Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I posted here some time last spring wondering about learning to sew and embroider. It was recommended that I jump into the a Scientific Seamstress Jamie sew along and you all got me hooked on sewing! Thank you! Now I want an embroidery machine. I'm considering a new Brother PE770 or 780 or a used Bernina Artista 150. They are a very similar price. What would your recommendation be? Also where can I find great Disney/Pixar embroidery files or Disney-like files? I saw a few when I checked the bookmarks, but I'm guessing I'm missing files somewhere. If there aren't files, can you all link me please? Thank you!!!

Welcome to the addiction! Because if you thought sewing was an addiction...just wait until you start embroidering!

I am biased, I have 2 770's. IF I were to need a third one it would be another 770. The only thing I would trade them for would be a good multi needle machine. (In a heartbeat!)

If you are looking for Disney files, the best place I go to is Frou Frou by Heather Sue. I started off with her as my first designs, and have never had a bad design from her. There are a couple others that I would recommend...Kira and Jessica...come to mind right off the bat, but I cannot remember their shop names at the moment.

Once you get an embroidery machine you will never be the same!

Nini

Nini, if you remember the names of the other 2 stores please let me know! FrouFrou is AMAZING! Does anyone know if she takes requests?

Can someone give me an idea of the difficulty of a Grace Ruffle Dress? I'm looking into making some outfits for DD for her first Disney trip (and to wear after because why not?!) I've been sewing for almost 20 years but have never been one for patterns, hoping this would be a good one to start with. I am also thinking I'll make a quick t-shirt type dress for the trip.

I have a Brother sewing and also a Brother professional embroidery machine, any idea where to find some good applique downloads of minnie? I can find some thread outlines but not ones that have the fabric center.

Thanks!

Nini, if you remember the names of the other 2 stores please let me know! FrouFrou is AMAZING! Does anyone know if she takes requests?

Bows and clothes and sweet pea's place were previously recommended on this board. I have used both as well as heathersue. All are great. For bows and clothes and sweet peas you will have to email and request a log in to get access to the character files. Hope this helps!

Gennie

MissKenzieMac
CutebyKira

Both have wonderful princess designs and many others, too.

HeatherSue posted recently on her FB page that she is not taking requests at this time.

Regards,
C.

Thank you all so much! You have pointed me to some amazing designs! I just saw some Mickey heads and other cute designs on Just Peachy Appliqué and they are having a great sale right now. Has anyone used them? Are they good quality designs? Thanks so much!

Thank you all so much! You have pointed me to some amazing designs! I just saw some Mickey heads and other cute designs on Just Peachy Appliqué and they are having a great sale right now. Has anyone used them? Are they good quality designs? Thanks so much!

Oh, yes, forgot about Just Peachy. I've liked the designs from her. She spoils you with her sales. No other Dis designers do so many or such high percentage sales. :)

Regards,
C.

Saw this material for sale on facebook and thought that would make a nice skirt for Madam on our upcoming trip to Animal Kingdom.

This is my first successful clothing sew I am pretty proud of my self.

Ariana likes it and threw a strop when I asked her to take it off at dinner time so she didn't spill spaghetti and sauce all over it.

Kirsten

Saw this material for sale on facebook and thought that would make a nice skirt for Madam on our upcoming trip to Animal Kingdom. This is my first successful clothing sew I am pretty proud of my self. Ariana likes it and threw a strop when I asked her to take it off at dinner time so she didn't spill spaghetti and sauce all over it. http://s294.photobucket.com/user/Zeebs007/media/1948047_10152372235241004_946434854_n.jpg.html http://s294.photobucket.com/user/Zeebs007/media/523601_10152372243931004_1420038956_n.jpg.html Kirsten

The skirt is very cute and your little one looks adorable wearing it.

I love that fabric for an Animal Kingdom skirt! Adorable little girl with an adorable skirt :)

Zeebs, that is so cute!!! Great job!

Are there any Disney sewing and embroidery groups on Facebook? I need more Disney!!! :) thanks everyone!

Thanks guys, for all the lovely comments, I have been pretty meh about this trip due to a number of reasons but I am getting more and more excited each day. Today I put this Mickey head on a wee t-shirt and then sewed around it, took me agesssssss......

Kirsten

Okay trying this again! I've been busy with necklaces and I was hoping to share some Disney ones we've done recently.

_PWP1757 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

_PWP1831 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1005395_599569210113187_758821013_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1016539_10153677737665034_1348135124_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1472820_468806473227710_986571182_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1505322_10152218248283293_660667979_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1511313_10153678122060034_1424508325_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1530560_476833469091677_991774248_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1621786_492952620813095_1442126280_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr

1891276_10153790559075034_878110570_n by disboardsflick, on Flickr
I made the shirts for this one too!

DSC_0274 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DSC_0276 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr
These were done for a Big Give

DSC_0277 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr
I did the shirts on this one

DSC_0294 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr
A Birthday Party Package

DSC_0298 copy (2) by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DSC_0313 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DSC_0313 copy by disboardsflick, on Flickr

On a roll, These pics are only 7 months late lol
We were at Disney August 19 - 29th, 2013. So many disboutique ladies were so helpful when my mom and I were making these, Special thanks to Andrea, Nini, Flora, Jennifer and more! for answering tons and tons of questions and to everyone for offering advice and opinions.

This is a mishmash of pics of us at Disney for our trip

We're going to Disney!

DisneyDay1 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

I made the shirt, the pettiskirt was bought

DisneyDay1_32 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

At The Pirates & Pals Cruise

DisneyDay1_43b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

V was chosen to carry the Pirate Flag

DisneyDay1_48 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

At Ohana

DisneyDay2_03 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Meeting Lilo for the first time (not that V had a clue who she was- she won't watch movies)

DisneyDay2_13 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Ready to head to DTD (I didn't make this outfit)

DisneyDay2_24 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Waiting in line at Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue that night

DisneyDay2_39 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

What a horrible pic lol

DisneyDay2_41b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay2_45 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

This dress had lots of twirl I think it was scientific seamstress patchwork? but I think we added another layer? or maybe not, I don't remember.

DisneyDay2_67 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Waiting for the boat

DisneyDay2_68 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

More pics
Day 3 and we finally got to see the castle

DisneyDay3 (2) by disboardsflick, on Flickr

V had an appt at The BBB that morning. When we got there, she had picked the Tiana dress prior and someone had surprised her the day before with a new doll :confused3 The doll had a Tiana dress on. We did not make the doll dress it was ordered off etsy. When we got there the FGIT decided the doll "Emily" needed to be BBB'd too!

DisneyDay3_14 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay3_20b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay3_42b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay3_58 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay3_72 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay3_74b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

The Tiana dress didn't last long. I am officially NEVER buying a park dress again. She loved her Pink Cinderella dress. Super comfy. We Princessified The Simply Sweet from Scientific Seamstress/Carla C

DisneyDay3_78 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

loved her bow (didn't make that either!)

DisneyDay3_88 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Quite potentioally my favorite pic from the entire trip

DisneyDay3_90 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Oye looks like the dress had been through the ringer at this point. Only thing I was unhappy with was the amount of white at the bottom. We rehemmed it and took it up a bit later.

DisneyDay3_116 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Dinner with the Princess herself

DisneyDay3_124b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Ready for night time festivities at the Dessert party! This dress had so many flaws and really needed to be taken apart and redone, but no time. Shhhh don't see the crooked bodice lol. Loree (I don't know her Dis name - Tink something) Designed the amazing applique for me! We used the Grace Ruffle Dress and her headband was a custom Princess Pie!

DisneyDay3_195b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

It did not turn out at all like I'd planned.

DisneyDay3_207 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Breakfast at Tusker House! My mom made the skirt and I made the shirt. The shirt never even made it home. I tossed it. I bumped the machine when it was going and the design ended up being off set. If you really look you can tell.

DisneyDay4 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Dancing with Donald, This was her park outfit for the day (yes way too many outfits.) The pettiskirt was bought and I made the shirt and the necklace.

DisneyDay4_57b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

I haven't been on here for ages, but had to jump in to say how lovely the necklaces are and how much fun to see V in all her little outfits for Disney, even if it was a while ago! Just the cutest!!! Your trips always look so fun!

And I haven't "met" you, Kirsten, but your AK outfits are beautiful and your little ones are cute as can be. I do hope you get more excited about your upcoming trip since it's such a long way for you to come. The weather should be lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter