• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

WOW looks like you've been SUPER busy! Forgive me for asking, but what does ITH stand for??? I keep trying to think what it could be, but I'm stumped! You are so sweet for making that mama a pair of disney flip flops! Everything looks great!

YAY for the leotard! Man you are really making me think I need to take a stab at sewing a swim suit for one of my kiddos. She is REALLY petite for her size and has absolutely NO butt so anything off the rack has a droopy bottom and I'm SO sick of it! Anyway, back to YOU! this looks so great and I'm sure she'll have the cutest outfits at class.

Oh thanks for the head's up about the Mickey key rings. might have to go stalk ebay in a bit. Sorry to hear your DD got sick. I really hope she's feeling much better today.

HURRAY for baby Ducks! I can't wait until you get to see them and snag a picture. I'm also eagerly awaiting pictures of your finished Dorthy Dress.

Okay, now for me! I finished the girls' fab 5 (6) skirts. now all I have to do is sew up my DS's outfit and then do the shirts to go with them! I swear, I am SOOOOO behind on doing the shirts that go with outfits!

*edit* I almost forgot to add this. I made these skirts using the "May Day Skirt" tutorial found here: http://www.gwennypenny.com/2011/03/point-of-view-and-may-day-skirt.html and then added on the sash/bow.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

Love those! They are super cute! :)

ITH= In the Hoop... they are these awesome little projects that you make completely in the hoop of your embroidery machine.

I
Great job!!! I've actually been reading a lot about how to make leotards. My ODD is switching to team, so she's going to need more leos. How hard was it?

It is very easy - not hard at all, but I understand the intimidation factor. Use a stretch needle in the serger and sewing machine. It does seem to be cheaper - esp. considering once you buy the Jalie patterns you have every size you need.

I LOVE Jalie! What pattern did you use?

Sue

3138.jpg
- I have made both views of this.
20120306_Shover_0945.jpg

2792_gymnastics_leotards.jpg
made this one here:
20120306_Shover_0946.jpg

Thanks y'all!

I! have hoop envy. lol... I don't even know why, maybe it's just the fact I can't, I probably wouldn't use it. But I'd love to have a 6x10. Tho, I don't have needle envy yet.... bigger machines frighten me and so do their prices! My hoop envy mostly started with the cute pillowcase Kristi posted on JustPeachy... that was 6x10. I use a lot of 4x4 designs though, because in order to add a name and do it all in the 5x7 hoop I have to use a smaller design so I don't have to hoop them separately. So a 6x10 would be nice in that aspect as well.

The towel design I got from embprojects.com. She's awesome. It's $5 a month subscription and you can download as many as you want. I got a lot of cute ITH baby things and she even has a small ITH eye spy bag.

I think I've read somewhere that designs and so forth are only able to shrink 30% without change so I dunno how that works. I could always try it for you in SEU and you could test stitch it out. I've only changed sizes of fonts and a lot of times when I smush them down, they look funky.

I'll have to go check that out . . .

The designs look identical from the 5x7 to the 4x4 in the ones that come in 4x4, and IronMan & Thor don't look much different, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of oversight :confused3 Because -of course- the ones Finn most wants are IronMan, Thor, Capt America & The Hulk . . .because they're the 4 on his sneakers :rotfl2:

*edit* I almost forgot to add this. I made these skirts using the "May Day Skirt" tutorial found here: http://www.gwennypenny.com/2011/03/point-of-view-and-may-day-skirt.html and then added on the sash/bow.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

These are so cute!!! And the Donald skirt was too . . . Can't wait to see a pic of them all in action!!! Thanks for sharing which tutorial you used too!
happy sewing!
Sunshine

I would love to know how I can help out with sending the shirts or pillows or both. We were granted a wish for our kids this past November and stayed there. To say Thank You seems pitiful for the amazing things they did for our kids.

Please let me know how I can give back.

Thanks!

~Melissa~

I plan on coming -- hopefully! I am hoping to come with just dd and we will be staying at Judy's house and going on a huge shopping field trip with Marianne :) My dd is so excited to have a sleepover at Lisa's! Of course, I haven't discussed any of this with dh yet -- hopefully he can take a day off work and do something fun with ds. We are chatting a little on D's tr only in hopes of getting D to join us! There's been a little chat on Judy's thread too and while I was in absence on Marianne's TR I saw my name threw around quite a few times. So right now it's Judy, Lisa, myself and Marianne for certain -- I assume you are coming too (YAY!!!!!) and hopefully D. We're also trying to talk Michelle into hitching a ride with Marianne. I swear I'm leaving someone out -- who am I forgetting???

:sad1: I'll have to live vicariously through everyone as I don't think I will make it. But I do want to see LOTS & LOTS of pictures.:lmao:

QUESTION

Does anyone know who designed the Lightening McQueen? It's not the same as Heather Sues (first place I looked). Any help would be appreciated!!

th_006-1.jpg

I definitely know that is not Heather's as the mouth looks different.

I have a pair of shorts to match the Little Mermaid top ready to sew, but in the meantime, I did this for DD to wear to gymnastics:

th_20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

What a great job.

All the things you post are fantastic. I need to come take some sewing lessons!

I didn't want to disappoint so I whipped something out today. ;)

th_IMAG0319.jpg

Everything is adorable.

QUESTION
Has anyone on here been a tester for the Lucy dress? I am interested in finding out how supportive it is. While I do not have watermelons, I do have droopy coconuts. And I have a party to go to in May that it would be perfect for -- and I have fabric too!

Teressa made one for her older daughter but she wore a tank top under it.

Pics:

Daisy:
th_picture220.jpg

Minnie:
th_picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

I love that tutorial. :goodvibesThe skirts are so cute.

I have made Jalie skating dresses, but haven't found a good gymnastics pattern yet.
th_BlueSkatingDress.jpg

Sue

Nice job on the Skating dress, I still haven't tried using any kind of knit or stretch fabric yet.

As always ladies, you have excelled in your designs!

Many thanks to whomever had the mickey head keychains. I jumped right over to eBay, found them and bought them! :yay:

Just loving this thread and all its creativity.

I would love to know how I can help out with sending the shirts or pillows or both. We were granted a wish for our kids this past November and stayed there. To say Thank You seems pitiful for the amazing things they did for our kids.

Thanks!

~Melissa~

if you go check out www.disbiggive.com that's where we sign up for the big gives and all the information is there about the GKTW pillowcases. :)

:sad1: I'll have to live vicariously through everyone as I don't think I will make it. But I do want to see LOTS & LOTS of pictures.:lmao:

Awww, I wish you could make it :(

I had been busy sewing until my daughter got sick with a terrible cough and fever. She missed yesterday and today and she will be out of school tomarrow also. She is helping me try to turn a stripework skirt ( carlaC's) into one of her skorts with a solid waistband without using a yoke because she doesn't like them. Picky picky i say. Tomarrow will be round 2 of this fiasco.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is sick. I hope she will recover quickly.

I have a pair of shorts to match the Little Mermaid top ready to sew, but in the meantime, I did this for DD to wear to gymnastics:

th_20120424_Shover_1510.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1509.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

I never would have though leotards would be so fun to make, but I got a bunch of appropriate fabric and just let Gracie pick somethings to put together and adapted a Jalie pattern.

Great job on the leotard! It looks like she likes it too!

All the things you post are fantastic. I need to come take some sewing lessons!

I didn't want to disappoint so I whipped something out today. ;)

th_IMAG0319.jpg

Here's a few more things I've done in the past two days:
For My Mom's Bday..

th_IMAG0311.jpg
th_IMAG0312.jpg

This is just a bag I found at the dollar store to embellish:
th_IMAG0313.jpg

I actually made something for me for once..haha...It's a ITH business card holder. This is a FREE pattern on Digistitches.

th_IMAG0315.jpg
th_IMAG0316.jpg
th_IMAG0317.jpg

I'm going to have to go back and correct the stitching for the vinyl on my sewing machine. I think I cut too close and the stitching pulled away. It's the last step of the ITH project and there's no satin stitch around the vinyl itself, I think next time I would add it before the satin stitching.

And I actually did something Disney! I made these for a mom of 6 kids (mostly foster with disabilities and issues I found on facebook going to disney).

th_IMAG0308.jpg

I'm planning on being in Charlotte.. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Has D~ told her husband yet? Maybe I should order a bag to help pay the ticket. :) There's a bunch'o folks on facebook saying they are coming so hopefully there will be a good turn out. I hope we can find somewhere to hold us and all our fabric! I guess I should start saving up and cleaning out the trunk for all the fabric and thread I'm planning on coming home with. :rotfl:

Marianne, I don't know if I want to part with my PE770... Maybe I'll just sale you the new one. ;)

It looks like you have been busy! This meet at Charlotte sounds fun, I so wish I could come!

QUESTION
Has anyone on here been a tester for the Lucy dress? I am interested in finding out how supportive it is. While I do not have watermelons, I do have droopy coconuts. And I have a party to go to in May that it would be perfect for -- and I have fabric too!

I don't have an answer for you but I am not sure how much support it provides looking at the pictures. You may need to make it with a higher back for more support.

Okay, now for me! I finished the girls' fab 5 (6) skirts. now all I have to do is sew up my DS's outfit and then do the shirts to go with them! I swear, I am SOOOOO behind on doing the shirts that go with outfits!

Pics:

Daisy:
th_picture220.jpg

Minnie:
th_picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

Both skirts look great!

I LOVE Jalie! What pattern did you use?

I have made Jalie skating dresses, but haven't found a good gymnastics pattern yet.
th_BlueSkatingDress.jpg
th_skating002.jpg
th_skating003.jpg

(Rhinestones on sides of skirt)
I tried to shrink the photos, but I don't think it worked.

For those of you with fear of stretch fabric,
Jalie has some great sewing technique videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZReQxc9r8&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NDeR_yv-U&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQzOR-WCgE&feature=relmfu
(Hope those links worked!)
Sue

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the links!

Thanks!

~Melissa~

Thank you for stepping up and thinking about GKTW. I assume you are looking at sending wishing pillows You can go to the GKTW website for more information and shipping address (they are also looking for other items too)

http://www.gktw.org/help/wishlist.asp?m=help

QUESTION

What is "the Lucy dress " ???

I decided not to sewing any clothing for our trip this time... well so far I should say. So I made fabric keychains for the girls going. Just wanted to share. Simple project and super cute!!

ry%3D400

I have seen the mickey key chains before so I knew they existed. I found them on ebay.

What's going on in Charlotte and when? I live in Sanford which is not too far away and I have to go to Charlotte on the 26th of next month to take care of some stuff (and visit Ikea)...trying to stay away from Mary Jo's!

I was going to sew up the shorts I had cut, but decided I needed to mess with fabric, so I cut a simple skirt for myself from a couple of really pretty Patty Young/Michael Miller fabrics and then used some of the leftover pieces toward cutting this:

pattern & waistband
20120425_Shover_1516.jpg

the mish-mash strips & squares - after I laid them out, I stacked them in order of use
20120425_Shover_1517.jpg

It's the Pink Fig "Mish Mash" skirt and I plan to make it up then applique some safari-themed characters on it. It's obviously headed into being an Animal Kingdom outfit. :goodvibes

Since a lot have been inquiring about the ducks I will post, though I don't want to. Mom and Dad were out all day they were hatching, and the next day there were a couple of discarded shells by the nest. Mom is supposed to stay on the nest, but again both Mom and Dad were out the next day. I even fed them. In the afternoon Dad left and Lily sat in a pot that is in the middle of the pot. She sat there a few hours and when it was dark she disappeared. Yesterday no one was there. I went near the nest and heard nothing. DH checked the nest when he got home because he can see her in it from a certain angle. The nest is empty. Then I found a few eggshells scattered in the yard way back away from the nest toward a wooded lot behind our house. We fear once the ducks started hatching a predator (fox, raccoon or opossum) must have walked off with what it could. Lily must have been sitting in the pot mourning. I bawled :sad1: I'm still teary eyed and upset. We haven't told the kids yet. Not sure if I should just lie to them and tell them she must have taken the ducklings to a new spot for better feeding (which ducks often do according to what we read) or if we should tell them what we found. I kept goin to the pond looking all evening for Lily. And what's really weird is we have a bunch of tiger lilies planted in our yard and they are no where near blooming yet, but among them there is one odd white lily that was bloomed yesterday. OK, now I'm crying again, so let me get to commenting on sewing.

HURRAY for baby Ducks! I can't wait until you get to see them and snag a picture. I'm also eagerly awaiting pictures of your finished Dorthy Dress.

Pics:

Daisy:
th_picture220.jpg

Minnie:
th_picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine
I love the skirts! I can't wait to see what you pair them with. Did your serger behave for this set?

Dorothy is hanging in the laundry room -- I really need to snap photos. DD whined for her final fitting b/c we had been given a costume from another mom whose dd outgrew it and when my dd tried it on it itched her to death and she was so fearful it was going to be itchy -- in her little pea brain if one thing itched apparently another would too. Once she got it on she said it felt like she was naked, so maybe I can have her put it back on for a photo. If not I'll get pics May 7 which is dress rehearsal and the teacher asked me if I could help the kids with costuming and such that day so I get a preview of the play -- yay! They are doing the dress rehearsal for one of the preschool classes.

Thanks!

~Melissa~
If you click on the link in my siggie you can sign up for access to the Big Give. On the BG site is a thread about the pillows, instructions for making them and address to send them. Amy, who stayed at GKTW as wel, is going down in June and she made a bunch to take down and I have fabric to make 24 more which I will send down with her.

What is "the Lucy dress " ???
It's a new Sisboom (Carla) pattern on YCMT. It's a halter style dress with an open back, hence no bra. It's really pretty though.

What's going on in Charlotte and when? I live in Sanford which is not too far away and I have to go to Charlotte on the 26th of next month to take care of some stuff (and visit Ikea)...trying to stay away from Mary Jo's!

I was going to sew up the shorts I had cut, but decided I needed to mess with fabric, so I cut a simple skirt for myself from a couple of really pretty Patty Young/Michael Miller fabrics and then used some of the leftover pieces toward cutting this:

pattern & waistband
th_20120425_Shover_1516.jpg

the mish-mash strips & squares - after I laid them out, I stacked them in order of use
th_20120425_Shover_1517.jpg

It's the Pink Fig "Mish Mash" skirt and I plan to make it up then applique some safari-themed characters on it. It's obviously headed into being an Animal Kingdom outfit. :goodvibes
In August Lisa B is flying in to visit Judy -- do you know who they are? Lisa has been on Dis forever -- she doesn't sew but she is a huge part of the BG sending gift cards and pixie dust so she knows all of us sewers -- she comes over here from time to time too. Judy's dd went on a Wish Trip in the fall -- they became friends through Dis. Lisa lives out west, Judy lives in Charlotte. So when Lisa comes to visit Judy, Marianne is meeting up with them as she lives in Charlotte too. I am driving down for one or two nights and I know Beth is coming as well. I have no idea who else is coming. We are trying to talk D into coming -- she met Marianne in real life already. Marianne is taking us on some field trips to all her shopping destinations :) Once dates are finalized I will let you know so you can join in on the fun!

I can't wait to see the Pink Fig skirt -- love the great variety of fabrics!

3138.jpg
- I have made both views of this.
20120306_Shover_0945.jpg

Thanks! I just went and ordered this pattern. I like that the armholes are binding and not elastic. That is what I had problems with on the last one I made. Ended up being too short when I put in the elastic!
Sue

back for more support.

Both skirts look great!

Thank you for stepping up and thinking about GKTW. I assume you are looking at sending wishing pillows You can go to the GKTW website for more information and shipping address (they are also looking for other items too)

http://www.gktw.org/help/wishlist.asp?m=help[/QUOTE

I wish you could make it. You could always just fly to MN where D~ is then hop on the flight with her to Charlotte! :)

Since a lot have been inquiring about the ducks I will post, though I don't want to. Mom and Dad were out all day they were hatching, and the next day there were a couple of discarded shells by the nest. Mom is supposed to stay on the nest, but again both Mom and Dad were out the next day. I even fed them. In the afternoon Dad left and Lily sat in a pot that is in the middle of the pot. She sat there a few hours and when it was dark she disappeared. Yesterday no one was there. I went near the nest and heard nothing. DH checked the nest when he got home because he can see her in it from a certain angle. The nest is empty. Then I found a few eggshells scattered in the yard way back away from the nest toward a wooded lot behind our house. We fear once the ducks started hatching a predator (fox, raccoon or opossum) must have walked off with what it could. Lily must have been sitting in the pot mourning. I bawled :sad1: I'm still teary eyed and upset. We haven't told the kids yet. Not sure if I should just lie to them and tell them she must have taken the ducklings to a new spot for better feeding (which ducks often do according to what we read) or if we should tell them what we found. I kept goin to the pond looking all evening for Lily. And what's really weird is we have a bunch of tiger lilies planted in our yard and they are no where near blooming yet, but among them there is one odd white lily that was bloomed yesterday. OK, now I'm crying again, so let me get to commenting on sewing.

It's a new Sisboom (Carla) pattern on YCMT. It's a halter style dress with an open back, hence no bra. It's really pretty though.

In August Lisa B is flying in to visit Judy -- do you know who they are? Lisa has been on Dis forever -- she doesn't sew but she is a huge part of the BG sending gift cards and pixie dust so she knows all of us sewers -- she comes over here from time to time too. Judy's dd went on a Wish Trip in the fall -- they became friends through Dis. Lisa lives out west, Judy lives in Charlotte. So when Lisa comes to visit Judy, Marianne is meeting up with them as she lives in Charlotte too. I am driving down for one or two nights and I know Beth is coming as well. I have no idea who else is coming. We are trying to talk D into coming -- she met Marianne in real life already. Marianne is taking us on some field trips to all her shopping destinations :) Once dates are finalized I will let you know so you can join in on the fun!

I can't wait to see the Pink Fig skirt -- love the great variety of fabrics!

I really like that Lucy dress. I think it's going to look fabulous on you.

As of now, the date for the Dismeet in Charlotte is the weekend of August 18th. Last I counted on facebook there were about 16 planning on coming.

Aww Andrea...I am so sorry to hear this...poor mama duck....:sad1:

Lynn

20120425_Shover_1517.jpg

Sandi- Don't you applique first and then sew? That's what I usually do. I love the fabric and colors. It is going to be adorable. What kind of top are you going to make to do with it?

Since a lot have been inquiring about the ducks I will post, though I don't want to. Mom and Dad were out all day they were hatching, and the next day there were a couple of discarded shells by the nest. Mom is supposed to stay on the nest, but again both Mom and Dad were out the next day. I even fed them. In the afternoon Dad left and Lily sat in a pot that is in the middle of the pot. She sat there a few hours and when it was dark she disappeared. Yesterday no one was there.

Dorothy is hanging in the laundry room -- I really need to snap photos.

Sorry about your duckling babies! We had something similar happen here a few years ago. Two birds built their next inside a fence post with a hole in it. We saw the baby birds hatch and the mom and dad flying in and out to feed them. Then the next day, no parents and no baby birds either. I don't know if a snake or a fox or a raccoon got them but something certainly did. It was hard for my kids at first but it is what nature is all about.

Can't wait to see your Dorothy costume!

I hadn't heard anything about the meet up in Charlotte. But I haven't had time to read D's trip report lately and when I was reading it, I was soooooo far behind.

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

20120424_Shover_1509.jpg

20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

I never would have though leotards would be so fun to make, but I got a bunch of appropriate fabric and just let Gracie pick somethings to put together and adapted a Jalie pattern.

I Love it! Gymnastics leotards is one of my next projects once we return.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

Gorgeous!

VBAndrea - So sorry to hear about the little duckies.

Thanks so much for the compliments on the Little Mermaid dress. For those that asked, its the Marissa pattern from SisBoom.

I haven't had much time to sew lately. Still one project and a few finishing touches that need to happen. I realized last night that its pretty much just 2 wks before our trip so I'm starting to stress. I'm plugging away on the skirt today though. I discovered the my brand new rotary cutter is warped or something. It only cuts a bit and I've been having to go back and cut 'blanks' as such that are left in the fabric. Its a pain in the butt. Go figure, it'll slice the finger of my DS4 who managed to figure out how to remove the safety cover on it in the two minutes he was left alone but won't cut freaking fabric. I frayed so much fabric that most of this stripwork skirt ended up being cut by hand. Grrrr.

http://www.gktw.org/help/wishlist.asp?m=help[/QUOTE

As of now, the date for the Dismeet in Charlotte is the weekend of August 18th. Last I counted on facebook there were about 16 planning on coming.

GKTW rocks!!!!

I am planning to try to go to Charlotte too!! If Allison is feeling well enough anyway. How do you get to the facebook page???

I decided not to sewing any clothing for our trip this time... well so far I should say. So I made fabric keychains for the girls going. Just wanted to share. Simple project and super cute!!

ry%3D400
These are super cute! I'll have to find the mickey heads online.

Here's my latest addition to our May trip. I planned on bringin half the outfits because we'll have laundry machines this trip and I've made too much! Gonna be one outfit a day (or two)... just don't tell DH ok. :rotfl2:

Here's the front:

DSCN2394.jpg
I love this and am thinking of making the adult version for me (someday).

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

20120424_Shover_1509.jpg

20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

If my dd continues with gymnastics, I think I might look into making her something like this. Thanks also for posting the videos.

And I actually did something Disney! I made these for a mom of 6 kids (mostly foster with disabilities and issues I found on facebook going to disney).

IMAG0308.jpg
You've been very busy.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine
:) Love these skirts and I have bookmarked the tutorial for future use!

Sorry to hear about the ducklings.

2012-04-24_16-35-07_592.jpg

2012-04-24_20-04-06_836.jpg

2012-04-24_20-11-51_820.jpg

Christopher's birthday shirt!! Thanks Andrea!! I know they are blurry...

Haven't been around much as Allison has been continuing to not feel well. They have stopped her current treatments as it has been determined it has yet again failed. She is not eating and supposed to be on a pediasure liquid diet. (although I am not always able to get her to drink it all) IF all goes well with her testing in the next week, she will be able to start a new treatment by the end of next week. Please pray for Allison!! It's terrible to see how much pain she is in. I am trying to check in and read, but not able to post as much! Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter