible fleece on the outside layer and interfacing on the lining.

So I suppose I should actually buy a pattern instead of trying to wing it??? :rotfl2: Yah, I am a winger too! But I have to admit I have come up with some nice looking things (and some not so, but we won't discuss that here!)
I wing it too. I use a pattern but if i don't get why they tell you to do something is usually when I just wing it.

I don't like Play Doh either!! Atleast not in the house or the car. Play Doh can stay outside with the Moon Sand and the Sidewalk chalk.:thumbsup2

We do Plah-Doh on an old shower curtain! But watercolors, that's a porch activity only.

I wing my bag patterns too, Usually decide how I want them to look then do a pattern of my own, cothing I tend to use a pattern, but have been known to do my own

DSCF1776.jpg

04082008182.jpg

03082008179.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

FuchsiaRoseBloombag.jpg

DSCF1630.jpg

Baginner.jpg

Bucketbag.jpg

Have done a pink cotton dress for my daughter for Disney, but need to take pics tomorrow

I have to say that I think it is strange for a teacher to say that to you. I taught for 8 years before I had my girls and I was never anything but grateful for all of the gifts I received. And I think a Starbucks GC is a great gift, even though I don't like coffee I would still treat myself to a frappuccino or one of their baked goods and be thrilled. Perhaps people have forgotten their manners when receiving a gift and should just remember to say thank you, or at least remember it's not the gift but the thought that counts. Most kids are so happy to give a gift to their teacher (and my kids were middle school, and were still excited) that I can't believe someone would risk breaking their hearts by saying something. Sorry, but that really bothers me.

If you are trying to buy a gift for a teacher and aren't sure what they like I generally stick to Target gift cards. I used to do the VISA gift cards but now they charge too much for them (I have to pay to give you money :confused3 ). I figure there is something for everyone at Target (groceries, clothes, Starbucks, homegoods, etc.) and it's one of my favorite stores. I will say that I have gotten some strange gifts over the years but my students never knew that I was anything but thrilled to receive them.

I like the Target gift card idea, especially once they finish constructing the one right near my kid's daycare! Otherwise the closest one isn't really close enough to give a gift card to. :( Luckily, I think I've seen everyone of my kid's teachers drinking something from Dunkin Donuts, it's around the corner from the school. Of course it is, this is New England there is a Dunkin Donuts on EVERY corner! :)

I've decided to make the free purse pattern from YCMT for my kids Godmothers and teachers for Xmas. I will have some extra fabric left and was wondering if anyone knew of a SIMPLE wallet pattern. I don't want to purchase a lot more material, just use up what I have. I already have $5 invested in each purse and wanted to stuff them with something too (gift card, travel lotions/sanitizer, etc.). Any ideas for other things to put in them?

One of the YCMT designers, that*darn*kat, has a free wallet tutorial on her blog. Haven't tried it yet, but printed it out...

I wing my bag patterns too, Usually decide how I want them to look then do a pattern of my own, cothing I tend to use a pattern, but have been known to do my own

DSCF1776.jpg

04082008182.jpg

03082008179.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

FuchsiaRoseBloombag.jpg

DSCF1630.jpg

Baginner.jpg

Bucketbag.jpg

Have done a pink cotton dress for my daughter for Disney, but need to take pics tomorrow

Loving the stroller bags! Well, they are all cute but I could have used something like that!

Well, I have a few of Attikus's customs! First I'll post the girls, then you can see there are a couple that cordinate with A.J. That is if you can see in all the mess.:rotfl2: The bad part is I have to pack all of those clothe, plus 4 petti's and MY clothes:scared1: Can you tell I'm procrastinating(sp?) We leave Thursday after I get :woohoo: of work!
P1020238.jpg

Some of Attikus's customs!
P1020250.jpg

Here's what they are wearing to Crystal Palace!
DSC00128.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

Attikus's outfit, sorry he's asleep so no modeling tonight!:rotfl:
P1020251.jpg

Thanks for all the comments on the girls outfits. They turned out really cute. My poor mom is going to have one stiff neck:worship: , but I know she loves seeing the kids get attention!:lmao: Plus I love looking around the parks for customs! I don't really see much:confused3 , I hope to see some this trip:thumbsup2

Jessica52877-Attikus is 3mos almost 15wks:sad1: He is growing up soooo fast:confused3 He's my sweet little boy:angel:

I just found out miss Araeyah's ear infection is a staff, so the meds she was on wasn't helping it. So tomorrow new meds and the Doc sad she will be good to go to disney:banana:

Oh! 6 days till we hit the road to the world:cool1: :yay: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

Great bags that were just posted!

Well we leave in the morning. i just finished my last project. I still have to pack.... we are only a little under 2 1/2 hrs from WDW so i can do some in the morning. Thanks for all of the help, you guys are great!!!

customs002.jpg

customs003.jpg

I did my first applique ever on this shirt that we had... ummm, lets just say i need a little practice=)

customs005.jpg

i wanted a mickey head on this too but didnt want to ruin it.. so i cheated, i just used the heat and bond, no stitching, i will try to stitch it when we get home before i wash it...

and i made 2 pillowcases, a few mistakes along the way, but i am improving =)
pillowcases005.jpg

pillowcases002.jpg

DSCF1776.jpg

04082008182.jpg

03082008179.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

FuchsiaRoseBloombag.jpg

DSCF1630.jpg

Baginner.jpg

Bucketbag.jpg

OMG!!! I love the Mickey stroller bag!! I can't read your label but do you have a website? Do you sell your bags?

Okay I just did my first applique ever. It came out okay for a first time, but how on earth are you supposed to sew around a curve? Do you need a special foot or something?

Here it is
Misc_026.jpg

And here is an upclose picture of the applique. See my woes with stitching the curves.
Misc_027.jpg

My DH told me I'm not allowed to make my daughter wear that. I didn't think it looked that bad. Thanks honey. :rolleyes:

Okay I just did my first applique ever. It came out okay for a first time, but how on earth are you supposed to sew around a curve? Do you need a special foot or something?

Here it is
Misc_026.jpg

And here is an upclose picture of the applique. See my woes with stitching the curves.
Misc_027.jpg

My DH told me I'm not allowed to make my daughter wear that. I didn't think it looked that bad. Thanks honey. :rolleyes:

They look great!!! You did awesome!:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter