Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Hello all, just got back from Disneyland and had a terrific time. It was a little busy there last week, but we had a terrific time and even did my first Mickey Halloween Party, which was a blast!

Caralyn817-I missed getting to see your hairbows while they were posted and I am sad that I missed it :sad1: I would love to see them, I am sorry a misunderstanding is keeping you from posting. BTW, I tried making bows once, and it was not easy at all, I have a lot of admiration for those of you that can make them.

Purple Ears- I love the quilt you made. What a super special gift...sending prayers to the one going through chemo...

After reading the Dis boards and finding out how much candy you got when you went to the MHP, I decided to make a backpack to carry it all in. I ordered a pattern from Posh Patterns, but unfortunately I wasn't paying attention and it wasn't an instant download. Luckly it shipped really fast, and I got it two days before we left for disney. So, the night before, I threw this bag together, I think it turned out really cute, and it held all the candy perfectly!

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a great time! The backpack turned out nicely. It's impressive that you got it done the night before you leave!

I second what you said regarding bows from Caralyn. I can't do bows to save my life and I admire people who can.

Thanks for the prayers for my aunt.

Flora... The quilt is gorgeous... It's so heartfelt and just beautiful - I admire your ability to make a quilt.

D~

Thanks D. On some levels it is easier to do a quilt - only straight lines needed!

do i have a bust.......not really!:sad: I'm a 32C in bra size.
the dress pattern I was hoping to use goes upto age 10, its the "ginger" top/dress pattern on the "youcanmakethis" site.
I'm a uk 8/10 which I think is a us 4/6. I'm not straight up and down, my hips have gone a lot bigger since having the 2 kids. I'm 5ft 8 so would definately need to lengthen the skirt and the bodice but this design is elasticated at the back rather than button or zips so its not like I would have to have it super perfect fitting, its also one where you tie it like a halter neck so again I don't need perfect straps and the skirt is just a full skirt so thats not fitted siether. just need the proportions of the bodice etc.
does that make sense???

I would say it would be difficult to upsize a child's pattern to an adult pattern. The curves on a woman just makes it a lot more challenging. It is probably easier to find a woman's pattern in a similar style.

What a lovely thing to do for your aunt. How special that so many family members contributed.

Love this quilt :) very very special.

Thanks everyone on the kind comments on the quilt. I hope she will feel our well wishes as she continues her treatment.

Hi guys,

I haven't been on here for ages, so I apologise for being absent for so long. We have our next trip to WDW booked for next November and already the wheels are set in motion for all the wonderful dresses i want to make my DD.

So one of the main dresses I want to make her is a Duffy Bear dress, since we are both fans. Trouble is, I haven't been able to find a Duffy applique design anywhere as I only have a 4x4 hoop on my embroidery machine. All the designs I've found are for 5x7 and up and I really want his whole body, not just his head.

So my question/beg/plee really is, are there any lovely people on here who would be willing to do me a Duffy bear iron on patch and post it to the UK for me? Of course I will pay whatever it costs. I have seen one I like on Etsy (the pic of him standing up waving). If anyone could do this I will love you forever!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/102..._search_type=all&ga_facet=duffy+bear+applique

We are not allowed to sell here. Your best bet is to look at people's signature for their etsy shop.

These are a couple of outfits for a litttle friend of mine.

Beautiful outfits! I am sure your little friend is very pleased to receive the outfits!

Hi everyone.
So I just finished my first ever attempt at sewing and LOVED it!! I've been a long time lurker to these threads and always said I'd try it but never have!
Anyway I picked up some material from a local fabric shop and chose a pattern! Here's the results as modeled by my little princess!

I'm pretty pleased, I think it's wearable and everything!!
So I'm doing a second practice piece and I've ordered my Disney fabric!! Nowhere in the uk seems to have the designs available in the us so I ended up ordering from eBay USA and having it shipped over!! Believe it or not compared to what we pay over here it wasn't that bad even with shipping!! The wait is going to kill me!!!
Sorry for posting non-Disney pics but I wanted to share! After looking at all of your beautiful creations over the last few years I was inspired by all of you to just go for it and try out sewing!! I think you may have all helped me find something new to love!!!

You did a great job on the dress! Your model is super cute. Don't apologize for non-Disney sewing projects - we like to see all kinds of projects around here (yes, even birthday cakes!). I can't wait to see what else you make. I understand that fabric in the UK is rather expensive. I hope you will get your fabric soon and start creating!

Very cute outfits :)

Would you mind telling me what pattern the dress is?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you. I'm pretty sure the dress is a Simplicity pattern but I will have to check the number when I get home.

Hi everyone.
So I just finished my first ever attempt at sewing and LOVED it!! I've been a long time lurker to these threads and always said I'd try it but never have!
Anyway I picked up some material from a local fabric shop and chose a pattern! Here's the results as modeled by my little princess!

So I'm doing a second practice piece and I've ordered my Disney fabric!! Nowhere in the uk seems to have the designs available in the us so I ended up ordering from eBay USA and having it shipped over!! Believe it or not compared to what we pay over here it wasn't that bad even with shipping!! The wait is going to kill me!!!
Sorry for posting non-Disney pics but I wanted to share! After looking at all of your beautiful creations over the last few years I was inspired by all of you to just go for it and try out sewing!! I think you may have all helped me find something new to love!!!

You did a great job on the dress and your little model is adorable.

Beautiful outfits! I am sure your little friend is very pleased to receive the outfits!

Thank you, I will be giving them to her tonight.

Thank you. I'm pretty sure the dress is a Simplicity pattern but I will have to check the number when I get home.

You did a great job on the dress and your little model is adorable.

Thank you, I will be giving them to her tonight.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/emmamc252/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsfbfb465a.jpg.html

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/emmamc252/media/Mobile Uploads/image_zpse40aa336.jpg.html

Looks fantastic!! Great job!

Hi everyone.

That turned out amazing! You have a great eye for fabric suiting a certain style. Adorable!
:thumbsup2

Hi everyone.

It's wonderful! What pattern did you use? I love the little collar detailing.

Oh my goodness you guys are amazing!! I am about half way through This thread and you've motivated me start sewing again!! It's been at least 9 years, so yesterday I got my sewing machine out and threaded it and thank goodness I had a bobbin already wound because I dont know if I remember how to do that. But I got it out and sewed just lines down an old pillow case :) I can't wait to make something and post it here!! Especially because I have a one year old girl now I can make stuff for her. Is it so lame that my main reason for sewing again is so I can make her Disney outfits for trips :):rotfl2:

It's wonderful! What pattern did you use? I love the little collar detailing.

It's a ginger dress off youcanmakethis site that's suggested at the start of this post. I'm finding tonnes of patterns I'd love for dd but less for myself, i know what shapes flatter me and what don't so I guess I'm being very particular! 3 hours spent tonight trawling through sewing sights and I've come up with 3 maybes!!!
Thanks for all the great feedback!! I'm usually a baker but I'm now on Disney diet mode and needed something to occupy me at night!!!
Ps if anyone an suggest any good strapless patterns for women I'd be very greatful!!

Oh my goodness you guys are amazing!! I am about half way through This thread and you've motivated me start sewing again!! It's been at least 9 years, so yesterday I got my sewing machine out and threaded it and thank goodness I had a bobbin already wound because I dont know if I remember how to do that. But I got it out and sewed just lines down an old pillow case :) I can't wait to make something and post it here!! Especially because I have a one year old girl now I can make stuff for her. Is it so lame that my main reason for sewing again is so I can make her Disney outfits for trips :):rotfl2:

Welcome! I am glad that we motivated you to start sewing again. Just think the ruffles and princess dresses you can make for your DD! I can't wait to see pictures of your projects!

It's a ginger dress off youcanmakethis site that's suggested at the start of this post. I'm finding tonnes of patterns I'd love for dd but less for myself, i know what shapes flatter me and what don't so I guess I'm being very particular! 3 hours spent tonight trawling through sewing sights and I've come up with 3 maybes!!!
Thanks for all the great feedback!! I'm usually a baker but I'm now on Disney diet mode and needed something to occupy me at night!!!
Ps if anyone an suggest any good strapless patterns for women I'd be very greatful!!

I am quite pleased with the Lucy halter dress. It is not quite strapless but it is halter style...

So here's what I have been up to lately... A special quilt for my aunt who is receiving chemo: This project involved 4 time zones, 3 generations, 2 continents, and a lot of love! I had my family members contribute a quote or an idea for each block. I digitized some of the images on the blocks. I hope it will bring comfort to her. Here are some of my favourite blocks: Thanks for letting me share and looking!

The quilt is stunning.

Hi everyone.
So I just finished my first ever attempt at sewing and LOVED it!!

What a great job on your first attempt!

Is it so lame that my main reason for sewing again is so I can make her Disney outfits for trips :):rotfl2:

Not lame. Understandable by all of us here. I'm trying to decide if I want my newly married son and DIL to wait to have a baby (probably best for them) or have one soon so I can make baby stuff. :confused3 Not that I actually get to decide anyway. :)

Looking for some advice guys!!!
has anyone ever re-sized a pattern from a kids to an adults???
I want to have a matching dress to dd for our upcoming holiday and am trying to decide wether I can just upscale the pattern I have for hers or if theres too many differences between adult and kids patterns?
I haven't been doing this long so I don't know how to create my own patterns, and the PRICE of Disney style material makes me very nervous of trying.
I just can't find any similar patterns!

If you decide to try to upsize the pattern or make your own, do it in muslin or an old sheet first. You probably don't need to make the skirt for your practice run - especially if it is pretty full.

I haven't put up any pics for a while. So I thought I'd share some wedding pictures of my son and new daughter.

I didn't get to make the wedding dress :( , but I did get to make the bow ties and sashes and the Jr bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.::yes::
I especially love this picture of the back of the dress.

And I had to throw this one in just for fun.

I forgot to add that you can't really tell in the pictures, but the tulle on the flower girl dress is GLITTERY. Never again! My whole house is still full of glitter.

So here's what I have been up to lately...

A special quilt for my aunt who is receiving chemo:

1392046_663609016991095_351467769_n.jpg

This project involved 4 time zones, 3 generations, 2 continents, and a lot of love! I had my family members contribute a quote or an idea for each block. I digitized some of the images on the blocks. I hope it will bring comfort to her.

Here are some of my favourite blocks:
1385633_663609380324392_1598187959_n.jpg

1382884_663609446991052_2085235846_n.jpg

1238204_663609573657706_66136924_n.jpg

1383759_663609080324422_1296245526_n.jpg

Thanks for letting me share and looking!

PurpleEars- The quilt is beautiful. What a great idea to give it to her to comfort her through chemo. My Mother-in-law a few years ago went through chemo and an organization in our area donated afghans to the patients to have through the process. I think this is so much more personable.

I know you and a few others want to see my bows. I'll post a few later today.

Hi everyone.

That is FANTASTIC! I can't believe that was your first attempt!:worship: You are going to be an incredible seamstress! Keep up the fabulous work!

So many great outfits and bags and a beautiful quilt.
These are a couple of outfits for a litttle friend of mine.

So cute! Your little friend is going to LOVE them!

emmamc252 -

I see in your signature that you are going on the Fantasy in 2013. When are you going? We are going on the Fantasy on November 2 - 9 (only 11 more days!). It would be so cool if you were on the same cruise!

Here they are for those who asked to see them after I took them off. These are a few that I made for my daughter.

Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates

Castle

Sleeping Beauty

Jasmine

Snow White

Belle

Minnie

For MVMCP

Of course a VOLS one (Sorry this one isn't Disney, just had to throw it in.)

Emmamc252.....great job on the dress!!!

smittette said:
I haven't put up any pics for a while. So I thought I'd share some wedding pictures of my son and new daughter.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/s...dc7aca78-6118-43b9-b8d8-e33d5fc1c994.jpg.html
http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/s...3b9b3345-1f81-48c0-99d1-65503cf73ea2.jpg.html

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/s...b6cf5aab-a576-4f5f-b10a-8d98a6c14285.jpg.html

I didn't get to make the wedding dress :( , but I did get to make the bow ties and sashes and the Jr bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.::yes::
I especially love this picture of the back of the dress.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/s...00776c8e-66f5-42a2-9ee0-4be5f4daebbf.jpg.html

And I had to throw this one in just for fun.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/s...34307112-d539-47f1-8222-f540b7031589.jpg.html

I forgot to add that you can't really tell in the pictures, but the tulle on the flower girl dress is GLITTERY. Never again! My whole house is still full of glitter.

Beautiful!!!!!

caralyn817 said:

Love these!!! Glad you reposted because I missed them the first time. I just bought ribbon to make some bows. Can you recommend any tutorials?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter