Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

So I have the first of what will probably be a million questions. I bought some flannel to make easy fit pajama pants for my twins. I noticed on the selvage it is "not for use for childrens sleepware". We have never used anything else but Carters Pajamas so I never have even thought about this.
Kelly
Yes, they print that on there to protect the companies that make the flannel. I think most of us have used it for kids pajamas or nightgowns anyhow.

Well of course. I would not want to scare people for life...lol

I just wanted to make sure that I look appropriate.:)
I think that would look great. And I probably scare a few people even when I am in a bathing suit. :beach:

QUESTION:

I'm going to make some lounging around pants for a friend and wondered if anyone had made the easy fits for adults. I read that they ran big for the kids and wondered if this was the case for adults too?
I have made them for my girls. They fit just fine.

And by the way... not sure if I mentioned here or not...I am going to be a grand mother again! My Disney hating daughter and her Disney loving husband are having their first in about 12 weeks. They are not peeking, so at present time we are all guessing... will it be little Amelia ... or little Alexander? However, they did purchase two sets of Mickey ears in December at Disney in infant size...one with Amelia and one with Alexander...that is how they are planning on announcing to the world if it is a girl or boy!
Nini
Congratulations! What a fun way for them to announce what they are having!

I have been able to intermittently lurk and see what you all have been up to (a whole lot of FABULOUSNESS as usual) but life's been so busy here that I don't get much time to play on the computer (and even less on the sewing machine as of late :sad2:). Maybe someday *sigh* SO, keep up the good work!

Sunshine
I hope things slow down a bit for you and you get some time to sew! And to visit us on here.

I love the names they chose :)

I was just thinking about you, so glad you posted. I hate when life is so super busy like that.

Thanks Andrea according to the last 2 sonograms I have had there are no obvious boy parts so we are going with its a girl. We have a name but we are keeping it secret at this point because the first name is not a family name but a name J C and I love but the middle name is my Moms middle name and we don't want to hear flack from the other side of the family since primarily my kids have been named after my parents. Not my fault that they don't have any family names I like ;)

LOL about your name choice!

My daughter and her husband spent weeks working on names (waaaaaay before they were expecting!) Making sure they did NOT pick any family names. Even going back 4 generations! Then, the first name had to have a minimum of 3 syllables with at lest two nick names , I don't remember the middle names for either child, so I can't remember the rules about that...

They had a list a mile long of requirements for each name...and they have them picked out for all 4 kids they want. So that meant all the names had to go together. (Did I say that my son in law is a research assistant?) Then, of course, was the final test of each name...he made mock up business cards for each name...one for a doctor one for a lawyer. The names had to be dignified sounding!

After they chose the names I asked about what happens if the girl marries someone with a different name...because initials cannot say or mean anything! So of course, he had to redo some of them!

Nini

Diane, I think I lost my quote of yours. I didn't know your mother had surgery. I am hoping it was for something minor and that she is recovering well.

Lost some quotes when I had to restart my machine so I apologize.

I just wanted to share this quick project I whipped up today, in case any of you might have pirate-crazy kids (Or these might be fun pixie dust for big gives...)

These took about 10 minutes to make both maps, and I think my kids are going to go nuts for them. I am going to hold off giving them to the boys until our road trip to Florida next month. (Sadly we are not going to visit Disney, just grandpa, but there is evidently a pirate-themed day cruise near his house in Ft. Meyers so we plan to do that.)

Essentially I cut two rough rectangles from each of two fabrics, one is the pirate map fabric, the other is a parchment-looking scrap I had in from my Fat Quarter Shop grab bag. I sewed them right-sides together, left a hole, turned the right way and top stitched. I thought about adding a ribbon to tie it up like a crayon roll would have but my kids are 3 and can't tie. I might add a grommet or a loop and snap so they can attach it to their bags or something.

Anyway, fun easy project which I think my kids are going to love.
Jen
Those came out really cute and I'm sure they will be a big hit with your boys.

Good to know. I've eaten at the Wilderness Lodge a couple times (and it looks like we have lunch there on the upcoming Backstage Magic tour). Since I live so close to the Adirondacks it seems too close to home, like Saratoga Springs. I live in Saratoga country so SSR would seem like driving up the highway a couple exits.

I'll sleep at Wilderness Lodge eventually. :squirrel:
The Backstage Magic tour sounds like fun. Is your DS doing that with you? We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour about a year ago and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for asking The bus strike ended last Friday and the busses resumed on Wednesday when we went back to school. It has honestly been a huge relief to me. I am feeling pretty good. I will admit it has been hard being pregnant this time around.
I think it is harder to be pregnant when you have other ones to take care of. I'm sure it is harder when the kids are older and have schedules vs. having a little one that doesn't have to be at school, dance, ect.

I haven't shared in a while since I haven't been sewing but now that the bus strike is over I have more time. This is what I did this week, the PJs are for Miss C and the rest was for an order and are on their way to Disney right now.

PEnguin PJS
th_Penguinpjs_zpsd5d452b0.jpg

P & F Shirt
th_phinandferbtee_zps04e5ca22.jpg

Lightening McQueen Shirt
th_McQueenshirt_zps82965ddc.jpg

and Duffy (this is very similar to the one I made Miss C back last summer)
th_Duffyset_zpse4ef0bb1.jpg

Need to get busy today with things that need to get done.
Love those PJs and your t-shirts look perfect. I do love that little Duffy bear. I have tried to steer my kids away from Duffy because they both love stuffed animals. They are a little old for stuffed animals but it doesn't stop them from asking and since he is so cute I know I would cave.

I have been working on teaching myself crochet. I have lots of downtime at work so I've been getting lots of practice. Here is my first hat and scarf I made. Just ignore the horrible self mirror picture, I had just come inside from shoveling snow.. I am working on another hat and scarf set and might make matching mittens for both sets too. I also started working on an afghan for my cousin's wedding gift this summer. I had originailly wanted to do a quilt but wasn't sure I would have the time so why not crochet while I'm working:)

th_photo3_zps4d10960a.jpg
Great job on the crochet. Your hat and scarf look very cozy. I have a Kenmore machine too and didn't realize Sears stopped carrying them.

Thanks to the poster that said they were made by Janome, good to know for future reference.

482421_10151521175361972_260878648_n.jpg

Dumb question, do you think this bathing suit cover-up is acceptable (allowed) at the pool at the resorts only?? (I know NOT the theme parks or water parks). I made it from a line of fabric that we have at our store.
That cover up looks really nice and I agree with others - you are fine to wear that down to the pool.

Hello, thought I would drop by and post the latest. I haven't posted in awhile, but have really been enjoying all the beautiful stuff that has been posted. We had a week off work this week and I have made a couple of easy strip quilts for some friends who just had babies. The only thing disney about the first one is the applique font, but I thought it was cute and would share anyway...

th_61E6512B-C592-451E-9C3B-0F4046880C27-929-000001A0D5A72DDC_zpsf6a57641.jpg

this isn't disney either, but the older brother who is not yet 2 enjoyed his baby sisters so much, I had to make him his own, so here is his...

th_8FA8E987-44A5-425D-96DF-98195B2050DA-929-000001A0CD65B265_zps7e3d429a.jpg

Back to work tomorrow :sad: but, I will try harder to stay up with this thread.
How sweet to make one for big brother too. They both look cute and cozy.

Hi everyone,

I posted a while back about my quest for matching bowling shirts and pillowcase dresses for my kids. You all provided some honest and helpful feedback, which I appreciated very much :)

After quietly stalking this thread for a while, I just wanted to say I love the beautiful things you all put together. I'm really inspired. I'm going to attempt to make some matching fleece hats for us for our trip. My MIL has an old sewing machine she says I can practice on. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Also, I wanted to share a coupon I got for Fabric.com. It is 15% off sitewide with NO minimum purchase. The code is THX113 and if you order more than $35 worth you get free shipping. Just wanted to share. I ordered some fabric and fleece and got a bunch of stuff for my $35 and got the discount!

Woot Woot!!

Also, in other news, I found my old planning binder and lo and behold, found an antique looking reciept from early 2011 from the lady who did my outfits last time. I decided to send her an email to see if she was still around and SHE IS! She is doing the two pillow case dresses and one bowling shirts for me. She actually already had the fabric I wanted. SCORE. All three pieces were $65 with the shipping. I'm SOOOOOOOO happy!

The outfits she made last time still look amazing and they were worn dozens of times! I'm hoping for another excellent transaction.

Anywho, happy sewing to everyone. Hope the coupon is helpful.

Thanks again for all the inspiration!
Glad you were able to find the women that created the stuff from your last trip. Good luck with the sewing practice, you'll be making your own stuff for your next trip!

On another note, I finished my under-the-sea baby quilt this morning, I love the way it turned out. It is not often that I am sad when I ship stuff off, but I will definitely miss this one.

Now I have all these ideas to do other versions of this quilt with appliques. I am thinking mickey/minnie next. I know I have plenty of fabrics for that on hand even.
Wow, that quilt looks even better all finished up and I love the binding fabric.

Thanks Andrea according to the last 2 sonograms I have had there are no obvious boy parts so we are going with its a girl. We have a name but we are keeping it secret at this point because the first name is not a family name but a name J C and I love but the middle name is my Moms middle name and we don't want to hear flack from the other side of the family since primarily my kids have been named after my parents. Not my fault that they don't have any family names I like
My kids both have middle names from my side of the family. I don't think my DH or his family care one way or the other. Plus all of his siblings had their kids before us so they could have used any family name they wanted. If I got any flack I would just tell my DH that when he gives birth to a baby he can name it whatever he wants.

My daughter and her husband spent weeks working on names (waaaaaay before they were expecting!) Making sure they did NOT pick any family names. Even going back 4 generations! Then, the first name had to have a minimum of 3 syllables with at lest two nick names , I don't remember the middle names for either child, so I can't remember the rules about that...

They had a list a mile long of requirements for each name...and they have them picked out for all 4 kids they want. So that meant all the names had to go together. (Did I say that my son in law is a research assistant?) Then, of course, was the final test of each name...he made mock up business cards for each name...one for a doctor one for a lawyer. The names had to be dignified sounding!

After they chose the names I asked about what happens if the girl marries someone with a different name...because initials cannot say or mean anything! So of course, he had to redo some of them!

Nini
Oh my, that is so funny that he made up mock business cards. I am a planner but didn't have a name picked out for either of my kids until we were at the hospital. We spent the early hours of labor looking through the baby naming book. At least with Curtis we were down to only one letter of the alphabet because my family's tradition is that all the kids have the same first initial. I guess my SIL didn't get that memo but that is why my sister's husband calls their youngest Jate instead of Kate.

ANDREA - so glad to hear that your house in RI is under contract. I really hope everything works out and you can put up the SOLD sign very soon.

My machines are in the shop so I was hoping to be like Diane and get a whole bunch of things cut out and ready to sew but it is not happening. Oh well.

Sofia.jpg

We have progress on Sofia! I still need to do all the detailing and trim but the base is done. I tried it on her this morning and it's slightly big but not horribly so. At the rate she's growing it'll fit in about 3 weeks. I'm glad I decided to just do it, I read this morning that the Disney Store doesn't expect them back in stock until Halloween :scared1:

Actually DH is way more picky on names than I am and he came up with the middle name for this one which I am shocked at. Guess he really does like my mom.

Oh want to know the name my MIL wants for this one Annette. what are we in 1950.

Hello, thought I would drop by and post the latest. I haven't posted in awhile, but have really been enjoying all the beautiful stuff that has been posted. We had a week off work this week and I have made a couple of easy strip quilts for some friends who just had babies. The only thing disney about the first one is the applique font, but I thought it was cute and would share anyway...

th_61E6512B-C592-451E-9C3B-0F4046880C27-929-000001A0D5A72DDC_zpsf6a57641.jpg

this isn't disney either, but the older brother who is not yet 2 enjoyed his baby sisters so much, I had to make him his own, so here is his...

th_8FA8E987-44A5-425D-96DF-98195B2050DA-929-000001A0CD65B265_zps7e3d429a.jpg

Back to work tomorrow :sad: but, I will try harder to stay up with this thread.

We love to see whatever anyone has done...Disney or not! Those quilts are beautiful and I agree it was so sweet of you to make one for the brother!

Hi everyone,

I posted a while back about my quest for matching bowling shirts and pillowcase dresses for my kids. You all provided some honest and helpful feedback, which I appreciated very much :)

After quietly stalking this thread for a while, I just wanted to say I love the beautiful things you all put together. I'm really inspired. I'm going to attempt to make some matching fleece hats for us for our trip. My MIL has an old sewing machine she says I can practice on. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Also, I wanted to share a coupon I got for Fabric.com. It is 15% off sitewide with NO minimum purchase. The code is THX113 and if you order more than $35 worth you get free shipping. Just wanted to share. I ordered some fabric and fleece and got a bunch of stuff for my $35 and got the discount!

Woot Woot!!

Also, in other news, I found my old planning binder and lo and behold, found an antique looking reciept from early 2011 from the lady who did my outfits last time. I decided to send her an email to see if she was still around and SHE IS! She is doing the two pillow case dresses and one bowling shirts for me. She actually already had the fabric I wanted. SCORE. All three pieces were $65 with the shipping. I'm SOOOOOOOO happy!

The outfits she made last time still look amazing and they were worn dozens of times! I'm hoping for another excellent transaction.

Anywho, happy sewing to everyone. Hope the coupon is helpful.

Thanks again for all the inspiration!

Glad you found your receipt and have placed an order. Great prices! And I'm glad you're going to make some hats for your family. I'm sure you'll do a great job and will soon be cranking out lots of fun stuff. At least you know where to come if you have any questions now. Everyone on here is so very helpful! Good luck on the hats and don't forget to post pictures of everything.

These are great! I am planning on getting a better embroidery machine next month. I was wondering where do you like to find your designs? I know my daughter would love a Lighting McQueen shirt (but made a bit girlier!

Have you decided which machine you'll get? Still thinking the Brother 700? I just got a new machine, but it's a combo since I don't have room for an embroidery machine, sewing machine and my serger. It would be nice to be able to sew while things are stitching out, but I'm just happy to have such a nice machine! Good luck with purchasing your machine. I know you'll love it!

On another note, I finished my under-the-sea baby quilt this morning, I love the way it turned out. It is not often that I am sad when I ship stuff off, but I will definitely miss this one.

Now I have all these ideas to do other versions of this quilt with appliques. I am thinking mickey/minnie next. I know I have plenty of fabrics for that on hand even. :)

The finished quilt is even more adorable! I love the fabric choices. The colors are so rich. I wouldn't want to part with it either. Love your idea of a Mickey/Minnie version. The possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!

And by the way... not sure if I mentioned here or not...I am going to be a grand mother again! My Disney hating daughter and her Disney loving husband are having their first in about 12 weeks. They are not peeking, so at present time we are all guessing... will it be little Amelia ... or little Alexander? However, they did purchase two sets of Mickey ears in December at Disney in infant size...one with Amelia and one with Alexander...that is how they are planning on announcing to the world if it is a girl or boy!

I certainly hope I do not have to wait ANOTHER 5 years to get my next grand child! LOL

Nini

Congrats! I love the "they are not peeking" comment!:rotfl: What a cute way to announce the gender too! I also have 3 of my 4 kids who do not love Disney. I'm wondering where in the world I went wrong.:confused3

LOL about your name choice!

Nini

This seriously had me laughing! It is so hard to pick a name that sounds good with the last name and you try to find something that kids can't make fun of in any way or have an embarrassing connotation to it. Believe me, working in a hospital, I've seen some name combinations that definitely came under the heading, WHAT WERE THEIR PARENTS THINKING??? :faint:

th_Sofia.jpg

We have progress on Sofia! I still need to do all the detailing and trim but the base is done. I tried it on her this morning and it's slightly big but not horribly so. At the rate she's growing it'll fit in about 3 weeks. I'm glad I decided to just do it, I read this morning that the Disney Store doesn't expect them back in stock until Halloween :scared1:

This is too adorable! You did a fantastic job so far. :good vibes

Diane: So glad your Mom got through her surgery ok, but sorry to hear you're still fighting that upper respiratory thing. I'm feeling much better, almost back to normal except the lingering cough. Anyway, hope your Mom recovers quickly. Will she be having rehab? My mom had both her hips replaced about 10 years apart and had rehab for one but not the other. It was a long healing process for her both times, but she tends to be a slow healer. Hope that's not the case for your Mom.:flower3:

Andrea: Hope you hear something today about the inspection. Time seems to crawl by when you're waiting for such important news.:hourglass

Sofia.jpg

Love it! Don't show my girls. LOL
Are you using a particular pattern?

I haven't been on to say my thanks for all the welcoming and information that has been shared! :wave2:

pyrxtc-Thank you for the warm welcome, I love the Cindy dress. It turned out so beautiful!!!

PurpleEars-Thank you for welcoming me and for the machine advice. I'm really looking forward to appliqueing. How does one applique on to items that aren't one piece and flat? Like a t-shirt or pants? More research is definitely needed by me on all the sewing stuff!

dianemom2-I love the Ariel dress! I am in awe at how you ladies match up fabrics and they look awesome. I see fabric at the store and wonder how on earth I make them work together! Thank you for my welcome wishes and the advice on machines. As soon as I get my machine from my grandpa I hope to be up and running on "easy" or "simple" beginner projects, test the waters so to speak!!!

rebeccalizzie-Thank you for advice on machines!

VBAndrea-Thank you as well for your input on machines!

Right now I am still waiting to get my machine from my grandpa (it is in my grandma's sewing room, which he hasn't touched much since she passed). I called him recently thinking he could tell me the type of machine but that was a no go. He said he never did understand those silly things, LOL :rotfl:. Right now if Mother Nature cooperates we will be heading up to visit him and get my machine on the 9th. All of the items look great, I especially love the under the sea quilt!!!! Precious! Now off to corral the kiddos, we have a snow storm again so all 6 kids will be home today :crazy2:.

Andrea - you dont know how excited I was to read about your house!!! it has been a long haul for you guys, and you have been so patient with it all!! YAY!!!!!:cool1:

Everyone - the concussion is giving me migranes that cause vertigo and dull headaches. They started me on a medication last Thursday, and I havent seen much of a difference yet. I know this will all blow over soon!! Im also having some blurred/double vision, but its not constant - not sure what to do about that one!!!:confused3

A new big give!!!! Its up and ready for you all to come over and show Jacob and Tyler how special they are. This is their first family vacation ever! Jacob has mitochondrial disease, and his family was blown away when they got the diagnosis, and also told that he may only live 10-20 more years!!! So sad! They deserve to have a magical, wonderful, memory packed trip!!! Please come and help us send them off on an amazing journey!!!
phonepictures038_zpsddebfe80.jpg

Here is a link to the big give site!
http://disbiggive.proboards.com/index.cgi

Fabulous! My daughter is a Sophie and she would think it was too fun to have her dress. She did not like the movie though...go figure.:)

Have you decided which machine you'll get? Still thinking the Brother 700? I just got a new machine, but it's a combo since I don't have room for an embroidery machine, sewing machine and my serger. It would be nice to be able to sew while things are stitching out, but I'm just happy to have such a nice machine! Good luck with purchasing your machine. I know you'll love it!
Yes, I am leaning towards the 700. I am a bit nervous, but I know I will enjoy it when I force my self to use it. I have a sewing machine that I love, (Janome 6500 and a platinum for travel) and a brother serger...which now that I have gotten over my fear of serging has been wonderful! My current embroidery machine still works well, but I would need a new reader/card, and at that price I think I should just get a new machine, with an easier way to transfer designs and a bigger embroidery area.

Thank you so much for the advice on patterns and where to find the doll shirts. I checked out each of the sites and made a few orders. The only other one I found was from a website called Blanks Boutique. It is a cute shirt, but I don't know about the quality as I have never ordered from them before. They are just in the pre-order stage though I think.

Too bad I actually have to work today and can not just sew for fun!

Right now I am still waiting to get my machine from my grandpa (it is in my grandma's sewing room, which he hasn't touched much since she passed). I called him recently thinking he could tell me the type of machine but that was a no go. He said he never did understand those silly things, LOL :rotfl:. Right now if Mother Nature cooperates we will be heading up to visit him and get my machine on the 9th. All of the items look great, I especially love the under the sea quilt!!!! Precious! Now off to corral the kiddos, we have a snow storm again so all 6 kids will be home today :crazy2:.

Let me add my welcome as well. You'll find lots of great information and support here. I think it's exciting to "discover" what machine you'll get. There are several on this site who have vintage machines and love them to death. Whatever it is, it will get you started and hopefully open up a whole new world of sewing for you. Be sure to keep us posted.:goodvibes

Andrea - you dont know how excited I was to read about your house!!! it has been a long haul for you guys, and you have been so patient with it all!! YAY!!!!!:cool1:

Everyone - the concussion is giving me migranes that cause vertigo and dull headaches. They started me on a medication last Thursday, and I havent seen much of a difference yet. I know this will all blow over soon!! Im also having some blurred/double vision, but its not constant - not sure what to do about that one!!!:confused3

Oh no! That does not sound good at all. I'm so sorry you are still having so many problems. I hope the medication begins to help and that your blurred vision goes away. We need you healthy and happy!! Prayer coming your way!

Yes, I am leaning towards the 700. I am a bit nervous, but I know I will enjoy it when I force my self to use it. I have a sewing machine that I love, (Janome 6500 and a platinum for travel) and a brother serger...which now that I have gotten over my fear of serging has been wonderful! My current embroidery machine still works well, but I would need a new reader/card, and at that price I think I should just get a new machine, with an easier way to transfer designs and a bigger embroidery area.

Too bad I actually have to work today and can not just sew for fun!

That's exactly why I got my new machine. Mine was a good one, but 12 years old and there just wasn't a good way to download new designs for embroidery. Of course the new machine will be amazing, but being nervous is totally understandable. Lots of us feel that way. I had my serger for a month before I even took it out of the box! :rotfl:

I've always said working for a living cuts way into my real life!:rolleyes:

I am way behind again and as usual there is way too much to quote!

Andrea, great news about the house! I know you've been waiting a long time for this!

Here are a couple of princess dresses I did for my nieces.

punzel_zpsdbb34c63.jpg

cindy_zps550763b6.jpg

I don't think she hated the dress, she had just woke up from a nap!

Here is a close-up of the apron. I love this design.

cindy2_zps7403affd.jpg

We had a chance to go see the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast last Sunday. Here is the outfit I made for Alexa. I didn't think I would be able to get it done because my embroidery machine decided to quit working. Luckily, my local sewing machine repairman was able to fix it.

beauty_zpsbfaa7af8.jpg

I've made a couple of these skirts before and I forget how many hours of my life I have to give up for it, lol. She loved it and felt like a princess so it was worth it!

Actually DH is way more picky on names than I am and he came up with the middle name for this one which I am shocked at. Guess he really does like my mom.

Oh want to know the name my MIL wants for this one Annette. what are we in 1950.

Ah, but it is classic Disney. Imagine the glory of the "Annette" ears.

Sofia.jpg

This is just beautiful. I literally gasped when I saw it. But I'm part magpie, and like my shiny things. ;)

Some migraine meds are the type that build up, but when I was on them I felt a difference almost immediately. Prayers for your continued improvement.

I am going to do something drastic to my computer if it doesn't stop taking forever to upload photos. I've got pictures of no-Disney related lounge pants I made for my husband and Disney related goodies he's made for me, but I can't get them to load. :sad:

I'd also like to help with a big give, but that "pro-boards" thing makes me hesitate. I'm no where near professional level and want to make these special kids something wonderful.

Diane, I think I lost my quote of yours. I didn't know your mother had surgery. I am hoping it was for something minor and that she is recovering well.
She had hip replacement yesterday. I haven't seen her yet because I still have this darn cold! I think I am close to being better but I really don't want to pass any germs along to her while she is recovering.

I am a planner but didn't have a name picked out for either of my kids until we were at the hospital. We spent the early hours of labor looking through the baby naming book.

My machines are in the shop so I was hoping to be like Diane and get a whole bunch of things cut out and ready to sew but it is not happening. Oh well.

That's funny about how you waited to pick out the names. I am a planner too. I'm sure that Andrea won't be very surprised to know that I had my names picked out before my 5th month both times. And I had the nursery ready about 3 months early when my first was born. It was a good thing too since she was 5 weeks ahead of schedule. Since we are Jewish, our tradition is to name our children after a deceased relative. My older daughter was name for my grandfather and grandmother. My younger daughter was named for my uncle and my husbands great aunt.

I hope you get some stuff cut out. I find it much easier to cut a bunch of items out and then sew. Especially since I dislike the cutting and pinning compared to the planning, embroidering and sewing.

Sofia.jpg

Very cute! It is great that you can make the dress and don't have to wait for the Disney store.

Glad that your DH likes your mom enough to want to name the baby for her. I know what you mean about MIL suggesting names. My MIL really, really, really wanted me to name my younger daughter Maiya, which is definitely not a name that I would have picked. I finally told her that she got to name her children and that DH and I would be picking names for ours.

Diane: So glad your Mom got through her surgery ok, but sorry to hear you're still fighting that upper respiratory thing. I'm feeling much better, almost back to normal except the lingering cough. Anyway, hope your Mom recovers quickly. Will she be having rehab? My mom had both her hips replaced about 10 years apart and had rehab for one but not the other. It was a long healing process for her both times, but she tends to be a slow healer. Hope that's not the case for your Mom.:flower3:
My cold is almost gone. Finally! I do still have the lingering cough though. My mom is also a slow healer. They told her to expect to be sent home after 2 days in the hospital but my dad is still hoping that they will send her to rehab. If she goes home, they have the name of a home healthcare nurse who can come to stay with them for the first week after she gets home.

dianemom2-I love the Ariel dress! I am in awe at how you ladies match up fabrics and they look awesome. I see fabric at the store and wonder how on earth I make them work together!
Here is a little hint to matching up fabrics. Many of the fabrics have a little row of squares along the border. Those squares are the colors that were used in the fabric. If you can match up those squares pretty closely, most of the times the fabrics will look good together. Also, there are lots of lines of fabric that make mix and match items.

A new big give!!!! Its up and ready for you all to come over and show Jacob and Tyler how special they are. This is their first family vacation ever! Jacob has mitochondrial disease, and his family was blown away when they got the diagnosis, and also told that he may only live 10-20 more years!!! So sad! They deserve to have a magical, wonderful, memory packed trip!!! Please come and help us send them off on an amazing journey!!!
phonepictures038_zpsddebfe80.jpg
I just signed up!:thumbsup2

The dresses for your nieces are adorable! I love how you did the little apron with the wording on it. Some day I might borrow that idea!!! I hope both nieces loved the dresses. Have you been sewing for your new grand baby too?

The Belle outfit for Alexa is wonderful! I am sure she looked just perfect for the show.

I'd also like to help with a big give, but that "pro-boards" thing makes me hesitate. I'm no where near professional level and want to make these special kids something wonderful.
You absolutely do not need to be a "pro" in order to contribute to a Big Give. That's just the name of the board, not a requirement to join the group. In fact, there are lots of things you can send even if you don't sew at all. Right now they are looking for somebody to do some simple shorts to go with some of the shirts. Come on over and sign up!:)

While they DO make flannel that is flame retardant (be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it) the flame retardant chemical does wash out after a while )some reports say with as little as two washings). Some of the chemicals they use are pretty bad in them selves, and back in the late 70's there was one chemical that was found to cause sterility in males. (I can't remember the name at the moment, but from what I remember it was a chemical that was used for YEARS!)

Some experts suggest pjs that are more form fitting (as opposed to loose and flowy). This is the main reason I will not make pjs...but my DD prefers to sleep in t shirts and flannel lounge pants....

+++++++++++++++++

I certainly hope I do not have to wait ANOTHER 5 years to get my next grand child! LOL

Nini

Thanks for the info on the flannel Nini. Congratulations about having a grand child! I am sure you are thrilled.

Thanks for all who have responded with good wishes about our house. I asked our realtor to let me know when inspection was scheduled and she has yet too, though I've been having e-mail problems. I know I'll hear from her when it's over. They only have until the 28th to do it. I will breathe a sign of relief once it's done and the buyers are satisfied.

I have done little work on my latest skirt for Alexa. I have been trying to lose weight b/c I keep gaining as I get older and am fed up. So I have been working out almost everyday. And when I work out I don't sew. And I'm still not losing :( It's so frustrating.

I hope the inspection goes well. I guess they only have a couple of days left to complete it. I will be praying for things to go well for you.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having problems with trying to lose weight. Perhaps you are buliding muscle mass instead of losing?

Thanks Andrea according to the last 2 sonograms I have had there are no obvious boy parts so we are going with its a girl. We have a name but we are keeping it secret at this point because the first name is not a family name but a name J C and I love but the middle name is my Moms middle name and we don't want to hear flack from the other side of the family since primarily my kids have been named after my parents. Not my fault that they don't have any family names I like ;)

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. I am sure the name you choose will be great. I hope the rest of the pregnancy will progress smoothly.

Nini

It is funny that he made up mock business cards!

th_Sofia.jpg

The dress looks fab! Great job!

I haven't been on to say my thanks for all the welcoming and information that has been shared! :wave2:

PurpleEars-Thank you for welcoming me and for the machine advice. I'm really looking forward to appliqueing. How does one applique on to items that aren't one piece and flat? Like a t-shirt or pants? More research is definitely needed by me on all the sewing stuff!

Some of us take out one of the seams on t-shirts or jeans to do applique. Another alternative is to hoop the area you want to applique and make sure the rest of the garment stay outside the hoop. I am sure you are looking forward to having a sewing machine. I hope you will be able to pick it up on the 9th as planned. Please don't forget to take a picture of your machine and give it a name!

Wendy, I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems with the concussion. I hope you will recover from it soon!

Here are a couple of princess dresses I did for my nieces.

th_punzel_zpsdbb34c63.jpg

th_cindy_zps550763b6.jpg

th_cindy2_zps7403affd.jpg

We had a chance to go see the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast last Sunday. Here is the outfit I made for Alexa. I didn't think I would be able to get it done because my embroidery machine decided to quit working. Luckily, my local sewing machine repairman was able to fix it.

th_beauty_zpsbfaa7af8.jpg

I've made a couple of these skirts before and I forget how many hours of my life I have to give up for it, lol. She loved it and felt like a princess so it was worth it!

The dresses look great. I like the apron you did for the Cindy dress. Great job!

I am going to do something drastic to my computer if it doesn't stop taking forever to upload photos. I've got pictures of no-Disney related lounge pants I made for my husband and Disney related goodies he's made for me, but I can't get them to load. :sad:

Sorry to hear that your computer is slow uploading photos. Hopefully it will work later. Certainly you don't have to be a "pro" - it is just the hosting site's name. I am sure whatever you can add to the Gives will be appreciated!

She had hip replacement yesterday. I haven't seen her yet because I still have this darn cold! I think I am close to being better but I really don't want to pass any germs along to her while she is recovering.

I hope you will recover quickly so you can see your mom. I also hope that your mom will recover quickly from her hip replacement. Certainly that would improve the quality of her life once she is through the rehab.

Would anyone have an idea to make a seat cushion for Jacob's stroller/wheelchair? Its a 14" wide convaid ez rider!! He doesnt have one for his, and his mom said he is sensative to scratchy materials, and the cruiser's material can get a bit scratchy, especially when you are hot!!

Also, maybe some type of luggage tag holder to place on his wheelchair for when he parks it?

th_punzel_zpsdbb34c63.jpg

th_cindy_zps550763b6.jpg

th_cindy2_zps7403affd.jpg

th_beauty_zpsbfaa7af8.jpg

Those are darling dresses! Great job! Your daughter is truly a little "Beauty"!

Computer problems can send you around the bend almost more quickly than anything else! I've been there for sure. I hope you get it resolved soon and can post your pictures.

I did a big give and was very nervous about doing a good enough job. But I guess I did okay and have signed up for another one. It is a great way to pay it forward! The kids are adorable!! So just jump in and don't worry about pro or not pro. I'm certainly NOT a pro!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter