Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
This is such a cool board! We are headed down next weekend and it will be my 10m old DD's first trip!

Here are two outfits I made for her!

This one to meet Mickey!
dis_zpslxkaylux.jpg

This one for SWW!
dis2_zpsy4w4birw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
dis2_zpsy4w4birw.jpg

The shirts were made with heat transfer vinyl using my cricut and the shorts were made with the Coachella pattern by Striped Swallow Designs
How cute are those shorts!!! Love them!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make wizard robes? I can buy them for $45-60 (I want decent ones) but I'd like to try and save more money. My daughter (8, size 10) wants to be hermione for Halloween, at MK.
Saving money because I thik we are taking her to wizard ing world too! Adding it on. In any event anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Ps. I don't want to make one out of a big t shirt, or some other cheat I want it to be as authentic as possible under the price of the official ones.

Oe more general sewing question. I am not that experienced. (Obviously lol) I just did my daughters measurements, and she's all over the size chart. I don't know which size to buy. She is 52 inches tall.
Chest 28 waist (high waist, the design I want is between regular and empire) 26 actual waist/biggest part of belly 30 hips 31.

Of course her belly measurement is the one out of size. I THINK wiht a higher waisted dress it won't be a problem, she wears a 10 in dresses, they are never too tight in the waist. I don't know if she's extra bloated or not but I can't figure this out! As with clothes in the store plus size is too big and I see her between an 8 and a 12 plus on the charts for simplicity.

Do I buy the big size and try to cut it down? For her Halloween anna dress I made the size 8 fit her by measuring and cutting bigger, is there an easier way?

Thanks so much!

My mom made my daughter's "apron skirt. She got the idea online and added a lil ruffle to a tank top and my daughter:love:loved it. So many people stopped us and MK to ask where we got it.
The 2nd outfit was a bday outfit she wanted an Anna dress but we needed to make it August humid weather friendly. So my mom did her "magic"pixiedust: and made a cute summer version of Anna's dress.

.View attachment 101418View attachment 101419

So adorable! I especially love the Belle!!!!

Oe more general sewing question. I am not that experienced. (Obviously lol) I just did my daughters measurements, and she's all over the size chart. I don't know which size to buy. She is 52 inches tall.
Chest 28 waist (high waist, the design I want is between regular and empire) 26 actual waist/biggest part of belly 30 hips 31.

Of course her belly measurement is the one out of size. I THINK wiht a higher waisted dress it won't be a problem, she wears a 10 in dresses, they are never too tight in the waist. I don't know if she's extra bloated or not but I can't figure this out! As with clothes in the store plus size is too big and I see her between an 8 and a 12 plus on the charts for simplicity.

Do I buy the big size and try to cut it down? For her Halloween anna dress I made the size 8 fit her by measuring and cutting bigger, is there an easier way?

Thanks so much!

I don't have suggestions for the robe but I would say go by the chest measurement for the size. I would then measure the waist on the pattern to decide if it is needs any alterations (remember to take out the seam allowances). Unless it is a close fitting item, it is likely that no changes are needed. Good luck!

I completed a stroller quilt for DS a couple of weeks ago. The tabs on the sides are for attaching it to the stroller.

11694835_994697710548889_2890169328174060234_n.jpg

That's really neat! I think now I have another project before our December trip. Lol.
Is there a pattern or online tutorial you used for measurements?

So I need some help....

I just finished a new cotton Sofia inspired dress. My DD wore it to school last week (she was so proud) and played outside in it. It didn't get muddy but did get covered in "dirt". And I can't seem to get it out!! So far I've washed in Tide and soaked in oxiclean. Any other tips? It is cotton... I think it is called fairy frost by michael miller. It's covered in glitter and is machine washable. :laundy:

That's really neat! I think now I have another project before our December trip. Lol.
Is there a pattern or online tutorial you used for measurements?

I just measured the stroller and determined the size of the quilt. I used 4" by 4" squares (so the finished squares are 3.5" by 3.5") and a 2" border.

So I need some help....

I just finished a new cotton Sofia inspired dress. My DD wore it to school last week (she was so proud) and played outside in it. It didn't get muddy but did get covered in "dirt". And I can't seem to get it out!! So far I've washed in Tide and soaked in oxiclean. Any other tips? It is cotton... I think it is called fairy frost by michael miller. It's covered in glitter and is machine washable. :laundy:

I would try to soak it overnight but otherwise I don't have any tricks. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter