Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

That is wonderful, Flora! Congratulations to you and your husband for such discipline. I hope you'll treat yourself to an amazing machine after such hard work!!

Regards,
C.

Awww thanks. I guess we just did the little things that added up. I have been researching different machines. We will probably wait until the next time DH or I go to the States to buy it to take advantage of the lower prices.

Bummer about not bringing your Minnie bag... Super excited to do a Dismeet this week though!

I cannot believe how big your dd has gotten, she is just precious! I love the dress too - I've been hoarding that same fabric, and dd just got a cool peter pan shirt at Target yesterday... Hmmm... I see a cute wrap skirt with that fabric for our trip in the future. :thumbsup2

D~

I am super excited about the meet too! I think I am going to visit the Target store here sometime tomorrow to see if I can find this Peter Pan shirt!

WOO HOO and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And while I agree that you ARE fortunate, please don't deny us all the opportunity to rejoice WITH you! Well done!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Sunshine

Thanks. I will make sure that I share my happy dance when I get the new machine! :)

Help, I need your help! I have a Brother 2003D embroidery sewing machine. The shop where I go for service has a 2011 Quattro D gently used for $5K with a ton of extras. List is probably $10K for everything. Do any of you have this machine? It does so much more than mine. I presently use 3 1/2 disks this has USB, auto thread, cuts jump threads, larger embroidery area, deeper throat, I think it can sew with the embroider hoop attached

I think you should go for a test drive and see if you like it. I would probably upgrade if I were in your shoes and had the money available.

I agree that Flora deserves a HUGE round of applause for paying off her mortgage. Way to go Flora!:dance3:

Have you seen the new Lauren pattern from Funktional Threads? It seems to be equally as popular as the Grace pattern already. It is a very cute pattern. She just released it on her FB page but I don't think it is on any of the other sites yet.

Thanks :) I am still shocked that we managed to pull it off really. I will have to check out the Lauren pattern. Maybe it would be good for a future Give?

Well here is DD2's Halloween costume. Had trouble with the Jessie applique, her pants should've been white, but it said black. Oh well. We are going to pumpkin patch tomorrow, so it will have to do.

th_20121025_194023.jpg

th_20121025_194810.jpg

I wouldn't have noticed the pants if you didn't point it out. It's not like my Bullseye with the grass stained hooves!

Love the Lauren dress. Will need to get this soon!

Well here is DD2's Halloween costume. Had trouble with the Jessie applique, her pants should've been white, but it said black. Oh well. We are going to pumpkin patch tomorrow, so it will have to do.

20121025_194023.jpg

20121025_194810.jpg

Very cute! I think the appliqué is fine, it's like a zebra: white on black or black on white. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Now if it had been pink on yellow or something...

I am glad to say we are all packed and I managed to get everything into one large and 2 small suitcases. I did have to spread out stuff into the boys backpacks, so there is a potential they will be tipping over backward in the airport. I totally made them carry their own pullups, wipes, spare clothing and snacks. In addition to coloring books and some misc surprises. I mean, they are almost 3, they should start chipping in, right? I got everything packed and realized I forgot to pull out an outfit for them to wear on the plane and for our checkin day. And no I didn't go make another! I just dug thru and sat on the suitcase again to get it closed.

The boys and I spent the morning at the pumpkin patch with some other twin families, a total of 7 sets of twins 2-3 years old. I am beyond exhausted. My kids ate their weight in cider donuts, and even asked if there would be donuts at WDW? I promised them there would be plenty of treats. (Birthday cake for breakfast, anyone?) I only lost track of my kids a dozen or so times and had only one small incident where one climbed into, and I am not making this up, the alpaca pen. Sigh. SO GLAD we are bringing two extra adults with us to Disney. A 2:1 adult:tot ratio might just help us survive. I am probably not gonna be around here for the next week or so but if you're interested I will be posting on FB and my family blog go team wood dot com. I'll be back to post action shots when we're back.

Jen

I am sorry but I am missing a bunch of quotes. Everyone was been posting some great things.

Shannon, the outfit you made for your DD is so cute.

Cheryl, the slip cover came out great. You should definitely get an invite out of that.

And that captain hook is so cute.

goteamwood said:
I finished, finally, safari minnie. You'd never guess this was one of the toughest darn projects. I think it is just fatigue and bad luck. I was able to salvage the 1st of 2 ruined shirts by making the appliqué on felt, then attaching it to the shirt on top of mis-aligned Minnie. I actually like the way it came out better than it was before (other than the alignment issue of course) since the tan felt sort of outlines it on the dark shirt. So bad turned good. of course the thing is about an inch thick, ]
I absolutely love all of the things you have made. The wall-e shirts are so cool. I have that same fabric too but I love the way you used it. The monsters inc is my absolute favorite. Love the b-day outfits

ivey_family said:
I finished a new version of a dress I made last year. We're re-using our Peter Pan outfits from last year's trip, but my dd has grown out of hers. I used the last of my PP fabric and made the dress extra large with a deep hem so she can wear it for several years. (The kids and I wear these outfits at church a lot.) Both are from CarlaC's Precious Dress pattern.

Last year's version:

The new version:

The skirt is two layers instead of a band of green at the bottom and I left off the ties since I just didn't have enough fabric. I made the skirt as full as possible, but nearly had a heart attack while gathering it that it wouldn't gather tightly enough to fit. It worked, but by millimeters! Phew!

Oh, I almost forgot to explain the mod I did on the sleeve bands. (Although, I think you might have done something similar on your Meg dresses, Diane!) the Precious Dress has a clunky sleeve band application, so instead I cut two rectangles on the bias. The length is the same as the pattern piece, and the width is 2x desired finished width + 2x seam allowance. Fold it in half, wrong sides together and apply to edge of sleeve after gathering. I then stitch the seam allowance down after finishing the side seams. Hope that makes sense. Here's a close-up:

I'm close to being done with a Feliz which I'm excited about, though I can't say I love working with that pattern.

Back to work I go.
Regards,
C.
Oh my, your DD has gotten so big. Love the new dress and thanks for the tip on the sleeves. I REFUSE to hand sew.

PurpleEars said:
I don't recall having problems on page 92. Hopefully it was just a one-time glitch.

I am impressed that you remember my "rule" prior to a new embridery machine! Actually, we paid off our mortgage earlier this year, before we left for our August trip :cheer2:! I have been keeping it low key as I know we are extremely fortunate to be in this situation, to be mortage free especially given our age. No, we did not win the lottery or got an inheritance or anything like that, we just kept on putting pennies away whenever possible.

The new dress looks beautiful! I hope she will get a few years of wear out of it. I am glad that I am not the only one who wears Disney customs to church :).

Your DD has grown a lot since the first picture was taken! She looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of your Feliz!
Flora - congrats on paying off your mortgage. That is an accomplishment that deserves celebrating. You will be on your way to a new machine in no time.

BabyRapunzel said:

Cute. My DD was Jessie one year and I still love all Jessie's.

197256_4418125365316_224807791_n.jpg

This is the outfit that has taught me so much and caused me lots and lots of frustration but it is finally finished and my DD looks so stinking cute in it that it was all worth it! The legs are the same length and the arms match in real life!! I promise :)

Love the Jessie outfit and I totally agree that it is like a zebra with the black and white or white and black.

I agree that Flora deserves a HUGE round of applause for paying off her mortgage. Way to go Flora!:dance3:

Have you seen the new Lauren pattern from Funktional Threads? It seems to be equally as popular as the Grace pattern already. It is a very cute pattern. She just released it on her FB page but I don't think it is on any of the other sites yet.

Now I am going to have to go and check out our Target for those! My husband isn't going to be too happy because I can NEVER stick to my shopping list when I go to Target.

I have a Babylock Ellageo 3, which I understand is the twin of your Brother 2003D. I just upgraded to a new-to-me Brother Innovis 4000D. I really like it quite a bit. It does cut the jump threads, has a USB and has the automatic threader. I am very happy with the new machine. The Quattro should have quite a few additional features over the Innovis since it is a few years old already. From what I understand, you can't sew with the embroidery hoop attached but you can sew with the embroidery unit on the machine. If you used your 2003D a lot, then I am sure you will love the Quattro even more. Who doesn't love bells and whistles???

LOL They had lots of cute shirts on clearance... I know - I have to go to Target today too... :sick:

Well, I ran over there, but all they had was a Lost Boys shirt with a split back. Too trendy and pink for my needs, but your girls may like it, Diane! There was a Thumper one too, btw.

I did find a cute knit dress for dd that I intend to embroider on. Nope, I can't stay on list at Target either.

Yes, I've seen the Lauren dress and am on her FB page. I just haven't bought them yet. :)

Regards,
C.

Yah - I didn't tell you about those, but my oldest dd got The Lost Boys one (it's so sinkin' cute), and she got the Thumper one, and one other too, oh - there was a Chessire Cat one. I think I paid $15 total for all 4 shirts. My youngest really wants the Lost Boys one - that one is just adorable... I agree, not sure about the split back, but they just wear tank tops under them (they wear tanks under everything).

20121025_194023.jpg

20121025_194810.jpg

This turned out precious!

I am super excited about the meet too! I think I am going to visit the Target store here sometime tomorrow to see if I can find this Peter Pan shirt!

I can't wait to meet up either! It will be so fun!!!

This is the outfit that has taught me so much and caused me lots and lots of frustration but it is finally finished and my DD looks so stinking cute in it that it was all worth it! The legs are the same length and the arms match in real life!! I promise :)

Love the Jessie outfit and I totally agree that it is like a zebra with the black and white or white and black.

Great job!!! I love the fabrics you chose!

Way to go! Last time I was caught up was 3 years ago, right before my daughter was born. LOL! :lmao:

LOL Adi... I feel your pain - I am almost never caught up over here anymore.

D~

Well, I ran over there, but all they had was a Lost Boys shirt with a split back. Too trendy and pink for my needs, but your girls may like it, Diane! There was a Thumper one too, btw.

I did find a cute knit dress for dd that I intend to embroider on. Nope, I can't stay on list at Target either.

Yes, I've seen the Lauren dress and am on her FB page. I just haven't bought them yet. :)

Regards,
C.

List???? Someone makes a list for Target??? :rotfl2:

And thanks for the explanation of the pattern name.;)

th_20121025_194023.jpg

th_20121025_194810.jpg

This is adorable! Love it!

Sorry it gave you so much trouble, but it turned out beautifully! Next one will go easier, I promise! Great job!:thumbsup2

Well, I am planning to head over to our Target to check out the shirts after I make my side dish for tonight's pot luck dinner. The pink/split back sounds right up my middle schoolers' alley! I can definitely understand why you didn't like it as an adult though.

That turned out just great! I also agree that I'd never notice that you did the pants black with white spots instead of white with black spots. Nobody else will ever notice either. Especially on a moving child! I have had the exact same materials for ages, planning to make an Insa skirt just like that but it keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

Awww thanks. I guess we just did the little things that added up. I have been researching different machines. We will probably wait until the next time DH or I go to the States to buy it to take advantage of the lower prices.

I will have to check out the Lauren pattern. Maybe it would be good for a future Give?
What machine do you think you will end up purchasing? Are you going to buy something brand new or something that is new to you? So far, I am very happy with my new to me machine and I feel like I saved so much money over the cost of the brand new one. It was so much fun to play with the new machines at the Expo though. Maybe you can find a way to combine going to the Sewing Expo when it is in Orlando with a trip to Disney. Wouldn't that be wonderful!

That is an adorable dress! It looks great! Sorry that it gave you such a hard time but think of everything you learned by sewing it. And where did you find that adorable Hello Kitty fabric?

Yah - I didn't tell you about those, but my oldest dd got The Lost Boys one (it's so sinkin' cute), and she got the Thumper one, and one other too, oh - there was a Chessire Cat one. I think I paid $15 total for all 4 shirts. My youngest really wants the Lost Boys one - that one is just adorable... I agree, not sure about the split back, but they just wear tank tops under them (they wear tanks under everything).
I guess I will have to look to see what our Target has left. I agree that the kids wear tank tops under everything! In fact, one of the things I will be looking for at Target is some replacement tank tops. My girls really like those Sugar Lips tanks but they are quite a bit more expensive than the regular tank tops.

th_20121025_194810.jpg

She is just adorable! Love those boots, too!

Very cute! Do we get to see a modeled pic? :)

Well, I am planning to head over to our Target to check out the shirts after I make my side dish for tonight's pot luck dinner. The pink/split back sounds right up my middle schoolers' alley! I can definitely understand why you didn't like it as an adult though.

I hope you find the shirts! I might try another Target or two today. We have a bunch pretty close.

Ok, I finished the Feliz last night. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not anxious to make another anytime soon. ;) I changed the pattern just slightly and attached the straps on the inside in the back instead of inside the seam. She needs them really short right now, but then I can adjust it next year without tearing major seams apart. Now I have to teach dd how to twirl! :goodvibes

Front:
2942292F-D730-4953-9C1C-44D0067F164F-2005-0000023E39011A05.jpg

Back:
8C110B13-66F9-4554-9A62-CAD1EAA57671-2005-0000023E42220A30.jpg

Ruffles!
C165BBB8-848B-452B-9280-B7B0B2E29A44-2005-0000023E4ACEB1AA.jpg

So, now to shift gears to Christmas Mickey shorts for the boys and a skirt for me. Then I'll need to get all our tshirts prepped. We're spending Thanksgiving weekend at my parents in TN on our way down to WDW, so I'll be embroidering about 12 shirts in 2-3 days while there. Most of them are super simple designs, though, so it should go pretty quickly if I have everything marked and stabilized ahead of time. :scared: ;)

Regards,
C.

Thank you all! Thank for the encouragement to get it finished too. I did learn A LOT as it is my very first pattern and only my second sewing project (EVER)!

The Hello Kitty Fabric came from Walmart.

K was a moving target when we got her to try on the outfit so this is the best of the shots that I have so far :)

197400_4418246208337_856003966_n.jpg

I guess I will have to look to see what our Target has left. I agree that the kids wear tank tops under everything! In fact, one of the things I will be looking for at Target is some replacement tank tops. My girls really like those Sugar Lips tanks but they are quite a bit more expensive than the regular tank tops.

Honestly Diane - I have found the that Hollister tank tops are cheaper (and nicer) than the Target ones. :thumbsup2

Ok, I finished the Feliz last night. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not anxious to make another anytime soon. ;) I changed the pattern just slightly and attached the straps on the inside in the back instead of inside the seam. She needs them really short right now, but then I can adjust it next year without tearing major seams apart. Now I have to teach dd how to twirl! :goodvibes

Front:

Back:
8C110B13-66F9-4554-9A62-CAD1EAA57671-2005-0000023E42220A30.jpg

Ruffles!
C165BBB8-848B-452B-9280-B7B0B2E29A44-2005-0000023E4ACEB1AA.jpg

So, now to shift gears to Christmas Mickey shorts for the boys and a skirt for me. Then I'll need to get all our tshirts prepped. We're spending Thanksgiving weekend at my parents in TN on our way down to WDW, so I'll be embroidering about 12 shirts in 2-3 days while there. Most of them are super simple designs, though, so it should go pretty quickly if I have everything marked and stabilized ahead of time. :scared: ;)

Regards,
C.

That turned out just precious!!! I just love it! I love all those fabrics paired together, and the ruffles are adorable. And great idea thinking ahead - that's what I love about sewing, you can totally tailor anything to your particular needs and uses. :thumbsup2

Thank you all! Thank for the encouragement to get it finished too. I did learn A LOT as it is my very first pattern and only my second sewing project (EVER)!

K was a moving target when we got her to try on the outfit so this is the best of the shots that I have so far :)

That looks adorable on her!

D~

ivey_family said:

Front:

Back:

Ruffles!

Regards,
C.
that dress is so pretty. Love how you used the striped fabric. Good idea about pre marking and stabilizing the shirts. That is the worst part anyway.

4HppyCamprs said:

Cute fabric and your DD is so sweet. I love that she is so little that she can use your sewing table as the "cat walk".

D and Diane - I am taking notes about shopping for teens since my daughter is in middle school now! She saw all those Disney shirts in Target and was wanting all the shirts in the toddler section. I think she is too self conscious to wear the Disney stuff to school. She also loves hello kitty but will not wear that to school either. I think she is still too young for that stuff to be "cool". She has a hard enough time getting people to believe she is in middle school school, she is pretty short for her grade.

Oh I love the Felize dress but it looks very intimidating to me! Great job!! Love the idea of having the straps accessible for adjusting!

@DMGeurts I also found out that tank tops from Hollister are cheaper and nicer than Target ones. I always buy online from Hollister (mostly because from time to they release new coupon codes).

If it helps someone, I found out that Hollister released a new 25% off coupon code these days for Halloween (until 28 October 2012). They always release 20% off coupons, so a 25% off is a super nice one these days. I haven't seen 25% off in months. This is the code for 25% off - 35525. :)

You could also find more Hollister coupons here:
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/hollisterco.com
http://www.printablecouponsbirthday.com/hollister-promo-codes/

Ok, I finished the Feliz last night. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not anxious to make another anytime soon. ;)

Front:

Your dd is adorable in that dress! Once you get shorts for your boys and a skirt for you all made up, you will look awesome together. Is your DH getting anything to match with the family?

You did a great job on the dress but it is interesting that you don't want to make the Feliz again. I've looked at it several times and then put it away and never made it. So many people just love it but I am kind of neutral on the pattern.

It sounds like you have a good plan for getting your shirts done. I hope that it goes quickly for you. 12 shirts in 2 or 3 days is a lot. But I'm sure you have such good inspiration for finishing them since you'll be wearing them the following week.

Awwwww, it is even cuter on your adorable little girl!

Honestly Diane - I have found the that Hollister tank tops are cheaper (and nicer) than the Target ones. :thumbsup2
D~
We haven't ever tried the Hollister tank tops. I did ok at Target today. I found some nice camis for the girls for $2.40 each. They were the same as some that I got them over the summer so I know that they like them. I'm still looking for a good source to buy the Sugar Lips for cheap. At $10 or $12 per tank top, they are so expensive!

I did not find ANY Disney shirts at our Target today. And I asked one of the sales ladies and she looked at me like I was nuts. Maybe tomorrow I will try the other Target that isn't too far away or I might email my MIL to check at her Target in Florida.

D and Diane - I am taking notes about shopping for teens since my daughter is in middle school now! She saw all those Disney shirts in Target and was wanting all the shirts in the toddler section. I think she is too self conscious to wear the Disney stuff to school. She also loves hello kitty but will not wear that to school either. I think she is still too young for that stuff to be "cool". She has a hard enough time getting people to believe she is in middle school school, she is pretty short for her grade.
It sounds like your dd is not much younger than my two. My girls are 12 and 13. My 13 yo is super style conscious. The younger one is just slightly less into fashion. My younger dd loves anything with Mickey or Disney on it as long as it is done in a teen acceptable style. The girls have found various Disney items at Forever 21 and they just love that store. They each picked out a Disney sweatshirt there when we did our fall clothes shopping.

Hello Kitty is very popular with the middle school crowd here. I did notice that they had lots of Hello Kitty stuff on the 70% off rack in Target today but my girls have said that they already have enough Hello Kitty stuff.

My older dd is also very, very short. She is 4' 10" and we're pretty sure she is mostly done growing. However, the size of her mouth definitely makes up for her lack of height. My dad always called her "Mighty Mouth" and it is true.:rotfl: She is used to people thinking that she is younger than she really is. She just recently decided that being short is a good thing though because she realized that she can shop for shoes in the adult section and the kids section. That paid off when we found her a pair of Uggs at Nordstroms rack for $30! They were in the kids section.

I had a lot of quotes but lost them all somehow. I love everything.... it is all so cute and so well done. Wall-E shirts are great, jessie looks awesome, and the little top and pants is sweet. I like the Peter Pan fabric too. Never seen it used before and I like how it looks as a garment.

th_20121025_194023.jpg

th_20121025_194810.jpg

Your little cowgirl is adorable.

She is just adorable! Love those boots, too!

Very cute! Do we get to see a modeled pic? :)

I hope you find the shirts! I might try another Target or two today. We have a bunch pretty close.

Front:
th_2942292F-D730-4953-9C1C-44D0067F164F-2005-0000023E39011A05.jpg

Back:
th_8C110B13-66F9-4554-9A62-CAD1EAA57671-2005-0000023E42220A30.jpg

Ruffles!
th_C165BBB8-848B-452B-9280-B7B0B2E29A44-2005-0000023E4ACEB1AA.jpg

Regards,
C.

Your little one and her dress are beautiful.

I love the outfit and your daughter is too cute.

I am glad to say we are all packed and I managed to get everything into one large and 2 small suitcases. I did have to spread out stuff into the boys backpacks, so there is a potential they will be tipping over backward in the airport. I totally made them carry their own pullups, wipes, spare clothing and snacks. In addition to coloring books and some misc surprises. I mean, they are almost 3, they should start chipping in, right? I got everything packed and realized I forgot to pull out an outfit for them to wear on the plane and for our checkin day. And no I didn't go make another! I just dug thru and sat on the suitcase again to get it closed.

The boys and I spent the morning at the pumpkin patch with some other twin families, a total of 7 sets of twins 2-3 years old. I am beyond exhausted. My kids ate their weight in cider donuts, and even asked if there would be donuts at WDW? I promised them there would be plenty of treats. (Birthday cake for breakfast, anyone?) I only lost track of my kids a dozen or so times and had only one small incident where one climbed into, and I am not making this up, the alpaca pen. Sigh. SO GLAD we are bringing two extra adults with us to Disney. A 2:1 adult:tot ratio might just help us survive. I am probably not gonna be around here for the next week or so but if you're interested I will be posting on FB and my family blog go team wood dot com. I'll be back to post action shots when we're back.

Jen

Have a fantastic trip! I can't wait to see the action shots when you get back!

The outfit looks beautiful! I hope the learning process was useful and I am sure the next outfit will go much more smoothly!

What machine do you think you will end up purchasing? Are you going to buy something brand new or something that is new to you? So far, I am very happy with my new to me machine and I feel like I saved so much money over the cost of the brand new one. It was so much fun to play with the new machines at the Expo though. Maybe you can find a way to combine going to the Sewing Expo when it is in Orlando with a trip to Disney. Wouldn't that be wonderful!

I am seriously looking at the Brother 6-needle machine at this point. DH is totally supportive of me getting one of those beasts because he knows I want to be able to do more for the Gives. I feel limited in what I can do for the Gives at times because of my current machine. I have been reading reviews on it and people seem to like it. I will need to check into the warranty issue if we decide to go the cross border shopping route. I actually missed a sewing expo last weekend. I was too busy getting ready for my Minneapolis trip that I totally forgot about it.

Front:
th_2942292F-D730-4953-9C1C-44D0067F164F-2005-0000023E39011A05.jpg

Back:
th_8C110B13-66F9-4554-9A62-CAD1EAA57671-2005-0000023E42220A30.jpg

Ruffles!
th_C165BBB8-848B-452B-9280-B7B0B2E29A44-2005-0000023E4ACEB1AA.jpg

Regards,
C.

The Feliz looks beautiful. Your modification sounds smart so your DD can get the most out of the dress. Your plan of marking and stabilizing the shirts ahead of time sounds great.

This outfit looks even better when modelled. Great job!

I did not find ANY Disney shirts at our Target today. And I asked one of the sales ladies and she looked at me like I was nuts. Maybe tomorrow I will try the other Target that isn't too far away or I might email my MIL to check at her Target in Florida.

I also did not find any Disney shirts at Target today. I walked over to the one in downtown Minneapolis during our conference lunch break today (by the way, I am really liking their Skyway system!) I went through all the racks and I only found a couple pairs of Oswald pajama shorts. The only Disney things I saw were Mickey/Minnie slipper socks and they were NOT on sale.

One more day and I will be meeting ~D before heading home. I can't wait to be home as I have been travelling for work quite a bit lately. I had to travel somewhere every week for the last 5 weeks. Thankfully I don't need to travel for at least a month after this trip.

Honestly - teen shopping sucks. LOL :rotfl2: They just suck all the $$ right out of you, and 5 minutes later are rolling their eyes. :crazy2:

Seriously... I do love the quality at Hollister, and I love the deals they have. Many times they will have half off their red lines, which makes shirts and stuff very cheap. During BTS, both Diane and I snagged the most adorable skirts for (I think) about $7... Just super cheap. :thumbsup2 My girls also love American Eagle - Alli loves their jeans.

@DMGeurts I also found out that tank tops from Hollister are cheaper and nicer than Target ones. I always buy online from Hollister (mostly because from time to they release new coupon codes).

If it helps someone, I found out that Hollister released a new 25% off coupon code these days for Halloween (until 28 October 2012). They always release 20% off coupons, so a 25% off is a super nice one these days. I haven't seen 25% off in months. This is the code for 25% off - 35525. :)

You could also find more Hollister coupons here:
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/hollisterco.com
http://www.printablecouponsbirthday.com/hollister-promo-codes/

Thanks for the code and the coupon info! :thumbsup2 I may run over to their website this morning to see if there are any good deals. Have you signed up for their Texts yet? I get about one per week, and I've been able to save some $$ in the store that way too. :thumbsup2

We haven't ever tried the Hollister tank tops. I did ok at Target today. I found some nice camis for the girls for $2.40 each. They were the same as some that I got them over the summer so I know that they like them. I'm still looking for a good source to buy the Sugar Lips for cheap. At $10 or $12 per tank top, they are so expensive!

It sounds like your dd is not much younger than my two. My girls are 12 and 13. My 13 yo is super style conscious. The younger one is just slightly less into fashion. My younger dd loves anything with Mickey or Disney on it as long as it is done in a teen acceptable style. The girls have found various Disney items at Forever 21 and they just love that store. They each picked out a Disney sweatshirt there when we did our fall clothes shopping.

Hello Kitty is very popular with the middle school crowd here. I did notice that they had lots of Hello Kitty stuff on the 70% off rack in Target today but my girls have said that they already have enough Hello Kitty stuff.

My older dd is also very, very short. She is 4' 10" and we're pretty sure she is mostly done growing. However, the size of her mouth definitely makes up for her lack of height. My dad always called her "Mighty Mouth" and it is true.:rotfl: She is used to people thinking that she is younger than she really is. She just recently decided that being short is a good thing though because she realized that she can shop for shoes in the adult section and the kids section. That paid off when we found her a pair of Uggs at Nordstroms rack for $30! They were in the kids section.

I discovered the Hollister tanks last year around this time... They had them on clearance for about $4 each... So I purchased every color available in the girls' sizes... They wore them TO DEATH... Like literally - at the end of the summer, I had to throw the white ones away, because they weren't even close to white anymore. We got a bunch more during BTS, because they were pretty reasonably priced again, and they just wear so well. I made sure to get them extra white ones... They also wear their gray ones a ton too.

The Disney clearance shirts were in the women's clearance section... Just an fyi for anyone looking.

One more day and I will be meeting ~D before heading home. I can't wait to be home as I have been travelling for work quite a bit lately. I had to travel somewhere every week for the last 5 weeks. Thankfully I don't need to travel for at least a month after this trip.

Looking forward to meeting up with you tonight... I did ask DH if he would come along... The MOA gets a bit scary on weekend nights, and the girls and I had a bad gang experience there a couple of years ago - So, I did ask him if he'd come along (not that he would help - he would probably make things worse).

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter