Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

We just got back form our trip, of course now we are all battling illness. My husband got the stomach bug the last day we were there, so we had to cancel pirates and pals and then breakfast at Tusker House, and I got it the day after we got back. Thankfully it seems to be a 24 hour thing. Now I have one kid with a horrible cough and another with a fever and general crankiness. Wanted to share our in-action shots. :)

What a wonderful gorgeous vacation! You did a fabulous job on everything.

Does anyone know of a free nightgown pattern (sleeved, sized 10 or bigger)? Need to make warm nighties for my nieces for a Christmas gift.

I've spent some time searching online but can't find anything without elastic which my nieces hate. I now remember why last year I made them Peasant Nightgowns as the pattern I thought I had was cut down to a small (size7). I might be able to make it larger for the youngest niece but I don't think I can up it to a 12-14 size.

I don't have any new sewing to post, but I never got around to sharing this pic at Halloween and I thought you'd all in enjoy it.

@goteamwood: Beautiful pictures of everything and everyone. Sorry you got sick - we had a little sinus issue when we got back home, but that might have just been the change in allergens.
Hopefully your decision to liquidate and sell that machine will be for the best. With all the bad memories that the machine probably has attached to it, selling may be a blessing. Again, my belief is that all things happen for a reason - even if we don't know it at the time.

Flora: lovely work as always.

Erin: I second Flickr. I haven't had any issues and they've actually improved a bit with their latest upgrade.

I finally finished a project!! And when I am not at work, where I should actually be working, I'll post a picture. It's not Disney related but I did have a great urge to put a hidden Mickey on it somewhere.

We just got back form our trip, of course now we are all battling illness. My husband got the stomach bug the last day we were there, so we had to cancel pirates and pals and then breakfast at Tusker House, and I got it the day after we got back. Thankfully it seems to be a 24 hour thing. Now I have one kid with a horrible cough and another with a fever and general crankiness. Wanted to share our in-action shots. :)

Arrival Day, met Mickey and had dinner at 'Ohana (Mom and Dad shirts were re-used from last year.)

Day 2, Breakfast at the Castle and my little guy got his wish, to dance with Cinderella.

This is the only photo I got of my outfit that day, for some reason, we never got all 4 of us in the Halloween outfits once the boys changed.

And the boys Halloween outfits. They loved that they glowed in the dark on rides.

Our Toy Story day at Hollywood Studios. I got a ton of comments on my Serendipi-D bag, of course. :) (Except for one CM in MK who stopped me to tell me he didn't get it.) My husband's shirt was done by Flora (purple ears) since my machine was broken. It says "I am your father" under Zurg.

Later that evening we went to MNSSHP which was the start of the bad parts of our trip. About 5 minutes after this photo was taken (which btw we were the last family to see Mickey) the kid on the right threw up in the stroller. So by the time we left the MK we were the VERY LAST family out. They had to have a special bus come for us. It was horrible.

But! The highlight day of our trip was definitely Animal Kingdom and these Wilderness Explorer outfits. My husband stayed up until almost 4 a.m. doing laundry from the night before so they could wear them, and it was awesome. The first thing we did was visit Dug and Russell. It was hard to tell who was more excited, Dug and Russell or the boys. They did the Wilderness Explorer activities, which the kids loved and every single CM we encountered was over the moon about the outfits. They even had characters in the parade coming over to them and making the Wilderness Explorer hand gestures. I felt bad for the lithe girl standing next to them at the parade rope since she wasn't getting any of the attention they were. It was adorable.

For Epcot we had these shirts I did on my big machine which, after 6 months is finally fixed (I had to drive 5 hours round-trip to a service place in Wisconsin) but it worked. Now that I have pretty much decided to shut down my business and liquidate, so I will be selling the machine in all likelihood. :(

For dinner at Garden Grill the boys had Chip and Dale shirts. They LOVE Chip and Dale, and they had such great character interactions.

For their birthday we did 'Ohana breakfast, which was delicious as always, but we had the most underwhelming server ever. She wasn't rude or anything, just blah. And did nothing at all to make their birthday special. :(

and their special Birthday dinner, which was a huge hit. (and made up for the underwhelming breakfast) They were ecstatic about meeting the Beast.

(and yes, one kid ripped a button off before the end of dinner, they were only in these shirts about 2 hours.)
Our last full day we went to HS in the morning and the boys did the Jedi Training Academy, which they got the show that was just about the very last one we could do and rush over to MK for their pirates league appt.

I think they were nervous, they were holding hands.

They both defeated Darth Vader, which they tell anyone who will listen now. The littler one was too small for the robes so they had to knot them so he didn't trip.

Maybe on the photo pass I have a picture of me in my Star Wars shirt I made. I don't have a single one in my pictures. And my husband's Star wars bowling shirt ended up way too short. I felt bad since it was like a crop top but he wore it all day like a champ. :(

And Pirates league

We were supposed to go to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise that evening, but by the time Pirates League was done my husband was starting to feel nauseated, so we went to Guest Relations and canceled. Not only did they go above and beyond and cancel least minute, they gave my kids each a Jake and the Neverland Pirates telescope toy because they felt bad. Later that night when I went to the front desk at Kidani to cancel breakfast at Tusker house the next morning, the CM felt so bad about 20 minutes later she knocked on the door of our room with a bag of coloring books, crayons and coffee mugs.

All in all, more good than bad, but definitely some rough moments in there. Lots of Pixie dust though. I will be updating our photos and reports on my website, if anyone is interested (this, believe it or not is a very scaled down run through... I took almost 2000 photos and have anther 350 or so on photo pass.) goteamwood.com so far I have the first 2 days up there, lots more to do!
Wow!!! Your boys are just gorgeous! I can't believe how many outfits you made and all such different styles etc! Your boys are very lucky!!

Does anyone know of a free nightgown pattern (sleeved, sized 10 or bigger)? Need to make warm nighties for my nieces for a Christmas gift.

I've spent some time searching online but can't find anything without elastic which my nieces hate. I now remember why last year I made them Peasant Nightgowns as the pattern I thought I had was cut down to a small (size7). I might be able to make it larger for the youngest niece but I don't think I can up it to a 12-14 size.

What about a peasant blouse style but leave the elastic out of the sleeves and if they can't tolerate the loose elastic at the neck then you could do a ribbon instead.

What about a peasant blouse style but leave the elastic out of the sleeves and if they can't tolerate the loose elastic at the neck then you could do a ribbon instead.

Thanks for that idea. I managed to upsize the Nightshirt pattern to a 8-10 size for the younger niece. When I talked to my sister she said the one I made the older niece 2 years ago still fits but it's a bit short. So I might just do the 8-10 and add a bit more for length and not worry too much about adding more to the shoulders, sides and sleeves.

I'm glad I was able to upsize it for the younger niece as I have Minnie mouse fabric and I wanted to use the Mickey Mouse buttons on the nightshirt to go with the fabric.

I have started but haven't gotten very far on the Minnie fabric nightshirt. The oldest niece is getting Cinderella fabric.

So here's dds princess themed dress. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, the buttons could definitely be spaced better and not that pleased with the stitching on the waistline, I thought contrasting stitching would look cool but just looks messy but hey this is a very steep learning curve for me!!! This is my second attempt at sewing so don't be too harsh with me!!! Plus dd is only 2.5 so doubtbshe will be that critical!!! :love:
Just cutting out the pattern pieces for my matching dress!!!! Photos soon...... (I hope)

This is adorable. I like the style. Great job!

All in all, more good than bad, but definitely some rough moments in there. Lots of Pixie dust though. I will be updating our photos and reports on my website, if anyone is interested (this, believe it or not is a very scaled down run through... I took almost 2000 photos and have anther 350 or so on photo pass.) goteamwood.com so far I have the first 2 days up there, lots more to do!

Great pictures! Sorry about the sickness. Everything turned out wonderful.

Erin - too bad our schedules didn't work out in terms of an impromtu Dismeet. It has been a busy but fun week.

We have been visiting my family and friends in Ontario this week. My friend's mom gave her a very nice vintage Bernina machine but she doesn't know how to use it. I did some sewing for them on that machine (shortened the curtains) and it was a lovely machine. We even went to the fabric store to buy materials for outfits for my friends' children. Thank goodness for e-patterns! Here are the outcomes:

A Rapunzel inspired Simply Sweet

A pair of robot Easy Fit pants

I have to say, after I used that machine, I am more interested in getting a vintage machine and restoring it to use! :)
Lovely dress!

This is my newest project. I'm making 8 matching shirts for the girl cousins (my cousin's daughters and my DD) to wear at Thanksgiving.

Here is one for the toddlers (and actually, I re-did/spaced the buttons after I took this picture):

I have enough fabric that I'm going to make some of the boy cousins necktie applique shirts--3 so far! Might be another 4 to do. That's a lot of kiddos at Thanksgiving!

Anyone have a good link to a necktie and/or bowtie applique?

So here's my finished dress with DDS that I had already posted. This was a really tough project and I think I bit off more than I could chew as a newbie! Interfacing, fitted bodice etc! I didn't help myself however by measuring myself and then deciding I really !UST be bigger than that so making a medium, then after making the fitted bodice realising it was massive!! There's some very strange seems and a lot of as hoc stitching gone on! Should have started again really but hey ho, live and you learn etc.

I was going to repeat these patterns for our minnie mouse outfits but I kind of want something diffetent, having a few days off so will do some pattern searching!

emmamc252 said:
So here's my finished dress with DDS that I had already posted. This was a really tough project and I think I bit off more than I could chew as a newbie! Interfacing, fitted bodice etc! I didn't help myself however by measuring myself and then deciding I really !UST be bigger than that so making a medium, then after making the fitted bodice realising it was massive!! There's some very strange seems and a lot of as hoc stitching gone on! Should have started again really but hey ho, live and you learn etc.

I was going to repeat these patterns for our minnie mouse outfits but I kind of want something diffetent, having a few days off so will do some pattern searching! http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/e...oads/IMG_20131112_214916_zps0dc1bf59.jpg.htmlhttp://s1274.photobucket.com/user/e...oads/IMG_20131112_214900_zps769fb40a.jpg.html

Good job! You should look into Scientific Seamstress/Sis Boom patterns. They have several mother/daughter patterns. And they are very easy to follow.

Edited to add link: http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2013/06/who-likes-to-coordinate.html?m=1

This is my newest project. I'm making 8 matching shirts for the girl cousins (my cousin's daughters and my DD) to wear at Thanksgiving.

Here is one for the toddlers (and actually, I re-did/spaced the buttons after I took this picture):

I have enough fabric that I'm going to make some of the boy cousins necktie applique shirts--3 so far! Might be another 4 to do. That's a lot of kiddos at Thanksgiving!

Very pretty.

I was going to repeat these patterns for our minnie mouse outfits but I kind of want something diffetent, having a few days off so will do some pattern searching!

Those are very pretty.

Question for those that use EMBRID are there any you tube videos or tutorials at you would recommend to learn the program?
Tia

I haven't been by in a while... So - yet again - I am behind.

Jennifer... I just wanted to say that I enjoyed following every moment of your trip on FB, your boys are just adorable - and everything you made was fantastic! I am glad you enjoyed carrying one of my bags - bummer that the CM didn't get it... LOL Oh well. The WE outfits were my favorite - such a unique idea. Very sorry about you having to liquidate your business, that had to have been a very tough decision for you to make. Also, very sad that you all got sick on your last day - I am glad that Disney was able to waive fees for you and send some pixie dust for the boys. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. So, do you have plans to go back?

Flora.... Hmmmm... Interesting that you want to get a vintage machine... They are lovely to sew with and are great workhorses! I loved the items you made with it.

Sorry - I don't have time to do individual responses this morning - I am running late. Everything else posted is wonderful!!! I hope to take the time over the weekend to catch up here. :)

D~

I don't have any new sewing to post, but I never got around to sharing this pic at Halloween and I thought you'd all in enjoy it.

Very cute! I am sure you got lots of comments on your "jack-o-lanterns"

Great job on the top! I don't have any idea for the applique, but may be someone else has a suggestion?

Too bad that the bodice is too big as it looks really nice. I hope your next attempt will work out much better!

Question for those that use EMBRID are there any you tube videos or tutorials at you would recommend to learn the program?
Tia

I haven't used the software but hopefully someone here can help you out.

I haven't been by in a while... So - yet again - I am behind.

Flora.... Hmmmm... Interesting that you want to get a vintage machine... They are lovely to sew with and are great workhorses! I loved the items you made with it.

D~

Thanks D~. I have to say that machine was lovely to work with. It purrs along very happily. I resurrected my first Brother machine not that long ago (and she is now called Phoenix), so I really don't need another machine. I will just keep an eye out on kijiji and hope to come across a deal!

By the way, it is looking more and more likely that we will be doing an end of August trip next year. We may be able to meet up again!

Jennifer - I read your blog the other night and got to follow along for your entire trip. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had a magical time. I loved seeing everyone in their coordinating outfits. You really did an amazing job getting everything made. You really gave your boys a wonderful trip. Bummer that your DH got sick on the last night. :upsidedow Yeah for Disney allowing you to cancel your cruise and for the pixie dust. The boys looked adorable all made up as pirates pirate: but those Beast shirts and the UP outfits were over the top awesome.

Flora - the dress and shorts you made were very cute. How nice of you to do some sewing while visiting your friends.

Squirrel - I see you got some advice on the nightgown - can't wait to see how they come out.

These look great!

Those shirts are very pretty. Try Planet Applique for a tie, she has lots of different designs and they always stitch out nice. This link might work: http://www.planetapplique.com/index.php?searchStr=tie&act=viewCat&Submit=

Wow, that pattern does seem pretty complicated. Glad you got it finished and it looks very nice. :)

Tia
I use this program but barely touch on the full functionality of it. I have never looked for any videos on how to use it but there is a facebook group for users of the program.

Jennifer... Very sorry about you having to liquidate your business, that had to have been a very tough decision for you to make.
D~
Hey Jennifer - I missed this - did you close up your shop? And why did I just (after reading about your trip on your blog) figure out the name of your business? And I love that everyone in your family's name starts with "J" :thumbsup2

You guys are amazing and such wonder full inspiration! I am trying to find all the parts to my singer from our most recent move. My dd7 wants customs for her bday trip in June. We have one down and a bunch to go. I have to give my mom credit for this one though. This was her halloween costume this year. She was a western saloon girl and will wear it when we go to hoop Dee do! Hopoe you enjoy!

91958702-0AEF-4055-9C7F-8BC41D57CC7A-2933-000000557CE57D44_zps5b0a62f7.jpg

9604277F-1158-406E-84BD-8A03E9B90ED7-2933-000000555A71840B_zps7f933efe.jpg

InstagramPhotos-9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter