Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Hi Ladies,

I need some honest opinions. This is my Snow White skirt that I'm working on. The bottom will be a wide red band like the yoke. The back is the same. Is this just too loud or silly for an adult woman to wear? Can you think of anything I could do to embellish it to polish the look a little bit? I will topstitch each seam.

th_B64F89C9-6FD6-461C-B1A5-289BA00CBF74-4963-0000065215BBD844.jpg

I'm in a full-on panic to get a few more things done since it looks like it will be cold! goteamwood - I hope you won't mind if I case your opposite colors easyfit pants idea! I made Christmas Mickey shorts for the boys, but I really don't think we're going to be wearing shorts very often. (I hope I'm wrong, but better safe than sorry!)

Thank you!
C.

I was going to suggest exactly what Sunny suggested: eliminate the yellow. But either way, at Disney, it would be fine. You're doing a great job on it!:thumbsup2 I hope the weather is good enough for shorts at least part of the time! We're leaving in 13 days and I'm packing twice as much as usual since the weather is so unpredictable. I'll be looking for your skirt while we're there and will say hello if I spot you!;)

I think it will be fine for Disney. Not like you are wearing it to the office.

I am prepping for next week when I bring my machine to my Dad's and get some sewing done there.
I have 8 things cut and ready to sew. I need a few notions but other than that, they are completely ready.
A tote for the teacher and 2 shirts and a skirt for me....
th_C5161FC7-A2CA-4388-8A73-D5B74FB21F61-3386-00000AA76CFAE16C.jpg

Slippers for me...
th_8D25F24A-04F8-47EE-9C57-C4DB8268413E-3386-00000AA780BA6595.jpg

Also some mittens for me out of sherpa backed suede.....
th_C4E04503-956B-49F7-98B0-D95B9A049FD5-3386-00000AA7883E934B.jpg

I also have a vintage jumper and top and a Feliz dress cut out and ready to be sewn. I am trying to do stuff for me since I have no little girl to try these dresses out on and am getting frustrated with making all this stuff and it never seeing the light of day. I have had to alter every pattern I have cut out to fit me. The tops all go from a 22 on the bust to and 18 on the hips. I also added an extra inch to the bust on one in length to cover my bust better. I made a muslin out of both tops already after alterations and they came out fitting perfectly. I also altered the tunic (dress pattern) so that there was no zipper in the back but I moved it to up a side seam so I could get it on over my bust. One of the shirts will be Mickey/bowling type shirt inspired and the other is Asian inspired and I will wear it on my trip in a few weeks. I will wear it to Epcot for the member mixer. My Mickey one I am hoping to wear to MK to visit Fantasyland.

Wow! You have a lot of projects! But, you're right, once you cut things out, the actual sewing goes fairly quickly. I enjoy each phase of the project I guess. It certainly is more fun to sew, but I like to cut it out too. I know, I'm a little strange.:rolleyes1 Good luck getting everything done!

Hey there!

I've been lurking here for YEARS and enjoying everyone's wonderful customs, and other sewing projects. :goodvibes I started sewing about a year ago, because of some of the lovely things I've seen on this thread, and I wanted to create my own cute things for my own kids. I wanted to share my first Disney project with you guys, since I've taken so much inspiration from you guys over the years!

th_571B6060-1FDD-48DD-B33D-54B8C7DAB0DB-2114-0000013147AB081D.jpg

It's a mei tai baby carrier with Minnie Mouse ears on the "sleep hood" (used to keep baby's head from flopping around if they fall asleep) for our WDW trip in February. I have a few carriers and wraps already, but I wanted a cute Disney baby carrier to carry my DD around in, but nothing was calling to me, so I designed my own off of another mei tai that I have. :cool1:

Thanks so much for looking! I've loved looking at everyone's projects so much!

Okay, seriously cute!! And the carrier isn't bad either!:rotfl: What a great idea, and you did a wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.;)

I feel like I have lost a week, or more, of my life. I was SO sick for literally a week after we got back, and I am just now getting back to normal. I still have a lingering cough. In all, I had a tummy bug, a bout with flu-like symptoms, and a terrible chest cough. Hubby and both kids got the tummy bug so I had to deal with all 3 of them puking over the course of two days. It was pretty awful. They all three bounced back like nothing happend though, of course.

Here is my latest project, I bought this fabric a while ago, maybe a couple of months, with the intention of making shirts for my kids' playmates who have a birthday this weekend, they are boy/girl twins and turning 3, they are only a couple weeks younger than my duo. They have a camping themed party Saturday, so I made these camp shirts. They are the Fishsticks everyday camp shirt pattern. I think they went together OK, but if I use it again I will leave off the pocket, it doesn't really add much I think and the shirt is so narrow that I feel like it takes up 1/2 of the shirt. I am glad I had the Carla C basics, I think this would have been a little confusing. The way she described measuring/calculating the button spacing I still don't understand. I sort of winged it.

The blue is the boy, the brown the girl. I had lofty aspirations of adding a ruffle to the girl shirt but I just wanted to be done. I figure a camp shirt should be sort of tomboyish, which this little girl is anyway. You will have to excuse the crummy photos, my good camera was broken 1/2 way through our Disney trip by one of my charming little birthday boys, and the lighting in my sewing room is terrible.

I have also managed to cut fabric for two different quilts for Christmas gifts, cut out 5 of the Carla C raglan hoodies from Fleece remnants, two for each of my boys and one for my nephew. And I signed up to do two shirts for the big give so I need to get cracking on those. Somehow my to-do list didn't get any shorter even though we are back from our trip. I also want to make a bowling shirt for my nephew for Christmas and matchy PJ pants for everyone for Christmas eve. My brother, nephew and mom are supposed to be coming from Colorado for Christmas, but now my mom might not be able to because she is having surgery next week.

I'm glad you are finally starting to feel better. My last bout with bronchitis seemed to go forever! It's not fun being sick for so long, and having to care for others in the midst of it is the pits! You poor thing.:sad2: Hopefully you'll get stronger each day. I found the worst thing was being so tired for so long. Be better!

Love the shirts! You did a really nice job on them. I agree with you're thoughts on the pocket. Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy between now and Christmas! Good luck and have fun with all your projects. :goodvibes

Hey there!

I've been lurking here for YEARS and enjoying everyone's wonderful customs, and other sewing projects. :goodvibes I started sewing about a year ago, because of some of the lovely things I've seen on this thread, and I wanted to create my own cute things for my own kids. I wanted to share my first Disney project with you guys, since I've taken so much inspiration from you guys over the years!

It's a mei tai baby carrier with Minnie Mouse ears on the "sleep hood" (used to keep baby's head from flopping around if they fall asleep) for our WDW trip in February. I have a few carriers and wraps already, but I wanted a cute Disney baby carrier to carry my DD around in, but nothing was calling to me, so I designed my own off of another mei tai that I have.

This turned out so awesome! I am sure you will have many people approaching your in WDW and wondering where you found it! :thumbsup2 I know this is totally dorky of me, but I love how the Minnie ears show whether the hood is on the baby or off. So sweet. And of course, your dd is just precious! princess:

I am glad you are starting to feel better. And I think the camp shirts turned out great - I see what you mean about the pocket though. I bet the kids will love them! :thumbsup2

D~

Hey there!

It's a mei tai baby carrier with Minnie Mouse ears on the "sleep hood" (used to keep baby's head from flopping around if they fall asleep) for our WDW trip in February. I have a few carriers and wraps already, but I wanted a cute Disney baby carrier to carry my DD around in, but nothing was calling to me, so I designed my own off of another mei tai that I have. :cool1:

That is an adorable carrier and baby.

That is OUTRAGEOUSLY CUTE! I love it. We had the Ergo carriers (still have them, just don't use them since my now-3-year-olds insist on running in opposite directions and can't stand being tied down.) and would have never thought to make my own. The ears are adorable. Funny, I was just going to post a question if anyone had ever added ears to a hoodie, I am planning to give it a whirl with a couple of fleece sweatshirts and was going to solicit advice. You did a great job! The baby is pretty cute too. ;)

I use ziplocs too, it helps me stay organized, well, more organized.

I feel like I have lost a week, or more, of my life. I was SO sick for literally a week after we got back, and I am just now getting back to normal. I still have a lingering cough. In all, I had a tummy bug, a bout with flu-like symptoms, and a terrible chest cough. Hubby and both kids got the tummy bug so I had to deal with all 3 of them puking over the course of two days. It was pretty awful. They all three bounced back like nothing happend though, of course.

Here is my latest project, I bought this fabric a while ago, maybe a couple of months, with the intention of making shirts for my kids' playmates who have a birthday this weekend, they are boy/girl twins and turning 3, they are only a couple weeks younger than my duo. They have a camping themed party Saturday, so I made these camp shirts. They are the Fishsticks everyday camp shirt pattern. I think they went together OK, but if I use it again I will leave off the pocket, it doesn't really add much I think and the shirt is so narrow that I feel like it takes up 1/2 of the shirt. I am glad I had the Carla C basics, I think this would have been a little confusing. The way she described measuring/calculating the button spacing I still don't understand. I sort of winged it.

The blue is the boy, the brown the girl. I had lofty aspirations of adding a ruffle to the girl shirt but I just wanted to be done. I figure a camp shirt should be sort of tomboyish, which this little girl is anyway. You will have to excuse the crummy photos, my good camera was broken 1/2 way through our Disney trip by one of my charming little birthday boys, and the lighting in my sewing room is terrible.

I have also managed to cut fabric for two different quilts for Christmas gifts, cut out 5 of the Carla C raglan hoodies from Fleece remnants, two for each of my boys and one for my nephew. And I signed up to do two shirts for the big give so I need to get cracking on those. Somehow my to-do list didn't get any shorter even though we are back from our trip. I also want to make a bowling shirt for my nephew for Christmas and matchy PJ pants for everyone for Christmas eve. My brother, nephew and mom are supposed to be coming from Colorado for Christmas, but now my mom might not be able to because she is having surgery next week.

Those are great shirts.

Hey there!

571B6060-1FDD-48DD-B33D-54B8C7DAB0DB-2114-0000013147AB081D.jpg
Just adorable! And the baby carrier is great too! :lmao: So creative the way you made the mouse ears and the bow. Welcome to the group and please share more things you've made!

I like putting the fabric together, I hate the cutting part. I am trying something different and trying to get everything I know I have picked out cut so I can just sew when I want to sew and not have to get everything out and iron and cut and blech ... !!! It's my plan to cut more tomorrow so I can start on my shirts on Monday for my trip and maybe have my skirt done too so I can see if my mother is the same size and likes the style to make a skirt for her too. I know she'll want hers shorter than mine but I'm just worried about the waist. I found that gallon Ziploc fit most everything. The only time that will get tricky is for the Feliz dress since I want to use embellishments and won't know what I want until I am sewing.
It sounds like you will be ready to sew, sew, sew once you get there!

I think they went together OK, but if I use it again I will leave off the pocket, it doesn't really add much I think and the shirt is so narrow that I feel like it takes up 1/2 of the shirt. I am glad I had the Carla C basics, I think this would have been a little confusing. The way she described measuring/calculating the button spacing I still don't understand. I sort of winged it.

I have also managed to cut fabric for two different quilts for Christmas gifts, cut out 5 of the Carla C raglan hoodies from Fleece remnants, two for each of my boys and one for my nephew. And I signed up to do two shirts for the big give so I need to get cracking on those. Somehow my to-do list didn't get any shorter even though we are back from our trip. I also want to make a bowling shirt for my nephew for Christmas and matchy PJ pants for everyone for Christmas eve.
I am glad that you are finally starting to feel better. It has been a long road for you since your trip. I hope that your mom's surgery goes will and that she can join you for Christmas. The camp shirts turned out great. I do agree that the pocket doesn't seem necessary and kind of takes away from the shirt on such a small size shirt. I think if it were a bigger shirt, it would be cute though. It sounds like you have a lot to do between now and Christmas. But you seem to be a fast sewer so I'm sure you will get it all done.

This week I made pool robes. Somebody posted a link to a free tutorial over the summer and it has been on my mind to make them since then. I am very happy with how they turned out. I alter the directions on the tutorial just slightly because I thought she cut too much off the sides of the towels and left the arm openings a but too small.
PB150118.jpg

PB150112.jpg

PB150111.jpg

dianemom2 said:
Just adorable! And the baby carrier is great too! :lmao: So creative the way you made the mouse ears and the bow. Welcome to the group and please share more things you've made!

It sounds like you will be ready to sew, sew, sew once you get there!

I am glad that you are finally starting to feel better. It has been a long road for you since your trip. I hope that your mom's surgery goes will and that she can join you for Christmas. The camp shirts turned out great. I do agree that the pocket doesn't seem necessary and kind of takes away from the shirt on such a small size shirt. I think if it were a bigger shirt, it would be cute though. It sounds like you have a lot to do between now and Christmas. But you seem to be a fast sewer so I'm sure you will get it all done.

This week I made pool robes. Somebody posted a link to a free tutorial over the summer and it has been on my mind to make them since then. I am very happy with how they turned out. I alter the directions on the tutorial just slightly because I thought she cut too much off the sides of the towels and left the arm openings a but too small.

Those pool robes are really cute. I love the snorkel Mickey and Minnie. I got those designs to make pool bags for my kids swim lessons and now we are on hiatus until spring and I never got around to it. I might have to steal the idea and make pool robes too. Are they just cut from a beach towel?

th_PB150118.jpg

th_PB150112.jpg

th_PB150111.jpg

Those robes are stinkin cute! Great job.:thumbsup2 I love the snorkel Minnie and Mickey!

I just got back from JoAnn's and found this Christmas fabric. I had never seen it before, so not sure if it's new. New to me, though, and at 65% off all Christmas fabric, I snagged a few yards.

AD1EE1B4.jpg

I just got back from JoAnn's and found this Christmas fabric. I had never seen it before, so not sure if it's new. New to me, though, and at 65% off all Christmas fabric, I snagged a few yards.

AD1EE1B4.jpg

AAAAAHHH - I'm trying to be super good and work from my stash (especially Disney related because I don't really have a good reason to buy more Mickey fabric) and then you go and show this! :bitelip:

Oh well, I'll just have to work on my will power.

I'm posting and running, but I love all the great items people posted!! Robes, carriers, shirts and all!!

Those robes are stinkin cute! Great job.:thumbsup2 I love the snorkel Minnie and Mickey!

AD1EE1B4.jpg

Darn you! I was just there yesterday and did not see this. Nor do I need it. But I *need* it if you know what I mean... it's a real problem. The licensed stuff was all 50% off so I did splurge on some Buzz and Woody flannel to make either PJ pants or pillowcases or maybe both for my kiddos. And I scored big in the remnants and got a couple licensed remnants that were 50% off 50% off so that was good. Hooray for remnants. I do need a little more fleece, which I usually try to score in the remnants too, so maybe I will just need to swing by there...

th_AD1EE1B4.jpg

Got some of that a few weeks ago, 3 yards I think. I'm not sure what I'll be doing with it but I might pair it with some of last year's design that I got over the summer. Crossing my fingers I can be good tomorrow when I go to the fabric store for notions and no fabric.

th_PB150118.jpg

th_PB150112.jpg

th_PB150111.jpg

The pool robes are cute! Great job!

th_AD1EE1B4.jpg

That is cute fabric! I can't wait to see what you'll make with it.

Those pool robes are really cute. I love the snorkel Mickey and Minnie. I got those designs to make pool bags for my kids swim lessons and now we are on hiatus until spring and I never got around to it. I might have to steal the idea and make pool robes too. Are they just cut from a beach towel?

The snorkel designs are very cute. They would make really cute designs on a pool bag too. They are cut from a bath towel. I looked for bath towels that didn't have the ribbed section. I found these at K-mart. They are not super duper thick which made them nicer to sew with. And as a nice bonus they were on sale for $2.75 per towel. You can't beat that price! Here is a link to the directions:
http://www.sewmamasew.com/store/media/blog/childspoolrobe.pdf

I mostly followed their directions but I did change the measurements for the sleeves. I cut them so that they would be looser in the width so that they could wear them for longer. These should last them a couple of years.

STOP Posting all that cute Mickey fabric. Even though I have both of those it makes me want to go and get some more:rolleyes1

I'm almost finished with one set of outfits. We'll wear these at DHS the day we're staying for the Osborne Lights and at MK for MVMCP, minus dd's outfit. She'll wear her Feliz dress to the party.

th_6971538ff59c3563d658b0168bc3def8.jpg

My skirt. Like with my Peter Pan skirt, it has a silk lining and side zipper
th_f46e98223f6def435c01d456ee11cabb.jpg

Regards,
C.

Carrie everything looks amazing!

With 4 day to go before we leave - I actually finished everything on my list! I counted it up last night when I was done. This is a 9 day trip. I made 11 dresses, 9 skirts and 19 tee-shirts. 1 dress and 1 skirt are for my neice. 3 Tees are for my nephew. 2 tees are for my neice and 2 tees (1 each) for the older neices. The rest for my 2 girls.

Here is the stash laid out last night on the bed.

IMG_6255 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

I can't wait for Thursday!

I hope you are having a magical time!

Plus, what if you use your fabric and then come up with a brilliant use for that same fabric and now you don't have it anymore! OK, I have a problem too.

Welcome to the club ----> FHA (Fabric Hoarders Anonymous)

Hi, I have been lurking and reading this thread for ages. I'm finally ready to come out of hiding. :) I am currently making over my work space and just ordered the brother cs6000 that gets such good reviews. Can I post a picture of my craft room when I get it ready? I would love to show it off to somebody, and we don't really have any friends or family closeby. (My husband is in the marine corp.). My first project is actually going to be curtains for our kitchen so not disney. But I would still like to post a pic anyway if that's ok. Everyone here has inspired me to get going on learning to sew and it is a goal I have had for a looong time, so thank you!! I know I will never be able to keep up with the flow of conversation bc you all move way to fast for me. But I thought i would introduce myself anyway and jump right in.

:welcome: And please do post pictures... we love pictures!!!

I've never seen a more friendly, helpful, encouraging group of people anywhere on the DIS!! The Disboutiquers rock :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Here's last night's work:

Dh and the boys will wear these while dd wears her Snow White costume in MK one day and DHS another. The boys have the logo on the front and back.

th_2d613fc3c37d57e0a9723aac2cfce534.jpg

Regards,
C.

Those came out great too!

I guess what I should really ask is if a machine like the pe770 that I have seen mentioned can do embroidery like what has been shown on here. That is my real question. Expense is relative and we all know from being on here there is a wide range. Anyways I really love embroidery but don't have thousands to spend and I do not understand hoop size but I do love these designs and if some of the things I have seen have been done on the pe770 that would help me know the possibilities. Thanks!

I just recently upgraded to a 6x10 hoop but everything I made the past two years was done on a PE770

I can't take the credit the credit for this .... I bought this panel on Etsy (someone on this thread posted about it)

and a friend of mine at work made me this wall hanging

th_P1020889-1-2.jpg

She did a great job on it! I plan on hanging it on the wall in my spare bedroom/sewing room when ever I finally get my DD to clear out all her stuff. She moved out 2 years ago and hasn't made much progress

Love that. I reminds me of WL ♥!

I finished one of the Christmas skirts this afternoon and am almost finished with the second one.

th_9FE46BE4.jpg

Pretty!

The first project was a T-shirt made using the Easy Cap Sleeve Tee pattern from youcanmakethis. It ended up being too big. The next time I will just use my size from off the rack T-shirts. I decided to add the embroidery just for the fun of it. It also shows what a 4x4 embroidery would look like on an adult sized top.
th_CapSleeveTee.jpg

Some of you may recall that I talked about making something for Chinese New Year last year. I finally found a pattern that could work. I am not entirely happy with how this turned out but I suppose it will do for 1 day a year. The top is too short and my mid-section shows if I am not being careful. I had the fabric for a long time and I finally worked up the courage to cut into it.
th_MandarinCollarShirt.jpg

Thanks for looking

Everything is cute. I love your Chinese New Year shirt.

How was the pattern for the capsleeve tshirt?

When I went on my Honeymoon I left my mom with the spare key to my DH's apartment. (the one I would be living in starting as soon as I got back) When we returned from Disney (where else?) all of my stuff had been packed and brought from my mom's place to the apartment. She then told DH that it was a Final Sale and there would be no returns or exchanges on me, lol.

:rotfl2:

And Diane that sounds like my mom. I have been married for 16 years and she keeps bringing stuff to my house every once in a while. And stuff she doesn't want she now gives to the kids:sad2:

Hey there!

I've been lurking here for YEARS and enjoying everyone's wonderful customs, and other sewing projects. I started sewing about a year ago, because of some of the lovely things I've seen on this thread, and I wanted to create my own cute things for my own kids. I wanted to share my first Disney project with you guys, since I've taken so much inspiration from you guys over the years!

Love the carrier! I just love pink polka dots.... reminds me of Minnie ♥

I feel like I have lost a week, or more, of my life. I was SO sick for literally a week after we got back, and I am just now getting back to normal. I still have a lingering cough. In all, I had a tummy bug, a bout with flu-like symptoms, and a terrible chest cough. Hubby and both kids got the tummy bug so I had to deal with all 3 of them puking over the course of two days. It was pretty awful. They all three bounced back like nothing happened though, of course.

Cute shirts... and glad you are finally feeling better.

th_PB150118.jpg

Those are adorable!

The snorkel designs are very cute. They would make really cute designs on a pool bag too. They are cut from a bath towel. I looked for bath towels that didn't have the ribbed section. I found these at K-mart. They are not super duper thick which made them nicer to sew with. And as a nice bonus they were on sale for $2.75 per towel. You can't beat that price! Here is a link to the directions:

I mostly followed their directions but I did change the measurements for the sleeves. I cut them so that they would be looser in the width so that they could wear them for longer. These should last them a couple of years.

Thanks for the link. I have been wanting to make something for the boys since I can only find girl stuff at the stores.

Hi Everyone!!!

I know you arent all on facebook, but I wanted to ask if there was anyone who would specifically pray at 1pm eastern time for my cousin Steve Piasecki. He was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer on Friday and is having a PET scan tomorrow which will tell us how far it has spread. I was hoping that we could unite together in prayer for just a few moments that Steve and his wife Sue and their 6 kids would feel peace and acceptance of whatever is in store for our family. When we were over the other night (when they told us) he was trying to keep himself from thinking the worse - "I have 3 girls to walk down the aisle" - the first one this July!!!! Bekah is getting married then, Elizabeth is 10 and Hannah is 6. Thanks friends!!
th_MarahWedding.jpg

Wendy I have been following along and just wanted to let you know your family is in my prayers.:grouphug:

Hey there!

571B6060-1FDD-48DD-B33D-54B8C7DAB0DB-2114-0000013147AB081D.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! How much to make me a Mickey one - I need it in under two weeks, LOL - I'm only joking (well sorta, I do want one). It is too cute!

Having fun at Disney - Wanted to show the girls in action last night at MVMCP.

The dresses look great and I love the youngest one's face in both pictures. I also like how you layered under the dresses instead of over them. Great idea !

Thanks for the welcome and all the comments, everyone! :goodvibes I've been kind of intimidated to post here because y'all are so talented!!!

That is OUTRAGEOUSLY CUTE! I love it. We had the Ergo carriers (still have them, just don't use them since my now-3-year-olds insist on running in opposite directions and can't stand being tied down.) and would have never thought to make my own. The ears are adorable. Funny, I was just going to post a question if anyone had ever added ears to a hoodie, I am planning to give it a whirl with a couple of fleece sweatshirts and was going to solicit advice. You did a great job! The baby is pretty cute too. ;)

I used this tutorial as a guide for my hood. It would be a bit different as you're using a pre-made sweatshirt, but I imagine where you make the cuts would be similar. :)

Very Cool !! I love how it looks and can't wait to see what else you've done. You are very brave for making a baby carrier. I don't know if I trust my sewing enough to hold up something so precious. maybe by the time my sister has her's I will. Where did you get the pattern for the basic part of it ?

I started with this tutorial for a DIY mei tai, and used her instructions for the basic construction of the carrier. In fact, I used her strap and padded waist belt instructions pretty much to the letter. I did completely change the shape of the body and just traced a carrier that I already own and love, because I already knew that the shape would work for me. ;) I also decided to do a hoodie style hood instead of the flat hood in the tutorial.... mostly because the ears would work better on a hoodie hood than a flat one. :lmao:

This above tutorial pattern has 3 lines of stitching and an x-box securing the shoulder straps, and 5 lines of stitching securing the waist belt - I compared my finished product with my Ergo carrier, and I believe that my DIY mei tei is actually more sturdy (larger seam allowances and more lines of stitching) than the Ergo! ;)

This turned out so awesome! I am sure you will have many people approaching your in WDW and wondering where you found it! :thumbsup2 I know this is totally dorky of me, but I love how the Minnie ears show whether the hood is on the baby or off. So sweet. And of course, your dd is just precious! princess:

Hehe, I actually positioned the ears deliberately so that they would show off when the hood is hanging.... which I guess makes me more dorky! :lmao: My DH commented that maybe the ears should be farther back and I was like, "but then you won't be able to see them when the hood is down!!!"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! How much to make me a Mickey one - I need it in under two weeks, LOL - I'm only joking (well sorta, I do want one). It is too cute!

Haha! It's actually a pretty easy pattern for the carrier - the hood took me a bit of trial and error to get the ears right, but it was mostly just playing around with ear angles. I'm sure you could put together a Mickey one in no time! :goodvibes

I LOVE your pool covers! Thanks for posting the link to the pattern - I'm going to have to try making one with the adorable striped towels that I saw at Ikea! Your embroidery is also fantastic. :) I can never decide if an embroidery machine or a serger is next on my list of sewing "wants"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter