Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Michelle.

I absolutely love your outfits. I love the fabric combos on the outfits. Superbly done :)

I love all of the outfits! I especially love the lego outfits! Those are adorable! And I think your Stitch is perfect! Great job - I hope you have an amazing trip! :)

I have one more bag to share with you today... It's the Sally UPB from the Nightmare

IMG_5145.jpg

D~ <---- My apologies to those of you that follow my TR, and have to see these again.
thanks! I know Emma & I will have a great time. I think I'm pretty well packed. I'll send Emma to school this morning and pick her up around 11. Can't wait to get there.

Love your NBC bag. Just notice how cool it is that the swirls in the black fabric match the NBC theme.

kip render said:
Love all the outfits you made.
When I am embroidering/appliqueing on Tshirts I always use CutAway. It is a little more sturdier than TearAway.
Thanks! Next time I'll use cut away and then I can come see you and you can show me how to cut it away.;)

Here is what I've been up to lately:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44779792#post44779792

I forgot to take pics so you have to seet the pics that Amy took on her ptr.

The Mickey shirts were purchased by Amy's mom and I just appliqued them. Loree made the names for Amy.

I surprised Alli with the Tink -- she has not been feeling well at all lately so I wanted to bring her a little get well cheer (though I think I may have placed Tink a little too high on the shirt :confused3)
Love those Ts!

So here are a couple of days finished:faint:

AK Day
WildShirts1.jpg

MK Day

My son wanted Mickey on the side like I did DH's shirt
MMShortsJ.jpg
WOW! Love both of those sets! Love the fabrics in your DDs AK skirt. Love that your DS wanted to match Dad.

I've tried multi-quoting some of the great things I've seen lately but my screen keeps freezing and I lose them. Everyone on here does such a great job, I only wish I was visiting the parks sometime soon and had a little girl to dress up. Maybe someday....

I have not been sewing because I broke my mother's machine. The thread got snarled underneath and as I tried to free it the bobbin casing came flying out at my face since a piece had snapped off.

My wonderful DH let me buy a new machine the very next day. That was awful !! I bought it at target, a Singer Brilliance. It made god-awful noises, shook like crazy and broke 5 needles in the span of two days, 4 in the span of 1 hour. I really tried to work with it and figure out what was wrong but it went back 2 days later. I, instead, ordered the part for Mom's machine and figured out how to put it back together myself today. I can sew again tomorrow!!

DH promised me a new machine still but I think I'll stick with this one while I'm learning and then when I get a new one, I can get one that's really nice and I'll know what I'm doing on it.
sorry for your machine frustrations.

I would LOVE a tie dye Stitch shirt - that is just amazing looking!!
Thank you!

I finally finished up (and got modeled) a couple of outfits:

306162_3075400604080_1235641305_32311856_1121802866_n.jpg

578761_3075402964139_1235641305_32311857_1570543868_n.jpg

I'm going to post some more pics on my sewing blog. I have a funny one of her flopping on the couch with her neon green shorts exposed (so glad I made them!).
Love those! Thanks for the bigger photos. Love Donald in the pink zebra jeap!

AK Day

WildBeth.jpg

WildShortsN.jpg

WildshortsJ.jpg

WildShirts1.jpg

WildP.jpg

MK Day

MMSkirt1Collage.jpg

MMShirts.jpg

MMShortsN.jpg

MMShortsJ.jpg
I love all the outfits. I am with everybody else though when I say that I especially love the pink Mickey head fabric and the outfit you made with it. You are going to get some super pictures at Disney. I used to have a lot of that blue and white checked fabric with Mickey on it. I just used it up. The shorts you made with it are really cute.

I finally finished up (and got modeled) a couple of outfits:

Super cute! Glad you posted the bigger picture so we could see them better. I love how the skirt turned out. I'll have to check the blog to see the bright green shorts!

:goodvibes Thanks everyone for the compliments.

The "Wild about Disney" I got from Digistitches on Etsy.

As for the Pink Fabric with all the mickey heads I purchased that on Ebay last year.

--------------------------------------------------
Sandi... love those dresses (sorry I lost my quotes)

Beth.... have a wonderful time with your niece.:cloud9:

AK Day

WildBeth.jpg

WildShortsN.jpg

WildshortsJ.jpg

WildShirts1.jpg

WildP.jpg

MK Day

MMSkirt1Collage.jpg

MMShirts.jpg

MMShortsN.jpg

MMShortsJ.jpg

LOVE them all, what is the skirt pattern you used? and is the Mickey print on the skirt new and available or old and treasured?

And my apologies to you as well b/c I commented on your ptr so you have to go there to see what I think of your latest creation!

I just love your sense of humor. :rolleyes:

thanks! I know Emma & I will have a great time. I think I'm pretty well packed. I'll send Emma to school this morning and pick her up around 11. Can't wait to get there.

Love your NBC bag. Just notice how cool it is that the swirls in the black fabric match the NBC theme.

I am so very excited for you!!! I love that you are taking all your kids by yourself (I think I've told you this a million times this week!)... I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I was wondering if anyone would notice that - I thought for sure Andrea would... :confused3

Michelle... I don't think I commented on your outfits - but they are just fantastic... I am also in love with the pink Mickey head fabric - it's beautiful, and I love all the colors you paired with it... Everything is just so awesome! Great job!

D~

I just posted this on Judy's thread (blessedmom4) but thought I would post here too...

Judy,

I hope you do not mind that I am hijacking your thread for a moment!

Ahem....{{clearing throat}}

Judy would never ask this, but I am going to ask for her (sorry Judy!)...It seems that the hospital gowns that Lisa has to wear for the surgery (and her entire stay) are "problematic" (my word not hers)...I had asked Judy about this recently and offered to make some fun comfortable hospital gowns for Lisa (fun prints and soft material)...when the schedule for surgery turned out to be Mother's Day, I am just not sure if I will be able to get more than one made by then. So, if any of you wonderful seamstresses would be interested in making a hospital gown for Miss Lisa by then, please send me a pm...I can forward you all the details that I have!

Thank You!!!

Again, Judy I am sorry for hijacking this thread, but I know folks here love your family as much as I do and would want to help in this manner if they can.

Lynn
Lynn- email me at fruto76 @ yahoo.com (no spaces of course) and I' ll see if I am able to get something done in time!

D- love your bags as always

Sandi- your dress is stunning! I wish I would get brave enough to sew for me!

Michelle- love your outfits! All of them are great,& I too love the pink Mickey fabric!!!

I know I haven't posted very often but I still read all the time. ;)

Wow!! I am so WILD about Disney too - those are adorable!!

I would LOVE a tie dye Stitch shirt - that is just amazing looking!!

I have not been on so much as I still get logged out of the DIS only a moment after I log on, and it frustrates me!!!!!

But I came on tonight to see if there are any peoples who would like to help finish up Justins Star Wars Big give. We would really like to send the 3 adults a Star Wars Tshirt and then one scrapbook for the family ( : Does anyone think they'd be able to do either project for Justin???

Thanks for considering, Wendy ( ::worship:

Wendy, Clean out your Cookies and you should stay logged in:thumbsup2. They changed servers and your cookies are still holding the old server info.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that - I thought for sure Andrea would... :confused3

D~
I was just peeved you have the fabric. I have about three yards of it but it is no longer at our Joann's! I have a one yard slice I use for Mickey heads and I'm not touching the two yards until I personally need it for something! Amy has searched for the fabric too for Mickey heads but I just used what I had. I had a white on white with smaller swirls that I would love more of as well but Joann's doesn't have that either.

Lynn- email me at fruto76 @ yahoo.com (no spaces of course) and I' ll see if I am able to get something done in time!
I think Lynn is working tonight so I will forward you a couple of things from our correspondence if you want to make one.

I was just peeved you have the fabric. I have about three yards of it but it is no longer at our Joann's! I have a one yard slice I use for Mickey heads and I'm not touching the two yards until I personally need it for something!

Last time I was at our Joann's they had about 3 bolts of that black fabric, do you want me to get you some?

I'm Amanda, and I've been lurcking on these threads for over a year now. I think I started when you guys were back on 22.:laughing: You inspired me to try to sew again after a disasterous experience about 10 years ago. I got a new machine, and slowly but surely I am learning! I had been debating signing up for a give, but didn't think my sewing wa good enough yet. But after seeing all the requests for a scrapbook, I went ahead and signed up, so I will be doing the scrapbook for Justin's give. I am super excited to get involved, and maybe one day, I will be able to donate on the sewing end also.

Well, I've been home from Tennessee for almost a week, and reading along, but just had no time to post. Arrgh! So, I only went back about 5 pages for pics. I did take a few notes of other things I wanted to comment on. I know I missed a bunch of other great outfits. I do apologize for that!

OrlandoBelle - All your dresses are darling, and so is your dd! I especially love the AK dress!

Cheryl - Hi! So good to hear from you! I hope you are recovering well and your cruise sounds wonderful!

Beth - LOVE the poodle skirts and all the things for Liberty!

Diane - The knit amalgamation dresses you've done are SOOO cool! And so was the one(two?) for you!

D - *Insert standard comment expressing extreme admiration for your artistic skill here* :worship:

So, so pretty! I can't wait to see the pics with your dd in costume! I just saw some sparkly red shoes today at a Keds/StrideRite outlet and thought of you! I was so sorry to read about your duck tragedy! We're in a slightly similar position as you'll see below.

So, yesterday I took apart 2 of my dd's swimsuits that she had outgrown and were too chlorine damaged to pass on and I made her AG girls their own swimsuits.

th_IMG_4859.jpg

Those swimsuits are darling! What a great idea for upcycling!

popping in with a pic of what I sewed up tonight - Vogue 8789...

th_20120501_Shover_1534.jpg

I decided I want some new stuff to wear to work now and I can do trip clothes after I do that.:cool1:

Wow! That is a showstopper kind of dress! Gorgeous! And, I loved everything else you posted, too. The giraffe outfits - adorable. The other two Disney outfits - darling! I especially like the Little Mermaid one. Although, I think you said you were putting shorts under it, I LOVE Shirley Temple length skirts on little girls.

Emma's outfit:
th_27758da6.jpg

I think I already missed you, but I hope you have a wonderful trip! Everything you made is great, but my favorite is the Lego skirt! Great use of pattern!

I think these are my favorite so far for this trip, Michelle! What a perfect t-shirt design!

I'm Amanda, and I've been lurcking on these threads for over a year now. I think I started when you guys were back on 22.:laughing: You inspired me to try to sew again after a disasterous experience about 10 years ago. I got a new machine, and slowly but surely I am learning! I had been debating signing up for a give, but didn't think my sewing wa good enough yet. But after seeing all the requests for a scrapbook, I went ahead and signed up, so I will be doing the scrapbook for Justin's give. I am super excited to get involved, and maybe one day, I will be able to donate on the sewing end also.

Welcome out of lurkdom!

So, I took Beth on vacation with us to show my dad and to enlist his wood-working skills to build her a counter-top box. He built it and I finished it. Now I won't have any more oil drips on my counter! Here is the result:
IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
IMG_3149.jpg

When we got home, we found a new inhabitant on our front porch. It looks like some baby Robins are in our future!
IMG_3147.jpg

Ok, back to sewing for me. I'll bet you can't guess what I'm working on. ;) (Yes, those nursing covers. Still.) Real sewing can't be too far away, right? :rotfl:

Regards,
C.

LOVE them all, what is the skirt pattern you used? and is the Mickey print on the skirt new and available or old and treasured?

:goodvibes Thanks!

Actually the skirt patterns are somewhat based on these:

http://www.gwennypenny.com/2011/03/point-of-view-and-may-day-skirt.html

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40350211&postcount=1429

Michelle... I don't think I commented on your outfits - but they are just fantastic... I am also in love with the pink Mickey head fabric - it's beautiful, and I love all the colors you paired with it... Everything is just so awesome! Great job!

D~

:hug: Thanks D

Michelle- love your outfits! All of them are great,& I too love the pink Mickey fabric!!!

:goodvibes Thanks

:welcome: Can't wait to see all your creations and how sweet to sign up for the BG.

I think these are my favorite so far for this trip, Michelle! What a perfect t-shirt design!

Regards,
C.

:goodvibes Thanks

So, I took Beth on vacation with us to show my dad and to enlist his wood-working skills to build her a counter-top box. He built it and I finished it. Now I won't have any more oil drips on my counter! Here is the result:
th_IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
th_IMG_3149.jpg

When we got home, we found a new inhabitant on our front porch. It looks like some baby Robins are in our future!
th_IMG_3147.jpg

Ok, back to sewing for me. I'll bet you can't guess what I'm working on. ;) (Yes, those nursing covers. Still.) Real sewing can't be too far away, right? :rotfl:

Regards,
C.

Love the box you dad made. And how sweet about the robins. I was hoping mine would return this year but so far they haven't made a nest in my flowers. It really is fun watching them everyday and so sad when they leave the nest :sad:

IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

Regards,
C.

That is a gorgeous piece of woodwork to go with your machine!

Hello Hello! Everything looks GREAT.

WOrked on a few things over the past 2 days!

The first are for Jonathon to wear with a Peter Pan appliqued T-shirt (Not yet done)
2012-05-03_18-48-21_23.jpg

THe FABULOUS pocket appliques were thanks to my dear friend Andrea!!!:hug: Jonathon and I love them!! (Ignore the "straight" lines, I was NOT able to sew doing those pockets!!) And NO, I wasn't drinking ;). A littel Miss someone asked on my PTR!! :lmao::lmao:

2012-05-03_18-47-51_259.jpg

2012-05-03_18-48-10_914.jpg

These are shorts that I made for Christopher to wear to Animal Kingdom. I "think" I want to do Heather Sues Elephant with Ears on a T-shirt for this. Trying to decide on the T color?!?!?:confused3 Anyone have an opinion?!?!?

2012-05-04_21-34-52_443.jpg

This isn't anything I worked on.... But Ms. Andrea surprised my sweet Alli with this beautiful Tink Tee. Alli was disappointed she wouldn't be able to wear her tink to Disney since it's long sleeve ;) Andrea must have remembered that!!
2012-05-03_10-48-04_679.jpg

Andrea was also kind enough (or crazy, not sure which :eek:) And Appliqued T-shirts my mom purchased and Tinkbell13 kindly did all of our names and sent us the files (? I guess that's how I would say it?) :worship: To both of them!

2012-05-02_17-24-43_561.jpg

We will wear those the morning we go to Chef Mickey for breakfast. I think we may go to Magic Kingdom that same day. Getting SO excited!!

:offtopic: Allison got a bit of her own Pixie Dust pixiedust:today!! Her doctor gave her the OK to start her new treatment today!!!! WOO Hoo!! :banana::banana::banana: She is on :cloud9: Now we just wait to see if it will be successful!! :hourglass I am going to say it IS going to work!!

:goodvibes

Happy Sewing!

How's that?;)

Ahhh, much better, thank you! (Now I can see your beautiful work in more detail!)

Welcome! Thank you for taking the leap for the Give. Please show us your sewing work too! I am sure your sewing is perfect and you are just being too hard on yourself.

Well, I've been home from Tennessee for almost a week, and reading along, but just had no time to post.

th_IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
th_IMG_3149.jpg

th_IMG_3147.jpg

Regards,
C.

I am glad that you got a solution to your oil dripping problems. Welcome to your new friends/tenants(?)

I am sure you will be so glad when you finish working on those nursing covers. Please remember to take a pic so we can better appreciate the magnitude of your work!

The first are for Jonathon to wear with a Peter Pan appliqued T-shirt (Not yet done)
th_2012-05-03_18-48-21_23.jpg

THe FABULOUS pocket appliques were thanks to my dear friend Andrea!!!:hug: Jonathon and I love them!! (Ignore the "straight" lines, I was NOT able to sew doing those pockets!!) And NO, I wasn't drinking. A littel Miss someone asked on my PTR!!

th_2012-05-03_18-47-51_259.jpg
th_2012-05-03_18-48-10_914.jpg

These are shorts that I made for Christopher to wear to Animal Kingdom. I "think" I want to do Heather Sues Elephant with Ears on a T-shirt for this. Trying to decide on the T color?!?!?:confused3 Anyone have an opinion?!?!?

th_2012-05-04_21-34-52_443.jpg

This isn't anything I worked on.... But Ms. Andrea surprised my sweet Alli with this beautiful Tink Tee. Alli was disappointed she wouldn't be able to wear her tink to Disney since it's long sleeve ;) Andrea must have remembered that!!
th_2012-05-03_10-48-04_679.jpg

Andrea was also kind enough (or crazy, not sure which :eek:) And Appliqued T-shirts my mom purchased and Tinkbell13 kindly did all of our names and sent us the files (? I guess that's how I would say it?) To both of them!

th_2012-05-02_17-24-43_561.jpg

We will wear those the morning we go to Chef Mickey for breakfast. I think we may go to Magic Kingdom that same day. Getting SO excited!!

:offtopic: Allison got a bit of her own Pixie Dust pixiedust:today!! Her doctor gave her the OK to start her new treatment today!!!! WOO Hoo!! She is on :cloud9: Now we just wait to see if it will be successful!! I am going to say it IS going to work!!

Happy Sewing!

Great job on the shorts. Who cares if the lines aren't straight?! I still say straight lines are totally optional! (For future reference though, a twin needle may be a good investment for those pesky double lines).

For the AK shirt, I would suggest teal/cyan(?) that goes with the background on the elephant.

Aren't Andrea and Tinkerbell13 wonderful?! This is the reason why I like hanging out here - people are so kind to each other!

Hooray that Alli can start her new treatment. I will be praying that it WILL work for her.

IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
IMG_3149.jpg

Regards,
C.

I must say that Dad has pretty amazing skills. The box is gorgeous!!

IMG_3150.jpg

And, Beth using the box:
IMG_3149.jpg

Totally love the box. I am saving the picture and maybe my brother will make one for me :)

I am on the search for some different princess appliques. I wish someone would digitize the couture princesses :)

I am being picky with designs right now because I want something different LOL.

And, Beth using the box:
IMG_3149.jpg

C.
Love the box for Beth! I hope you are able to finish the nursing covers very soon!

2012-05-03_18-48-21_23.jpg

2012-05-03_18-47-51_259.jpg

2012-05-03_18-48-10_914.jpg

2012-05-04_21-34-52_443.jpg

2012-05-03_10-48-04_679.jpg

2012-05-02_17-24-43_561.jpg

Happy Sewing!

Everything looks great! I love the shorts and the pockets look really good. I like the idea of the t-shirt with the elephant with Mickey ears. If it was me, I'd do a bright green t-shirt with those shorts. Walmart happens to have the right color right now.

Love the stuff that Andrea made for you too. How sweet that she did a Tink shirt for Allison. I hope that Allison's new treatment is successful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter