Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I can't wait to see your themes and outfits! It's good to know that some men out there would wear customs too!
you better hurry up and get inspired! You need time to sew! Your trip is getting close. I've been watching your ticker shrink!:cool1:Your outfits last year were great, so I can't wait to see what you come up with this time around. My dh wears whatever I make, too, but last year, I ran out of time for his and mine, so I have to start earlier this year. I need inspiration, too.

:goodvibes Thanks for the compliments.... well I tried making the Twirl Patchwork skirt and think I screwed up cutting the strips and then decided I didn't like how it was going to look. So now I have a lot of cut fabric going in my applique stash:rolleyes1

but I think I have some days narrowed down to what we are going to do but my DD8 is giving me such a hard time now. She thinks she's entitled to an opinion :rolleyes1

i just finished my first 3 hoop design - it took me 4 tries to get all the hoops aligned exactly how I want them & I still have to do the last little btis by hand. Digitizing takes a while to learn how to do & do it correctly but with simplicty. you want your design to flow & be easy for others to use too should you share or sell. I just recently started listing more of my designs n etsy as I am now more confident & have had others test a few. I have a 6x10 hoop and like big appliques which is why I torture myself with the 2 & 3 hoopings.
Dr facilier is a 3 hoop
429314_376513522364265_163938963621723_1735784_1847107304_n.jpg

Can't remember if I commented on FB but I just wanted to say this came out amazing.

I am so excited find this thread! I am currently working on a tink outfit for my 16 yr dd for our trip!!

I sew a lot for my whole family - and I am now starting to plan out my sewing projects for our August trip. I did some special stuff for a Disneyland trip in 2009, but that was a short trip. I'm really looking forward to creating a bunch of stuff for a longer trip - esp. since I have acquired an embroidery machine between these trips.

Hi! Can anyone advise me on measurements for a tshirt dress for an infant. I want to make one for my little sweetie, who will only be 9mos when we go on our disney cruise. I looked on ycmt - but the patterns are for bigger girls. Thanks!

I used these instructions to make a onesie dress for my dd. Basically, I'd just measure her from waist to knee right now and add 3-5 inches to account for growth.

It was super easy and with a onesie, it stays in place. Here's a pic(sorry for the repeat, everyone else!):

IMG_1228.jpg

Lots of cute stuff that I missed, but the boards have been so flukey I haven't tried to quote. I'm lucky I can get on some days. :confused3

Regards,
C.

I am so excited find this thread! I am currently working on a tink outfit for my 16 yr dd for our trip!!

Welcome and we love to see pictures. Andrea likes them larger too.

I sew a lot for my whole family - and I am now starting to plan out my sewing projects for our August trip. I did some special stuff for a Disneyland trip in 2009, but that was a short trip. I'm really looking forward to creating a bunch of stuff for a longer trip - esp. since I have acquired an embroidery machine between these trips.

Welcome. Can't wait to see your creation.

I used these instructions to make a onesie dress for my dd. Basically, I'd just measure her from waist to knee right now and add 3-5 inches to account for growth.

It was super easy and with a onesie, it stays in place. Here's a pic(sorry for the repeat, everyone else!):

IMG_1228.jpg

Lots of cute stuff that I missed, but the boards have been so flukey I haven't tried to quote. I'm lucky I can get on some days. :confused3

Regards,
C.

I don't know how I missed this but it is adorable.

:welcome: Don't forget to share pictures of what you made.

:welcome: You will have fun planning especially with your new embroidery machine. There are so many cute Disney designs you can play with.

th_IMG_1228.jpg

Regards,
C.

I never saw this one posted before either. I love that SW fabric. I have a bunch of that print I am hoarding.:rolleyes1

I'm so excited, I just sewed my first Disney themed outfits! My DD's are so excited about their new dresses. I used a "pillowcase" design and am really happy with how they turned out.

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg
love those!!! i too started with pillowcase dresses,real cases or tubes of fabric...so sweet and easy! i love your pix,'specially the one with the owl/bird art on the wall...thats my favorite art is my grandkids art! my sewing room walls are covered with things from them!
i can't wait to see what you create next!
~Beth~

My granddaughter Chloe will be 5 on monday and when i told her i had found her sisters/cosuins rock star tee's but hadn't found her one yet she said " No Nanna you gotta SEWED me one!" " with me on it with a stick with a microphone on it and i want a guitar on it" so here it is...when she saw it she said " Nanna I LOVE it!' then a second later," but i got brown hair!' hehe she is a blode but not a 'yellow' blonde...lol
397175_10150521083811586_555471585_9115790_1017508539_n.jpg

her party is this afternoon so I'll have pix of my lil rocker in her shirt to share later...they will rock out with the just dance 3 on the wii...should be fun!
~Beth~
i need to update my siggy and add Miss Liberty!!!!

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a long time, but I have 2 questions and I am hoping you can help me. I usually hand-applique Mickey heads on t-shirts for our family and then make twirly skirts for my girls. Here is a picture from our July 2011 trip:

Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

My problem is that for our March 2012 trip, I will be 5 months pregnant. Given that this is my 4th child, I certainly need maternity shirts! I usually buy our t-shirts at Hobby Lobby for $2-$3.

Question:
I can't find any reasonably priced maternity shirts! Any suggestions?

Second, we are going to Legoland on that trip for the first time. I have read through most of the thread, but I haven't seen any outfits for Legoland. I need inspiration!!! Right now, I am thinking of appliqueing a basic Lego block on a t-shirt and making primary colored ruffle skirts for the girls.

Question:
Any ideas for outfits for Legoland?

Thanks so much for sharing all of your beautiful work. You have all really inspired me to sew for my kids.

I am brand new to sewing. My DD11 asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, so we've been playing with it a little. She is really wanting some Star Wars pajamas, but I haven't been able to find any Star Wars material. Where did you find yours? Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking here for a long time, but I have 2 questions and I am hoping you can help me. I usually hand-applique Mickey heads on t-shirts for our family and then make twirly skirts for my girls. Here is a picture from our July 2011 trip:

Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

My problem is that for our March 2012 trip, I will be 5 months pregnant. Given that this is my 4th child, I certainly need maternity shirts! I usually buy our t-shirts at Hobby Lobby for $2-$3.

Question:

Question:
Welcome and thanks for sharing the great photo of your family with Jasmine and Aladdin! Cute skirts and Mickey head tops!

Sorry, I don't have any great ideas for Legoland.

I have had good luck finding maternity tops (not for me, but for customer orders) in the clearance section at JC Penney's. Also, some Ross stores have a small maternity section. Maybe you can find some on there.

I forgot to grab the picture of Chloe on the shirt with her guitar and microphone. What an awesome job! It looks wonderful. Hope the party turned out great!

Hello everyone!

Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

Question:
I can't find any reasonably priced maternity shirts! Any suggestions?Second, we are going to Legoland on that trip for the first time. I have read through most of the thread, but I haven't seen any outfits for Legoland. I need inspiration!!! Right now, I am thinking of appliqueing a basic Lego block on a t-shirt and making primary colored ruffle skirts for the girls.

Question:

Thanks so much for sharing all of your beautiful work. You have all really inspired me to sew for my kids.

I've seen several tutorials on the web where mamas-to-be buy a larger mens shirt (like one size larger than they normally wear in womens) and then add elastic to the side seams for a rouching effect.....it looked really cute.

here's one I found just searching for maternity shirt from men's t

http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2010/03/big-tee-to-maternity-tee-refashion.html

you could easily do this with a walmart tshirt or a jiffy order shirt...if you don't think its your cup of tea....target will clearance out stuff occationally and mine carries maternity t's

didn't see this get answered. I try to bring mine in at least once a year for service/cleaning. i digitize stuff myself - completly scared to do hand applique because i hate not getting it to look like the picture in my head. I make 2 &c3 part designs that require you to rehoop & line up.
someone asked about doing pieces of a design. your machine will not accept a design bigger han its hoop so you can not make pieces of it& move the hoop.
(sorry about my typos~trying to soak of fake nails i haddone before Chistmas so I am typing with one hand)

i just finished my first 3 hoop design - it took me 4 tries to get all the hoops aligned exactly how I want them & I still have to do the last little btis by hand. Digitizing takes a while to learn how to do & do it correctly but with simplicty. you want your design to flow & be easy for others to use too should you share or sell. I just recently started listing more of my designs n etsy as I am now more confident & have had others test a few. I have a 6x10 hoop and like big appliques which is why I torture myself with the 2 & 3 hoopings.
Dr facilier is a 3 hoop
429314_376513522364265_163938963621723_1735784_1847107304_n.jpg

Rapunzel &Flynn are a 2 hoop
407312_370056109676673_163938963621723_1715871_1180145796_n.jpg

Both of those designs look great! I don't do applique "by hand" much these days but they are fun for bigger projects.

:goodvibes Thanks for the compliments.... well I tried making the Twirl Patchwork skirt and think I screwed up cutting the strips and then decided I didn't like how it was going to look. So now I have a lot of cut fabric going in my applique stash:rolleyes1

but I think I have some days narrowed down to what we are going to do but my DD8 is giving me such a hard time now. She thinks she's entitled to an opinion :rolleyes1

Too funny on your DD and her opinions. I think I have most of my outfits planned for August. A few of them will be repeats from last year. I am only bringing 6 outfits for 10 days since I will be doing laundry and we want to save space in the suitcase for DH's Lego.

Welcome! I can't wait to see your creations. It looks like you will be there at the beginning of August, which means we will miss each other by a few weeks! I know another gal here will be going around the same time you do, but I can't remember who it is now.

th_IMG_1228.jpg

Regards,
C.

That is a super cute outfit. I don't remember seeing that one before either?!

My granddaughter Chloe will be 5 on monday and when i told her i had found her sisters/cosuins rock star tee's but hadn't found her one yet she said " No Nanna you gotta SEWED me one!" " with me on it with a stick with a microphone on it and i want a guitar on it" so here it is...when she saw it she said " Nanna I LOVE it!' then a second later," but i got brown hair!' hehe she is a blode but not a 'yellow' blonde...lol

her party is this afternoon so I'll have pix of my lil rocker in her shirt to share later...they will rock out with the just dance 3 on the wii...should be fun!
~Beth~

What a cute shirt for Chole!

Hello everyone!

th_Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

Question:

Second, we are going to Legoland on that trip for the first time. I have read through most of the thread, but I haven't seen any outfits for Legoland. I need inspiration!!! Right now, I am thinking of appliqueing a basic Lego block on a t-shirt and making primary colored ruffle skirts for the girls.

Question:

Welcome! I can't help you with the maternity clothes question but I have done a little of work related to Lego:

First, it started off as a Lego minifig design I digitized to put on a bag for a special teen:
TracesBag.jpg

Then, DH saw it and decided that he wanted a mini-version of it on his polo. I had to redo the digitizing:
MiniFigShirt.jpg

And the close up of the minifig on the polo:
MiniFig.jpg

I know someone else on here did a design on a dress with Lego blocks for her DD. I certainly remember Heather having Lego-ish designs in her catalouge.

Both of those designs look great! I don't do applique "by hand" much these days but they are fun for bigger projects.

Too funny on your DD and her opinions. I think I have most of my outfits planned for August. A few of them will be repeats from last year. I am only bringing 6 outfits for 10 days since I will be doing laundry and we want to save space in the suitcase for DH's Lego.

Welcome! I can't wait to see your creations. It looks like you will be there at the beginning of August, which means we will miss each other by a few weeks! I know another gal here will be going around the same time you do, but I can't remember who it is now.

That is a super cute outfit. I don't remember seeing that one before either?!

What a cute shirt for Chole!

Welcome! I can't help you with the maternity clothes question but I have done a little of work related to Lego:

First, it started off as a Lego minifig design I digitized to put on a bag for a special teen:
TracesBag.jpg

Then, DH saw it and decided that he wanted a mini-version of it on his polo. I had to redo the digitizing:
MiniFigShirt.jpg

And the close up of the minifig on the polo:
MiniFig.jpg

I know someone else on here did a design on a dress with Lego blocks for her DD. I certainly remember Heather having Lego-ish designs in her catalouge.

CUTE, I am glad my DS didn't see this ha ha ha. He would be asking for an embroidery machine!

Hello everyone!

Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

Question:

Question:

We are headed to Legoland this week and I think I'm going to applique a simple shirt with a legoman. I saw on Pinterest a link to a Lego man Image and a paper doll lego man image. I might even do the paperdoll thing on a skirt for dd.

I haven't been on in a while and just wanted to say I hope to be here more often. You guys have been creating amazing things lately. I'm hoping to get back into sewing again. It's been a long year and I've missed it.

~Beth~

Beth... what a cute story and the shirt is adorable

Hello everyone!

th_Photo1400FourBySix.jpg

Question:

Question:

Congrats to you. Sorry I don't have any advice on maternity Tshirts but you could probably google Lego outfits to get an idea.

I am brand new to sewing. My DD11 asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, so we've been playing with it a little. She is really wanting some Star Wars pajamas, but I haven't been able to find any Star Wars material. Where did you find yours? Thanks!

Joanne's came out with a few SW prints a few weeks ago but the SW print that was in the recent post is not in production anymore. I was able to score some from a local store but they do sell some SW fabric online too but for a hefty price:confused:

th_TracesBag.jpg

th_MiniFigShirt.jpg

I use the Space Saver Travel bags. They work great for getting more clothes in your suitcase and also protects them if something should leak onto your luggage.

Too funny that you DH loves lego's too. My sons are now into them and Lego has come out with Girl lego's too called Lego Friends and of course DD wants some.

Love that shirt. I remember when you posted it originally.:goodvibes

Hi Ladies,
Is their a FB group like this thread? I think its a great thread, just too active and large for this kinda format. I will happily stay and hangout if there are no groups, but its hard to keep up, Lol.

I did click somewhere on the 1st page that said there was a fb link, but it just went to another DIS thread. I also "Like"d the DIS page (but its not a sewing group, ha)

Anywho, I'd love to easily chit chat about sewing & disney in a fb group. So if any of you know of some let me know, thanks
:hippie:

I have some Beginner Sewing Questions:

1- I love the applique look, but don't understand how to do it. Do I simply pin the material together and then go around it with a zig zag stitch? How do I keep rounded patterns (such as Mickey heads) from bunching up?

2- I don't understand pattern sizing. DD11 has a 28" waist and a 32" on her hips. These two sizes are not even close to one another on the charts. How on earth do I adjust this to fit her? She is not curvy yet, and she carries all of her weight in her belly still.

I was just in JoAnne Fabric and they have some new SW prints.

Chloe had a wonderful party and evryone loved her rock satr shirt...here she is with her Paper Jams guitar...she's so funny,she opened each present,oohhhed and aaahhhed,put everything back in each bag and passed it to cousin Elli to place under the table we had her sitting on,after a couple of princess gifts she reported " I'm NOT a Princess I'm a ROCK STAR!" lol...but she is still a princess at heart i know!
she's a beautiful mess!
394059_10150529686106586_555471585_9137532_1491592702_n.jpg

love the lego digi and the mickey head tee's and skirts and everything else that has been posted in the past few days,been lurkin' but no time to comment...
i'm off to watch the rest of 'my fair lady' before i go to bed....
sweet dreams diser's...~Beth~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter