• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Just thought I would pop-in and say Hi! I have not been on a Disboutique thread in 2 years as I primarily stick to the FB group now. But FB got blocked at work so you will see me here more often now.

Okay now I got to go back and try to catch up a little!

Hi Everyone,

IMG_3915.jpg

...and turned it into these Riviera leggings, my first project from Sewing Clothes Kids Love.

IMG_3975.jpg

And, after many hours and lots of mods, I made this for dd to wear on our trip...

IMG_3983.jpg

Next up, I've got a Peter Pan Precious Dress started (similar to last year in a larger size) and a Mickey Christmas Feliz ready to cut out.

C.
I love the upcycled leggings. I haven't made the Riviera leggings pattern but I have that book and I always say I'm going to make them. I love the Snow White dress. And it is smart to use calico. It is so much more breathable which is best for the Florida heat. I just bought the Precious dress pattern today and I can't wait to try it out. The Peter Pan dress you made last year was so cute! I can't wait to see what you do this year.

I was enlisted to make a clown costume for my Mom. Glad patterns are on sale this week. I think I have enough circus fabric left from my dress but I'm going to check out some shiny stuff to add as patches too I think. Any tips ? She asked that I do a velcro back instead of buttons or zipper. I guess it has come full circle almost, my mother's mother made me a clown costume when I was little and now I'm making my Mom one.

Brave comes out November 13, 2012
Sorry, no hints for the costume from me. However, I think it is great you are making a clown costume for your mom and she did one for you when you were little. I can't wait to see what you make.

Well, my Ellageo broke today. I am going to take it in to the shop tomorrow and have them look at it. Hopefully they can fix it but I have my doubts about it. Now I wish I'd looked more carefully at the machines at the Sewing Expo last week.

:flower3: Andrea? I keep checking in to see how you're doing.

I may as well post my latest. Next week I'm having dinner with some women I used to work with. I asked the youngest one if her daughter has AG dolls. She has four! I had planned to make each of them an outfit but quickly remembered how time consuming the clothing is -- despite its size -- so made one outfit.

Dorrrine with her American Girl Halloween outfit.

aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

aghalloween004.jpg

And, of course I'd never leave Ginger out.

aghalloween006.jpg

All set for MNSSHP. :cool1:

Well, except for tickets.

Hi Everyone,

Once again, I am pages and pages behind. I've read along and enjoyed all the wonderful creations, but I never seem to have the time to quote. I'm so sorry not to properly admire everything that has been done in the last month!!

I have been sewing and have a couple things to share and a couple more in progress. First, I picked up this women's tshirt over the summer...

IMG_3915.jpg

...and turned it into these Riviera leggings, my first project from Sewing Clothes Kids Love.

IMG_3975.jpg

And, after many hours and lots of mods, I made this for dd to wear on our trip...

IMG_3983.jpg

It started as the licensed Simplicity pattern, but I made a ton of changes including a button placket instead of a zipper and different sleeve embellishment. I found this tut for the sleeves and liked the look better than the teardrop appliques. I was inspired by ellenbenny and Boutique Ollie Girl to use all calicos instead of satin.

Next up, I've got a Peter Pan Precious Dress started (similar to last year in a larger size) and a Mickey Christmas Feliz ready to cut out.

Back to work for me!
Regards,
C.

Absolutely adorable!!! Great job!

Just thought I would pop-in and say Hi! I have not been on a Disboutique thread in 2 years as I primarily stick to the FB group now. But FB got blocked at work so you will see me here more often now.

Hi!!! Glad to see you back! :)

I may as well post my latest. Next week I'm having dinner with some women I used to work with. I asked the youngest one if her daughter has AG dolls. She has four! I had planned to make each of them an outfit but quickly remembered how time consuming the clothing is -- despite its size -- so made one outfit.

aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

aghalloween004.jpg

aghalloween006.jpg

ROFL... And the adventures of Dorrrine and Ginger continue... I've missed you Cheryl - I hope you are well... BTW, the house next door is empty, I've been waiting for you to show up. :confused3

D~

Enabler alert!

If you want any patterns from YCMT, now is the time, 20% off and free applique bundle if your order is over $25 after the discount. Coupon code FunForFall20. Good until Friday Oct 19th.

I know I'll be getting a few patterns.

Thanks! I was just debating on getting the much-applauded Easy Fit Pants pattern, so I decided why not? Of course I also got the raglan hoodie pattern too.

Hi Everyone,

Once again, I am pages and pages behind. I've read along and enjoyed all the wonderful creations, but I never seem to have the time to quote. I'm so sorry not to properly admire everything that has been done in the last month!!

I have been sewing and have a couple things to share and a couple more in progress. First, I picked up this women's tshirt over the summer...

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

It started as the licensed Simplicity pattern, but I made a ton of changes including a button placket instead of a zipper and different sleeve embellishment. I found this tut for the sleeves and liked the look better than the teardrop appliques. I was inspired by ellenbenny and Boutique Ollie Girl to use all calicos instead of satin.

Back to work for me!
Regards,
C.

Snow white is adorable. I love the dress, so cute.

My adult bowling shirts are still in progress, but I did get some work done today. I *almost* have them all cut out. I am making 4 total. I think I figured out why I am so frustrated. I made a dozen boys bowling shirts with various stripes and Carla C's pattern made it easy by exactly describing how wide to cut strips, sew them together then cut out one piece. This one has a ton of different pieces for the different stripe possibilities and I got all confused. I also "lost" a pattern piece and spent more than an hour searching for it only to find it was on the table right next to me, it was just never unfolded or cut, I thought all the pieces were on one big sheet. I might be sewing buttons on these shirts on the Magic Express but darnit I am going to get it done!

But tonight I went for dinner with a friend and her husband and my kiddos who were freaked out beyond measure at this horrifying animated, 6-foot ghoul in the entryway and WOULD NOT EAT because of it, even though it was out of sight, and then they required me to take 7 trips to the bathroom and ultimately a trip to the CAR to use the emergency portable potty which was apparently more desirable than the bathroom inside where it was warm. I didn't get to eat my dinner but you can bet I finished my Sake before we left. This potty training thing is the WORST. THING. EVER. So I am too tired and burned out from a tough mommy day to work on the shirts tonight. I am sure I would mess something up!

So we had a great time at the circus. Dd2 loved it! And here is a photo in action, did not get one on my phone with her standing.

th_20121011_202803.jpg

She is adorable! Thanks for sharing the picture!

Enabler alert!

If you want any patterns from YCMT, now is the time, 20% off and free applique bundle if your order is over $25 after the discount. Coupon code FunForFall20. Good until Friday Oct 19th.

I know I'll be getting a few patterns.

Thanks for posting this. It is probably bad for my bank account but I have a feeling that I will be getting a few new patterns to try.

Hi Everyone,

th_IMG_3915.jpg

th_IMG_3975.jpg

th_IMG_3983.jpg

Back to work for me!
Regards,
C.

Great job on the leggings and the Snow White dress! I can't wait to see the Peter Pan Precious Dress and the Mickey Feliz.

Well, my Ellageo broke today. I am going to take it in to the shop tomorrow and have them look at it. Hopefully they can fix it but I have my doubts about it. Now I wish I'd looked more carefully at the machines at the Sewing Expo last week.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the shop will give you more positive news!

th_aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

th_aghalloween004.jpg

th_aghalloween006.jpg

Beautiful outfits! I have a feeling that Dorrrine and Ginger won't need tickets for MNSSHP though :)

Thanks! I was just debating on getting the much-applauded Easy Fit Pants pattern, so I decided why not? Of course I also got the raglan hoodie pattern too.

My adult bowling shirts are still in progress, but I did get some work done today. I *almost* have them all cut out. I am making 4 total. I think I figured out why I am so frustrated. I made a dozen boys bowling shirts with various stripes and Carla C's pattern made it easy by exactly describing how wide to cut strips, sew them together then cut out one piece. This one has a ton of different pieces for the different stripe possibilities and I got all confused. I also "lost" a pattern piece and spent more than an hour searching for it only to find it was on the table right next to me, it was just never unfolded or cut, I thought all the pieces were on one big sheet. I might be sewing buttons on these shirts on the Magic Express but darnit I am going to get it done!

But tonight I went for dinner with a friend and her husband and my kiddos who were freaked out beyond measure at this horrifying animated, 6-foot ghoul in the entryway and WOULD NOT EAT because of it, even though it was out of sight, and then they required me to take 7 trips to the bathroom and ultimately a trip to the CAR to use the emergency portable potty which was apparently more desirable than the bathroom inside where it was warm. I didn't get to eat my dinner but you can bet I finished my Sake before we left. This potty training thing is the WORST. THING. EVER. So I am too tired and burned out from a tough mommy day to work on the shirts tonight. I am sure I would mess something up!

I hope you will enjoy the new patterns. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with those adult bowling shirts and a tough mommy day. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.

I am going to chime in with others and say Andrea: I hope you are feeling better after your visit with the doctor the other day. I have been thinking about you.

aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

aghalloween004.jpg

aghalloween006.jpg

Love the outfits Cheryl.

Andrea I have been thinking and praying you feel better.

I just found out my niece is into Winx Club. I was going to make her a princess dress for Christmas, but now it looks like, it should be Winx Club. Does anyone know if there are embroidery designs for Winx club, they kinda look like fairies. And also any dress patterns out there for their outfits?

Hi Everyone,

th_IMG_3915.jpg

th_IMG_3975.jpg

th_IMG_3983.jpg

Back to work for me!
Regards,
C.

Those are cute leggings and a great recycling idea. Your little princess and her dress are adorable.

th_aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

th_aghalloween004.jpg

th_aghalloween006.jpg

Very cute outfits.

I didn't get any while I was there - but EVERYONE else did. One of these days, when I place another order from them, I will get that... It will be awesome for our halloween trip next year. :goodvibes

D~

:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

th_IMG_3915.jpg

th_IMG_3975.jpg

th_IMG_3983.jpg

Back to work for me!
Regards,
C.

Awesome job on everything. :goodvibes

I was enlisted to make a clown costume for my Mom. Glad patterns are on sale this week. I think I have enough circus fabric left from my dress but I'm going to check out some shiny stuff to add as patches too I think. Any tips ? She asked that I do a velcro back instead of buttons or zipper. I guess it has come full circle almost, my mother's mother made me a clown costume when I was little and now I'm making my Mom one.

Brave comes out November 13, 2012

How sweet:goodvibes

:surfweb: Thank goodness they haven't blocked FB at my work.

aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

aghalloween004.jpg

aghalloween006.jpg

So glad that you did not leave Ginger out.

:rotfl2: I remember my son freakin out at a Hibatchi restaurant once. He was so scared of the fire he ran out of the room.

I just found out my niece is into Minx Club. I was going to make her a princess dress for Christmas, but now it looks like, it should be Minx Club. Does anyone know if there are embroidery designs for Minx club, they kinda look like fairies. And also any dress patterns out there for their outfits?

:confused3 No help since I never heard of them before.

Edited to add: My DD9 said there is a Winx Club on Nick. Is this the same thing?

Miprender,

Yes that is them. I edited my post for Winx club, oops. Thanks! I had never heard of them either, but she is all about them.

BabyRapunzel said:
Miprender,

Yes that is them. I edited my post for Winx club, oops. Thanks! I had never heard of them either, but she is all about them.

I have to admit when I read "minx club" I thought perhaps your niece was into something a little risqué. It sounds very taudry! ;)

Anyone use Create Kids Couture patterns? I have 36 days to go and I'm starting to think about making something for my daughter.

Gah! I am pages and pages behind again! Of course, that's a good thing--means everyone has been creating madly adorable things! :)

Anyone use Create Kids Couture patterns? I have 36 days to go and I'm starting to think about making something for my daughter.

I have used the Sophia's Open Back Ruffle Dress and the coordinating Ruffle Butt Pants. They were pretty easy to understand and I was pleased with the end results.

I have happy news and am filling my Pinterest board with ideas. My DD is quite obviously outgrowing her room. We have a 3-bedroom house and she's been in the smallest bedroom. The larger bedroom was being used as a combo guest room/craft-sewing room. The bad thing is when we have company, I have to complete pick up all my sewing stuff and can't use it until company leaves---which is usually only an issue when the ILs come as they tend to stay a couple of weeks. :rotfl2: I've been hung up on what to do since the smaller room can't accommodate all the guest room and sewing furniture.

Then my hubby came up with the perfect suggestion---give Kaity the bigger bedroom with a full size bed, and she can just sleep with us when we have company. The funny thing is, I don't know why that thought never occurred to me as my parents never had a guest room til I moved out when I got married. I used to give up my bed when company came.

Soooooo, I am in full-bore planning mode. Kaity said she wants princesses for her new bedroom, so I'm looking at comforters and curtains, and trying to figure out the best layout to maximize playspace. In the meantime, I am so excited at not only laying out my own sewing room, but the prospect of FINALLY being able to put out my Donald Duck collection, which has been boxed up since I got married 5 years ago. We didn't live in our first house long enough to get it unpacked before we got word we were getting transferred to England....didn't even unpack it in England because our orders got shortened to a year, and I haven't really had a place to put it in the current use of our house. But now---in my DEDICATED sewing/craft room--I can put my Donald Duck collection back on display!!! So, I'm also planning on making some window treatments inspired by my main duck.

Here's the fun part---in the couple weeks leading up to Christmas we're going to start taking down stuff in the guest room, taking down shelves, patching nail holes, etc. and get it all ready to move. Then, Christmas Eve, while Kaity is sleeping, we'll move everything out, get her new bedding and curtains up, and move her furniture over, then transplant her into her new room where she'll wake up Christmas morning! After Christmas, getting MY new room set up will start.

This is me since we decided all this: :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I may as well post my latest. Next week I'm having dinner with some women I used to work with. I asked the youngest one if her daughter has AG dolls. She has four! I had planned to make each of them an outfit but quickly remembered how time consuming the clothing is -- despite its size -- so made one outfit. Dorrrine with her American Girl Halloween outfit.
th_aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.
th_aghalloween004.jpg

th_aghalloween006.jpg

All set for MNSSHP. :cool1: Well, except for tickets.

Love the clothes and really like that you made the skirt reversible. The ghost is so cute too. i bought some AG patterns so that I can make some for all the dolls I have upstairs and can give each of my nieces a doll and a bunch of clothes with maybe some matching clothes for them too.

Soooooo, I am in full-bore planning mode. Kaity said she wants princesses for her new bedroom, so I'm looking at comforters and curtains, and trying to figure out the best layout to maximize playspace. In the meantime, I am so excited at not only laying out my own sewing room, but the prospect of FINALLY being able to put out my Donald Duck collection, which has been boxed up since I got married 5 years ago. We didn't live in our first house long enough to get it unpacked before we got word we were getting transferred to England....didn't even unpack it in England because our orders got shortened to a year, and I haven't really had a place to put it in the current use of our house. But now---in my DEDICATED sewing/craft room--I can put my Donald Duck collection back on display!!! So, I'm also planning on making some window treatments inspired by my main duck.
Here's the fun part---in the couple weeks leading up to Christmas we're going to start taking down stuff in the guest room, taking down shelves, patching nail holes, etc. and get it all ready to move. Then, Christmas Eve, while Kaity is sleeping, we'll move everything out, get her new bedding and curtains up, and move her furniture over, then transplant her into her new room where she'll wake up Christmas morning! After Christmas, getting MY new room set up will start.
This is me since we decided all this: :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sounds like a great plan to me !! I always had to give up my room when people came too and it didn't kill anyone. Good luck with finding everything that you need and YAY for getting to display Donald.

I like the stripe pants from that shirt. Great job but I must have missed the quote.

I finally got my photopass Cd so you can all see what my whole dress looked like. I was the only adult Merida that night (from what all of the Cm's told me) and the guy that took my pic in front of the pumpkin, he took our pics the next day in Carsland and remembered us from the party. No, we weren't in costume the next day.

Photo0138FourBySix.jpg

Photo0140FourBySix.jpg

All my pics make me really want to lose my extra weight.

Sounds like a great plan to me !! I always had to give up my room when people came too and it didn't kill anyone. Good luck with finding everything that you need and YAY for getting to display Donald.

:) I can't stop grinning every time I think about it. LOL

I finally got my photopass Cd so you can all see what my whole dress looked like. I was the only adult Merida that night (from what all of the Cm's told me) and the guy that took my pic in front of the pumpkin, he took our pics the next day in Carsland and remembered us from the party. No, we weren't in costume the next day.

Photo0138FourBySix.jpg

Photo0140FourBySix.jpg

Love it!! You look great--and so does your son! :) That's the same Merida outfit I'm going to be sewing for my little girl. Hope mine comes out near as nicely. :)

(I do hope to get back and catch some quotes from the past couple of weeks---just depends on if time allows. My daughter's birthday pictures and party are this coming week and I'm behind the 8 ball!)

Love the clothes and really like that you made the skirt reversible. The ghost is so cute too. i bought some AG patterns so that I can make some for all the dolls I have upstairs and can give each of my nieces a doll and a bunch of clothes with maybe some matching clothes for them too.

I like the stripe pants from that shirt. Great job but I must have missed the quote.

Photo0138FourBySix.jpg

Photo0140FourBySix.jpg

I do love the dress, I think it is awesome and you look great with that "other" Merida! Looks like you had fun, even though you said it was really crowded. You photos also make me really glad I got photopass+ for our trip. ETA: Oh, and I am dressing up as tinkerbell, which is going to make me wish I had shed 50 or more lbs too. Plus-sized Tink, coming through! I am hoping that my kids will be so stinkin' cute in their Hook and Smee getups no one will notice Tink. ;)

WE leave in 2 weeks and my boys will not stop reminding me "2 weeks! 2 weeks!" even though they really don't have any concept of time. It's cute.

I am sewing for the first time using a one directional print. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to check which way the pattern was facing. I have fabric for an upside down Bambi skirt. Oh well, going back to the sewing store! Lesson learned :)

:) I can't stop grinning every time I think about it. LOL
Love it!! You look great--and so does your son! :) That's the same Merida outfit I'm going to be sewing for my little girl. Hope mine comes out near as nicely. :)
(I do hope to get back and catch some quotes from the past couple of weeks---just depends on if time allows. My daughter's birthday pictures and party are this coming week and I'm behind the 8 ball!)

I'm hoping I get a sewing room in our new house if we move. I'm sure you dress will turn out great !

I do love the dress, I think it is awesome and you look great with that "other" Merida! Looks like you had fun, even though you said it was really crowded. You photos also make me really glad I got photopass+ for our trip. ETA: Oh, and I am dressing up as tinkerbell, which is going to make me wish I had shed 50 or more lbs too. Plus-sized Tink, coming through! I am hoping that my kids will be so stinkin' cute in their Hook and Smee getups no one will notice Tink. ;)

WE leave in 2 weeks and my boys will not stop reminding me "2 weeks! 2 weeks!" even though they really don't have any concept of time. It's cute.

I did have fun and we left as the party ended so it wasn't so crowded. I'm sure you'll look great tinkerbell too, at least we'll be dressed up. A lot of people at the party we were at weren't. I like the "2 weeks" but every time I read it, I think.... "Blue, like the hallway ?" and it whispers "two weeks, two weeks" really high pitched in my head.

the plus is awesome and Disneyland's came with some great carsland pics and more pics from around the park that were not on my other CD. Just be aware that all the ride pics have the ride name stamped on them and you get the 4x6 version so no 5x7 or 8x10 prints without cutting something off. I think you can ask for the 5x7 version if you think you'll print it that big.

Thanks you both for the compliments. Maybe I'll get really ambitious next year and do a dress from Mirror, Mirror cuz that movie had some crazy dresses and they have patterns for them.

Thank you for all the kind comment on my little Snow White!

th_aghalloween001.jpg

The skirt is reversible.

th_aghalloween004.jpg

th_aghalloween006.jpg

Everything is so cute! How sweet of you to make that for your friend's daughter!

I feel your potty training pain! I feel like I've been at it for at least 3 years and at least a couple more to go since my dd hasn't yet started.

What fun! I love designing rooms and organizing! And you get to do two rooms! Hooray!

th_Photo0138FourBySix.jpg

th_Photo0140FourBySix.jpg

It looks like a lot of fun! Love the pic of you and the 'real' Merida!

Plus-sized Tink, coming through! I am hoping that my kids will be so stinkin' cute in their Hook and Smee getups no one will notice Tink. ;)

I can't wait to see shots of all of you! Your Smee and Captain Hook are adorable!

I am sewing for the first time using a one directional print. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed to check which way the pattern was facing. I have fabric for an upside down Bambi skirt. Oh well, going back to the sewing store! Lesson learned :)

Oh, sorry that happened! I'm sure we've all done something along those lines at one time in our sewing careers!

Regards,
C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter