• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I am the proud new owner of a Singer Serger 14SH764

The sewing store was having a sale and we hadn't yet looked there after a bad experience before but decided to go it. Their cheapest model was $400 on sale for $379.99 not a big sale but after finally seeing the serger in action and talking to the saleslady who I gave the chance to talk me into a different one and she did not. I decided to buy it. She showed us the different models but remained pretty firm that the singer model would fit my needs as our first serger and still a beginner and it was not necessary to move up to a higher priced serger.

Heres hoping all works well. I have never gone in and just bought something without looking at the exact reviews on that model.

Next Step: Brother PE770
Erin
Congrats on your serger! I hope you love it. I use mine all the time and I just have a cheapy, but it does the job.

It was such a beautiful day that we decided to go down the beach! :beach:You never know when your last beach day will be once you hit September. We went on the boardwalk for just a little bit to get Tim an Angry Birds Phillie's shirt for his birthday - I was soooo bummed I couldnt get a slice of pizza, I knew it wouldnt agree with me these days!!! It was nice because we brought Tigger too - my puppy will be 1 in a few weeks!!! I cant believe it!!! He is such a hoot - I am so thankful for him!!
100_5561_zps60f28a6e.jpg

If there is anyone who'd like to make a Tshirt for Noah's older brother or sister, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Their Big give is looking Great!! Jessica posted a new one today too for a little cutie pie!!!!:thumbsup2
So cute! Sorry about not having pizza. That had to be hard. I try to eat healthy, but I still love having the option of having things that aren't so healthy but are really tasty once in a while.
That seems to make sense to me. So you made it more like a band at the bottom instead of like bias tape. I do a wide band on the bottom of a lot of dresses because I like the contrasting color and it saves you from having to hem stuff. And I don't really like hemming stuff too much.

So this morning my husband woke up at 6 am to let the dog out. She scampered off the deck and next thing we knew she was squealing and yelping. It woke the whole house up (including the 2 girls we had here for sleepovers). My husband rushed out and got the dog because he thought that the fox had attacked her but it just turned out that the fox happened to be running through the yard. The vet thinks she either tore something in her leg or sprained her little, tiny doggy wrist. The x-rays didn't show any breaks thank goodness. She still won't put any weight on it and cries when her leg gets touched. We can't give her any pain medication because she can't tolerate it. The vet said that all she really needs is time and rest. I hope that is correct.
Yes, basically a really tiny band! I never thought about the fact it saved me from hemming.

I hope your doggie is doing better today.

officially done! still need to finish sons hamish costume...

487635_10151216569720469_1087752104_n.jpg

251512_10151185821920469_136421736_n.jpg
:worship::worship::worship: That really is the prettiest Cindy I have ever seen.

Oh Diane!! I hope your doggie is okay!!!! You cant even give her a baby aspirin to help with the pain if she needs it??? Poor baby!!!
No the poor little thing can't tolerate any kind of pain medication. She seems to be allergic to it and it also makes her aggressive instead of relaxing her. She turns from a normal, cute little doggy into a snarling maniac when we give her something. We've tried several different medications. We found out when we had her spayed. Poor thing ran around in circles for 2 days crying and squealing then snarling at us when we got close to her. We kept calling the vet but he told us there was nothing wrong. Needless to say, we changed vets immediately after that incident.

Your poor puppy. Saying a prayer she will rest.
Thanks! We kept her in her crate yesterday. Today she is out of the crate and seems just slightly better today.

Nice job on the outfits! I really like the Minnie applique.

Oh no! I hope your dog will recover quickly. Poor thing!
Thanks!

Trinket does seem to be slightly improved today.

Diane I hope you dog feels better. Sounds like D's dog had the same thing last week too. It must be contagious. :confused3
It does sound just like what happened to D's dog. But we know exactly when it happened and with her dog, they had no idea.

Those are some amazing costumes! You two will be the perfect Cindy and Prince Charming! Disney is going to offer you a job as a costume designer some day!

I hope your furbaby is better. My hubby took our dogs out to walk to my son's house right behind ours. A coyote grabbed my chunky chihuahua. DH just had knee surgery, son is disabled with back problems but the too of them and my pit mix took off after the coyote. Pit mix got her back. Fortunately just puncture wounds and general bruising. 3 yrs ago coyote got son's puppy, broke neck in two spots but she is just a bundle of joy today. We have been blessed twice now.

Love, love, love the Cinderella and Prince outfits and all of the other goodies. I need to get busy. I have been making ruffle butt diaper covers as well as princess dresses. Granddaughter is 5 months old but making 4T princess dresses for a planned cruise. As well as a bunch of tiny clothes. Darn those seams are hard to sew, lol

Oh Tami - that is sooooo scarey!!! So glad you got your doggie back!!

This morning was a little scarey here. We live right across the parking lot from a little local church. The Pastor (our neighbor Aaron) was walking across the parking lot and a man who was obviously under the influence of something jumped out at him - Im not sure if he hit him or not - I heard yelling and Tigger started barking - another man ran out of the church to help Pastor Aaron, but I didnt know what to do - I got my cell to call 911 but then the police pulled up - so sad....Yes, a church is a place that people can come to when they need help, but is there really a need to attack the pastor who could help you???? I feel like I should bake a plate of brownies or something and take them over to his family...they are doing a lot of good in our town, and I dont want this to discourage them, you know?:confused3

Wow wow wow! They are the best costumes I have ever seen! Please post action pics when you get a chance please.

This morning was a little scarey here. We live right across the parking lot from a little local church. The Pastor (our neighbor Aaron) was walking across the parking lot and a man who was obviously under the influence of something jumped out at him - Im not sure if he hit him or not - I heard yelling and Tigger started barking - another man ran out of the church to help Pastor Aaron, but I didnt know what to do - I got my cell to call 911 but then the police pulled up - so sad....Yes, a church is a place that people can come to when they need help, but is there really a need to attack the pastor who could help you???? I feel like I should bake a plate of brownies or something and take them over to his family...they are doing a lot of good in our town, and I dont want this to discourage them, you know?:confused3

Oh no, that must have been super scary. I hope the man was able to get the help he needed. I hope Pastor Aaron and his family will have a restful evening to recover from that situation.

It was such a beautiful day that we decided to go down the beach! :beach:You never know when your last beach day will be once you hit September. We went on the boardwalk for just a little bit to get Tim an Angry Birds Phillie's shirt for his birthday - I was soooo bummed I couldnt get a slice of pizza, I knew it wouldnt agree with me these days!!! It was nice because we brought Tigger too - my puppy will be 1 in a few weeks!!! I cant believe it!!! He is such a hoot - I am so thankful for him!!
th_100_5561_zps60f28a6e.jpg

If there is anyone who'd like to make a Tshirt for Noah's older brother or sister, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Their Big give is looking Great!! Jessica posted a new one today too for a little cutie pie!!!!:thumbsup2

Oh my golly your pup is ADORABLE! So glad you had a chance to sneak away to the beach. Prayers for the pastor and his family.

I am the proud new owner of a Singer Serger 14SH764

Heres hoping all works well. I have never gone in and just bought something without looking at the exact reviews on that model.

Next Step: Brother PE770
Erin

WOO HOO! CONGRATS! FX it's great to you and never gives you an ounce of trouble.

I will start selling them eventually. I have just wanted to make sure that I work out the kinks in the various designs and make sure they stitch out nicely. I hate designs with needless thread changes and a million tiny pieces that should have been done as fill instead of applique. I am close to being satisfied with my designs.

So this morning my husband woke up at 6 am to let the dog out. She scampered off the deck and next thing we knew she was squealing and yelping. It woke the whole house up (including the 2 girls we had here for sleepovers). My husband rushed out and got the dog because he thought that the fox had attacked her but it just turned out that the fox happened to be running through the yard. The vet thinks she either tore something in her leg or sprained her little, tiny doggy wrist. The x-rays didn't show any breaks thank goodness. She still won't put any weight on it and cries when her leg gets touched. We can't give her any pain medication because she can't tolerate it. The vet said that all she really needs is time and rest. I hope that is correct.

All your designs are great! I think you will make a killing once you start selling them.

Prayers for your pup. I do hope she heals okay.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are going to be the "talk of the ball!"

This is a really cute top! I hope that adding the tender touch or shirring it instead (like others have suggested) helps and she wants to wear it!

ETA: NEVER MIND -- I am going to use felt b/c I found another tut that used felt on both sides and it looks decent and will be easiest to do -- my dd will have to suffer if it's too heavy!

QUESTION????

Advice needed on fabric to use to make bird wings -- most I see use felt but I think that would be heavy and not flow well. Costume satin would be pretty but it frays too much and I have to round/curve the ends of the feathers so I want something I can just cut and not hem. I am going for a look similar to this:

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/coolest-jewel-from-rio-bird-costume-4.html

Obviously I would use scarlet macaw colors though -- this lady used felt but wouldn't that get heavy???

DD is doing a report on the scarlet macaw on Friday and the report is written as if she is the bird so she wants to dress the part. Why she couldn't have gotten an easier Amazon animal is beyond me. But, she will wear it for Halloween :) Report is due on Friday though so I need to start this tomorrow!

I have seen boas used too which I like but dd thinks looks too fluffy :confused3

LOL, I am late and see you've already made up your mind but this is going to be a FABULOUS costume! Can't wait to see it! Your DD is so lucky to have a mama like you who will help make this for her.

Just trying to catch up. Everything looks really great but I'm sure I missed a lot and there was way to much to quote but you all make me really, really want an embroidery machine. I'll have to live vicariously through all of you and my friend in Australia who just got one and has been posting her stuff on Facebook. I do love the girls Spiderman and Marvel stuff and the prince costume is coming along great. I think my favorites would have to be the potato head shirts. I really need to find some of that fabric to make a shirt or two for my nephew and a dress for my niece.

I should have been packing this week since I leave Wednesday morning, no packing has been done yet, but I was trying to find then trying to make a dress for my daughter for homecoming. Hard for both because she doesn't live with me so it was all done with no input from her . All she told me was neon was the theme for the dance. Try as I might, nothing neon found up near me anywhere, even fabric in neon was only found in lime green (which she won't wear) or orange. I got permission from her for hot pink but still nothing so I decided to make something, without telling her.

She will up tonight to see it for the first time. I don't know what she'll say but she is 15 and opinionated, won't be nice to save my feelings. I don't even know if it will fit her because I based the size of some quick measurements we did once just to see how sizes have changed from the 50's. I hope it fits.....

th_LP010336_zps1bdb634c.jpg
th_LP010341_zpsb37d84cd.jpg

Then yesterday I asked if she got the paperwork to go to the dance, she doesn't go to the school so she needs permission, only to find out she is not going. they are going bowling instead.

I will still finish this dress. I used costume satin for the skirt and teal taffeta for the top with a pink star organza overlay which is really 3 colors and not just pink as you can see. The bottom need hemming and although the pattern says straight around, I think I'm going to make it asymmetrical and do shorter in front and longer in back. I have to play with it to figure it out exactly but I really should start packing so I don't forget anything.

I did finish the my Merida costume completely and corrected my mistakes on my boys bowling shirts and overlocked all the seams inside to make them pretty and put all buttons and button holes on them. No pictures of those but you'll see them in my trip pictures. I know I'm going to miss seeing a ton while I'm gone. I can't wait to catch up and I haven't even left yet. Once my kids are gone to school, I think I'll finish my laundry and get started on packing. Got to figure out what to pack, weatherbug says 80's but people coming back have said 100.

OH I've do hope you've started packing by now! IF not, then GET TO IT!!!

The dress you made looks great. I am sorry she punked out on you though. That would sort of make me mad! Hopefully she will find another reason to wear it though.

I have so much to do this weekend so I should have loads of sneaks, I also need to decide what I am actually making my family for our December trip so I can do an outfit or two a week.

Oh and I want to try my hand at my first tote bag I think I finally figured out how to do it after 2 years of looking at tutorials. I am so chicken to try anything new.

Oh I can't wait to go see what you've been working on. And YAY for branching out and trying new things! I hope you've discovered that you were worried over nothing.

And I finally made my dd a shirt with Heather's schnauzer but forgot to get a pic yesterday when she wore it -- though she was sooooo upset b/c she no one complimented her on it.

Maybe it looked so good that no one realized YOU made it? I know I don't usually go complimenting other people for their store bought clothing!

I finished up a couple of projects today. I did all the appliques for the sundress and capris a couple of months ago. Then they got buried in my project pile and I forgot about them. I found them on Tuesday when I did a little, much needed cleaning in the sewing room. I had put the project aside because I initially I did the appliques directly onto the flowered fabric. I really didn't like it. When I found it on Tuesday I decided to cut the appliques out and sew them onto other panels of fabric. I left the bodice alone because that would have been too much trouble to take apart and change. I also left the capris alone because I thought that the Red Queen stood enough on them.

front:
th_P9200044_zps7cfec6f2.jpg
th_P9200045_zps9dacfa6b.jpg

Here are close ups of all the appliques. I was very happy with how most of these turned out. A couple need some tiny tweeks.
th_P9200043_zpsdcecd862.jpg
th_P9200042_zps348a0268.jpg
th_P9200040_zpse200ae58.jpg
th_P9200039_zps11848e1a.jpg
th_P9200038_zps41088bd1.jpg
th_P9200037_zps4e9f8c1c.jpg

Then I remembered that I back in the summer I bought some t-shirt material with bright colored daisies all over it. So I made this:
th_P9200034_zps24c22aa8.jpg
th_P9200035_zps07d2171a.jpg

I LOVE the flower set posted! Those fabrics look so good together! Your appliques look great!

And I'm so glad to see that knit sewn up! I bought the same one on super clearance like you ($2/yd) and couldn't really picture it as a piece of clothing! Maybe I will get brave and cut into it soon.

I am sulking a bit tonight. After taking inventory of my children's fall/winter wardrobes, I determined that my DS needs some warm jammies. I have 3 flannel prints I can use but discovered that the fleece print I had bought for him has FLOWERS all over it. I can't have my boy wearing flowers! I have three girls and this is the only boy I'll ever have so I'll be darned if he wears something girlie! Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, just run out and pick something up that would work. Only I promised myself I would use up a large chunk of my stash before I bought more. I think I'll just work with the flannel for now (we live in TX, so it won't get too cold for quite a while longer).

Sunshine

I hope your furbaby is better. My hubby took our dogs out to walk to my son's house right behind ours. A coyote grabbed my chunky chihuahua. DH just had knee surgery, son is disabled with back problems but the too of them and my pit mix took off after the coyote. Pit mix got her back. Fortunately just puncture wounds and general bruising. 3 yrs ago coyote got son's puppy, broke neck in two spots but she is just a bundle of joy today. We have been blessed twice now.
l
How scary! We had a coyote living in the field near our house. But I haven't seen it in several years. I know that there are coyotes living in the area. I usually go outside to supervise when I let the dog out. I am actually even a little worried that a large hawk could swoop down and take her. I've seen some hawks flying pretty low and checking her out.

Wow, what a strange and scary thing to have happen. I'm glad that it seemed to have turned out ok. I think that taking them brownies or something would be a lovely gesture. It would help them remember that they have good and kind neighbors too.

All your designs are great! I think you will make a killing once you start selling them.

I LOVE the flower set posted! Those fabrics look so good together! Your appliques look great!

And I'm so glad to see that knit sewn up! I bought the same one on super clearance like you ($2/yd) and couldn't really picture it as a piece of clothing! Maybe I will get brave and cut into it soon.

I am sulking a bit tonight. After taking inventory of my children's fall/winter wardrobes, I determined that my DS needs some warm jammies. I have 3 flannel prints I can use but discovered that the fleece print I had bought for him has FLOWERS all over it. I can't have my boy wearing flowers! I have three girls and this is the only boy I'll ever have so I'll be darned if he wears something girlie! Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, just run out and pick something up that would work. Only I promised myself I would use up a large chunk of my stash before I bought more. I think I'll just work with the flannel for now (we live in TX, so it won't get too cold for quite a while longer).

Sunshine
Thanks for the compliments on my designs and the the dress. I really liked the flower knit fabric and for $2 per yard, I just couldn't resist it! I am also trying to sew from my stash and use things up. But I do give myself some leeway to purchase items that are "needed". I don't have any boys but I am pretty sure that I wouldn't make them wear flower pajamas if I did have some. I am sure that flannel pajamas will be warm enough for a while. One of my daughters wears short to sleep in all year and the other one wants sweatpants all year. I don't get it!:confused3

I can't wait to see what you make with the same knit fabric. I always love to see what people do with the same fabrics I used. Last year somebody posted a dress on here made with a bright colored daisy fabric and I'd used the same fabric to make a shower curtain for my dd's bathroom!

BTW, Ellie Inspired has a knit dress pattern on sale for half price. I'm not sure how much longer it will be on sale but it is a super cute pattern:
http://www.ellieinspired.com/2012/09/21/featured-friday-2/

Holy mother of pearl...we leave on Friday! I finished the "must have" sewing and embroidery last night. Now I just have to try and make a cute Halloween dress for me before we leave. Oh, and a couple of shirts that are not must haves for hubby and I. The kids are packed, just mom and dad left. I can't wait to go, but really don't want to start the dress, I am so done right now.

Do you ever get to that point before you leave? :faint: Just wish it was all done.

How scary! We had a coyote living in the field near our house. But I haven't seen it in several years. I know that there are coyotes living in the area. I usually go outside to supervise when I let the dog out. I am actually even a little worried that a large hawk could swoop down and take her. I've seen some hawks flying pretty low and checking her out.

Wow, what a strange and scary thing to have happen. I'm glad that it seemed to have turned out ok. I think that taking them brownies or something would be a lovely gesture. It would help them remember that they have good and kind neighbors too.

BTW, Ellie Inspired has a knit dress pattern on sale for half price. I'm not sure how much longer it will be on sale but it is a super cute pattern:
http://www.ellieinspired.com/2012/09/21/featured-friday-2/
Thank you for causing me to spend $4.95 even though I'm not allowed to buy any patterns or new knits. Problem is, my paypal went through and I have no pattern -- not sure if it is supposed to get e-mailed to me or what:confused3 I e-mailed the folks to find out where my pattern is. I think it would actually be feasible to figure this pattern out on my own, which is what I usually do, but truth be told I'm clueless about doing necklines on knits. The Olivia has the hood and I wouldn't know how to make it without. I liked the neckline finish on this pattern so thought I'd splurge for the $5 for that part of the instructions. I have a few scrap knits so hopefully I can use a couple of different ones for the layers of the dress. I think dd will wear this -- she won't wear cotton dresses anymore but loves her Olivia.

I totally hear you on the hawks -- doubt they could pick up my boy, but my girl is lighter. I was always outside with them as pups and always go out when I see hawks in our trees or hear them. They could definitely nab a pomeranian.

We don't have coyotes here, but did in RI. One night they woke me up howling as we had a forest behind our home -- I never saw any though, but neighbors had plenty of sightings.

Holy mother of pearl...we leave on Friday! I finished the "must have" sewing and embroidery last night. Now I just have to try and make a cute Halloween dress for me before we leave. Oh, and a couple of shirts that are not must haves for hubby and I. The kids are packed, just mom and dad left. I can't wait to go, but really don't want to start the dress, I am so done right now.

Do you ever get to that point before you leave? :faint: Just wish it was all done.
Good luck getting everything done. I never got everything finished before our trip but I got the major items done. DD was just without matching jewelry event hough I had purchased all the supplies.

Sunshine
Flannel should do for now! I kind of have to laugh b/c I bought some Pooh fabric to make something for a boy for a BG and when I got home I realized it had flowers on it. Had to change those plans! I have three flannel fabrics to make pj pants for my ds and I never seem to find the time to make them (2 of them were supposed to be for last winter -- oops!).

Finally joining back in. Its been a crazy couple months since our trip. Allison has been quite sick and in and out of the hospital. Been able to do some sewing and its been great to get a few things done. We started homebound school again and its been a trying time. Hope to be able to catch up on everything on here soon! So far what i have seen looks great!

I totally hear you on the hawks -- doubt they could pick up my boy, but my girl is lighter. I was always outside with them as pups and always go out when I see hawks in our trees or hear them. They could definitely nab a pomeranian.

Flannel should do for now! I kind of have to laugh b/c I bought some Pooh fabric to make something for a boy for a BG and when I got home I realized it had flowers on it. Had to change those plans! I have three flannel fabrics to make pj pants for my ds and I never seem to find the time to make them (2 of them were supposed to be for last winter -- oops!).

Sunshine

I guess I didn't over think it on the flowers, I made these Tigger shirts for my boys and they have flowers. I don't think (hopefully.) they will be too damaged by them. I sort of like the hippie vibe they have. And the fabric was SUPER cheap at Hancock when I got it, like $3 a yard.

Also, my mom lives in Colorado and had a hawk take her dog once. I never actually met the dog since this happened when I was away at college and she had the poor thing only a couple weeks. It was some sort of tiny terrier pocket-sized dog, I don't remember exactly what type, but it was a terrible experience for her. She currently has a 4 lb shih-tzu who she keeps on a short leash outside because of the previous experience, even though the dog would stay right by her without. I have always had big dogs so we have had the opposite problem, big dogs catching the little creatures. :(

Andrea- how much fabric does a knit dress like that take, say in a size 6? any ideas? I havent sewn with knit before???

What model was it? I'm in Canada so nojoanns but I wonder if it is the same singer we have at Walmart here.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but my daughter had her baby 5 1/2 weeks early and I've been away and just got back.

My serger is a Singer ProFinish 14CG754
I checked Walmart's website and it looks like the one they carry is very similar with the features being almost identical. They do carry the one I have on Amazon for $189. Hope this helps!

I guess I didn't over think it on the flowers, I made these Tigger shirts for my boys and they have flowers. I don't think (hopefully.) they will be too damaged by them. I sort of like the hippie vibe they have. And the fabric was SUPER cheap at Hancock when I got it, like $3 a yard.

Also, my mom lives in Colorado and had a hawk take her dog once. I never actually met the dog since this happened when I was away at college and she had the poor thing only a couple weeks. It was some sort of tiny terrier pocket-sized dog, I don't remember exactly what type, but it was a terrible experience for her. She currently has a 4 lb shih-tzu who she keeps on a short leash outside because of the previous experience, even though the dog would stay right by her without. I have always had big dogs so we have had the opposite problem, big dogs catching the little creatures. :(
Those flowers remind me more of Hawaiian style shirts -- those shirts totally work for a boy. My ds has quite a few shirts with flowers, but the Hawaiian flowers -- dh as well. The Pooh fabric I got had little garden areas with pink and purple flowers. I could have gotten away with it but opted not to.

I would have been beside myself if a hawk stole my puppy. Though I have a happy story to tell. This was a friend of a friend -- she had either a poodle (toy) or bichon and a hawk took off with it. They saw it happen. They advertised everywhere hoping the hawk would drop it. A week or so later a family found a little doggie running alongside the road. Via the magic of internet they located the owners and sure enough, when the owners told them what happened the finders looked through the fluff and found marks from the talons. The dog was found almost two hours north of where the family lived. So a happy ending to that story and one can only hope the hawk didn't retain your mom's stolen puppy and that it is living happily in a new home.

My Shih Tzus are much bigger than your mom's -- my girl is flawless (perfect show dog except she's our pet and not a show dog) and weighs 13 pounds, though she looks much smaller. Her brother is nothing like her -- he has wavy hair (not fluffy) and really long legs. He weights almost 17 pounds! He's not fat -- he's just really tall.

Andrea- how much fabric does a knit dress like that take, say in a size 6? any ideas? I havent sewn with knit before???
I would guess between 1- 1.5 yards though I can't say for sure as I don't have the pattern and have not received an e-mail back!!!!!!! I know the Olivia takes more but that's due to the hood -- you can make it without a hood though. My Hopscotch pattern is hopefully somewhere in cyberspace and will get here. I don't need it immediately -- I am still working on the macaw costume. Wings are almost done but I need to work on the tutu portion. I can't do anymore on the wings without dd here to fit it. The pics I posted of the blue bird the lady used a sweatshirt and glued the felt on for feathers. I am trying ot make my wings completely separate from the shirt I have so dd can still have a plain red long sleeved shirt.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but my daughter had her baby 5 1/2 weeks early and I've been away and just got back.

I checked Walmart's website and it looks like the one they carry is very similar with the features being almost identical. They do carry the one I have on Amazon for $189. Hope this helps!
Congrats on the grandbaby -- hope everyone is doing well despite the early arrival.

Those are great shirts.

Congratulations on your grandbaby!

Hi Disboutique Friends,
May I ask that you all please pray for Wendy as she has some medical tests today. Wendy has always given so much to other with the Big Gives and cares to much more for others than she has for her own self.

Please if you would say a prayer for her today and let her know that we are all thinking and praying for her, it would be thoughtful.

That is a very nice dress. I hope it will fit your daugther and she will get a chance to wear it to a special event.

I don't think it will happen. All I got when my DD saw it was EW! Why would I ever wear something like that.

Wonderful costumes, I think you may get into some trouble when other guests start asking for your autographs though... hehe !

OH I've do hope you've started packing by now! IF not, then GET TO IT!!!

The dress you made looks great. I am sorry she punked out on you though. That would sort of make me mad! Hopefully she will find another reason to wear it though.

Sunshine

How did you know I haven't finished packing yet ?? My boys have been packed for a few days and I just went over their stuff but I'm barely started on my stuff yet. I just don't know what to bring and I'm sure I'm over-packing but I guess that would be better than forgetting things. I leave my house tomorrow night so I know I need to hurry.

I was told it would never be worn by her and it was all I could do to convince her to put it on for 2 seconds so I could see if I got the size right. perfect on the bust but the darts will have to be bigger on the stomach because their was too much fabric there. I got a giant Ew ! and an eye roll for the whole thing. 2nd thing I've made for her and neither will be worn so I guess I'm done making her things. Her BFF did think it was cute but not her style and thought my sewing was gorgeous and couldn't believe how good I've gotten with them.

Congrats on the grand-daughter ! My DD was born that early too and she has been in a hurry and pushy ever since. Good luck !

I leave tomorrow and haven't finished packing yet. I've got a lot to do and not so much time left. I guess I should get back to it. Over packing is better than forgetting right ??

I wanted to say thanks for all the opinions on an embroidery machine. We went to the Bernia store and they were kinda rude and not helpful at all. They wouldn't really tell us about any of the machines so we left. We went to get my moms old machine fixed and they sold Brother machines and we fell in love the second we walked in. The place had Disney stuff all over! I asked the lady about the machines and she was very helpful. She spent an hour with us showing us the different machines and what each one did. She showed us the 770 but my mom fell in love with the more expensive ones.:rotfl: So now she is trying to convince my step-dad she needs it.

I will hopefully be able to post some pics of some stuff she has sewn this week.

Thank you for causing me to spend $4.95 even though I'm not allowed to buy any patterns or new knits. Problem is, my paypal went through and I have no pattern -- not sure if it is supposed to get e-mailed to me or what:confused3 I e-mailed the folks to find out where my pattern is. I think it would actually be feasible to figure this pattern out on my own, which is what I usually do, but truth be told I'm clueless about doing necklines on knits. The Olivia has the hood and I wouldn't know how to make it without. I liked the neckline finish on this pattern so thought I'd splurge for the $5 for that part of the instructions. I have a few scrap knits so hopefully I can use a couple of different ones for the layers of the dress. I think dd will wear this -- she won't wear cotton dresses anymore but loves her Olivia. Also they emailed me the pattern with the pattern as an attachment. It actually went to my husband's email because his is the one linked to our paypal account.

The neckline on a knit dress is really easy. Everybody is always intimidated by knits but to tell you the truth, I've found them easier to work with than most woven fabrics and certainly easier than taffeta and satins! You might try buyings some Fold Over Elastic for the necklines. It comes in really pretty colors and is easy to work with. I liked the new Ellie Inspired pattern because it could have a knit skirt or a woven cotton skirt. I think I could have figured this pattern out also, but I kind of wanted the pattern pieces for the skirt so that I didn't waste the more knit fabric which tends to cost a bit more.

My little doggy is only 7 lbs. so I guess that a hawk could easily get her.

Finally joining back in. Its been a crazy couple months since our trip. Allison has been quite sick and in and out of the hospital. Been able to do some sewing and its been great to get a few things done. We started homebound school again and its been a trying time. Hope to be able to catch up on everything on here soon! So far what i have seen looks great!
Sorry that you've had a rough time in the last few months. I hope you are able to get a routine going with the homebound schooling and everything else. I also hope that Allison is improving. Make sure to post some pictures of what you've sewn lately.

I guess I didn't over think it on the flowers, I made these Tigger shirts for my boys and they have flowers.

I think that the flowers on the shirts are very Hawaiian looking with makes it very cool for a boy's shirt.

I think I am going to have to watch my 7lb baby a little more closely when she is out in the yard. I always guessed that a hawk might be able to get her but I wasn't sure!

We've always had smaller dogs. The biggest dog I ever had was a 20lb basenji when I was in junior high school. She was a really sweetie but had hunting dog instincts. She loved to chase the squirrels in the backyard but never caught any. Until one day she chased a squirrel and it must have had a heart attack because it just fell over dead in front of her. The poor dog had no idea what to do and just ran away as fast as she could!

Wendy, I just looked at my pattern. A size 6 in the view A (which is the all knit dress) takes 2 1/4 yards of fabric.

I don't think it will happen. All I got when my DD saw it was EW! Why would I ever wear something like that.

Congrats on the grand-daughter ! My DD was born that early too and she has been in a hurry and pushy ever since. Good luck !
Sorry that she didn't like the dress. That sounds like my girls. That's why I don't sew very much for them. They have liked the Rosetta bags and tote bags that I made them so I am just sticking to those for a while.

Your dd sounds just like my older one who was also born around 5 weeks early.

Disneychic2 Sorry that I missed your quote. My older dd was born just as early. She had a few issues with some gross and fine motor delays but nothing serious at all. My dd is very smart and does really well in school. I am sure your new grandbaby will do just as well as my daughter. Congratulations!

Am I the only one who has a great dislike of sewing on buttons? I always laugh when people see what I do and make the comment that they can't even sew on a button. I can but I really hate doing it. Its not the button holes, its the buttons. Yesterday I finally made myself sit down and sew buttons on the girls clothes. I did 16 buttons on 4 outfits. Done. Well that is until I finish the outfits I am doing right now because they too have buttons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter