Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

So this is the one outfit I have completed so far. This will be for our trails end dinner followed by the smores cookout with Chip and Dale. I realize I made the smores applique wayyyyy too big should make it smaller, but oh well its already on :)

You cant really see the side applique but its a cute campfire with 2 roasting marshmallows on sticks but little Ms. Punky wasnt in the mood for posing for me the other day.

What Im most proud of is that I made the bandana headband by myself...yeah its the little things that send me over the moon :)

Again thanks for everyones help and inspiration on this board

DSCN0002.jpg
I don't think the s'more is too big, if it were smaller, I think it would get lost in the other pattern. It's adorable. I Love Chip and Dale, this is very cute.

Mainly hooping. I don't get what the best way to hoop your tshirt and keep all the extra fabric out of the way.

Thanks so much!!!
I do not hoop shirts...instead I hoop med cutaway stabilizer and use sticky spray and pins to attach the shirt....here is a couple great tutorials to guide you!
http://www.coles-corner-and-creations.com/2010/12/how-to-applique-ready-to-wear-t-shirts.html

http://penguinpersonalization.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-hooping-technique.html

Amazing outfits have been posted lately. I love the inspiration I get from this thread.

I have three poll questions for you today.

1. Which makes you happier?
IMG_0631.jpg

A. Thread art
B. Needle sculpture

:rolleyes1

2. In my recently posted bag I mentioned that I included a "dangling" pocket. I'm thinking of making another bag and am trying to decide whether or not to make a dangling pocket or the more standard "embedded" pocket in the lining. Embedded is easier, but the dangling seems easier to access. (Maybe because the purse I currently carry has a dangling pocket, which I like.)

Here's pictures of dangling. Embedded is sewn into the lining.

IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg

A. Dangling
B. Embedded

:listen:

3. Who do you think is the World's Best Hand Model.
A. Me ::yes::
B. Anyone other than me. :worried:

:firefight <----there's a fella that doesn't get used enough. He thanks you for your time. (I do, too.)

poll...
1. tough one...I guess I would say
b. needle sculpture.

2. personally I would go for ease of preparation since I'm a lazy sewer :rolleyes2 , so
b. embedded (but I love the look of the dangling pocket. Great help, right :confused3)

3.Now this one is easy!
A. Yes! You are the greatest hand model, EVER!

So this is the one outfit I have completed so far. This will be for our trails end dinner followed by the smores cookout with Chip and Dale. I realize I made the smores applique wayyyyy too big should make it smaller, but oh well its already on :)

You cant really see the side applique but its a cute campfire with 2 roasting marshmallows on sticks but little Ms. Punky wasnt in the mood for posing for me the other day.

What Im most proud of is that I made the bandana headband by myself...yeah its the little things that send me over the moon :)

DSCN0002.jpg
Oh! How did I miss this earlier!?!? it's super cute and I do not think the S'mores is too big! I love it! The campfire is it one of my favorite things to do in WDW! Have fun!

Amazing outfits have been posted lately. I love the inspiration I get from this thread.

IMG_0631.jpg

A. Thread art
B. Needle sculpture

2. In my recently posted bag I mentioned that I included a "dangling" pocket. I'm thinking of making another bag and am trying to decide whether or not to make a dangling pocket or the more standard "embedded" pocket in the lining. Embedded is easier, but the dangling seems easier to access. (Maybe because the purse I currently carry has a dangling pocket, which I like.)

IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg

A. Dangling
B. Embedded

:firefight <----there's a fella that doesn't get used enough. He thanks you for your time. (I do, too.)

LOL I will go with the needle since mine just usually send the tip flying for my eye when I snap it..that looks so much more decorative :)

I like the embedded myself. I know it doesnt really, but I feel like it gives me more room in my purse.

And your hand is just simply lovely :)

I don't think the s'more is too big, if it were smaller, I think it would get lost in the other pattern. It's adorable. I Love Chip and Dale, this is very cute.

Oh! How did I miss this earlier!?!? it's super cute and I do not think the S'mores is too big! I love it! The campfire is it one of my favorite things to do in WDW! Have fun!

We love it too, missed it last year so I made sure to add it to our list for this year.

So I've been following along recently. You guys are all so amazing. I love all the cute clothes!!!!

I am new to sewing and have a Disney obsession. My mom purchased a machine because hers stopped working, but I think in order to complete my projects, I have a few started, I need my own machine.

That said, I'm supposed to be saving vs. spending. Anyway, I have been looking at the sewing/embroidery machines and I was wondering, I assume you are able to do the disney embroidery on a non disney brother machine like the PE770? And if you had to reccomend a 4x4 hoop, I know (hoop envy), what would it be? Thanks for your help!!!!!

Ok why can I find a brother PE 770 online to buy but no 1500d?? what is the 1500 running right now (I can find the quilting one but not the D). Id rather not drag my 3 yo around places to try and find em in the store this weekend!!!

And other than what comes in the box with the Brothers, what do I need to buy supply wise to get started? I dot want to get home with a box and then say well gee i wish I knew I'd need _____

Sorry again from the newbie!

Finally finished this one up today (been working on it for a couple of months now). This is for our 1900 dinner
DSCN0020.jpg

This one shows how I had to add on an extra panel to the Isla because it was too small (forgot to add on the margins for German designs) so I decided to make it a butt ruffle :)
DSCN0021.jpg

This is to show the front embroidery thought it would be cute with dinner
DSCN0024.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

A. Thread art
B. Needle sculpture

IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg

A. Dangling
B. Embedded

Amazing Art. Is it for sale? ;)

I like the dangling pocket better. I was all impressed with it when you first posted it.

Of course you are the best hand model.

So I've been following along recently. You guys are all so amazing. I love all the cute clothes!!!!

I am new to sewing and have a Disney obsession. My mom purchased a machine because hers stopped working, but I think in order to complete my projects, I have a few started, I need my own machine.

That said, I'm supposed to be saving vs. spending. Anyway, I have been looking at the sewing/embroidery machines and I was wondering, I assume you are able to do the disney embroidery on a non disney brother machine like the PE770? And if you had to reccomend a 4x4 hoop, I know (hoop envy), what would it be? Thanks for your help!!!!!

Yeah you can do any embroidery you just have to buy the files then upload them to the computer and download them to your machine...just make sure you are saving PES files. And the 770 does up to 5x7 :)

Hey all, I haven't been on here for a few weeks, life has really kept me busy lately and haven't been able to get any sewing done. I wanted to get on though and ask for thoughts and prayers. I have several friends who work for both Aurora Police and Aurora Fire. I was actually just there and took the test for the Fire Department this week right across the street from the theater and applied for several jobs in the police and jail in Arapahoe County where the suspect is being held. It's been a very rough day here today.:(

To Sarah: I've been thinking of your town all day! Ia can only imagine how difficult the day has been. Allof you affected by this tragedy are in my prayers today. Ruth

Mainly hooping. I don't get what the best way to hoop your tshirt and keep all the extra fabric out of the way.

Thanks so much!!!
I generally hoop the shirt and then cut both sides open. I flip the back of the shirt out of the way. When I am done, I close up the side seams. It works out great!

A. Thread art
B. Needle sculpture

A. Dangling
B. Embedded

1. I guess the needle art. It is easier to fix.
2. I love the look of the dangling pocket but I am also a lazy seamstress and I'd do the embedded pocket because it is easier.
3. I'd have to say you are the best hand model ever!

Instead of settling for a 4x4 machine, why don't you look around online for a second hand machine that has a larger hoop. Somebody on here just ordered one with a 5x7 hoop from Amazon. However, I assume that you know that the PE770 is an embroidery machine, it doesn't sew.

Finally finished this one up today (been working on it for a couple of months now). This is for our 1900 dinner
DSCN0020.jpg
That's so cute and it turned out great! I love the butt ruffle back. I might try that on my next one. I did a lot of cutting today but ran out of time before I cut the Insa that I had planned.

Hey all, I haven't been on here for a few weeks, life has really kept me busy lately and haven't been able to get any sewing done. I wanted to get on though and ask for thoughts and prayers. I have several friends who work for both Aurora Police and Aurora Fire. I was actually just there and took the test for the Fire Department this week right across the street from the theater and applied for several jobs in the police and jail in Arapahoe County where the suspect is being held. It's been a very rough day here today.:(
So sad about what happened. I'm sending positive thought your way.

IMG_0631.jpg

A. Thread art
B. Needle sculpture

IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0633.jpg

A. Dangling
B. Embedded

->-> LOVE the NEEDLE Sculpture...FABULOUS work!:artist:

->-> Embedded...something that I am looking for always tries to "hide" behind the dangling pocket :rolleyes2

->-> You are simply the best hand model that I have seen on this thread...:worship:

WOW you have been cranking out some great stuff. How many more to go?

Not sure - the number keeps shifting, but I'd say I'm 75% done.

So the tshirts, can an embroidery machine do that or how does that work, can you help an uneducated girl out. What machine do you use? ;)

I stitch designs on t-shirts (or other projects in process - have a t-shirt which is under construction on the hoop and stitching away while I check the boards) on the embroidery machine. My machine is embroidery only, and I also have a regular sewing machine and a serger.

Everything is so cute! I can't believe you drafted that yourself - did you use any particular program or anything? That's awesome!

I cut a bodice out of pale blue knit - basted and tested it. I used that to do the pattern for the outside fabric (the light blue ended up being lining). I did the skirt using a curve printed onto my cutting board as the basis.

Hi my sewing buddies!

Well, all the outfits STILL aren't done, but I'm still hopeful.

The most important thing is:

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!!!!

I'm really excited and it is neat to see my ticker at one day. Tori is over the moon excited to be a real princess.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can finish their outfits. They aren't as elaborate as I wanted, but hey, they are more elaborate than most kids who don't have customized outfits for each day! :)

Have a magical time!!!

Wooo-hoo! Ordered my embroidery machine today. Hooray! I went with the brother 770. Didn't want that hoop envy right out of the gate. Can't wait to play. Of course the 20 shirts I've made so far I'm coulda-shoulda-woulda-ing.

Congrats - you will love it! You can always go back and add on to things you have already made if you want - just sayin' :banana:

DSCN0002.jpg

I love it - super adorable for the occasion!

DSCN0020.jpg

This one shows how I had to add on an extra panel to the Isla because it was too small (forgot to add on the margins for German designs) so I decided to make it a butt ruffle :)
DSCN0021.jpg

This is to show the front embroidery thought it would be cute with dinner
DSCN0024.jpg

This is fun, too!

Love it! She looks so sassy and cute! The shirts look great, too!
I just noticed your ticker - we'll be there at the same time. Maybe I'll see you around :wave2:

Say hello if you see us! I know we have one other Disboutiquer there at the same time as well.

Such a shame - praying for those affected.

I stayed up late last night cutting fabric and then messing around with the touring plans app. Today, I bought a few more shirts to use as blanks. This way if I end up getting another contract to work on next week (likely), I can manage my time better.

I found some really cute shirts for me at Old Navy and did good with blanks for the kids from Target. I already have more than I need for DH.:rolleyes2

:) I need some advise, please.

I have decided instead of autograph books, I am going to have the characters sign pillow cases. I am going to to white so the color fabric markers will pop. What type of fabric is best? All I can find is the 100% cotton sateen and 60% cotton/40% polyester. Both feel like the markers would bleed. I just can't seem to find regular non sateen 100% cotton.

Any ideas? Would the cotton sateen bleed the markers?

Thanks!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am almost to the point of going to Joann Fabric and making my own pillow case with non sateen cotton. :confused3

I'm motivated tonight...Monsters Inc. tee for DS#1

20120720_Shover_0811.jpg

Minnie Mouse tee (Butterick 5503 slightly modified - didn't do all the color-blocking because of my fabric)
20120720_Shover_0809.jpg

20120720_Shover_0810.jpg

Back to the sewing machine...:hyper:

Hello wonderful creative people!
I am hoping that you can help me out. I'm taking my little sister to Disney in October for her birthday! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

She is a very special person (she has down syndrome) and has only been to Magic Kingdom once for 1 day. So this trip is going to be so exciting - not only do I get to be at The World with my family, but I get to show it to my most favorite sister in the world. :love:

:ssst:(I have 3 sisters so please don't tell the others I said that)

I was hoping that you guys can give me some names of ebay stores or etsy stores that would help me with some shirts for this occasion. Thanks so much!!!

:) I need some advise, please.

I have decided instead of autograph books, I am going to have the characters sign pillow cases. I am going to to white so the color fabric markers will pop. What type of fabric is best? All I can find is the 100% cotton sateen and 60% cotton/40% polyester. Both feel like the markers would bleed. I just can't seem to find regular non sateen 100% cotton.

Any ideas? Would the cotton sateen bleed the markers?

Thanks!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am almost to the point of going to Joann Fabric and making my own pillow case with non sateen cotton. :confused3

Making your own is always an option, but I found some plain cotton ones at Walmart. They were $5.00 for two of them, and I found them with the cheapest sheet sets, they're in a small, square package. They are 100% cotton, and wrinkled badly when first washed, but pressed up nicely with a bit of starch. They wouldn't be my first choice in a sheet set, but for this it worked well, and the kids didn't seem to care at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter