Disboutiquers Part 7 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

th_P7310377.jpg
th_P7310375.jpg

Happy belated birthday! Your appliqué looks great. It looks like the perfect nascar shirt. Megan likes Jimmie Johnson, so I'd better not let her see this or she will want one!

Well, I haven't made it onto this thread until now. It's the first thread I haven't posted on. Of course I am kind of quiet and no one noticed me missing.

Things here have been rough. DH graduated from Georgia State University in May. He finally finished his Bachelors degree. But finding a job is really hard. He has been on three interviews and hasn't heard anything final from any of them. I have been sewing things for birthday gifts and using up my stash. For me it takes a lot of courage to give a home made gift but I think everyone has liked what I made.

I took somethings in to a consignment store today. Including some overalls with Halloween Mickey and Minnie appliqués on them. They had never been worn. They didn't give me much money for them and now I am really regretting it. :sad1: They didn't even tell me if they thought they were cute. I did try to sell them last year on :wizard: but I think it was too close to Halloween.

Thanks for listening.

:hug: I'm sorry you've been going through a rough stretch. I think home made gifts are the best and I am sure they are cherished.

So cute! Although I have to agree with Heather, your little girl is adorable in anything. I do like the yellow ruffle with the red. Your appliqué looks great too.

Look at Jenna! She looks so pleased with the outfit; you did a great job!

Okay guys. I just found out some exciting news. I am going to try and not share it with my DH until Disney ... but I am going to being sewing for another baby in April!!! We were pregnant in March but I miscarried. We were planning on trying again in Oct after the Disney trip - but I guess things happen when you aren't expecting it! I am wanting to tell my DH in Disney, does anyone have any good ideas??

I don't have any ideas, but congratulations!

Ohh, I like it. I think a 11 yo will love it! A bucket hat would be wonderful if you could do it in time. I say go for it.

I will try tomorrow: thanks!

This is very cute! I think it's great for an 11 year old. If you have time, the hat would be cool too, but I wouldn't stress about it. The outfit on it's own is terrific!

I will try not to stress. Why didn't release it last week, lol. I just wish I had an extra couple of days.

You are too cute for words!!! No Megan pose?! I LOVE the outfit! I would SO wear that!!!

how're you feeling Miss Steph? Hope you are better!!!

:goodvibes

Thanks! Heather said I couldn't out-twirl her, so she is lucky I made shorts!

My sinus crap has finally seemed to subside, just in time for me to catch a cold! Tom offered to take me out back and shoot me, sweet husband that he is.

Try hand winding, maybe it to too stretched out when the machine does it. And try 4 if 5 does not work after handwinding.

I agree; I think hand-winding on some machines is best. And you won't see it bunch up until you have done a couple of rows. And you can steam it to get the elastic to tighten up as well. Good luck!

Now, on to the bowling shirt for my son, and a quilt for my son. I made a quilt for my daughter before she was born. My son just turned two ... :rolleyes1 Guess I better get crackin'!

Hmm, Dallas will be 6 in December and I started his sesame street quilt before he turned 3, so you still haven't quite caught up with me! :rotfl:

Thanks to Heather, I finally got this done for one of the MAW families. She helped with the design and insisted that I model it when I was finished (but no twirling). Now, the burning question is, should I try to do the bucket hat on ycmt before I have to send it out tomorrow? I'm not sure I have time, but would it be too busy? I have squares left over so I am leaning towards yes, but not sure about the time thing.

I hope this is cool enough for an 11 year old.

th_IMG_0651.jpg

I LOVE it! I am starting to worry though, because I would totally wear it (along with Heather's), so hoping the kids love them! Heather's was a huge hit, so thinking yours will be too!

I've done some letters with my cricut. I just put the fusible on the back of the fabric before I cut and then just ironed right onto the t-shirt!

th_goriley.jpg

th_numbersix.jpg

This is one of the main reasons I would want one, but then if I start using it for fabric I get into the whole I want the $600 one, yada, yada, yada. :confused3

HELP!!!! I am Shirring the back of Katies Back to School top and I cant figure it out on my Brother CS6000i Yeah, and the first day is tomorrow.

Hmm, sounds like this machine doesn't like shirring. Sorry, no help, got the machine, but never shirred a thing.

So cute! My daughter loves Ariel but I have not found this fabric yet to case it!

I had seen this Ariel at walmart, but never bought any of it.

I may be wrong, but it can't hurt to try. Set your tension way up to like a 7 or 8. If my stitch width is a 5 and my tension is up to a 7 or 8 then, with regular thread, it gathers really well, so it should work with elastic thread :confused3 I have this machine (costco version) and I have had problems shirring in the past. Okay, I really need to stop DISing and go make a doll outfit I HAVE to finish tonight (haven't started it) :sad1:

I sure hope to see the doll outfit. I LOVE doll clothes! It is a childhood sickness. My great grandma used to make me outfit after outfit for my CPK and my mom made a few for my Mandy and Jenny dolls!

I got the patterns in my sewing room with a few cut out, never used, that I think about trying every once in a while. I am not keen on the smallness of sewing them though.

These are adorable. Where do you get your mickey buttons? I am looking for some for one of the outfits I made my daughter... :)

Hi there,
I got mine at Walmart, but I think I might have seen then at Michael's as well.
Yes, in the scrapbooking supplies.

I have been meaning to post some of my Disney bows. I started making bows when my DD started needing them :) Why buy when you can make! So here are some I have done.

Here is how you know you have lost it! The red and white one, the mickey in the middle is cut out of my old Disney Visa:rotfl2:

IMG_1293.jpg

Here are some ponytail holders.

IMG_1294.jpg

I made the Tink one to match her swim suit for her birthday party at the pool.

IMG_1034.jpg

Once I finish sewing I hope to make matching bows for her outfits before the trip.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement!

This is one of the main reasons I would want one, but then if I start using it for fabric I get into the whole I want the $600 one, yada, yada, yada. :confused3

I am sure that I would love the $600 cricut, but for now I am making do with the $100 one that I got on black friday at wal-mart last year. I really considered splurging on the bigger one, but my sister talked me out of it. I know it's cool, but for what I use it for, the smaller one is plenty. I would probably never use the letters any bigger than 5" (I think that's how big it goes) and very rarely even use that large.

We haven't used it much. I made this set and a couple of cards. Riley used it to do the lettering for her science project last year. I only have the 2 cartridges that came with it. I am going to teach Riley how to use it because I think she would have a blast making cards with it.

Here is my budget cricut tip! ~ I don't replace the cutting mat. I spray it with repositionable glue. I am sure you all do this, but I really felt smart when I thought of it so pretend like I'm a genius for a second.

I have been meaning to post some of my Disney bows. I started making bows when my DD started needing them :) Why buy when you can make! So here are some I have done.

Here is how you know you have lost it! The red and white one, the mickey in the middle is cut out of my old Disney Visa:rotfl2:

IMG_1293.jpg

Here are some ponytail holders.

IMG_1294.jpg

I made the Tink one to match her swim suit for her birthday party at the pool.

IMG_1034.jpg

Once I finish sewing I hope to make matching bows for her outfits before the trip.

These are adorable! Gave me some great ideas!!!

:worship: I took out my bobbin and tightened up the elastic and tried again and presto it worked now I am finishing the flutter sleeves and I will post a pic when it's all done!

I think I was also stressed since I have to have it done tonight. I origionally made another top to go with the skirt but didnt like it so I drew out another design and here we are.

Hi there,
I got mine at Walmart, but I think I might have seen then at Michael's as well.
Yes, in the scrapbooking supplies.

I got my Mickey and Minnie set at Walmart, but most scrapbooking places have them. Also have seen them at the bigger Joanns.
I don't sew, but how do you get them attached to the ribbon :confused: ? I use them when I do scrapbooks and they have a sticker mount on the back?

Question about serger... mine was delivered yesterday, and I was reading the manual last night and took it out of the box this afternoon. Do you change out the threads with the different outfit that you make so the thread matches... or do you keep it at one color, like white and use that on all outfits? Right now, it is threaded with red, green, yellow and blue and I am thinking those probably aren't the colors that I would stay with. The threading really scares me....I think I will play around with it a little after the kiddos go to bed tonight.

Also, do you buy regular thread or are there special thread for sergers?

You can use regular thread but since the serger uses so much, those can run out fast! I buy the large cones that are designed for use on sergers (I wait for JoAnn's to put theirs on sale). I would recommend that you start with white or off white. I have quite a few colors but honestly mostly use white. It seems like the wrong side of cotton prints is often fairly light or white so white thread blends in better IMO. I will change if I'd doing a rolled edge hem or if the fabric is a definite color on the wrong side.

BTW - I think JoAnn's will have their thread on sale soon for 50% off.

Thanks to Heather, I finally got this done for one of the MAW families. She helped with the design and insisted that I model it when I was finished (but no twirling). Now, the burning question is, should I try to do the bucket hat on ycmt before I have to send it out tomorrow? I'm not sure I have time, but would it be too busy? I have squares left over so I am leaning towards yes, but not sure about the time thing.

IMG_0651.jpg

That is very cute! I think a bucket hat would be cute and could be handy to have.

I've done some letters with my cricut. I just put the fusible on the back of the fabric before I cut and then just ironed right onto the t-shirt!

goriley.jpg

numbersix.jpg

That's cheating (I only say that because I don't have that machine :rotfl: )

I got my Mickey and Minnie set at Walmart, but most scrapbooking places have them. Also have seen them at the bigger Joanns.
I don't sew, but how do you get them attached to the ribbon :confused: ? I use them when I do scrapbooks and they have a sticker mount on the back?

I take the sticker part off and hot glue it onto the ribbon. I have not had one fall off yet but you never know.

Here's what I finally got finished up today. I've been working on them on and off for more than a month! These are more of my "use the stash" projects. :goodvibes I think they came out really cute... if I say so myself. :lmao:

alice_peek1.jpg

belle_peek1.jpg

minnie_peek1.jpg

tink_peek1.jpg

I also got the top done for the quilt I'm making as a gift for my niece and her DH (well, actually for the baby but he's not born yet). I was up way too late last night trying to get it done. I'm not totally sure if I like it but I'm warming up to it. I'm off now to get the layers pin basted so it's ready to quilt (by machine) tomorrow.

:worship: :worship: :worship: I simply :love: it!! Would you mind horribly if I CASE it, just for my baby?

Okay guys. I just found out some exciting news. I am going to try and not share it with my DH until Disney ... but I am going to being sewing for another baby in April!!! We were pregnant in March but I miscarried. We were planning on trying again in Oct after the Disney trip - but I guess things happen when you aren't expecting it! I am wanting to tell my DH in Disney, does anyone have any good ideas??
I actually CASED it from Kimmylaj and she had already said it was ok so I guess go ahead and CASE away.

th_IMG_0651.jpg
That is too cute. I think that an 11 year old girl would love to have that.
So cute! My daughter loves Ariel but I have not found this fabric yet to case it!
I got the fabric at Wal-Mart.

Here's what I finally got finished up today. I've been working on them on and off for more than a month! These are more of my "use the stash" projects. :goodvibes I think they came out really cute... if I say so myself. :lmao:

th_alice_peek1.jpg

th_belle_peek1.jpg

th_minnie_peek1.jpg

th_tink_peek1.jpg

I also got the top done for the quilt I'm making as a gift for my niece and her DH (well, actually for the baby but he's not born yet). I was up way too late last night trying to get it done. I'm not totally sure if I like it but I'm warming up to it. I'm off now to get the layers pin basted so it's ready to quilt (by machine) tomorrow.
Those are so pretty. I was thinking about doing an applique shirt like that for Jenna, but didn't know if you would mind being CASED or not.

I'm looking for Princess cameos. Like Jasmine, Cindy, Ariel. I need them for the girls dresses for the trip but I can't find anything anywhere. Has anyone ever seen anything even similar?

:cool1: I am done with the outfit now I have to decorate some flip flops, I have red tulle, Yellow 1 in. grosgain and black satin ribbon. Now I need some inspiration :lmao:
Here are a few pics of the back to school outfit.
the back
backtoschool004-1.jpg

front
backtoschool003-1.jpg

Top up close
backtoschool002-1.jpg

Skirt, I am so proud of this skirt and how it turned out.
backtoschool001-1.jpg

Katilyn asked to be swirled in this picture. :confused3
Backtoschool008.jpg

Maddy in her umm, dress thats not done yet( ignore the dirty face it was before bath time)
Backtoschool010.jpg

Twirling!!!!!
Backtoschool005.jpg

I will try and get some good pics tomorrow before school.

th_IMG_0651.jpg

That is super cute! Definitely cool enough for an 11 year old!

th_alice_peek1.jpg

th_belle_peek1.jpg

th_minnie_peek1.jpg

th_tink_peek1.jpg

gorgeous as usual!! Alice is my favorite too! I just love that fabric!

:cool1: I am done with the outfit now I have to decorate some flip flops, I have red tulle, Yellow 1 in. grosgain and black satin ribbon. Now I need some inspiration :lmao:
the back
th_backtoschool004-1.jpg

front
th_backtoschool003-1.jpg

Top up close
th_backtoschool002-1.jpg

Skirt, I am so proud of this skirt and how it turned out.
th_backtoschool001-1.jpg

Katilyn asked to be swirled in this picture. :confused3
th_Backtoschool008.jpg

Maddy in her umm, dress thats not done yet( ignore the dirty face it was before bath time)
th_Backtoschool010.jpg

Twirling!!!!!
th_Backtoschool005.jpg

Great job! So cute! And I'm :rotfl: at wanting to be swirled. too funny!

I love the Alice! They are all cute, but the fabric in the Alice pants is great!

gorgeous as usual!! Alice is my favorite too! I just love that fabric!

Thanks! I love that fabric too but was concerned about using so much black for a small girl's set. I've used that print along with a white background version for a Snow White set and loved how it looked. In fact, I used both again on a Snow White dress along with some yellow, red and blue prints. :goodvibes I've been wanting to do an Alice set but just hadn't found the time so as I was looking through my tees to use, I decided she'd be one to do - finally.

FYI - If you'd like to check out this print for yourself, the line is from Free Spirit and it's called Jane's Paradise Garden. The designer, Jane Sassaman, has done several lines with similar prints. I love this print from the Butterfly Garden line and think it would be perfect for an Alice set, too.

janes_butterfly.jpg

I'm looking for Princess cameos. Like Jasmine, Cindy, Ariel. I need them for the girls dresses for the trip but I can't find anything anywhere. Has anyone ever seen anything even similar?
Check at the Dollar Store or Big Lots for princess crowns. I needed the crown for my niece's costume and I had to remove an oval princess piece that had Ariel on it. It reminded me of a cameo.There were crowns for most of the Disney princesses.

Ok. The batteries are finally charged enough, so here is the pic of Jenna in her new Ariel outfit. She has not taken it off since the pic was taken. I had to change a couple of things when I made it. I just appliqued a square with Ariel, I added ties to the side because the side was showing too much of Jenna. I told her that since the pants were so long she could wear a long sleeve shirt under it during the cooler months.

th_S2010003-1.jpg

It came out great! I love the wole outfit!

Here is what I did with the applique I posted the other day.

th_IMG_1283.jpg
th_IMG_1286.jpg

I love the baby stuff. If we have another I will have to make my own bibs!

You just keep on sewing! WOW! I wish I had the time to sew like that!

Wow you ladies are So incredibly talented! I love, love, love all of the outfits!!!!

Am I allowed to post these?
I make these bows for my daughters when we go to WDW and also for my clients, with their own custom color choices.
I make them on a pony elastic, nylon headband (great for babies) or on a clip.

th_princessbows-2.jpg
th_mickeynfriends.jpg

th_tink.jpg

th_mickeyheads.jpg

My dd has one like that with the bottlecaps. We won it at a sale. I am hopefully going to make a few before Disney...it keeps getting closer!

pixiedust: Congratulations! I had the same thing happen to me. I miscarried in December 2002 and was pregnant weeks later. Was very surprising.

Anyway, here is the pooh dress I made. Someone asked about the pattern so she could make a Belle dress. Sorry, I don't remember who. Geez, it's just like the families in my neighborhood - I remember all the kids names, but not the parent's names. I remember what pattern she wanted, what dress she wanted to make, but not who wanted it!!

th_IMG_1251.jpg

It's a NEW LOOK pattern, I think that's Walmart, right? #6693 - an "easy" "kids!" pattern.

So four new dresses for my daughter this week. It's like I exploded! She got to wear a new dress every day this week. Now, on to the bowling shirt for my son, and a quilt for my son. I made a quilt for my daughter before she was born. My son just turned two ... Guess I better get crackin'!

We made a dress with that pattern and I laughed when you said "easy"! That was one mom did most of! It does come out really pretty through!

th_IMG_0651.jpg

I think an 11 year old will love it! I love it. I want those shorts!

Here is how you know you have lost it! The red and white one, the mickey in the middle is cut out of my old Disney Visa

th_IMG_1293.jpg
th_IMG_1294.jpg

Love the bows. They are all so cute..

Here's what I finally got finished up today. I've been working on them on and off for more than a month! These are more of my "use the stash" projects. :goodvibes I think they came out really cute... if I say so myself.

th_alice_peek1.jpg
th_belle_peek1.jpg
th_minnie_peek1.jpg
th_tink_peek1.jpg

Love them all! Those shirts are so cute. You do such great work. I finally got my teflon pressing sheet to try an applique. When I can find the time!

I am done with the outfit now I have to decorate some flip flops, I have red tulle, Yellow 1 in. grosgain and black satin ribbon. Now I need some inspiration :lmao:

th_backtoschool002-1.jpg
th_backtoschool001-1.jpg
th_Backtoschool008.jpg

th_Backtoschool010.jpg
th_Backtoschool005.jpg

They came out so sweet. Tell your little one good luck on her first day! Can't believe how early they start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter