Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

This should be the last dress (13 dresses, 2 tops and a FE)

Another one for the oldest niece, who happens to have curly red hair. I have photos somewhere on my memory cards from last year's trip that I took of Merida (dolls, clothes) but I have yet to look at them again.

http://s665.photobucket.com/user/rsquirrel/media/IMG_4232.jpg.html
Love this. So simple but so perfect! And curly red hair to go with it will be awesome.

We are back, the trip didn't go as well as planned.... 2 outfits did not get worn, oh well, we had too many, a grumpy girl, a hospital visit, a lost photopass voucher, some wasted days blah blah blah, but lots of comments on her outfits! we were stopped by a Dis member at HS. She told me her Scnreen name and now I forget :( Loads of comments on her fab 5 dress, treats and Mary Poppins! Will post pics eventually.

Is there a pattern for an ironing board cover?
Thanks
Erin
Oh no! I hope you were able to have some fun. We have had vacations that included a hospital visit (not Disney thankfully, but one was complete with middle-of-the-night ambulance ride for my then-18m old... And the other was me breaking my foot in rural Japan so that was a little more adventure than we bargained for.)
I hope you'll get to go back while the dresses fit! I know you worked really hard.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great sewing everyone! It's been ages but I'm finally sewing again. Here is the first outfit finished for Izzy for November trip (will add turtleneck and leggings if it gets cold).

And Izzy herself bouncing with excitement over the first day of school this morning. I misaligned the embroidery but I think it turned out pretty well anyway.

Ironing board cover is dead easy. Take off the old cover. Decide if you want to keep the old padding or not. If not roll out thick quilt batting and place the top of the ironing board down on it. Trace around and cut for new pad. Then either directly onto the back of your fabric or onto your favorite tracing method trace around the ironing board or padding plus two inches on on all sides. Finish edge of new cover with wide double fold bias tape leaving both ends open. Insert 1/4" elastic and put on top of the ironing board and pad. Pull the elastic taught and knot. :thumbsup2

squirrel - love that Merida dress you made. The detail on the straps is a very nice touch. :)

Great sewing everyone! It's been ages but I'm finally sewing again. Here is the first outfit finished for Izzy for November trip (will add turtleneck and leggings if it gets cold).

And Izzy herself bouncing with excitement over the first day of school this morning. I misaligned the embroidery but I think it turned out pretty well anyway.
The Cinderella set is very cute and I adore the ribbon on the shorts. Hope she had a good first day back at school. She looks so cute and I love her skirt set.

Erin - I recently made an ironing board cover and I used a tutorial that Lisa (Funkitonial Threads) posted on one of her facebook pages. I think the directions by the PP would work well also. I added a long piece of muslin over my existing (really gross cover) and then put the cover I made on top of that.

I bought 2 cloth banners to see together to make a flag I don't know if it is better to use a small length stitch or long can someone please help
Thank you

I am in DESPERATE need of an embroidery design. I need a design that is the Disney Haunted Mansion plaque - (It is oval with the words "The
Haunted
Mansion"
Does anyone know where I can get this?

Thanks so much for any help.

I am in DESPERATE need of an embroidery design. I need a design that is the Disney Haunted Mansion plaque - (It is oval with the words "The
Haunted
Mansion"
Does anyone know where I can get this?

Thanks so much for any help.

I believe that design is heathersue's, under the rides category in her shop. Google frou frou by heather sue if u rnt familiar.

I bought 2 cloth banners to see together to make a flag I don't know if it is better to use a small length stitch or long can someone please help
Thank you

I imagine a short stitch length but I am not sure.

I believe that design is heathersue's, under the rides category in her shop. Google frou frou by heather sue if u rnt familiar.

I agree - I that design from Heather.

Cute outfits! Beautiful model! Great job!

I managed to do one last dress a pillowcase dress with a Cars print. Sorry no photo.

That makes 14 dresses, 2 tops and a FE. Now I'm done. Time for the trip to begin.

I lurk here all the time, so I thought it's time to share. Just finished our MNSSHP costumes. The boys are going as "wonderland playing cards" and I'm going in a Queen of Hearts Apron. All came out much better than anticipated. I'm very happy!! Sorry I couldn't get the pictures upright. Stupid Photobucket!! Grrr

I lurk here all the time, so I thought it's time to share. Just finished our MNSSHP costumes. The boys are going as "wonderland playing cards" and I'm going in a Queen of Hearts Apron. All came out much better than anticipated. I'm very happy!! Sorry I couldn't get the pictures upright. Stupid Photobucket!! Grrr

Sideways or not, those are great! and easy peasey for the park!

TOTALLY cute! I love them!

I managed to do one last dress a pillowcase dress with a Cars print. Sorry no photo.

That makes 14 dresses, 2 tops and a FE. Now I'm done. Time for the trip to begin.

You have been busy sewing! Have a great trip!

Welcome! Those are great costumes! I am sure your family will get lots of comments. Have a great trip!

PurpleEars, sewdisney and sewmess - THANK YOU so much for making me feel welcome. I was very apprehensive putting these on here as you guys on this thread make some totally amazing clothing!! I bow down to ALL of you! :hug:

hebbynan said:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mike-22-14/media/PlayingCards.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mike-22-14/media/QueenArpon.jpg.html

Okay I bow down to you!!!! Love your costumes so fab, we did Alice in Wonderland last October, but I only made Hubby's mad hatter tee and DS' Caterpillar costume, the cards are so original!

Great idea! Turned out awesome.

I'm still trucking along! I just love the Simply Sweet pattern. I made a short dress/top for DD to wear to a carnival-themed birthday party this weekend. I walked past the fabric in Hobby Lobby and just could.not.resist.

The color in this first photo is a little washed out-sorry about that.

The ruffle-elastic sleeves were a first for me.

Here's a photo with DD. You can't tell but those are Cinderella sunglasses that she loves! (found at CVS, they had other princess ones, too).

Here is an embellished shirt and pair of ruffle pants. The pants are big and were my first try--I just used another pair of pants for the pattern as opposed to a "real" pattern. I'm not thrilled with them, but they work! I don't have the patience to undo it all and make smaller. :)

Next on my list is going to be a reversible A-line dress (Scientific Seamstress) with lightweight corduroy and flannel fabrics. I've got heavier duty needles to switch in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter