Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Ok page 2 isn't too bad. Loving the bags! We got some bag projects lines up to make as FEs on our cruise in May! First stop though is a bag for Ollie's new teacher at school.

I made him an Octonauts shirt the other day. Will have to post pics later though. He loves it even if I can't fit them all on!

I decided had better check in on what my sewing friends have been up to lately and I land on page two (hopefully - if the internet here in Alaska agrees)! Yeah, I have never been this close before. But now I gotta go to the last thread to catch up a little. I will post the first picture before I leave.

For my cruise in May and October:
552035_10150717370168016_1618894012_a.jpg

For 24 hours/leap day at Magic Kingdom - it says 4 parks 24 hours. I also made my shirt.
421182_10150587053878016_2094591980_n.jpg

I am not sure why the first one is so small the second one is so big. Eeks!

Continued from the last thread...

Yoshiandi - I don't think I ever commented on your AK outfits and your Bambi skirt so I just wanted to say that they came out really cute.

Here is what I finished today. I made my girls tote bags to take their gym clothes to and from school every week. I was so happy because I found this material on clearance at Joanns a few months ago. It was only $4 per yard for pre-quilted material. I bought all that they had left. I have a little less than a yard left and I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do with it yet.

Here is my older dd modeling her bag. Please excuse her hair. She was having a bad hair day. LOL!
th_P8130012.jpg

Here is younger dd modeling her bag.
th_P8130010.jpg
Perfect use for that great fabric. Are the pockets for their sneakers? I'm glad to see your girls are enjoying something that you have made. You make so many wonderful things and it is a shame they are too "old" for some of the things you create. At least your DD is wearing a Mickey shirt!

I just finished a HUGE batch of shirts for my nephew. He starts kindergarten on Wednesday and he has been insanely jealous of all the cute Disney shirts his cousins have gotten for our trip. So as a first-day-of-school gift I made a few. He is really into superheroes right now, but I mixed it up a little and threw some disney characters in as well. Now to get them to the post office. Won't make it before the first day of school but maybe the first week?

Wow, you have been busy. These came out really nice

I decided had better check in on what my sewing friends have been up to lately and I land on page two (hopefully - if the internet here in Alaska agrees)! Yeah, I have never been this close before. But know I gotta go to the last thread to catch up a little. I will post the first picture before I leave.

For 24 hours/leap day at Magic Kingdom - it says 4 parks 24 hours. I also made my shirt.
Hi, I was actually just thinking of you the other day because I was thinking about all the great stuff that was made during the "Disboutique Runway" and was wondering how things in Alaska were going.

I LOVE your Disney cruise bag. :worship: Wow, four parks in one day is quite a feat. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Great idea for the dress and your shirt is perfect.

D~ I was wondering if you read the first post on this thread, towards the bottom. I almost forgot about that. I hope you bought a lottery ticket today. popcorn:: Teresa was very smart to include that just in case.

Heather - I saw the video (so cool) and I'm glad you still have time for the boards now that you are famous. :rotfl: You'll probably be staying in the castle soon like Tom Cruise and Suri. :goodvibes

Checking in!

I am kind of surprised that we had the move, was it early? Headed back to catch up.

I'm here. I know Teresa moved it a few pages early, but a couple of threads ago we got shut down somewhere in the 240's, so I'm sure she is trying to avoid that happening again. Some Mods Moderate differently than others, so better safe than sorry.

Well, here I am. I didn't make until page 2 this time but at least I'm here!

I decided had better check in on what my sewing friends have been up to lately and I land on page two (hopefully - if the internet here in Alaska agrees)! Yeah, I have never been this close before. But now I gotta go to the last thread to catch up a little. I will post the first picture before I leave.

Love the cruise bag and the outfit and shirt are great! Did you stay at the Magic Kingdom for 24 hours?

Continued from the last thread...
Perfect use for that great fabric. Are the pockets for their sneakers? I'm glad to see your girls are enjoying something that you have made. You make so many wonderful things and it is a shame they are too "old" for some of the things you create. At least your DD is wearing a Mickey shirt!

I am not exactly sure what the pockets will be for. They leave their sneakers at school for the entire year so only the clothes need to come back and forth to be washed. I was happy that they liked the bags because they always say they don't want anything that I have sewn. I wasn't sure that anybody would catch that my younger dd was wearing a Mickey shirt because you don't see all of Mickey. Of course she liked it because it was something that I bought, not something that I made.

Great deal on the fabric!! And the bags look great! Your daughters are very pretty!
Thanks!

Love your cruise bag!! I want to make a couple Rosetta bags before our Marathon Weekend trip! Love the 24 hours dress and your top, too!!!

Wish me luck! I'm starting work on a Princess and the Frog custom I'm going to auction off to raise money for Team Gleason. I've gotten all the bodice components cut out--just need to do the skirt pieces now. I've never sewn for other than my DD or gifts, so I'm feeling a bit nervous!!!

I'm here.

I showed my daughter 3 patterns yesterday for her to choose from. My responsible 6 year old choose one because she could wear it to school since it had sleeves and did not have an open back.

Love the cruise bag and the outfit and shirt are great! Did you stay at the Magic Kingdom for 24 hours?

Thanks for the compliments. We did spend the whole 24 hours in Disney. Kayla was such a trooper. We started in MK at 5:00am (for park opening) and then hit AK, HS, and Epcot - then when back to MK and spent the rest of the evening until 6:00 in the morning. Then we high tailed it to the airport and flew to Atlanta. Then it was back to Alaska the next day. It was a great adventure. We were so tired...Kayla was dozing on the Jungle Cruise and we got a few jokes about that. MK was packed all night. I wasn't expecting that.

I am loving the lauches on facebook. I really need to start putting disnames to real names on facebook. I loved selling my creations but I stopped because I didn't like recreating the same outfit over and over again. The launches would be great because you sell stuff you have already made. Who thought of that that? You are a genius!! :lovestruc What launches are the Diser's members of? I have Magical Dreams and Friends. Is there anymore?

Howdy all! I'm back from my trip! We ended up having a great time, but it did have it's sad moments too. My DH's grandfather ended up passing away the night before we left for our trip. It was really just his time to go. He had be failing health wise for some time and his lungs were very diseased, making his quality of life just miserable. However, we carried on with the trip because that was the way he wanted things: he requested no funeral/wake/memorial and no burial service. And DH's grandmother was adamant that we go as well. We hope to skip up to visit DH's grandmother in Sept.

I got many compliments on some of the outfits that the kiddos wore, which made me really happy.

I also ran into Sandi not once but TWICE! Oddly enough both times were in Epcot! Her family is very sweet, although we didn't get much time to visit/chat as we were like ships passing trying to get to the next thing! Her creations are super duper awesome though!

I read through all the pages I missed (at least I think I did) but I only grabbed quotes from the last couple of pages. However I want to say that the launch outfits were FANTASTIC and I cannot fathom so many of them didn't sell?????

Here is what I finished today. I made my girls tote bags to take their gym clothes to and from school every week. I was so happy because I found this material on clearance at Joanns a few months ago. It was only $4 per yard for pre-quilted material. I bought all that they had left. I have a little less than a yard left and I'm not sure exactly what I am going to do with it yet.

Here is my older dd modeling her bag. Please excuse her hair. She was having a bad hair day. LOL!
th_P8130012.jpg

Here is younger dd modeling her bag.
th_P8130010.jpg

Here is the inside of the bag:
dianemom2th_P8130011.jpg

what a deal on that pre-quilted fabric! Girls look like they will enjoy using them. Great job!

Hi everyone! Back from our trip and trying to catch up. Far too much to quote from the last week, but everything looks amazing! :thumbsup2

Now I have a little over 3 weeks to prep for our next trip, with a week away with family in between. I'm hoping to finish a princess dress and a few bowling shirts for my little guy since he grew out of 3 of my favorites (cars, mickey, and buzz).

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time but very jealous that you get to go back so soon!

We are going to arrive late on Thursday the 15th and leave on the 25th. My DD will miss 3 days of school, but she is in 1st grade so I'm not overly concerned at this point, besides last year they did nothing the 2 days of Thanksgiving week except for having a party. This is a huge family reunion trip we've been planning for about 3 years now. (I was pregnant with my baby when we decided to go when she was 2-1/2).

Thank you!

Color me green! I would LOVE for our next trip to be around Thanksgiving so I get to see all the Christmas stuff in action.

I wanted to share this picture as I thought you ladies would appreciate it! We went to the Renaissance Faire yesterday and my little Rapunzel found the "Snuggly Duckling"! ;)

293250_10151102648228944_1898181113_n.jpg

Ha ha about finding the snuggly duckling! Too cute!

Hi guys I am busy working like crazy on all our outfits and have a question:

Has anyone used pettiskirt style??? Their phone number goes to a fax machine and they haven't returned my emails. Are they legitimate??? Good quality???

Also - when a costume pattern gives FINISHED ease measurements... does that mean I could go by those??? I guess I don't really know what that means?

THANKS EVERYONE

I am still pretty new to sewing but from my understanding, the finished measurements INCLUDE any ease built into the pattern. some patterns have more ease built into them than others, so even though you make the right size according to the sizing chart, it will come out too big. You can use the "finished measurements" to help fine tune how you would like the garment to fit. (so if you want a loose baggy top/bodice, make a bigger size. if there is a lot of ease in the patten and you'd like it to be more form fitting, make a smaller size) clear as mud, right? Maybe someone else will be better at explaining it.

I just finished a HUGE batch of shirts for my nephew. He starts kindergarten on Wednesday and he has been insanely jealous of all the cute Disney shirts his cousins have gotten for our trip. So as a first-day-of-school gift I made a few. He is really into superheroes right now, but I mixed it up a little and threw some disney characters in as well. Now to get them to the post office. Won't make it before the first day of school but maybe the first week?

Aw, that's so sweet of you to sew for your nephew! The shirts look great and I'm sure he will love them!

I LOVE the 4 parks one day Grace dress! and the rosetta bag is cute too!

Love your cruise bag!! I want to make a couple Rosetta bags before our Marathon Weekend trip! Love the 24 hours dress and your top, too!!!

Wish me luck! I'm starting work on a Princess and the Frog custom I'm going to auction off to raise money for Team Gleason. I've gotten all the bodice components cut out--just need to do the skirt pieces now. I've never sewn for other than my DD or gifts, so I'm feeling a bit nervous!!!

Oh I cannot wait to see the dress you are working on for the auction!

Sunshine

Jeepers, I skip one day on we're on a new board! This thread is always a mover. We get to Disney in just under 2 months now, soon it will be time to work on the Disney shirts for the hubby and me. Next week I think is the launch of Disney sewing.
Mary

Page 3 already! :worried: at least I made it I suppose.

Diane I didn't grab the quote, but I love your dd's bags. So cute...the bags and your girls!!! I think it might be the first time I've seen a picture of them. :cutie:

Love the Rosetta, the dress and your top! Its all so cute!

Sure, I go ahead and try to quote and you all move on me. For some reason I have no clue how to get quotes from the last thread over here -- ah -- maybe if I tried to reply there and c/p it here it would work. Too late now!!!

DIANE: I love the bags -- I did some quilting on a project (in progress) and it wasn't too bad, but the marking does take a little time. If I found great fabric like that, already quilted, at that price, believe me, I would buy it! I'm most happy that your dd's like the bags :woohoo:

The cruise outfits were fabulous -- my favs were the ones redone from the last trip -- great fabrics on those.

I am in the middle of a few little things and doubt I will get everything wrapped up before heading for the Dismeet. But hopefully I'll get pics posted after my return. I also wanted to get a pj shirt made for dd before heading out, but I don't see that happening. I am also running out of things I need like Decor Bond and fusible fleece and really don't want to spend $$ now, so I will have to get some clothes making done for dd for the upcoming school year. I have a few t's already purchased that I can embroider for her and hopefully have fabrics to make some skirts.

I know there was much more to comment on, but I'm senile and forget easily (Cheryl must be rubbing off on me :lmao:).

Miss a couple of days and you move on me!!

Working on the "muslin" of a peasant style blouse for my co-worker's child. If it works (and it should, really what's easier than a peasant style?) I'll have pictures of the real thing in no time.

Ok, I need help - embroidery with Brother SE400.

After a few hours of nothing working right, I figured out how to get the fabric tight in the hoop, keep the thread from breaking, and actually managed to get a whole design stitched out without breaking a needle.

So what's wrong? Is this just a crappy pattern? I sized it down - did it maybe not size correctly?

Please tell me I can fix this and learn how to use this thing right before I throw it in the pool!!!

Sorry I can't help with your question Wendy & Grumpy, I have a Viking. It does look like it didn't re-size properly though.

Nice new neighborhood! I've enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful creations. Such talent among the thread! Keep the photos and inspiration coming. So nice to see everyones handiwork.

Wendy&grumpy

What stabilizer did you use?

Could be an issue with sizing down too.

Howdy all! I'm back from my trip! We ended up having a great time, but it did have it's sad moments too. My DH's grandfather ended up passing away the night before we left for our trip. It was really just his time to go. He had be failing health wise for some time and his lungs were very diseased, making his quality of life just miserable. However, we carried on with the trip because that was the way he wanted things: he requested no funeral/wake/memorial and no burial service. And DH's grandmother was adamant that we go as well. We hope to skip up to visit DH's grandmother in Sept.

I got many compliments on some of the outfits that the kiddos wore, which made me really happy.

I also ran into Sandi not once but TWICE! Oddly enough both times were in Epcot! Her family is very sweet, although we didn't get much time to visit/chat as we were like ships passing trying to get to the next thing! Her creations are super duper awesome though!

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time but very jealous that you get to go back so soon!

Sunshine

I am sorry for your loss.

I'm jealous that you and Sandi ran into each other. I tried to keep my eyes open, but I did not see a lot of customs in the park on this trip. I'm sorry I missed you guys!! This was a surprise "take it easy" trip, so we didn't really spend much time in the parks. September is our big planned trip. My husband does shift work and just has to work a certain number of days a month. Sometimes they are spread out over the month, sometimes they are all together and he gets a free "week off" without requesting it. That happened in August :cool1::cool1: We have APs, so the park passes were "free", and we found a great room rate and airfare. :yay::yay: We spent most of the time at the pool :beach: I'm looking forward to going back when it's maybe 2 degrees cooler and not as crowded :rotfl2:

Ok, I need help - embroidery with Brother SE400.

After a few hours of nothing working right, I figured out how to get the fabric tight in the hoop, keep the thread from breaking, and actually managed to get a whole design stitched out without breaking a needle.

So what's wrong? Is this just a crappy pattern? I sized it down - did it maybe not size correctly?

Please tell me I can fix this and learn how to use this thing right before I throw it in the pool!!!

It looks like it could be a resizing issue? I'd try stitching it out at full 4x4 size to see how it does as-is. I have never had luck resizing anything more than 1 or 2 % to fit into my hoop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter