• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

QUESTION

I am looking to make a shirt for Christopher that matches a shirt Jonathon got for pixie dust from Effervescent. I have not seen her on here in a while and I already PM'd her and haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know who designed the Lightening McQueen? It's not the same as Heather Sues (first place I looked). Any help would be appreciated!!

006-1.jpg

My computer decided to update and restart in mid-multiquote so here's to try number 2!

Thank You everyone for sharing in my joy and your sweet words!!

[/B]

Andrea- Are you coming to the meet in August? I ventured over to D~'s trip report and quickly got overwhelmed! :p I know y'all have been talking about it there.

NOTHING YET! Can you believe it?!?! Today is my mom's birthday so I've been working on some projects for her. (I'll have to post pics later). Plus I want to make her one of the blankets with all the birth details on it but me and SEU are going at it. It won't rotate my lettering so if anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!! I need to bite the bullet and buy some software, I use it all the time...-fingers crossed- hoping maybe I win some at the conference this weekend. Or a machine. I'm not picky. ;)
Yay! So glad you're coming to Charlotte in August!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

If you win a machine, I'll buy your 770 :)

I plan on coming -- hopefully! I am hoping to come with just dd and we will be staying at Judy's house and going on a huge shopping field trip with Marianne :) My dd is so excited to have a sleepover at Lisa's! Of course, I haven't discussed any of this with dh yet -- hopefully he can take a day off work and do something fun with ds. We are chatting a little on D's tr only in hopes of getting D to join us! There's been a little chat on Judy's thread too and while I was in absence on Marianne's TR I saw my name threw around quite a few times. So right now it's Judy, Lisa, myself and Marianne for certain -- I assume you are coming too (YAY!!!!!) and hopefully D. We're also trying to talk Michelle into hitching a ride with Marianne. I swear I'm leaving someone out -- who am I forgetting???

I can't help you with SEU because I've never tried it but I've heard embrid is more user friendly. I will eventually likely break down and buy the one Ann has -- it just merges designs and I think you can do names with it too -- that's as far as I ever plan on going.

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! And Happy Birthday to Amy's ds too -- CHRISTOPHER IS TWO TODAY!

And this morning I saw a discarded egg shell by our duck nest so it looks like yesterday was the ducklings birthday (no sightings of them yet) so they share a birthday with my doggies :love:

Yay! for ducky baby birthdays! and Yay! for Charlotte DISMeets!

QUESTION

I am looking to make a shirt for Christopher that matches a shirt Jonathon got for pixie dust from Effervescent. I have not seen her on here in a while and I already PM'd her and haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know who designed the Lightening McQueen? It's not the same as Heather Sues (first place I looked). Any help would be appreciated!!

006-1.jpg

99% sure it came from Sweet Peas Place . . .I just compared your pic to SPP as well as some other sites and it looks like it's SPP.

I decided not to sewing any clothing for our trip this time... well so far I should say. So I made fabric keychains for the girls going. Just wanted to share. Simple project and super cute!!

ry%3D400

Those keychains are great! I want to know where you got the Mickey key chains too!

And this morning I saw a discarded egg shell by our duck nest so it looks like yesterday was the ducklings birthday (no sightings of them yet) so they share a birthday with my doggies :love:

Wow! Hopefully you will meet the ducklings soon!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Here is a picture of the back. It is not the best because of the lighting. There are three godets, so one is at the back. The twirl is big!

th_IMG_2464.jpg

This is a beautiful dress! I like the twirl factor!

I love the ariel dress and the smocking is gorgeous!

007.jpg

010.jpg

great fabric choices the dress came out cute

Then I was working on my Princess Aprons. They aren't totally done, as some of them need the little "charmers" hanging on them:

022.jpg
021.jpg

013.jpg
014.jpg

I love the outfits and the charmers my daughter really likes

Where did you get the 2 applique?I have been looking for something like that for my daughters 2nd birthday in August since we will be at Disney that day.

I have the Mickey key rings and i got mine on ebay back in January.I'm pretty sure it was from China.

I had been busy sewing until my daughter got sick with a terrible cough and fever. She missed yesterday and today and she will be out of school tomarrow also. She is helping me try to turn a stripework skirt ( carlaC's) into one of her skorts with a solid waistband without using a yoke because she doesn't like them. Picky picky i say. Tomarrow will be round 2 of this fiasco.

I have a pair of shorts to match the Little Mermaid top ready to sew, but in the meantime, I did this for DD to wear to gymnastics:

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

20120424_Shover_1509.jpg

20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

I never would have though leotards would be so fun to make, but I got a bunch of appropriate fabric and just let Gracie pick somethings to put together and adapted a Jalie pattern.

I love the ariel dress and the smocking is gorgeous!

I love the outfits and the charmers my daughter really likes

Where did you get the 2 applique?I have been looking for something like that for my daughters 2nd birthday in August since we will be at Disney that day.

I have the Mickey key rings and i got mine on ebay back in January.I'm pretty sure it was from China.

I had been busy sewing until my daughter got sick with a terrible cough and fever. She missed yesterday and today and she will be out of school tomarrow also. She is helping me try to turn a stripework skirt ( carlaC's) into one of her skorts with a solid waistband without using a yoke because she doesn't like them. Picky picky i say. Tomarrow will be round 2 of this fiasco.

Just peachy Applique, and Andrea did it on the shirt
They are on sale now for $1

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

I never would have though leotards would be so fun to make, but I got a bunch of appropriate fabric and just let Gracie pick somethings to put together and adapted a Jalie pattern.

All the things you post are fantastic. I need to come take some sewing lessons!

I didn't want to disappoint so I whipped something out today. ;)

IMAG0319.jpg

Is there a secret to the cute little collages you guys make in photobucket? I've been trying to play around with it, it's probably all right in front of my face.

Here's a few more things I've done in the past two days:
For My Mom's Bday..

IMAG0311.jpg
IMAG0312.jpg

This is just a bag I found at the dollar store to embellish:
IMAG0313.jpg

I actually made something for me for once..haha...It's a ITH business card holder. This is a FREE pattern on Digistitches.

IMAG0315.jpg
IMAG0316.jpg
IMAG0317.jpg

I'm going to have to go back and correct the stitching for the vinyl on my sewing machine. I think I cut too close and the stitching pulled away. It's the last step of the ITH project and there's no satin stitch around the vinyl itself, I think next time I would add it before the satin stitching.

And I actually did something Disney! I made these for a mom of 6 kids (mostly foster with disabilities and issues I found on facebook going to disney).

IMAG0308.jpg

I'm planning on being in Charlotte.. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Has D~ told her husband yet? Maybe I should order a bag to help pay the ticket. :) There's a bunch'o folks on facebook saying they are coming so hopefully there will be a good turn out. I hope we can find somewhere to hold us and all our fabric! I guess I should start saving up and cleaning out the trunk for all the fabric and thread I'm planning on coming home with. :rotfl:

Marianne, I don't know if I want to part with my PE770... Maybe I'll just sale you the new one. ;)

Love this! I am going to be attempting something very similar for DD soo, but 2 tiered patchwork ruffles. It took be a bit to find a 2nd hand denim skirt to cut appart though, and now I'm just waiting for my DM in MI to bring some fabric with her when she visits in 2 weeks - then I can get started.

How hard was is to sew the ruffle onto the denim? That's my bigest concern right now. Did you repurpose a skirt or shorts/jeans?

I repurposed a pair of jeans that had a hole in the knee. Once the lovely ladies on this thread taught me about a denim needle, I had no problem sewing the ruffles on.

OK, here ist goes. Here's my first real sewing attempt (I don't count the SLR camera strap). It is seriously flawed, I flipped the length/width when cutting the bodice pieces, figured that out with shirt #2. So this turned out a little narrow and longer than it was supposed to. This will be 'donated' for my co-workers daugther and I will be making a new Tink shirt (same pattern, purple Tink fabric) for DD. ;)

The pattern/tutorial if from toosweetpatterns on Etsy. Super easy and super cute. I got the tutorial for sizes 6-12, thinking DD will be in size 6 when we head to Disney (yes, I am getting a big head start). :laughing:

Here goes my first picture post too. Hope it's not ginormous! :confused3

photo-1.jpg

Great job! I'm new to this too, but I love what you did!

I decided not to sewing any clothing for our trip this time... well so far I should say. So I made fabric keychains for the girls going. Just wanted to share. Simple project and super cute!!

ry%3D400

I'm with everyone else. Those key rings are awesome!!!

I have a pair of shorts to match the Little Mermaid top ready to sew, but in the meantime, I did this for DD to wear to gymnastics:

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

20120424_Shover_1509.jpg

20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

Great job!!! I've actually been reading a lot about how to make leotards. My ODD is switching to team, so she's going to need more leos. How hard was it?

th_20120424_Shover_1510.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1509.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

Fabulous! Cute leotards are so expensive too -- I bet you can make them for half the price. Usually I spend more money sewing, but I think you might save with a leotard. Love the handstand pic, though I miss the cat model.

th_IMAG0319.jpg

Is there a secret to the cute little collages you guys make in photobucket? I've been trying to play around with it, it's probably all right in front of my face.

For My Mom's Bday..

th_IMAG0311.jpg
th_IMAG0312.jpg

th_IMAG0313.jpg

I actually made something for me for once..haha...It's a ITH business card holder. This is a FREE pattern on Digistitches.

th_IMAG0315.jpg
th_IMAG0316.jpg
th_IMAG0317.jpg

I'm going to have to go back and correct the stitching for the vinyl on my sewing machine. I think I cut too close and the stitching pulled away. It's the last step of the ITH project and there's no satin stitch around the vinyl itself, I think next time I would add it before the satin stitching.

And I actually did something Disney! I made these for a mom of 6 kids (mostly foster with disabilities and issues I found on facebook going to disney).

th_IMAG0308.jpg

I'm planning on being in Charlotte.. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Has D~ told her husband yet? Maybe I should order a bag to help pay the ticket. :) There's a bunch'o folks on facebook saying they are coming so hopefully there will be a good turn out. I hope we can find somewhere to hold us and all our fabric! I guess I should start saving up and cleaning out the trunk for all the fabric and thread I'm planning on coming home with. :rotfl:

Marianne, I don't know if I want to part with my PE770... Maybe I'll just sale you the new one. ;)
The burp cloth is my favorite -- I love the little clothesline! ANd your mom's gifts look fab as well.

I think I would be afarid to use vinyl in my embroidery machine -- I hate using it on my regular machine unless I can sandwich it between two fabrics. Even with a plastic foot it still stretches for me.

So who all on fb is coming? I am not on fb. And why would D need to tell her dh -- I haven't mentioned it to mine yet lol!

QUESTION
Has anyone on here been a tester for the Lucy dress? I am interested in finding out how supportive it is. While I do not have watermelons, I do have droopy coconuts. And I have a party to go to in May that it would be perfect for -- and I have fabric too!

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

The leotard is so cute! How fun that your dd was able to pick out the fabric that she wanted you make it from! Can't wait to see the completed Little Mermaid outfit. I hope your cat won't mind modeling the shorts too ;)

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg
IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg
IMAG0316.jpg
IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg
Everything turned out great! The business card holder looks very cute. I hope you can fix the vinyl on it. Nice that you made the adorable flip flops for the foster mom too. I hope your mom likes her birthday presents. Love the baby gift. I knew you'd have to make something for the baby!

QUESTION
Has anyone on here been a tester for the Lucy dress? I am interested in finding out how supportive it is. While I do not have watermelons, I do have droopy coconuts. And I have a party to go to in May that it would be perfect for -- and I have fabric too!

No but I took a look at the pattern. You could probably make it with the less revealing style of top and then use a halter style bra underneath it. I am sure that the coconuts need the correct support. :lmao: It is a cute pattern! It might be something that my girls would be willing to wear if I made one for them.

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

Wow! That is amazing. I can't imagine making something like that. I have not even attempted knit fabric.

LOVE all the stuff you posted!!! Where did you get that alphabet for the towels again???

Yay! So glad you're coming up this summer! As for the machine, you know I'd take whichever . . .I know, I know, it's hilarious that I already have hoop envy. . . I just can't understand why some designers will do part of a series WITH 4x4 designs and part of it with the smallest being 5x7 . . .

Is that something I could "shrink" if I had software? or no?

LOVE all the stuff you posted!!! Where did you get that alphabet for the towels again???

Yay! So glad you're coming up this summer! As for the machine, you know I'd take whichever . . .I know, I know, it's hilarious that I already have hoop envy. . . I just can't understand why some designers will do part of a series WITH 4x4 designs and part of it with the smallest being 5x7 . . .

Is that something I could "shrink" if I had software? or no?

Thanks y'all!

I! have hoop envy. lol... I don't even know why, maybe it's just the fact I can't, I probably wouldn't use it. But I'd love to have a 6x10. Tho, I don't have needle envy yet.... bigger machines frighten me and so do their prices! My hoop envy mostly started with the cute pillowcase Kristi posted on JustPeachy... that was 6x10. I use a lot of 4x4 designs though, because in order to add a name and do it all in the 5x7 hoop I have to use a smaller design so I don't have to hoop them separately. So a 6x10 would be nice in that aspect as well.

The towel design I got from embprojects.com. She's awesome. It's $5 a month subscription and you can download as many as you want. I got a lot of cute ITH baby things and she even has a small ITH eye spy bag.

I think I've read somewhere that designs and so forth are only able to shrink 30% without change so I dunno how that works. I could always try it for you in SEU and you could test stitch it out. I've only changed sizes of fonts and a lot of times when I smush them down, they look funky.

th_IMAG0319.jpg

For My Mom's Bday..

IMAG0311.jpg
th_IMAG0312.jpg

th_IMAG0313.jpg

th_IMAG0315.jpg
th_IMAG0316.jpg
th_IMAG0317.jpg

th_IMAG0308.jpg

WOW looks like you've been SUPER busy! Forgive me for asking, but what does ITH stand for??? I keep trying to think what it could be, but I'm stumped! You are so sweet for making that mama a pair of disney flip flops! Everything looks great!

th_20120424_Shover_1510.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1509.jpg
th_20120424_Shover_1514.jpg

YAY for the leotard! Man you are really making me think I need to take a stab at sewing a swim suit for one of my kiddos. She is REALLY petite for her size and has absolutely NO butt so anything off the rack has a droopy bottom and I'm SO sick of it! Anyway, back to YOU! this looks so great and I'm sure she'll have the cutest outfits at class.

Oh thanks for the head's up about the Mickey key rings. might have to go stalk ebay in a bit. Sorry to hear your DD got sick. I really hope she's feeling much better today.

I plan on coming -- hopefully! I am hoping to come with just dd and we will be staying at Judy's house and going on a huge shopping field trip with Marianne :) My dd is so excited to have a sleepover at Lisa's! Of course, I haven't discussed any of this with dh yet -- hopefully he can take a day off work and do something fun with ds. We are chatting a little on D's tr only in hopes of getting D to join us! There's been a little chat on Judy's thread too and while I was in absence on Marianne's TR I saw my name threw around quite a few times. So right now it's Judy, Lisa, myself and Marianne for certain -- I assume you are coming too (YAY!!!!!) and hopefully D. We're also trying to talk Michelle into hitching a ride with Marianne. I swear I'm leaving someone out -- who am I forgetting???

I can't help you with SEU because I've never tried it but I've heard embrid is more user friendly. I will eventually likely break down and buy the one Ann has -- it just merges designs and I think you can do names with it too -- that's as far as I ever plan on going.

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! And Happy Birthday to Amy's ds too -- CHRISTOPHER IS TWO TODAY!

HURRAY for baby Ducks! I can't wait until you get to see them and snag a picture. I'm also eagerly awaiting pictures of your finished Dorthy Dress.

Okay, now for me! I finished the girls' fab 5 (6) skirts. now all I have to do is sew up my DS's outfit and then do the shirts to go with them! I swear, I am SOOOOO behind on doing the shirts that go with outfits!

*edit* I almost forgot to add this. I made these skirts using the "May Day Skirt" tutorial found here: http://www.gwennypenny.com/2011/03/point-of-view-and-may-day-skirt.html and then added on the sash/bow.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

IMAG0319.jpg

For My Mom's Bday..

IMAG0311.jpg
IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg
IMAG0316.jpg
IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

Everything looks amazing!

Okay, now for me! I finished the girls' fab 5 (6) skirts. now all I have to do is sew up my DS's outfit and then do the shirts to go with them! I swear, I am SOOOOO behind on doing the shirts that go with outfits!

*edit* I almost forgot to add this. I made these skirts using the "May Day Skirt" tutorial found here: http://www.gwennypenny.com/2011/03/point-of-view-and-may-day-skirt.html and then added on the sash/bow.

Pics:

Daisy:
picture220.jpg

Minnie:
picture221.jpg

happy sewing!
Sunshine

I wanted to tell you that I still use that tutorial for a lot of inspiration.

but in the meantime, I did this for DD to wear to gymnastics:

20120424_Shover_1510.jpg

I LOVE Jalie! What pattern did you use?

I have made Jalie skating dresses, but haven't found a good gymnastics pattern yet.
BlueSkatingDress.jpg

skating002.jpg
skating003.jpg

(Rhinestones on sides of skirt)
I tried to shrink the photos, but I don't think it worked.

For those of you with fear of stretch fabric,
Jalie has some great sewing technique videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZReQxc9r8&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NDeR_yv-U&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQzOR-WCgE&feature=relmfu
(Hope those links worked!)
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter