Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I think the last we saw was from Thanksgiving? The red/white dot dresses.

Thanks - I couldn't remember if I had posted Thanksgiving or not.

Friday 11/23 - Magic Kingdom again. I didn't actually make these outfits. I bought them on Zulily. I am not thrilled with the quality however as the skirt separated from the yoke halfway through the day and this was the first time she work it.

IMG_7212 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And last but not least - Saturday 11/24 at Epcot. I love these dresses. I love the elastic casing in the back. The dress really came together very nicely and they looked so cute in them.

IMG_7297 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And just to show off the back of the dress

IMG_7295 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_7373 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

37F8ADAD-76BD-4BA9-A0DC-C2D7C6D860B6-7788-000009D54736BFED.jpg
Welcome to the group! The dress is so cute! I'm sure your 3 yo will love it!

Also, I really like the pool robes you made for the give.
I lost the quote but I absolutely LOVE the sailboat dress that you made. Your stash is so varied but I think it is great that you are using up some of your fabrics.
Thanks! I always love a compliment! Especially since my kids tend to be very critical about what I've sewn. ;) I've been very good about trying to sew from my stash recently. My fabric closet it so full that I can't really jam anything else in there. If I don't use up some of those fabrics, then I can't buy more stuff. :lmao:

That turned out great! I don't have CarlaC's raglan pattern but I've made one from my Ottobre magazine. They tend to go together very quickly. I've never made one from fleece. I ordered enough fleece when Joanns's had their sale to make myself a fleece jacket. It was on sale for $2.99 per yard plus there was free shipping. I'm sure that the boys will all love the Hulk fabric!

Here is what I've worked on so far this week:

3 t-shirt for my nephew to wear on their trip to Disney
PB280130.jpg

A new dress pattern. It is called the Butterfly dress. It was a great pattern and I'm planning to make at least a couple more.
PB280131.jpg

And then this one is the Oliver+S Ice cream dress pattern that I used a couple of weeks ago. I increased the width of the bottom part of the dress so that it was twirlier. I think that the dress needs something but I can't figure out what.
PB280132.jpg

dianemom2 said:
Welcome to the group! The dress is so cute! I'm sure your 3 yo will love it!

Thanks! I always love a compliment! Especially since my kids tend to be very critical about what I've sewn. ;) I've been very good about trying to sew from my stash recently. My fabric closet it so full that I can't really jam anything else in there. If I don't use up some of those fabrics, then I can't buy more stuff. :lmao:

That turned out great! I don't have CarlaC's raglan pattern but I've made one from my Ottobre magazine. They tend to go together very quickly. I've never made one from fleece. I ordered enough fleece when Joanns's had their sale to make myself a fleece jacket. It was on sale for $2.99 per yard plus there was free shipping. I'm sure that the boys will all love the Hulk fabric!

A new dress pattern. It is called the Butterfly dress. It was a great pattern and I'm planning to make at least a couple more.

And then this one is the Oliver+S Ice cream dress pattern that I used a couple of weeks ago. I increased the width of the bottom part of the dress so that it was twirlier. I think that the dress needs something but I can't figure out what.

I agree the dress needs something. Not sure what. It sort of has a nightgown vibe.

I went to get thread for my serger at Hancock fabrics, not my fave but its closest. They had tons of fleece remnants on sale $3/yard. I got 2 yards of avengers for a throw blanket and possibly more sweatshirts for all 3 boys, plus enough agent P fleece for hoodies for my two. I also picked up $3 teal fleece throws at ikea the other day to embroider perry onto for the boys. I also picked up shelves for organizing my sewing stuff. I'm fighting a losing battle in trying to keep organized.
Started playing with serger today but need to spend some quality time with the book.

Soooooooo guess whoishappy.

I ordered the pe770 on Thursday night or was it Friday? It shipped Saturday. Arrived in Canada yesterday am and was in my hands at 2 pm this afternoon. Definitely takes the cake for fastest shipping ever! It said it would arrive between dec 4 and 10 and then after the purchase it said dec 10. Aren't I glad I didn't pay for expedited shipping!

I can't wait to get it going but that won't happenuntil the weekend. I have yet to order thread?

Wow! That was fast! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations with the machine!

I am a long-time lurker, sporadic poster. I finished my first ever peasant dress! This will be for my 3 year old for BBB on December 30. The whole trip is a surprise, so I couldn't try it on. But it's exactly the length of her night gowns, so I think it will fit.

th_37F8ADAD-76BD-4BA9-A0DC-C2D7C6D860B6-7788-000009D54736BFED.jpg

The dress is beautiful! I am sure you will have a very happy princess!

My next project is curtains for the playroom. They are pinned and thankfully only pinned as I did one panel upside down!

I am glad that you caught the mistake before you sew the pieces together!

Grrr! I haven't started on my 8 dog shirts yet and wanted to today, but instead I need to take our 17 year old cat to the vet (I have totally procrastinated since money is so tight, but he's throwing up too much for my taste) and then I want to go grocery shopping before pay day so the lines aren't too long (only the military folks may understand that one).

And then dd wants a Germany outfit for her Christmas show -- does anyone know where I can get an applique for the flag? It would be easy to do by hand since it's stripes, but I'm not sure what thread colors to use where the black meets the red and the red meets the gold. I think Heather's Mickey heads would be too whimsical for this.

It sounds like you had a busy day. I don't have any suggestions for the applique but hopefully someone can point you to the right direction.

I LOVE the Chinese New Year shirt you made. The mitts came out really cute, I like how you used the Canadian fabric!

Thanks. I just chose a fabric that would appeal to both men and women. Though in retrospect, it was a good choice as we are the "immigrant" team - all of us are either first or second generation Canadians.

I picked up a few remnants of fleece to use with the Carla C Raglan Hoodie pattern I picked up on sale at YMCT the last time they had a sale. I got this Hulk fleece, enough of it to make 3 of the hoodies, one for my 5.5 year old nephew and one for each of my 3 year olds for $6. I also got the dark green, I had the black. For under $10 I got enough fleece to make 3 of these! Win!

This is the one for my nephew, who is a large kindergartener, modeled by one of my 3 year olds who wears about 3-4 sizes smaller than the nephew, hence the comically large shirt.

The pattern was super easy and went together really fast, I should have no problem whipping up the others in time for Christmas. I always see fleece in the remnant rack and never knew what to do with it, now I will have to keep a lookout, since we do have a fair number of cold months around here.

Great job on the hoodie. The model is just too cute!

QuestionI am trying to make Christmas jammies for my grandson using easy fits and a bowling shirt. I want to make the sleeves long. Has anyone done this? I am not sure if I just extend the length or if I need to taper the sleeve or something. If anyone has any idea how to do this I would love to hear your thoughts, ideas and experiences.

My first thought is to just lengthen the sleeves as sleep shirts tend not to have tapered sleeves.

Friday 11/23 - Magic Kingdom again. I didn't actually make these outfits. I bought them on Zulily. I am not thrilled with the quality however as the skirt separated from the yoke halfway through the day and this was the first time she work it.

And last but not least - Saturday 11/24 at Epcot. I love these dresses. I love the elastic casing in the back. The dress really came together very nicely and they looked so cute in them.

And just to show off the back of the dress

IMG_7295 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

IMG_7373 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

The Christmas dresses are just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the pictures of the outfits in action!

th_PB280130.jpg

th_PB280131.jpg

th_PB280132.jpg

I am sure your nephew will like the T-shirts. I think the Oliver+S dress needs a sash?

Thanks - I couldn't remember if I had posted Thanksgiving or not.

How weird that the dress fell apart. Your creations were much better made but those sets are really cute. I LOVE those Christmas dresses. The elastic on the back does make the dresses look like they fit well. The girls look so sweet.

th_PB280130.jpg

th_PB280131.jpg

th_PB280132.jpg
The shirts you made for your nephew came out so nice. What kind of marking pen/pencil do you use on the dark t-shirts?

That butterfly dress with the cats is sooooo cute. Where is that pattern from? I really do not need any more patterns but that dress is really cute.

The Oliver+S dress looks good but I like Flora's idea for a sash.

I agree the dress needs something. Not sure what. It sort of has a nightgown vibe.

I went to get thread for my serger at Hancock fabrics, not my fave but its closest. They had tons of fleece remnants on sale $3/yard. I got 2 yards of avengers for a throw blanket and possibly more sweatshirts for all 3 boys, plus enough agent P fleece for hoodies for my two. I also picked up $3 teal fleece throws at ikea the other day to embroider perry onto for the boys. I also picked up shelves for organizing my sewing stuff. I'm fighting a losing battle in trying to keep organized.
Started playing with serger today but need to spend some quality time with the book.
You did good at Hancock's. Adding the embroidery to the throws is a great idea.

Looking at prewound bobbins from marathon thread. I am planning to order the ones on this page http://marathonthread.com/prewound.shtml

ITEM# 14000P: FILTEC PLASTIC SIDED POLYESTER Filament Bobbin, 125yds, size "L"
(White) - 100 PCS

and

ITEM# 14000PB: FILTEC PLASTIC SIDED POLYESTER Filament Bobbin, 115yds, size "L"
(Black) - 100 PCS

just wanted to check these ones were good!

Hellooo! This would be me, rudely interupting your thread. Sadly, I am not talented and do not sew... well, a button, maybe!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you amazingly talented ladies could tell me if something I'd like to do is even possible. We are headed to Disney towards the end of February. My daughter has designed a mickey head for each family member. (think a farmer mickey, a priate mickey etc..) Is there any possible way to take the mickey heads she has created and turn them into those amazing embroidered mickey heads on tee shirts? For example, her farmer mickey is the plain black mickey head with a plain tan hat and a piece of straw coming from where mickeys mouth would be... Am I making any sense? Is this even possible? Or are there some sort of "premade" mickey heads that you use to embroider?

Hellooo! This would be me, rudely interupting your thread. Sadly, I am not talented and do not sew... well, a button, maybe!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you amazingly talented ladies could tell me if something I'd like to do is even possible. We are headed to Disney towards the end of February. My daughter has designed a mickey head for each family member. (think a farmer mickey, a priate mickey etc..) Is there any possible way to take the mickey heads she has created and turn them into those amazing embroidered mickey heads on tee shirts? For example, her farmer mickey is the plain black mickey head with a plain tan hat and a piece of straw coming from where mickeys mouth would be... Am I making any sense? Is this even possible? Or are there some sort of "premade" mickey heads that you use to embroider?

Well, taking her design and getting it in that format would require special digitizing software. There are places that will do custom stuff for you, but it is pricey for one time use things.

That being said, there are plenty of digitizes who have premade Mickey heads similar to what you are describing. Most of us like www.froufroubyheathersue.com

Then you would need an embroidery machine or someone who has one :goodvibes to stitch them out.

I bought the butterfly dress pattern the other day too
It was very easy. I know you really put off trying new patterns but this one was super easy and turned out cute.

I am sure your nephew will like the T-shirts. I think the Oliver+S dress needs a sash?
I like the idea of a sash but my niece isn't crazy about them. She likes loose, kind of swingy dresses for playing. I was thinking about adding pockets. That might get rid of that nightgown look it has now.

They had tons of fleece remnants on sale $3/yard. I got 2 yards of avengers for a throw blanket and possibly more sweatshirts for all 3 boys, plus enough agent P fleece for hoodies for my two. I also picked up $3 teal fleece throws at ikea the other day to embroider perry onto for the boys.

I agree that it totally has a nightgown vibe. We'll see what I can do to fix it up.

Sounds like you did really well on the fleece. My Hancocks has some great bargains from time to time too. I tend not to go there too often though because I don't like the shopping center where it is located.

The shirts you made for your nephew came out so nice. What kind of marking pen/pencil do you use on the dark t-shirts?

That butterfly dress with the cats is sooooo cute. Where is that pattern from? I really do not need any more patterns but that dress is really cute.
I used to buy those white markers for marking fabric but they never showed up well. Then my mom suggested buying old fashioned tailor's chalk. It works like a dream and it lasts a long time.

The Butterfly dress is a pattern that I bought on YCMT. They had that $5 sale last weekend. At first I didn't see anything that I wanted to buy but when I took a second look, this pattern caught my eye. It isn't like I needed any new patterns either.;)

Looking at prewound bobbins from marathon thread. I am planning to order the ones on this page http://marathonthread.com/prewound.shtml

ITEM# 14000P: FILTEC PLASTIC SIDED POLYESTER Filament Bobbin, 125yds, size "L"
(White) - 100 PCS

and

ITEM# 14000PB: FILTEC PLASTIC SIDED POLYESTER Filament Bobbin, 115yds, size "L"
(Black) - 100 PCS

just wanted to check these ones were good!
I don't know which one is the right one but I do want to say that I never use the black bobbin thread. I've always used white and it has been fine.

Did she design the Mickey heads on the computer? If so then the easiest thing to do would be to make them into heat transfers and iron them onto shirts. Getting designs digitized and then paying somebody to stitch them out for you would get expensive.

Thanks so much for alll your input. Having looked at some of the existing designs, her designs seem to be very similar.... she's 10, so she is pretty excited to think they are original...

for example, she wants a Mickey Head our of camo fabric for one of her brothers, Minnie head with different patterns of bows... So, could she take her ideas and hit the fabric store? for the camo, the pirate scarf, the minnie bows etc?

Sharing a couple things I made in the past few weeks that I haven't shared on this thread and not everyone is on FB or goes to my trip report.

Monsters Inc Set
monsters_zpse2b8961f.jpg

Vanellope Tee
vanellope.jpg

Peri and Tink
tinkperi.jpg

Jasmine and Genie
jasminegenie.jpg

So sad my Art Gallery Poetica fabric is dwindling and I love it for Princesses though I do have a different line I am crushing on.

My first thought is to just lengthen the sleeves as sleep shirts tend not to have tapered sleeves.

Thank you, that was my thought too but when I did it they were huge. Think easy fits for the arms. What I ended up doing is using the raglan sleeve. I took the size three bowling shirt sleve and attached the botom of the size 3 raglan sleeve and cut it that way. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Of course I have no idea if it worked until I get it in the mail and get it out to my grandson to try on, but it looks good to me. I'll post later when I have a minute. Now I have to get Christmas day outfits done and get all of this mailed hopefully Monday at the latest!

Chiara, your outfits look great! I have always loved your fabric choices, you really have a gift with that.

Been crazy busy with some projects (thanks everyone for your input on the simply sweet layering bodice thing. I went with the outer and a muslin liner. It's looking cute so far but I am in ruffle h-e-double-hockeysticks having never ruffled anything before, it's a whole new world...)

I did finish one thing I loved, it was simple but it was a birthday gift for a friend who is going to Disney World with our family. She is nuts for UP but no fabric exists in this universe I guess for UP, so I improvised with a clearance hoodie from Target and some cute appliqués. She loved it. I think it turned out great. I picked up two more of these hoodies for projects for me, someday.

Where did you find the grape soda applique design?

So now that we are back, it is time to think of Christmas. I want to make the girls Bean Bag Chairs for Christmas.

Does anyone 1) know of a good pattern for a bean bag chair and 2) know where I can get comfy stuffing. I hate the hard little ball things you find in a lot of bean bag chairs. I find them exceptionally uncomfortable. I'd prefer something softer - more like foam.

Hello all! been MIA from looking at all your beautiful creations for much to long!

I do have some special news to share, especially with everyone who helped us with our Hugs from Megan blanket project for the Orphanage in Haiti....Megan and I will be going done Jan 4 - 6 for the dedication!!! we are so blessed to be able to do this and we will be visiting the Hotel Montana and memorial garden as well...it will be a bittersweet trip for us with dealing with our emotions of being where my Jim died and the happiness of the dedication.

Thank you again to everyone who helped with the blankets, I know they will bring many smiles to the children...unfortunately I don't think we will be able to meet them when we go since they won't be quite ready for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter