• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Thanks for all the tips! I'll give the quilt cotton a try. Yes I've seen Scientific Seamstresses' blog, which was very helpful! I'm sure I'll have more questions, but this gets me started. Thanks again!

My little Girl desperately wants to be Elsa for her BBB in September. I've been stressing so much, we alsoncan not get costumes here in the UK.

So I took to making outfits 2 weeks ago, then my MIL bought her one!!
I'm still going to keep making tutus and selling them with minimal profit with the rest of the money to be donated to Make a Wish Foundation.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, this only started as a back up for BBB.
DD5 has given me a list of characters that she wants now!

www.thetutufairyuk.yolasite.com

I am so glad that I found this thread! I am very new to sewing, but decided to try making some clothes for the kids. Right now I'm focusing on items for our upcoming trip. (This is also my first time using photobucket, so fingers crossed this works)

This is the first shirt I made for my daughter:

A matching hair clip:

The second shirt:

They're not perfect, but I had a lot of fun making them, and I'm hoping she'll have a lot of fun wearing them. :)

My little Girl desperately wants to be Elsa for her BBB in September. I've been stressing so much, we alsoncan not get costumes here in the UK.

So I took to making outfits 2 weeks ago, then my MIL bought her one!!
I'm still going to keep making tutus and selling them with minimal profit with the rest of the money to be donated to Make a Wish Foundation.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, this only started as a back up for BBB.
DD5 has given me a list of characters that she wants now!

You know there is not advertising/selling allowed on the Dis right? You might want to remove the link.

I am so glad that I found this thread! I am very new to sewing, but decided to try making some clothes for the kids. Right now I'm focusing on items for our upcoming trip. (This is also my first time using photobucket, so fingers crossed this works)

A matching hair clip:

The second shirt:

They're not perfect, but I had a lot of fun making them, and I'm hoping she'll have a lot of fun wearing them. :)

Those are darling!! Looks like you have been doing it a long time! Great job!

A matching hair clip:

The second shirt:

Very impressive! Doesn't look like your first for sure, they are adorable. By chance do you know where I might find instructions for a hair clip like that?

last time I bought a lot on ebay ( many years ago) we did custom for almost all days and special dinners. This time its a budget trip. is ther anywhere besides etsy to buy stuff. I did not see much on ebay.

I have a Brother CS-6000i ordered. I think I want to start with a circle skirt. Can someone point me in the direction of the best pattern or tutorial to use as a beginner?

I'm so excited! Friday I get to pick up my Janome 350E and it will be my first. So can you tell me who you use for Disney characters, castles, writing etc. Thanks, can't wait to get started!

I know this isn't a selling forum but I'm new and was curious. I love all the little custom outfits but I am not a sewer, well thats a lie, Im not very good at it. some of the disney inspired/themed outfits are so cute that I would like to make one or have one made in my size. I'm petite. But not as small as a childs 6. would anyone be able to point me in a direction of peasant dress patterns or the ruffle dresses? Im just not even sure where to begin.

Hi, ladies! It has been a long time since I have perused and dreamed of all the lovely items you make!!!

I had a quick couple questions I was hoping to get direction from (please pm me with I for!!)

Any of you know anyone who does custom camera straps for the small digital cameras that is like a lanyard and uses the smells Disney embroidery on it! I have searched for days and found one seller, who only makes the straps for the DSLR. :(

Also, any of you know someone who makes awesome autograph pillowcases? I need 2 with names/dates and 2-3 characters embroidered.

I have searched long and hard with no luck!!! :( would love some suggestions of where to look!

I'm looking for a Circus theme dress ideas I can sew but lack creativity. I have Heather Sue's circus set, and several functional thread dress patterns (lots of others too). So if anyone has some dresses they have done and don't mind sharing that would be great this grandma asked to make the birthday theme dress would appreciate it.

It has been a while since I have been in here and posted! But I am quite confused.... :scratchin where did everyone go? It looks like nobody has posted in a couple weeks and this board is usually hopping :confused3

I suppose I will have to keep coming back to check!:surfweb:

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a girls size 12 twirl halter dress? The bodice has to be big enough to put a large applique. I either find one in the right size but not right size bodice, or right size bodice but size doesn't go up to a 12. Please help.
Thanks Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter