Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Here are some things I have been working on lately.
Most of what I have done so far is Back-to-School stuff and I might be too late this year but that's ok.

th_658.jpg

[IMG
th_651.jpg

]
th_652.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/shannonosmo/658.jpg[/IMG]

th_653.jpg

th_654.jpg

th_655.jpg

th_659.jpg

th_660.jpg

Great job! Everything is so cute. Good luck on your new store!

I love this fabric! If fabric.com runs out quiltshops.com has a ton of it. I just wish I could find the fabric that has the kids heads and country flags on it. Why must they discontinue fabric that we love?

Thanks for the tip on quiltshops.com, I didn't know that one. I don't know why they keep discontinuing! If it sells out, they should make more! :confused3 I think I should have gotten more than 1 panel of the blocks though, they are very IASW/Mary Blair to me and I'm sure I could come up with some different uses.

I think I figured out the picture thing, way easier than before! This was 2 years ago.

74274_1582147285562_8057699_n.jpg

75827_1582146245536_4826378_n.jpg

73733_1582148725598_909818_n.jpg

75698_1582147005555_1942467_n.jpg

Those are great! I bet the kids loved them!

It's my first day of work today (training) so thus begins our new life. It'll be good though, just got to get into a routine. Also, can anyone tell me why my ticker is cut off??

karrierock said:
I think I figured out the picture thing, way easier than before! This was 2 years ago.

Omg the baby alien is too adorable! What awesome costumes! Love them.

Okay, about transferring over quotes from another thread: when you've gathered all your quotes and go to respond on the new thread under the text box where you type there will be (in REALLY REALLY small letters) something like "use quotes from other thread" either click on that link (or check the box....I can't remember for sure which one) and it will add the quotes you picked up from the other thread to the new one. HTH and didn't end up confusing you more.

I really hope that you get all the sewing you want finished before your trip. I just know that you are going to have a fabulous time meeting everyone else!

Sunshine
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll retain that bit of knowledge when we move to thread 30. And I'm behind already since I was gone over the weekend so I will likely have to break this into two posts.

I did finish my sewing -- it was mainly hospitality gifts for Judy and family so once I get the pics off the camera I will show you what I did.

Recently I completed another set of pillowcases for Give Kids the World. I made only 37 pillowcases this time because the flannel keeps getting smaller and it's harder to get four pillowcases from a yard. I think next go around I may just plan to make three per yard.

Back in the day the flannel was 44-45" wide, last week at Joann I checked and it's down to 41"!!! (The website still lists 43", but when I checked a bolt at the store it's 41".) Surprisingly the price has not gone down to reflect the smaller size!

th_sewing070.jpg
For my last set I was able to get 4 per yard of flannel, but my flannel was probably purchased a year ago. It's really sad that Joann's is doing that. It always reminds me of the ice cream cartons -- you no longer get as much ice cream as you used to, yet the price is higher. Anywhoo, I love the fabrics you used for the cases and I know GKTW will be very thankful.

It occured to me that maybe you aren't quilting straight lines, in which case my method won't work.

I also occured to me that Nini has much more experience in these things than I.
And probably other disboutiquers are more experienced in quilting than I do, but here goes.

Here's the way I do it for straight lines.

Or you can sew diagonally.

th_sewing077.jpg

I did the "double" diagonal for Dorrrine's quilt.
Oh, I like Dorrrine's quilt! When I quilted fabric on my tote bags I just drew the lines on with a ruler and sewed over the lines I drew -- I was lining up quilted squares -- just sewing fusible fleece to a solid sheet of fabric. Guaranteed there are flaws, but Judy never complains.

QUESTION: For those who have made the simply sweet dress, I am starting to cut out two to make Minnie dresses for a friend's twins 3rd birthday Minnie party, and it says for the bodice to use 3 fabrics. I have whit muslin I use for my bowling shirts lining, but it says to use gingham or something else I am not familiar with for the underlying. I have green gingham on hand, though not much, should I use 2 layers of white muslin? Or risk the green showing thru pink polka dots, or I have iron-on interfacing, if I do that on both the fashion and lining fabric will that work?
I NEVER do the underlining. I line with either muslin or solid fabrics that I find all the time in Walmart's remnant bin. And I no longer line bowling shirts either.

Thank you, I decided that I kinda like it too!

And thank you everyone for your help - I finally did it!!!

And now to share how simple the fix was - I was using the wrong presser foot.

Yes, I can laugh at myself now!!
Super!!!!! Glad you finally figured out the problem and now hopefully you can move on without any further frustration.

I also have bought from This and That from Japan on Etsy, as well as sellers EmiCraftinJapan and HanamiBoutique there. I've never had a problem and in my experience, Japanese sellers add little "bonuses" in with the package. I've gotten a tiny origami paper crane and an extra scrap of random fabric before and it just adds a little bit of extra special-ness for my daughter and I when I open up those packages. Plus, the stamps are cool!
Hey, I just noticed you live in Milwaukee. I grew up in West Allis. And congrats on your new job. Save, save, save for that embroidery machine!

Edited to add a quick picture of the pool robes I made for the kids. They love them, and they came in so handy walking through the lobby to get to and from the pool!
th_photo-3.jpg
Those are great! And I saw you made them out of towels! Well done!

My baby left New York today headed for California and college. Keep your eyes open for a black Forester with NY veteran license plates. His first stop is Kentucky.
Safe travels to your baby.

When I was small my dad's route was River Oaks (which was then the richest area of Houston.) My dad was always very regular and you could practically set you watch by his schedule. He was also very friendly. He used to get lots of presents, too. Dad was one of the people who quietly helped others when he saw that they needed it. For example, he would quietly go back to church on Sunday afternoon and pull the weeds from the flower beds--no one knew. He often helped others. When he died, I had a lot of older and a few younger men come up to me and tell me that my dad was the best friend they had ever had.

My mother, on the other hand was "showey"--note the emphasis on my looking and acting like a lady. I never saw her do things for others unless she got acknowledgement and lots of it. I never felt that I quite lived up to her expectations. Guess who I admired and wanted to model myself after?
Piper, you post reminds is a bit ironic because Judy just posted on her ptr about "kindness" and your father indeed fits the bill!

I think anyone likes compliments and acknowledgements, but I still like doing things whether that happens or not. I think that's why the BG works well for a lot of us -- we're kind of doing something behind the scenes for our own personal pleasure and get rewarded internally for our acts of kindness.
Hi all!!! I was lurking and posted about finding fabric... I wanted to post an outfit I made ALL by myself!!!

I am not the pro you ladies are but I am trying. I made the applique and shorts tonight. I used a zig zag stitch to go around mickeys head. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I just have a regular sewing machine.
th_IMG_1466.jpg

th_IMG_1467.jpg

This shirt I really messed up on the stitching but I am hoping when it is on my son you cannot notice it.
th_IMG_1468.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
Looking good! Isn't it exciting to get your first applique done?! Did you read Heather's tutorial for hand appliqueing -- it's worth looking at if you haven't. She gives great info and tips. Link is in the bookmarks on page 1.

Those are awesome! I only have a regular machine too, and was wondering if that was even possible. Thanks for trying it out first! LOL
It absolutely is possible -- many of us hand applique. Look for Heather's Applique Tutorial for great instructions (on page one of this thread in Teresa's original post you'll find the link).

Here are Andrea's directions. I emailed them to myself once upon a time, but haven't used them. For some reason, neither of my sons seem interested.

Andrea does amazing patchwork twirls!!!
Thank you and thanks for reposting the instructions. So sad that your boys aren't intersted in patchwork twirls.

Got these done yesterday afternoon!!! My thanks to whomever had originally posted the pirate skirt with the coins!!!

228568_4324574795208_400061859_n.jpg

This is for my munchkin pirate:

393872_4324918483800_170370441_n.jpg

For my princess princess:

17 days and counting!!!
Both look great! I hope you post pics of them being modeled.

Are there any pictures handy for her patchwork twirl?

Too cute!
I will try to post some former ones I've done later today. Stay tuned....

HELP!

I am trying to put the name Donald on a blanket. I have a PE770. I have heather sue's font. But how do I get the letters to be a word? I don't want to buy a program right now. Is there a way to set it up on the machine? Currently I have each letter in its own file on the usb.
There is no way to set it up with your machine without having a program to do so. You can only make words with the prebuilt in fonts. You could do them letter by letter, but it may be hard to line up. I *think* Stitch Era Universal may have a free trial download that you might be able to use though.

Specifically, I'm going to pin this on PIPER and pyrxtc......

All this vintage pattern posting and nostalgic talk of dressing in the 50's MADE me just spend about $45 on vintage patterns so I can have a "50's inspired Christmas"! So come December, my family shall look like we came out of a Norman Rockwell drawing! Once all the patterns get here, I'll take a picture and post what I purchased.

Sunshine
Just remeber to go by measurements and not sizes. Piper posted she was a size 10 -- with the changes manufacturers have made in clothing she would likely wear a size 2 by today's standards. I was a size 8 for my wedding. I am 13 pounds heavier and now and wear a size 6. So go by the measurements!

I
I believe the original idea of coins came from Andrea. They look great!

OK I'm just a little jealous that you got to meet and spend some time with Andrea. I am also over the moon happy to hear that Lisa is shopping!! I'm glad she is feeling well and has recovered from her last surgery!

What a great picture, I hope you all have a great time!!!
I did dangly coins on a pirate skirt so they could be removed for washing. My first was for a BG family so I didn't want them to have to hassle with delicate washing or a ruined skirt.

I got to see your hospital gown in person! I got to see lots of BG items in person too! It was so much fun!

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes. I hadn't seen hers before I made mine. I wish I had, I would have used her idea to have the coins be removable. I'm afraid to wash it!
See above -- I just did dangly removable ones -- I was not the one who did them as a trim. I would have loved to but I was scared about the washing and my first skirts were for a BG family so I wanted to make life easy for them.

Been crazy busy with some projects (thanks everyone for your input on the simply sweet layering bodice thing. I went with the outer and a muslin liner. It's looking cute so far but I am in ruffle h-e-double-hockeysticks having never ruffled anything before, it's a whole new world...)

I did finish one thing I loved, it was simple but it was a birthday gift for a friend who is going to Disney World with our family. She is nuts for UP but no fabric exists in this universe I guess for UP, so I improvised with a clearance hoodie from Target and some cute appliqués. She loved it. I think it turned out great. I picked up two more of these hoodies for projects for me, someday.

That looks great! No wonder she loved it.

I

Haven't had anytime to work on any other project this weekend since I am trying to catch up on my sleep from my son's surgery yesterday. Everything went well except the coming out, we had a bit of pain control issue and then thanks to propofol sleep, nap time was TOTALLY screwed up! Sleep depravation meant a 10pm bedtime for both of us and so I needed a nap today, too! I feel like SUCH a slacker! Maybe I can do something tomorrow during naptime besides sleep myself He's eating like a horse (and stuff I'd not think he was ready for) already BUT not drinking enough at all! And we've started with a slight fever...with his immune status I have to keep telling myself it is because he needs to drink more while at the same time worrying tremendously we've got something brewing Maybe I can at least get to work on the spare room conversion into the craft room...need to make room for all the fabric I bought on Etsy before it shows up!
I am so sorry, I missed the post that your ds was having surgery. I hope his recovery goes well.

Finally took the pics off the camera:

For Stephanie:
th_IMG_4388.jpg

th_IMG_4389.jpg

th_IMG_4390.jpg

th_IMG_4387.jpg

For Stephanie & me at Universal:
th_IMG_4385.jpg

For me:
th_IMG_4383-1.jpg

th_IMG_4384.jpg

For my oldest for when we take her senior pics:

th_IMG_4391.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the inspiration!!
All I can say is WOW! And more WOW! Fabulous items :)
There is nothing I love more than looking at old family pictures so I thought I'd share a few that might help you out. My dad is the oldest child in these photos and was born in 1951. I'm terrible at guessing baby age but my aunt and uncle were both born in May so you might be able to tell what season it is based on that. I have a feeling the last pic is around Christmas and the second one is in early Spring. Click for bigger pics.

I love those -- thanks for sharing. Old photos are so much fun to look at.

And part II:

I did finish one of two Minnie dresses for my friend's twin girls. Their Minnie Party is in a couple weeks for their 3rd birthday. I still need to do the ruffle and attach the skirt on the other dress, but I am taking a ruffle break!

That is really adorable!

I saw you ordered a ruffler but I will share the two ways I ruffle for anyone interested.

1. Use upholstery thread in the bobbin and do two rows of stitching. Pull on the bobbin thread (upholstery) to gather.

2. Zig zag stitch over dental floss -- this method works well if the fabric is thick.

I also serge BEFORE gathering and find it makes it easier/neater. HTHs someone -- these were all tips I've gotten form the Disboutiquers -- quite possibly Tom and Jessica.

Most of what I have done so far is Back-to-School stuff and I might be too late this year but that's ok.

th_658.jpg
[IMG
th_651.jpg

652.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/shannonosmo/th_658.jpg[/IMG]
th_653.jpg

th_654.jpg
th_655.jpg
th_659.jpg
th_660.jpg
My you've been busy! I can't quite pick a favorit though the Hungry Caterpillar is TDF! My dd and white is not a good mix (just ask Judy, though I have found Judy is QUEEN of stain removal!!!!).

:offtopic: Just wondering . . .

I'm thinking of getting an iPad3. I'm not very good about making decisions, so thought I'd ask if anyone else has one or something similar. (FWIW I don't have a smartphone.)
What I would recommend is getting one and having me try it out for you. Then I will let you know if it worth your while to buy yourself one as well. We can use the same method for the smart phone. I really hate for you to actually OWN something that you might not like. I will sacrifice my time testing these products for you because I care so very much about you :)

Super! Your little trick or treaters look awesome :)

I like all of them but I really love the baby alien and his stroller cover to make it look like the pizza planet arcade game. Very, very cool !

It's my first day of work today (training) so thus begins our new life. It'll be good though, just got to get into a routine. Also, can anyone tell me why my ticker is cut off??

Your ticker is cut off because you have too many lines in your signature. Too spaced out.

Thanks for the warning! I didn't know that was against the rules as long as you weren't directly trying to sell on the thread. I modified my post and my etsy id is in my siggie.
Yes, I just got in trouble last week for commenting that I hoped that the 2 outfits I had up for sale in the Main Street Boutiques launch got sold. I thought getting in trouble for making that comment was a little much. I think you were smart to change your post a bit.

I love the outfits! They are awesome! Did you make the stroller cover too or did you buy that?

Cheryl

We have iPad 1 and 2's here and we love them. We will be getting a 3 when I have to replace Js one. since he is a bit rough on it but it is a lifesaver.

I love the outfits! They are awesome! Did you make the stroller cover too or did you buy that?

I bought the cover, it was a rain cover made for that stroller. My then 6 year old and I colored all those aliens in a hurry. Talk about a hand cramp!

Sew much to comment on!! (ha ha)

Again, visiting this board increases the embroidery machine envy - but I have taken steps to go about getting one. I dropped DH the hint I would like one (I think my statement was "OOOoooh I want this!!) And he told me to chill and that Christmas was coming.

He's actually very good at getting me things like this. He gave me my sewing machine for a birthday a few years ago & I didn't even realise that he was paying attention when I stopped by every sewing machine I saw (Walmart, Target, Amazon...etc) And he got me the right one.

I am working on my project for the little girl who is going to see Mickey Mouse for the very first time. I had to take a break to do a couple of birthday gifts for the bestest little twin monsters in the world, but I'm back on track now.

I bit the bullet today, I ordered the Brother PED-Basic set so I can begin my embroidery addiction. How do I know it is going to be an addiction, it took me so long to get up the guts to even try it that once I did and found out how easy it was (compared to what I thought it would be) I am picturing a personalized Christmas!!!

I forgot who was interested in patchwork twirls, but here are some I've done. Some are skirts and some are dresses attached to Simply Sweet bodices. If I use the halter style bodice I add an extra row of elastic to account for the weight of the skirt.

This was for a BG:
BGJustinTink2.jpg

I did this for one of our project runway contests and still have it -- saving it for a BG since it's too small for my dd. There is no embroidery on this dress b/c that was a part of the contest rules. My M&M squares are hand painted:
DSCF5155.jpg

I made two of these for a set of girls for the BG -- I still need to make one for my dd b/c I bough the fabric with her in mind -- maybe next summer!
DSCF5085.jpg

Another BG skirt (this one was made prior to my having an embroidery machine so any square that is appliqued was done by hand):
001-1.jpg

I think you get the idea. I have a few more pictures and will gladly post them if any more are needed but hopefully this gives you an idea. Search back in old threads for pics too. I do all mine with the squares lined up but I have seen many done without lining up the squares and that look is cute too -- lining up just helps me make sure my gathers are even.

And here's my very first one I ever did modeled:
PC110013.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on a pattern for me that can be made using knit. I've done a few things out of knit for my boys but nothing for me. I went to a local fabric store and I scored two pieces of knit for $1.50 a yard. One has 3 yards and one has almost 2 1/2 yards. One piece is a tad bit on the see thru side so I have to be carefull what I decide on for that piece. I also picked up a piece of soft wool to make a warm winter skirt out of for $8 for 2 1/2 yards.

What I would recommend is getting one and having me try it out for you. Then I will let you know if it worth your while to buy yourself one as well. We can use the same method for the smart phone. I really hate for you to actually OWN something that you might not like. I will sacrifice my time testing these products for you because I care so very much about you :)

Excellent idea. I have no interest in a smart phone, but I'm getting closer to getting an iPad. As soon as I get D~'s address so they know where to send the bill I'll get the iPad in the mail to you. (House with the relocated bushes a few miles west of the big gray ships?)

PS I think I parked near you about three weeks ago. Were you in NY? There was a car from Virginia and their license plate was "I POLISH". You're always posting about cleaning, so I said to myself, I bet that's VBA's car.

Cheryl

We have iPad 1 and 2's here and we love them. We will be getting a 3 when I have to replace Js one. since he is a bit rough on it but it is a lifesaver.

Thanks for chiming in. I think I see one on the horizon for Andrea and me.

I forgot who was interested in patchwork twirls, but here are some I've done. Some are skirts and some are dresses attached to Simply Sweet bodices. If I use the halter style bodice I add an extra row of elastic to account for the weight of the skirt.

This was for a BG:
th_BGJustinTink2.jpg

I did this for one of our project runway contests and still have it -- saving it for a BG since it's too small for my dd. There is no embroidery on this dress b/c that was a part of the contest rules. My M&M squares are hand painted:
th_DSCF5155.jpg

I made two of these for a set of girls for the BG -- I still need to make one for my dd b/c I bough the fabric with her in mind -- maybe next summer!
th_DSCF5085.jpg

Another BG skirt (this one was made prior to my having an embroidery machine so any square that is appliqued was done by hand):
th_001-1.jpg

I think you get the idea. I have a few more pictures and will gladly post them if any more are needed but hopefully this gives you an idea. Search back in old threads for pics too. I do all mine with the squares lined up but I have seen many done without lining up the squares and that look is cute too -- lining up just helps me make sure my gathers are even.

PC110013.jpg

I :love: the photo of your daughter.

I had forgotten all of the detail in your skirts. They are over the top.

It just occured to me that when anyone gets a new embroidery machine and they're wondering where to start they could begin with patches for a twirl skirt.

Sew much to comment on!! (ha ha)

Again, visiting this board increases the embroidery machine envy - but I have taken steps to go about getting one. I dropped DH the hint I would like one (I think my statement was "OOOoooh I want this!!) And he told me to chill and that Christmas was coming.
I hope you get exactly what you want. Just make sure to pick something with at least a 5x7 hoop or larger. Embroidery machines are just so much fun!

I bit the bullet today, I ordered the Brother PED-Basic set so I can begin my embroidery addiction. How do I know it is going to be an addiction, it took me so long to get up the guts to even try it that once I did and found out how easy it was (compared to what I thought it would be) I am picturing a personalized Christmas!!!

We can't wait to see what you start making!

This was for a BG:
BGJustinTink2.jpg

DSCF5155.jpg

DSCF5085.jpg

001-1.jpg

PC110013.jpg
Andrea you always make the most beautiful patchwork twirl skirts! I love how they all turn out. You have such a good eye for putting the fabrics together. I love the picture of Alexa with Minnie mouse! Whoever gets the Mickey dress with all the hand painting on it, is going to be one lucky little girl!

Does anyone have any suggestions on a pattern for me that can be made using knit. I've done a few things out of knit for my boys but nothing for me. I went to a local fabric store and I scored two pieces of knit for $1.50 a yard. One has 3 yards and one has almost 2 1/2 yards. One piece is a tad bit on the see thru side so I have to be carefull what I decide on for that piece. I also picked up a piece of soft wool to make a warm winter skirt out of for $8 for 2 1/2 yards.
Are you looking for patterns for you or for the kids? You really got some great bargains on the fabrics.

:offtopic: Just wondering . . .

I'm thinking of getting an iPad3. I'm not very good about making decisions, so thought I'd ask if anyone else has one or something similar. (FWIW I don't have a smartphone.)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I LOVE my iPad3 and before that my ipod touch. I DON'T like multi-quoting on the Dis with it, though. It's far more tedious than with a mouse, imo. That's my only criticism though. Otherwise, I use it constantly!

th_658.jpg

[IMG
th_651.jpg

]
th_652.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/shannonosmo/th_658.jpg[/IMG]

th_653.jpg

th_654.jpg

th_655.jpg

th_659.jpg

th_660.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Everything is super cute! Good luck with your shop!

Welcome back! Very cute costumes!

th_DSCF5155.jpg

th_DSCF5085.jpg

th_001-1.jpg

th_PC110013.jpg

i've said it before, and I'll say it again on your next one...these are beyond amazing! You have such an eye for color, pattern and placement of designs! Love, love, love em!

Regards,
C.

Hi everyone! I have been a lurker/semi poster/question asker on this board before but disappeared because I got super stressed with work last year. I am still itching for an embroidery machine and still not sure which one to get. I know everyone recommended one with a 5x7 hoop but it seems those just aren't in the budget just yet. I know my husband would buy it for me if that is what I really wanted but I am trying to be budget minded. Can someone show me an example of a 4x4 vs 5x7 design? My daughter is only 1 and I know most things I make for her will not be very big at this moment but I am afraid I will want the 5x7.

I did make her a dress and bib for her first birthday and hand appliqued (as you can see I had a minor mess up when I got distracted) that I want to share...

DSC_3273.jpg

DSC_3267.jpg

Love all the old pictures of everyone's family.:goodvibes

Been crazy busy with some projects (thanks everyone for your input on the simply sweet layering bodice thing. I went with the outer and a muslin liner. It's looking cute so far but I am in ruffle h-e-double-hockeysticks having never ruffled anything before, it's a whole new world...)

I did finish one thing I loved, it was simple but it was a birthday gift for a friend who is going to Disney World with our family. She is nuts for UP but no fabric exists in this universe I guess for UP, so I improvised with a clearance hoodie from Target and some cute appliqués. She loved it. I think it turned out great. I picked up two more of these hoodies for projects for me, someday.

Great job on the sweatshirt.

Haven't had anytime to work on any other project this weekend since I am trying to catch up on my sleep from my son's surgery yesterday. Everything went well except the coming out, we had a bit of pain control issue and then thanks to propofol sleep, nap time was TOTALLY screwed up! Sleep depravation meant a 10pm bedtime for both of us and so I needed a nap today, too! I feel like SUCH a slacker! Maybe I can do something tomorrow during naptime besides sleep myself :rotfl: He's eating like a horse (and stuff I'd not think he was ready for) already BUT not drinking enough at all! And we've started with a slight fever...with his immune status I have to keep telling myself it is because he needs to drink more while at the same time worrying tremendously we've got something brewing :sick:Maybe I can at least get to work on the spare room conversion into the craft room...need to make room for all the fabric I bought on Etsy before it shows up!

Hope your son feels better.:grouphug:

Finally took the pics off the camera:

For Stephanie:
th_IMG_4388.jpg

th_IMG_4389.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the inspiration!!
Love all the pictures

Andrea, Lisa and I are having a blast...I am sorry Andrea has to leave tomorrow. :sad2: We greatly missed Amy/4monkeys, Michelle/miprender and Chiara/cogero though. :sad1:
:sad1:

I did finish one of two Minnie dresses for my friend's twin girls. Their Minnie Party is in a couple weeks for their 3rd birthday. I still need to do the ruffle and attach the skirt on the other dress, but I am taking a ruffle break!

So cute.

So I go and introduce myself a few weeks ago then fall off the boards. The house I was waiting to move into finally became mine. So I had to pack up everything in 24 hours and move.

I have been sewing non stop for the past week to finish up some dresses. I am in need of some help from you wonderful ladies. On the last big thread somewhere in the 200 range there was a Harry Potter t-shirt. I am looking for the embroidery that was on it. I thought I found it at Sweet Peas Places but it says there are no designs on that page. It was an HP with a flying snitch around it. Any ideas on where I can find this at?

Congrats on your new place

th_658.jpg

Shannon great job on everything. It is all so adorable.

Cute!

This was for a BG:
BGJustinTink2.jpg

DSCF5155.jpg

DSCF5085.jpg

001-1.jpg

PC110013.jpg

:worship: I just love your skirts.

Hi everyone! I have been a lurker/semi poster/question asker on this board before but disappeared because I got super stressed with work last year. I am still itching for an embroidery machine and still not sure which one to get. I know everyone recommended one with a 5x7 hoop but it seems those just aren't in the budget just yet. I know my husband would buy it for me if that is what I really wanted but I am trying to be budget minded. Can someone show me an example of a 4x4 vs 5x7 design? My daughter is only 1 and I know most things I make for her will not be very big at this moment but I am afraid I will want the 5x7.

I did make her a dress and bib for her first birthday and hand appliqued (as you can see I had a minor mess up when I got distracted) that I want to share...

th_DSC_3273.jpg

That is so cute. If you can I really would try to save for the 5x7. You will see how quickly that you will really have hoop envy.:rolleyes1 Heck I had hoop envy right after I bought my PE770 because then I wanted the 6x10 :rotfl:

Hi all, I don't know where to post this, but thought you might understand. My mom passed away suddenly this am. I just started learning to sew in May/June and my mom was teaching me. She lent me her sewing machine and I was able to post the pics on the last thread. She was a home ec teacher that we never asked to teach us until this year. She was supposed to be leaving for Disney with my family next month. I don't know what to do about my dad. I don't know if he should still go or not - but I will leave that up to him after things calm down. I have some awesome things I will love to post in memory of my blessed mother.

Thank you for the vent. I just want to scream right now. I was so blessed to have her as a mom.

Hi all, I don't know where to post this, but thought you might understand. My mom passed away suddenly this am. I just started learning to sew in May/June and my mom was teaching me. She lent me her sewing machine and I was able to post the pics on the last thread. She was a home ec teacher that we never asked to teach us until this year. She was supposed to be leaving for Disney with my family next month. I don't know what to do about my dad. I don't know if he should still go or not - but I will leave that up to him after things calm down. I have some awesome things I will love to post in memory of my blessed mother.

Thank you for the vent. I just want to scream right now. I was so blessed to have her as a mom.

Ohhh, I'm so very sorry! :grouphug:

Regards,
C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter