• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

It is perfect and long enough when she lies down to hide her fanny. I did have you make them maybe a shade big in the width, but she loves them and so do the nurses! We could truly use some prayers tonight please. Thank you.
:wizard:Hope things went well. Lots of prayers for Lisa.

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

I made this for one of my grandaughters. I love all the stuff that I have been seeing on here. I would have never found this pattern without this site. Thank you all so much. This is the second one I have made her but I forgot to take a picture of the first one.
Adorable! Love that fabric.

First, I'll give my sick call report.:rolleyes2 On Friday my husband got tired/concerned about my lack of progress (nine days after surgery) so called the MDs office. After speaking with me the nurse wanted me to go to the ER (I need to take BIG gasps of air to whisper) but she said she'd call the surgeon first, who was in surgery.

Long story short, I was sent to an ENT MD. She put a fullsize Canon video camera down my nose to see what she would see. She tried to sound optimistic that it's just a matter of time, but I was wondering what she's really thinking.

She said she would support our inclination to cancel our cruise. :worried: It's June 9, and I don't mind not being able to talk, I could manage not drinking (anything, I don't mean alcohol) but I am a bit concerned about my breathing and don't want problems on any of the flights (AK is a long way from NY), on the ship, and I don't want to end up in a hospital in AK. We called our travel agent, and bottom line, we'll make our decision after my 5/25 appt with the ENT MD (whom I like much more than the Endo MD).

After consulting with the Endo doc I was put on a short term steroid Rx (in case of swelling) and amoxycillin ( in case there's infection where the breathing tube was). Tomorrow I go see the surgeon for a routine followup appt. I'm not looking forward to it.
:hug:I so glad to hear you have seen another doctor. :wizard:Hope you are drinking, talking and breathing better soon!

Hi,

I'm Karri from Houston and I have been a long time lurker. We are planning our first trip to DW in 2013. I'm hoping for Oct b/c we just got back from Orlando and it was hot. I have a 4 year old named Emma.

I have been admiring everyone's creations for about 6 months and decided to create an account an delurk.

My favorite Disney movie is "The Black Cauldron" and I'm excited that Cinderella is being released. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess movie. Emma loves Goofy and Pluto!

Thanks,
Karri
:welcome:I have a Pluto loving Emma but mine is 9. I think The Black Cauldron might be one of the only Disney movies I have never seen.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.:goodvibes

Hi Everybody,
I have been reading all the posts and I love everything I've seen. My minor surgery did not go as expected. I am fine now but I was having surgery to remove my medi-port that I've had in place for several years. They believed that there was a leak in it but it turned out that it was completely broken. When they had me in the surgery and went to pull out the port a piece of it slipped into the artery in my neck and was carried down to my heart where it was lodged. They had to do an emergency procedure to go and get the piece out of my heart. I am fine and only have a small extra incision but haven't felt really great or energetic yet. I will be completely healed in a couple more days though. It was a close call and I am glad that it happened in the hospital because if the piece had lodged in my heart while I was at home, it might have had some terrible consequences.

How scary but I am glad everything is OK now.

Diane, Please know I am thankful you are well enough to let us know how your surgery went and hope that you have a speedy recovery!

I can’t keep up with our TR, much less this fun thread...BUT, I know that Lynn posted a request for hospital gowns for my little Princess here and we received two pretty gowns today that made Lisa have the BIGGEST smile! She is THRILLED to wear something else besides those ugly green gowns at the hospital. I wanted to share their hard work with you. I know Lynn, Andrea and Amy M are also sending Lisa gowns and we are grateful to Flora for offering! Lisa will be admitted Mother’s Day for surgery on May 15. We welcome your prayers please.

These pretty gifts were made by Mary (RMAMom) the Ariel Hospital Gown and from Ann (fruto76) the Princess Hospital Gown.

d822418b.jpg

All of Lisa's gowns are so cute.:)

My aloha dress! The pattern is from an old Burda (circa 1994) and the appliques are from Sweet Pea (Minnie) and Bows and Clothes (Mickey).

th_20120512_Shover_1761.jpg

I just used that Mickey one on DH's shirt. I love how Mickey has such black feet:rotfl:

I know I'm going to be waaaaaaaaay over the 25 pictures per post limit, so let's see if I can do this without butchering everything or getting too frustrated.

First, I'll give my sick call report.:rolleyes2 On Friday my husband got tired/concerned about my lack of progress (nine days after surgery) so called the MDs office. After speaking with me the nurse wanted me to go to the ER (I need to take BIG gasps of air to whisper) but she said she'd call the surgeon first, who was in surgery.

Long story short, I was sent to an ENT MD. She put a fullsize Canon video camera down my nose to see what she would see. She tried to sound optimistic that it's just a matter of time, but I was wondering what she's really thinking.

She said she would support our inclination to cancel our cruise. :worried: It's June 9, and I don't mind not being able to talk, I could manage not drinking (anything, I don't mean alcohol) but I am a bit concerned about my breathing and don't want problems on any of the flights (AK is a long way from NY), on the ship, and I don't want to end up in a hospital in AK. We called our travel agent, and bottom line, we'll make our decision after my 5/25 appt with the ENT MD (whom I like much more than the Endo MD).

After consulting with the Endo doc I was put on a short term steroid Rx (in case of swelling) and amoxycillin ( in case there's infection where the breathing tube was). Tomorrow I go see the surgeon for a routine followup appt. I'm not looking forward to it.

Holy Hannah. I didn't mean to write so much, sorry.

:hug: Oh Cheryl I am so sorry to hear you are still not healing. Sending prayers that the medication will help so you can still go on your cruise.

Hi,

I'm Karri from Houston and I have been a long time lurker. We are planning our first trip to DW in 2013. I'm hoping for Oct b/c we just got back from Orlando and it was hot. I have a 4 year old named Emma.

I have been admiring everyone's creations for about 6 months and decided to create an account an delurk.

My favorite Disney movie is "The Black Cauldron" and I'm excited that Cinderella is being released. Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess movie. Emma loves Goofy and Pluto!

Thanks,
Karri

:welcome:

Ok ladies, I need some help. The bridesmaid dress saga continues. This is the dress we ended up getting, in fushia. This one they have on hand in the warehouse in the correct sizes so we won't have to worry as much on whether we would get it in time or not.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collect...c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=8&colorId1=

We decided not to order the extra sash as it was going to be so much more expensive. The bride would still like a sash so I thought maybe if I just made them it would be easier and cheaper. How would I do this, has anyone made anything like that before? Would you make it longer and tie it in a bow or knot in the back. Or would you make it more fitted? Or just leave as is with no sash? Thanks for any help or advise I can get I'll be so glad when this wedding is over.

The Scientific seamstress has this on her blog. It's for kids but might work for this too. http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2009/01/sash-it-up.html

http://www.alfredangelo.com/collect...c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=8&colorId1=
The bride would still like a sash so I thought maybe if I just made them it would be easier and cheaper. How would I do this, has anyone made anything like that before?
I like the dress. It is pretty. Your idea to make the sashes should save you lots of money. Sashes are pretty easy to make. They are pretty much just a fabric tube. I just hate working with satin though because it is so slippery.

The Scientific seamstress has this on her blog. It's for kids but might work for this too. http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2009/01/sash-it-up.html
I was going to recommend the same thing. I think I've also seen some free directions on YCMT but I'm not entirely sure that's where I saw them. I knew that CarlaC had them on her blog though. I've never made her sash but all her other directions are so excellent that I can't imagine that it will be difficult to make her sashes.

I like the dress. It is pretty. Your idea to make the sashes should save you lots of money. Sashes are pretty easy to make. They are pretty much just a fabric tube. I just hate working with satin though because it is so slippery.

I was going to recommend the same thing. I think I've also seen some free directions on YCMT but I'm not entirely sure that's where I saw them. I knew that CarlaC had them on her blog though. I've never made her sash but all her other directions are so excellent that I can't imagine that it will be difficult to make her sashes.

I've made this sash several times, it's super easy, and will work for adults because it uses measurements as well as pattern pieces for the actual bow part. It makes a nicely shaped bow that hangs pretty. The turning and ironing part takes the longest, so get help with that if you're crunched for time.

Ok ladies, I need some help. The bridesmaid dress saga continues. This is the dress we ended up getting, in fushia. This one they have on hand in the warehouse in the correct sizes so we won't have to worry as much on whether we would get it in time or not.

We decided not to order the extra sash as it was going to be so much more expensive. The bride would still like a sash so I thought maybe if I just made them it would be easier and cheaper. How would I do this, has anyone made anything like that before? Would you make it longer and tie it in a bow or knot in the back. Or would you make it more fitted? Or just leave as is with no sash? Thanks for any help or advise I can get I'll be so glad when this wedding is over.

love the dress, a sash would work well with it.

To work with satin, I have been told, to use wax paper and sew right through it and then it just rips right off when you are done.

My Lisa received two MORE gowns each from Lynn (cajunfan) and Andrea (VBAndrea aka: ISA). Lynn also made Lisa some matching headbands and Andrea made our Miracle Dog Bandit a reversible bandanna. As you can see they are gorgeous and MUCH prettier than the "Lima Bean Green" (Lisa's words) hospital gowns she wore her last weeklong hospital stay.

What lovely gowns! I am sure princess Lisa will be the best dressed patient at the hospital! I hope the surgery will go smoothly tomorrow. I will be thinking of your family and praying throughout the day.

th_IMG_3368.jpg
th_IMG_3366.jpg

I made this for one of my grandaughters. I love all the stuff that I have been seeing on here. I would have never found this pattern without this site. Thank you all so much. This is the second one I have made her but I forgot to take a picture of the first one.

Great job! I have only made one of those so far and I really like the pattern too!

My Singer sewing machine just went out on me today :( I was wondering what sewing machines you all would recommend. I am not an expert sewer, but enjoy putting together clothes for my kids and do some appliqueing at times. Do not do alot of heavy duty sewing. Am hoping to find a machine that is $150 or under. Thanks so much for your help and advice!!

I am sorry to hear that your machine is no longer working. It sounds like you got a nice machine. I hope it will work out well for you.

Thanks for the compliments on my quilts. :cool1: I'll be heading back to read more on how to do quoting so I can start commenting on all the cool stuff everyone has been doing, but this board is so busy I'm afraid I'll suddenly be pages and pages behind!:rotfl2:

Anyway, I've got my pieces cut out and saw I had enough for shorts and long pants (for jammies) as well as the shirt. Woohoo! Serger practice went great and I'm looking forward to getting started on the next set and DS has already helped me pick out some fabric for more fun pj's. :banana::banana::banana: and one for good measure. :banana:

Happy Mother's Day all!

I can't wait to see pictures of the clothing you are going to make!

I know I'm going to be waaaaaaaaay over the 25 pictures per post limit, so let's see if I can do this without butchering everything or getting too frustrated.

Holy Hannah. I didn't mean to write so much, sorry.

Cheryl, I am so sorry that you are still having all these problems! I hope the appointment will help you decide about the cruise. On one hand, it is difficult to postpone a special celebration, on the other hand, it is not cheap and you really want to have a good time while you are there.

Hi,

Thanks,
Karri

Welcome! I look forward to seeing your creations for your trip!

So sorry to hear about more drama with this wedding. I would also suggest Carla's Bow Sash tutorial. I made one as part of my outfit for last summer's Project Runway. It was very simple and it looks really nice. The sash actually got repurposed as a bow for my Sorceror ears when we went to Disneyland in February. DH had the "Mickey version" and I had the "Minnie version" of the sorceror ears.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been reading back threads ( I just finally finished all of thread 27) and I have been learning a LOT. I have been sewing, but I'm a teacher and between state testing craziness and normal end of the year stuff, I haven't had much time.

I have made some napkins, a pair of easy fit pajama pants (capri length), and a zippered coin purse. They could all be way better, but I learned a lot along the way. I have also become an expert at seam ripping :rotfl2::rotfl:

My biggest (current) issue seems to be my inability to reverse stitch over my seam, thus my stitches fall out. How can I make it work better? Is it just a matter of practice (and learning how to sew straighter??)

Thanks for the help and inspiration!
Tara

photo.jpg

coinpurse.jpg

I messed up the zipper, but I know how to fix it next time. Oh and appliquing is WAY harder than it looks.

pants.jpg

I had a problem with the elastic, epsecially the part that gets sewn after you put the elastic in. I think it's just a matter of having a bit more patience.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. It helps me to see it before I attempt it.

Thank you! I'll take a look there too. I'll proably combine a few ideas but it will most likely be based off of Carla's

love the dress, a sash would work well with it.

To work with satin, I have been told, to use wax paper and sew right through it and then it just rips right off when you are done.

Thank you!. I might try using wax paper, I did a skirt out of satin not too long ago and it was a pain.

So sorry to hear about more drama with this wedding. I would also suggest Carla's Bow Sash tutorial. I made one as part of my outfit for last summer's Project Runway. It was very simple and it looks really nice. The sash actually got repurposed as a bow for my Sorceror ears when we went to Disneyland in February. DH had the "Mickey version" and I had the "Minnie version" of the sorceror ears.

Thank you. I'll have to go back and take a look at yours. I always like seeing how other's turned out before I start mine.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been reading back threads ( I just finally finished all of thread 27) and I have been learning a LOT. I have been sewing, but I'm a teacher and between state testing craziness and normal end of the year stuff, I haven't had much time.

I have made some napkins, a pair of easy fit pajama pants (capri length), and a zippered coin purse. They could all be way better, but I learned a lot along the way. I have also become an expert at seam ripping :rotfl2::rotfl:

My biggest (current) issue seems to be my inability to reverse stitch over my seam, thus my stitches fall out. How can I make it work better? Is it just a matter of practice (and learning how to sew straighter??)

Tara

photo.jpg

coinpurse.jpg

I messed up the zipper, but I know how to fix it next time. Oh and appliquing is WAY harder than it looks.

pants.jpg

I had a problem with the elastic, epsecially the part that gets sewn after you put the elastic in. I think it's just a matter of having a bit more patience.

Everything looks great!! Appliques by hand are not easy, especially if you've never done it before. Take a look at Heather Sue's tutorial posted on page 1, it helps me alot. I don't do appliques often but every time I reread her tutorial before I start.

I'd really love to see everything you guys put on facebook. One question though; Since I'm not a DisBoutiquer does that mean I can't join the group? I sew but I haven't been on DisBoards for very long and just discovered your group. Am I out of luck or can I still join in on the fun?

Quoteless so will try to do this from memory so will likely forget half of what I'm supposed to.

DIANE -- I had no clue there would be a foot available to do buttons -- I'm going to look into this. I hate sewing on buttons (though prefer them to sewing on snaps!).

CHERYL -- I'm sorry things aren't progressing better for you. I know when I had my jaw surgery they said all would be fine and I could go right back to work, etc. Clearly the physicians telling me this never had the surgery themselves. Do you have insurance for your AK trip? I think it would be wise to put it off if you are able to. It's one of those once in a lifetime trips that I want you to enjoy -- and besides, you've worked 30 years to earn this trip!

And a camera in your nose? I could insert a good joke or two here but instead I'll be in rare form and tell you how sorry I am that you are going through all this :hug:

SARAH: I like this dress better than the previous one (though my favorite was still the first one). I really would have to see this dress with a sash -- with the ruching on the left side I'm not so sure a sash would be appropriate. I do think a break in the color would look good though. I would just do a test run first and make sure a sash is doable for this particular dress. This bride seems a wee on the *high maintenance* side.

KARRI -- Welcome!

TARA -- you are off to a great start. I never have problems with my seams ripping -- is the stitch you are using set close enough (not too long in length)? I stitch forward about three - five stitches, then back the same and then forward again. I never worry if it aligns perfectly b/c no one will notice if it doesn't, and it's on;y a few stitches anyway.

Tara

I know this might sound silly but I learned all my sewing skills basically from my Jr High Home Ec teacher. I don't know if you teach elementary, high school, or middle school but if I were you I would utilize a sewing teacher if there is one on staff at your school. Maybe not for full blown lessons but maybe for some in person help. Wouldn't hurt to ask.
When I was in high school I was obbessed with embroidery and it turned out our sewing teacher was too. (She showed my her wedding dress one day - she had embroidered little cream and ivory flowers all over it. It was beautiful) Anyways, I got a TON of help from her even when I was no longer taking any of her classes.

I've realized that's one of the great things that people who sew/knit/craft have in common. They are all super willing to help each other and love giving advice. Actually, they seem to be just really great at giving. :lovestruc

Diane, Please know I am thankful you are well enough to let us know how your surgery went and hope that you have a speedy recovery!

I can’t keep up with our TR, much less this fun thread...BUT, I know that Lynn posted a request for hospital gowns for my little Princess here and we received two pretty gowns today that made Lisa have the BIGGEST smile! She is THRILLED to wear something else besides those ugly green gowns at the hospital. I wanted to share their hard work with you. I know Lynn, Andrea and Amy M are also sending Lisa gowns and we are grateful to Flora for offering! Lisa will be admitted Mother’s Day for surgery on May 15. We welcome your prayers please.

These pretty gifts were made by Mary (RMAMom) the Ariel Hospital Gown and from Ann (fruto76) the Princess Hospital Gown.

d822418b.jpg

8ded5ed9.jpg

097a657d.jpg

d2b2b1f1.jpg

d5867153.jpg

c5f1adc2.jpg

fa462ce7.jpg

4bef230c.jpg

She is so beautiful Judy!!! :lovestruc

Tara

photo.jpg

coinpurse.jpg

pants.jpg

Welcome!! I'm a middle school teacher and yep, the state testing craziness is here. I hate it! I need to do the creative stuff just to let off my stress from my job.

I appliqued Bolt onto what will be a shirt for my 7 year old DS.
20120514_Shover_1765.jpg

Good Morning Ladies! I am c/p this from Judy's TR -- she asked that someone post a note over here for her so that you all keep her family in your thoughts and prayers today. This is Judy's post:

I have tried several times to post through the night, only to lose it all...so finally decided to type in word, then copy and paste....

I truly want to Thank You all for the most uplifting messages, they have meant the world to me. Andrea, your post brought me to tears and I agree with you all that these gowns are full of love and prayers. Lisa LOVES wearing them and having everyone comment on them and she has NOW taken to calling the other gowns “puke green”...one of the patients told her they liked her gown better than their puke green one and of course it stuck...I wish you ALL could be here with us, I could use the support...but your messages have been wonderful!

Lisa is scared...she actually told me last night how scared, she thinks she might die. That had me on edge as you can imagine and no matter how much I worked with her on those feelings, nothing would sway her worries. This is very atypical for her. We could use some prayers to that end and to calm my Mom nerves.

Rachel is not throwing up at the moment however, it is taking great effort This sickness has exacerbated her other chronic medical issues. We did see the MD yesterday thanks to Christian's wonderful support! My stomach is not as ill either, which is good, since it has been slightly uncomfortable (I don’t like to use the word painful there is true pain in the world and this isn’t it). As if that weren’t enough, Sweet David woke up yesterday with that weird head pain, nausea and the numb arms and feet, plus dizziness. As soon as Rachel’s MD appointment was over we went back home to check on him. He was feeling better; however he was still in his PJ’s which worried me.

Surgery is scheduled for 9 AM this morning. They should take Lisa down between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. I am dressed and waiting, thankfully My little sweetie is asleep. So is Pete, but NOT for long! Lisa packed a little brown bag in her suitcase and when I opened it I found an apple, a banana and some crackers. She told me she was bringing food for after the surgery in case they forgot to feed her again or took to long...after her last cardiac cath AND her March surgery she was starving, so she wanted to be prepared!

Thank you once again for your amazing prayers and messages. Would someone please post a note for me on the disboutique thread and thank those who are praying and have left me such wonderful messages of support. Also, today is Marianne’s (mphalens) birthday. She has been VERY busy with life so if you think of it, wish her a happy birthday, I know she would appreciate it!

I will update you as soon as possible, I promise!

Welcome!! I'm a middle school teacher and yep, the state testing craziness is here. I hate it! I need to do the creative stuff just to let off my stress from my job.

20120514_Shover_1765.jpg

I LOVE your bolt. So cute!

I never heard that tip before. I will try it the next time I work with satin.

Tara

photo.jpg

pants.jpg
Your stuff looks great! You seem to be learning very quickly. I have found Youtube to be a great resource. I am very visual and I love to see how to do everything versus just reading about it. Why can't you reverse to keep your seams from unraveling?

DIANE -- I had no clue there would be a foot available to do buttons -- I'm going to look into this. I hate sewing on buttons (though prefer them to sewing on snaps!).
Let me know if you end up getting a button foot. I do still sew on the buttons if I am only doing one or two but when I have to do a whole shirt full of buttons, I use the button foot. I also hate sewing on snaps. I try and use snap tape whenever I can get away with it!

I know this might sound silly but I learned all my sewing skills basically from my Jr High Home Ec teacher. I don't know if you teach elementary, high school, or middle school but if I were you I would utilize a sewing teacher if there is one on staff at your school.
I wonder how many schools have a home ec teacher anymore. Both of my girls are in middle school and there is no more Home Ec. My older daughter had been in the "Arts" rotation as her elective this year. She's had Food and Nutrition (no cooking or meal prep involved, all book learning), Forensic Science and chorus as her classes. Learning to take care of a home and learning some life skills aren't considered "school" classes around here! My friend in Virginia told me that her son has had a more traditional Home Ec class this year.

20120514_Shover_1765.jpg
That is a very cute applique. I don't think I've ever seen Bolt before. Where did you find him?

Do you think a bow would work? See how it's all gathered around the waist? Maybe just the bow part at the hip.

http://www.morilee.com/bridesmaids/bridesmaids/287

http://www.soondress.net/olive-gree...id-dress-2011-designer-BW10064-wonderful.html

Tara

photo.jpg

coinpurse.jpg

pants.jpg

Everything looks great! I love the letter on your purse.

TARA -- you are off to a great start. I never have problems with my seams ripping -- is the stitch you are using set close enough (not too long in length)? I stitch forward about three - five stitches, then back the same and then forward again. I never worry if it aligns perfectly b/c no one will notice if it doesn't, and it's on;y a few stitches anyway.

That's great advice Andrea.. I'm going to try and sew that way and see if I can find my sewing mojo. ;) My seams pull like that when I use a really long, basting stitch. Do you still serge when you sew your seams that way?

20120514_Shover_1765.jpg

I love Bolt. That's really cute! I'm always afraid to applique on stripes but everyone else's always turns out darlin'.

Hi,

Thanks,
Karri

Welcome to the Madness Karri! :yay: Are you planning on doing any customs for your trip?

Praying for Judy and her family!!

:lmao: Great minds think alike.... I never made a sash as I am terrible at tying bows. :rolleyes1

Tara

th_pants.jpg

I had a problem with the elastic, especially the part that gets sewn after you put the elastic in. I think it's just a matter of having a bit more patience.

:welcome: DH is a teacher so I know all about testing:headache:

I never had my stitches come undone.... but I have had my seams shred:rolleyes1 But that is another story:lmao:

Are you sure you are not using your basting stitch? That is only a temporary stitch which can come undone very easily. My machine automatically does a locking stitch on the first stitch and then I have a button I can use to reverse my sewing.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed. It helps me to see it before I attempt it.

I hope you post pictures when you are done.

th_20120514_Shover_1765.jpg
:thumbsup2

Good Morning Ladies! I am c/p this from Judy's TR -- she asked that someone post a note over here for her so that you all keep her family in your thoughts and prayers today. This is Judy's post:

I have tried several times to post through the night, only to lose it all...so finally decided to type in word, then copy and paste....

I truly want to Thank You all for the most uplifting messages, they have meant the world to me. Andrea, your post brought me to tears and I agree with you all that these gowns are full of love and prayers. Lisa LOVES wearing them and having everyone comment on them and she has NOW taken to calling the other gowns “puke green”...one of the patients told her they liked her gown better than their puke green one and of course it stuck...I wish you ALL could be here with us, I could use the support...but your messages have been wonderful!

Lisa is scared...she actually told me last night how scared, she thinks she might die. That had me on edge as you can imagine and no matter how much I worked with her on those feelings, nothing would sway her worries. This is very atypical for her. We could use some prayers to that end and to calm my Mom nerves.

Rachel is not throwing up at the moment however, it is taking great effort This sickness has exacerbated her other chronic medical issues. We did see the MD yesterday thanks to Christian's wonderful support! My stomach is not as ill either, which is good, since it has been slightly uncomfortable (I don’t like to use the word painful there is true pain in the world and this isn’t it). As if that weren’t enough, Sweet David woke up yesterday with that weird head pain, nausea and the numb arms and feet, plus dizziness. As soon as Rachel’s MD appointment was over we went back home to check on him. He was feeling better; however he was still in his PJ’s which worried me.

Surgery is scheduled for 9 AM this morning. They should take Lisa down between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. I am dressed and waiting, thankfully My little sweetie is asleep. So is Pete, but NOT for long! Lisa packed a little brown bag in her suitcase and when I opened it I found an apple, a banana and some crackers. She told me she was bringing food for after the surgery in case they forgot to feed her again or took to long...after her last cardiac cath AND her March surgery she was starving, so she wanted to be prepared!

Thank you once again for your amazing prayers and messages. Would someone please post a note for me on the disboutique thread and thank those who are praying and have left me such wonderful messages of support. Also, today is Marianne’s (mphalens) birthday. She has been VERY busy with life so if you think of it, wish her a happy birthday, I know she would appreciate it!

I will update you as soon as possible, I promise!

:sad1: I've been thinking of them all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter