• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

dianemom2 said:
Here is the dress and pinafore that I finished today. It is from one of my new Olabelhe patterns. I like how it turned out.
Front:

Back:

Dress without the pinafore:

And a close up of the front of the pinafore and the appliques:

I love it and I want it ! Lol these dresses are what is inspiring me to sew! Great work!

Mom tried on her costume. Not the greatest picture but it looks like she likes it. My sister brought it to her and helped her get it on.

384360_3613056179729_1445138346_n.jpg

Here is the dress and pinafore that I finished today. It is from one of my new Olabelhe patterns. I like how it turned out.
Front:
th_PA220076.jpg

Back:
th_PA220079.jpg

th_PA220078.jpg

th_PA220077.jpg

Wow! What a beautiful job! It is just adorable!:goodvibes

And PYRXTC, that clown costume looks great on your Mom! She really does look happy.

With less than a week left, I am happy to report I finished all 4 adult bowling shirts. (And may I never make another one again, it was NOT FUN.) Here is a peek at the ones I made for myself and my husband, the top is his with Wall-E and the bottom mine with Eve.

It's hard to see but the dark blue fabric is called Mechanical Genius, it's blue with printed circuit boards. The Wall-E fabric was a 4-part panel I got from ebay, I used one for each front piece, and appliqued the other on the back.

I also made two more, one Monsters Inc and one Buzz Lightyear, which I will post later in the week. They are for a friend who subscribes to my Flickr so I don't want to upload them just yet.

There are still a couple things I would like to make for myself, like a couple more embroidered shirts, but if I don't get to them no biggie. Now we are going to spend tomorrow packing since it's my husband's last day off before departure day!

Great job on the shirts! I am sure you will catch lots of attention with that set. It's cool that your DH will wear customs. Mine would wear embroidered polos (with Mickey or a Lego Minifig) but that's as far as he'd go.

That's so funny about dressing like my DD's Halloween costume for Stampede. Living just outside DC we don't get too many cowgirls around town. Star Trek sounds just right for Halloween. My other DD is going as a Flash Dance/80's Girl with a big group of her friends. Her costume is making me feel about a million years old since I remember actually wearing clothes that look like her costume.

If that makes you feel better, my Star Trek costume isn't that much more recent than the 80's clothing as it was from the Next Generation era (the show ran from 1987 to 1994).

I finished my friend's daughter's dress and It came out great and was super easy. I think I might make a few more and it should be easy to resize since I only have it in a 12. This is what I used for a pattern, it's from 1976... the year I was born.

McCalls5082.jpg

And this is the dress I made. her mom went out and got fabric without me.

Front
69328_3608067615018_1355837364_n.jpg

Back
59619_3608071375112_795124297_n.jpg

I think it's cute but lots of skin and getting cold to wear it now but maybe with a t-shirt and tights. I also think it will fit her amazing still next summer so it will get lots of wear then. I might make her a second one in a solid color too.

The dress turned out really cute. I hope she can wear it with a cardigan for fall/winter.

Front:
th_PA220076.jpg

Back:
th_PA220079.jpg

th_PA220078.jpg

th_PA220077.jpg

I really like how this set is put together! Great job!

Mom tried on her costume. Not the greatest picture but it looks like she likes it. My sister brought it to her and helped her get it on.

She certainly looks like a clown! I hope she will have fun on Halloween!

No sewing more me this week as I am in Minneapolis for a conference. I hope I can sneak a side trip to Mall of America to visit the Disney Store, Lego Store, and Williams-Sonoma while I am here. The sad thing is that we actually have all three stores where I live, except the prices are outrageously expensive (we pay up to 1.5x for the same items even though our dollars are roughly worth about the same). Unforunately I am travelling carry on only so I am limited in what I can buy. I suppose that's good for my wallet/bank account as I am saving up for an embroidery machine. ;)

I
It's interesting that you thought the Easy Fits are too wide. I had the opposite problem in the adult version - DH complained they were too narrow. I had to scrap one pair of Easy Fits and go back to the Simplicity pattern that I had used for the last 10+ years (which is ok as long as he stays the same size). At least the material got repurposed into burpies for a baby shower gift.

I've only ever used the children's version so maybe the adult sizing is a little slimmer?

I'm sure there were others I drooled over, but these are the ones that come to mind. I have bronchitis (since yesterday) so maybe I'll be able to keep up since I don't feel like doing much of anything else.

Hope you are feeling better!

So, here's my version of the Jewel costume. I wanted to do it like Andrea's, but it had a mind of it's own. I cut each feather individually and hand sewed everything in place. Then I clipped the sides of each feather to look more "feather-like" Took a while! These pictures are just before I sewed the hood in place. By the time I finished, you couldn't see any white. I can't believe I didn't get a final pic! But my DGD was so busy flying, it was hard to get her to stand still!:rotfl:

th_FC28E2A4.jpg

I didn't like the way the skirt turned out, but I was on a time crunch, so didn't get to do it over.
th_E3EE385D.jpg

I think the Jewel costume looks very cute! The feathers made a nice addition. I can see why the skirt portion is bothering you, but the good thing is that it will be easy to make a fuller skirt.

I'm alive and finally today feel a little better. I did go to the dentist because I had some teeth that were hitting on one side and hoped that caused my neck and shoulder pain. The dentist fixed my teeth and told me where the pain would be and it's not my neck and shoulders :( My ears are continually better though so I'm moving in the right direction -- just slowly.

I did finish dd's Halloween set (jeans and a t) and will post pics one of these days. I am hoping to make chaps for ds this weekend -- he won't budge and wants to be a cowboy. All I have to really do is make chaps and a vest plus holsters. I found fabric for chaps but didn't find any I liked for a vest, but hopefully on Monday I can get to Hancock's and see what they have. I need his done the weekend before Halloween for a party, but I think it will be pretty simple. I couldn't find a pattern his size, but I think I can go off the pattern I used when he was three and come up with an even more realistic design for the chaps.

Thank you for checking in! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better, but I do hope that your immune system kicks it into high gear soon!

Can't wait to see your DD's Halloween set and GL with the cowboy costume for your DS!

I can't decide - does the striped sleeve look okay or should I change it ot the red Mickey Material?

Untitled by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

If I were choosing I think I'd follow Diane's suggestion: Main sleeve portion in the Mickey material with an accent bias tape cuff in the stripe.

These tops/sets are all so cute! I think the Halloween fabric one is my favorite as it's such a cute print.

I love the outfit. I want to try a peasant top for myself with halloween material, so that I will have a shirt to wear to work on halloween. I am not sure what pattern to use, but yours for your little one turned out really cute.

I have just finished making myself a skirt out of DS old jeans. I think it turned out ok, but I am always afraid to wear things I make out in public unless it is Hallween. On Halloween, I can pass them off as costumes if they look too funny.

There are several adult versions of a peasant top designed by CarlaC but sold under the SisBoom label on youcanmakethis.

And I hope that you will share a picture of the skirt!

With less than a week left, I am happy to report I finished all 4 adult bowling shirts. (And may I never make another one again, it was NOT FUN.) Here is a peek at the ones I made for myself and my husband, the top is his with Wall-E and the bottom mine with Eve.

It's hard to see but the dark blue fabric is this:
Medium_EZ-313.jpg
called Mechanical Genius, it's blue with printed circuit boards. The Wall-E fabric was a 4-part panel I got from ebay, I used one for each front piece, and appliqued the other on the back.

I also made two more, one Monsters Inc and one Buzz Lightyear, which I will post later in the week. They are for a friend who subscribes to my Flickr so I don't want to upload them just yet.

There are still a couple things I would like to make for myself, like a couple more embroidered shirts, but if I don't get to them no biggie. Now we are going to spend tomorrow packing since it's my husband's last day off before departure day!

Oh.My.Golly. I am seriously crushing on these shirts! I LOVE Wall-E and he never gets any love! I hope that everyone compliments you like crazy in the park that day!!! Oh and all the headache of figuring out the pattern and constructing them? Yeah, TOTALLY worth it!

Front

Back

I think it's cute but lots of skin and getting cold to wear it now but maybe with a t-shirt and tights. I also think it will fit her amazing still next summer so it will get lots of wear then. I might make her a second one in a solid color too.

oh that came out very cute. Good thing it will fit next summer because methinks that the temps will be falling fast up there!

Front:
th_PA220076.jpg

Back:
th_PA220079.jpg

th_PA220078.jpg

th_PA220077.jpg

This set is so darn cute! I just love the fabric combos you put together. And the embroidery you picked out for the pinafore goes perfectly! Great job!

I will post a picture tomorrow morning of DS's birthday outfit. I think it came out pretty cute but I finished it Sunday morning right before we walked out the door for church so no time to take photos. And since my son is 2 he doesn't keep his clothes "nice" looking very long! Fortunately just about EVERYDAY is laundry day around here so it's now clean again but I'd like it to be daylight for the pics.

Sunshine

Hey ladies.....it's been awhile. :) My trip is coming up quick so I've got to start sewing again. Igor, my machine, decided to cooperate with me today and let me get some sewing done. :) This is carla's portrait peasant and the easy fits. This is my youngest, size 6. I tried to make the peasant shirt in the 8 for my 8 year old but it's a bit snug. Guess I need to enlarge that pattern a bit for her. Dunno what I'm gonna do for the 13 y.o.!

197510_4375666883902_1121267393_n.jpg
That looks great -- love the fabrics and colors.

418144_4378916845149_414452767_n.jpg

My 8 year old. I had to enlarge the portrait peasant pattern by an inch but I think it worked. :)
Worked perfect!
I love the peasant shirts and all the costumes you all have been working on! They look great

Question: How do you organize your scraps??? What do you put them in, how do you store them, etc?
I currently have a couple cloth shopping bags stuffed full but I need a better way!
I have ziplocs with different colors sorted in a drawer and then I keep a jar on my sewing counter that I throw scraps into and periodically go through and sort. I've heard of the shoe holder, but I have so many scraps I don't think it would hold enough.

Medium_EZ-313.jpg
called Mechanical Genius, it's blue with printed circuit boards. The Wall-E fabric was a 4-part panel I got from ebay, I used one for each front piece, and appliqued the other on the back.

Those are FABULOUS :worship::worship::worship: I have three or four sets of those panels -- got them for $1 each at Hancock's. I just couldn't pass up the price and figured I could do bowling shirts for BGs with them. I adore the fabric you paired with it -- wish I had money now to stock up on that. I just love everything about the shirts you did -- they are beyond awesome :worship::worship::worship:

I finished my friend's daughter's dress and It came out great and was super easy. I think I might make a few more and it should be easy to resize since I only have it in a 12. This is what I used for a pattern, it's from 1976... the year I was born.

Front

Back

I would totally wear that! What a great pattern! I turned out beautiful :)

That's cute! It will be perfect for summer but you are right that it will probably be a little chilly to wear a backless dress right now. I love that pattern. You did a great job on the dress. I found out that my mom has a drawer of vintage patterns down on her basement. I am going to have to look through it next time I am at her house. I never really thought about sewing from vintage patterns but that looks so cute!
Are you calling patterns form 1976 "vintage"??? If so, I am personally an antique.

Front:
th_PA220076.jpg

Back:
th_PA220079.jpg

th_PA220078.jpg

th_PA220077.jpg
That is so sweet! I love the appliques and the fence! What a great idea!!

Looks great!

No sewing -- did my at home computer training yesterday and today go into the office early for more. I hope to start ds's chaps later today -- I don't have a pattern to work with so hope they turn out ok making my own.

She looks great! It is nice that she loves what you made for her.

No sewing more me this week as I am in Minneapolis for a conference. I hope I can sneak a side trip to Mall of America to visit the Disney Store, Lego Store, and Williams-Sonoma while I am here. The sad thing is that we actually have all three stores where I live, except the prices are outrageously expensive (we pay up to 1.5x for the same items even though our dollars are roughly worth about the same). Unforunately I am travelling carry on only so I am limited in what I can buy. I suppose that's good for my wallet/bank account as I am saving up for an embroidery machine. ;)
I hope you get some fun shopping done while you are at your conference. Can you ship back some of your purchases or does that increase the cost too much?

No sewing -- did my at home computer training yesterday and today go into the office early for more. I hope to start ds's chaps later today -- I don't have a pattern to work with so hope they turn out ok making my own.
Glad to see you back on here. It sounds like you are starting to feel better. And you never seem to have any problem making up your own pattern. Every time you say that you did that, your stuff looks wonderful!

I will post a picture tomorrow morning of DS's birthday outfit. I think it came out pretty cute but I finished it Sunday morning right before we walked out the door for church so no time to take photos. And since my son is 2 he doesn't keep his clothes "nice" looking very long! Fortunately just about EVERYDAY is laundry day around here so it's now clean again but I'd like it to be daylight for the pics.

Sunshine
Can't wait to see some pictures!

Thanks for the compliments on my farm dress. I have the Pooh version almost finished. HOpefully I can post it a little later.

As promised, here are the pictures of my DS's bday outfit.

The pants are made from the Treasure Pockets Pants pattern found in the book "Sewing For Boys". I really like the look of them and it's fun to be able to combine fabrics. I overall liked the pattern and can't wait to make more and use some of the other patterns in the book.

Then I added a simple applique to a shirt. I ended up being lucky in that the only orange I had that matched the print happened to be knit so I didn't have to do all the satin stitching. But since I was in a rush, my "straight" stitching is anything but! HA!

picture594.jpg

And an action shot. DS LOVED this outfit and didn't want to take it off.

picture589.jpg

Sunshine

The pants are made from the Treasure Pockets Pants pattern found in the book "Sewing For Boys". I really like the look of them and it's fun to be able to combine fabrics. I overall liked the pattern and can't wait to make more and use some of the other patterns in the book.

picture589.jpg

Sunshine
What a great outfit! I love the action shot. Your little guy is a real cutie! It is hard to find nice patterns for boys, especially as they get bigger. I love that pants pattern. It is really adorable.

So here are the pictures of the Pooh dress that I finished today. It is hard to tell from the pictures but all the materials are Pooh themed. The dress material has Pooh and Piglet with umbrellas and honey pots scattered all over it. The blue fabric has Pooh, Piglet and honey pots and the yellow fabric as the bees on it.
Front of dress and pinafore:
PA230095_zps5a38fe92.jpg

Back of dress and pinafore:
PA230096_zps774a72cc.jpg

PA230097_zps2b32c26d.jpg

I hope you are feeling better Andrea. I am sure the chaps will turn out great just like many of your other projects.

I hope you get some fun shopping done while you are at your conference. Can you ship back some of your purchases or does that increase the cost too much?

I ended up going to the mall today with one of my colleagues who was also at the conference. I just bought a few things from Williams-Sonoma that I wanted and could fit into the carry-on bag.

Then I added a simple applique to a shirt. I ended up being lucky in that the only orange I had that matched the print happened to be knit so I didn't have to do all the satin stitching. But since I was in a rush, my "straight" stitching is anything but! HA!

th_picture594.jpg

th_picture589.jpg

Sunshine

The outfit looks great. I can see why you son didn't want to take it off!

What a great outfit! I love the action shot. Your little guy is a real cutie! It is hard to find nice patterns for boys, especially as they get bigger. I love that pants pattern. It is really adorable.

So here are the pictures of the Pooh dress that I finished today. It is hard to tell from the pictures but all the materials are Pooh themed. The dress material has Pooh and Piglet with umbrellas and honey pots scattered all over it. The blue fabric has Pooh, Piglet and honey pots and the yellow fabric as the bees on it.
th_PA230095_zps5a38fe92.jpg

th_PA230096_zps774a72cc.jpg

th_PA230097_zps2b32c26d.jpg

The dress and the pinafore turned out beautifully. You have such a talent on matching different prints. I am sure that set will be a Pooh fan very happy!

th_picture594.jpg
Sunshine

great job and kudos to him loving it so much. It's really cute !

What a nice job you are doing on those dresses. really cute with Pooh and I don't like Pooh. She is going to love wearing this.

Wow, fabulous stuff posted lately! I haven't been on in a couple of weeks and I am hopelessly behind again!

Here is a NBC outfit I finished for Alexa this last week. The top is the Olivia pattern. This was the first time I had tried it. The hood was a little funky but overall a pretty easy pattern. The instructions stink though and if I had been a beginner, I would have been completely lost! The skirt is one that I picked up from Once Upon a Child for $2.50!

1351044297.jpg

Here is a back view of the skirt.

1351044302.jpg

I still have to finish a Frankenweenie dress and shirt plus start Halloween costumes!

Hita everybody. There has been so many great outfits!! I really like seeing the outfits for boys as clothing seems so limited. I am beyond frustrated with this Christmas dress so I stopped and am surfing here. Totally ready to just rip all the seams out and forget about it. The issue is "gathering" apparently I can't do it.

Here is a NBC outfit I finished for Alexa this last week. The top is the Olivia pattern. This was the first time I had tried it. The hood was a little funky but overall a pretty easy pattern. The instructions stink though and if I had been a beginner, I would have been completely lost! The skirt is one that I picked up from Once Upon a Child for $2.50!
th_1351044297.jpg
th_1351044302.jpg

I still have to finish a Frankenweenie dress and shirt plus start Halloween costumes!

The outfit looks great. i really like your Oogie Boogie man. She looks like she enjoys the outfit very much. Great pose and great find on the skirt.

Nope. I just cut a strip the approx width of the shirt, put heat n bond lite on it, ironed it on and zigzagged the edges. It just ends under the armpits.

Thanks I might have to try that:thumbsup2

So, here's my version of the Jewel costume. I wanted to do it like Andrea's, but it had a mind of it's own. I cut each feather individually and hand sewed everything in place. Then I clipped the sides of each feather to look more "feather-like" Took a while! These pictures are just before I sewed the hood in place. By the time I finished, you couldn't see any white. I can't believe I didn't get a final pic! But my DGD was so busy flying, it was hard to get her to stand still!:rotfl:

th_FC28E2A4.jpg

Looks terrific

Hey ladies.....it's been awhile. :) My trip is coming up quick so I've got to start sewing again. Igor, my machine, decided to cooperate with me today and let me get some sewing done. :) This is carla's portrait peasant and the easy fits. This is my youngest, size 6. I tried to make the peasant shirt in the 8 for my 8 year old but it's a bit snug. Guess I need to enlarge that pattern a bit for her. Dunno what I'm gonna do for the 13 y.o.!

197510_4375666883902_1121267393_n.jpg

Awesome stuff you posted. I have that pattern and may have to try it out for my DD

Medium_EZ-313.jpg

!

Awesome shirts.... and I love that fabric. Perfect for WallE

Front

What a cute dress. That would be perfect for the summer but not wearable around here either now:lmao:

Front:
th_PA220076.jpg

This is so adorable:goodvibes And I love your Pooh dress to

:goodvibes Love it. She looks great.

th_picture594.jpg

Sunshine

Those pants are adorable

Wow, fabulous stuff posted lately! I haven't been on in a couple of weeks and I am hopelessly behind again!

th_1351044297.jpg

Shannon love the top and what a great find on the skirt.

th_picture594.jpg

th_picture589.jpg

Sunshine

I don't know which is more adorable, the outfit or the child!!

th_PA230096_zps774a72cc.jpg

th_PA230097_zps2b32c26d.jpg

This is seriously amazing! I love it!

th_1351044297.jpg

th_1351044302.jpg

I'm not a big fan of NBC, but this outfit is adorable!! And your daughter is gorgeous!

Hita everybody. There has been so many great outfits!! I really like seeing the outfits for boys as clothing seems so limited. I am beyond frustrated with this Christmas dress so I stopped and am surfing here. Totally ready to just rip all the seams out and forget about it. The issue is "gathering" apparently I can't do it.

You did the right thing in stepping away for a while when you're frustrated. Don't give up, though. Sewing isn't learned over night. (Unless you're D~) Maybe just play with some scrap material until you master it. ;)

1351044297.jpg

Very cute. I love the Olivia pattern.

What method are you using for gathering? Some are easier than others.

The method the pattern uses is two lines and then you pull on the strings that part is okay but then as soon as I let go of the strings to even out the gatherings or even if I hold them then either the gatherings completely flatten or the thread starts pulling out. I have tried pinning the gatherings but my placement must be wrong because it didn't help. I am going to do a you tube search but I was too frustrated to look at anything sewing last night.

The method the pattern uses is two lines and then you pull on the strings that part is okay but then as soon as I let go of the strings to even out the gatherings or even if I hold them then either the gatherings completely flatten or the thread starts pulling out. I have tried pinning the gatherings but my placement must be wrong because it didn't help. I am going to do a you tube search but I was too frustrated to look at anything sewing last night.

Put a pin vertically at the end of the gathering stiches then wrap the thread tails around the pin in a figure eight. That will hold the gathers in while you adjust them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter