Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

SallyfromDE, I just saw in your signature the phrase Boo Ya.

My niece said that so much during our trip. I have no idea where she came up with it but she would say Boo Ya Smokers. I don't think I posted here on the DisBoutique Board all the trouble we had trying to avoid smokers. So I know how she got that part.

Oops, forgot to catch your name--but when I make my eye shy bags I use a soft fleece. Tip regarding the plastic window--have 3 layers -- bottom layer of tissue paper (I use the tissue paper that the clear plastic is wrapped in); middle layer the window and the top will be your fleece. The plastic tends to stick if you don't have anything under it.

I finished my first Christmas skirt. I made a diaper cover to go with it, but I probably didn't need to do so. Wasn't thinking about granddaughter wearing tights with the skirt.:idea:

Christmas Skirt & Diaper Cover by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

Christmas Skirt by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Now I need to think about what I should do for my next project...DH says my next project should be baking him an apple pie:rotfl2:
Sheila
Sheila

So - who wants to meet for breakfast at CFA next Friday and then hit Joann's??? :)

ME! I LOVE CFA! But the closest one is over an hour away in the next state south.

So, I forgot to post pictures here - I finished the boys Mickey Decoupage Jeans (I did post about doing so, just not the pic :confused3
th_04ae2f29.jpg

Super cute! Where are the t-shirts from? I love the white face Mickey!

2768199930067077547S600x600Q85.jpg

2197382570067077547S600x600Q85.jpg

She made all my clothes. I wish I had half her sewing ability!

A.Maz.Ing! Just gorgeous! You look beautiful!

Oooh! It worked, but they're really big! Is that OK?

Here's one more:

th_064.jpg

Lori in East Podunk (again!)

Awww! You both are so cute together! My dd had no choice but to wear clothes that matched mine this year. I hope she'll WANT to in the future!

Happy Veteran's Day to our wonderful military families! thank you for your service to our country!

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Love those vets! And the families, :worship:!

I finished my first Christmas skirt. I made a diaper cover to go with it, but I probably didn't need to do so. Wasn't thinking about granddaughter wearing tights with the skirt.:idea:

Now I need to think about what I should do for my next project...DH says my next project should be baking him an apple pie:rotfl2:
Sheila
Sheila

Super cute! I love the Grinch!

Regards,
C.

Oops, forgot to catch your name--but when I make my eye shy bags I use a soft fleece. Tip regarding the plastic window--have 3 layers -- bottom layer of tissue paper (I use the tissue paper that the clear plastic is wrapped in); middle layer the window and the top will be your fleece. The plastic tends to stick if you don't have anything under it.

Sheila
Sheila

Love this. I am waiting for some grinch fabric to go with a T-shirt Miss C has.

I am seriously hoping today is a better day than yesterday with the boy. Yesterday was a bit rough :(

I have a bunch I want to accomplish and it has been slow going since by the time I put J to bed I am exhausted. Honestly I was in bed at 8:30 last night.

SallyfromDE, I just saw in your signature the phrase Boo Ya.

My niece said that so much during our trip. I have no idea where she came up with it but she would say Boo Ya Smokers. I don't think I posted here on the DisBoutique Board all the trouble we had trying to avoid smokers. So I know how she got that part.

Boo is my cats name. But my nephew watches some cartoon and he says Boo Ya all the time. Now it's going to drive me crazy trying to think what it is he watches.

Sheila
Sheila

This skirt is seriously cute!! When I work with plastic, I'll use tearaway from machine embroidery. We've done the tissue, but it can be hard to pick out from the stitches.

Sheila
Sheila

I love this skirt! It is so adorable - and I just love the fabrics! :thumbsup2

D~

Hi Everyone!

Piper - BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Lovin the Christmas skirt and diaper cover!!

Please pray for little Hannah - she now stops breathing even when she is awake, Mom is fearing the end of her battle is near, but they really just dont know - they re just besides themselves.....

Has anyone seen an embroidery design for a Bride and Groom? I was thinking of making tshirts for my friend for Christmas - her wedding is in August....

Getting ready to try some of the ribbon appliques from Applique Corner - do her designs stitch out well?

Not really anything to do with sewing except that my dd came into my closet and saw the ig bolt of horse fleece I had hiding behind the door (which is going to be made into Christmas presents for her). But now I bought her a huge horse purse -- not a little tiny one, a huge one! So how do you all hide Christmas presents? When they were younger it was easier because they didn't accidentally snoop -- they are not purposely snoopy now, but they do from time to time.

In the past I have wrapped things right away in case they found them and then I would put a sticky note on the package so I would remember what was in it, but that was before they could read. I also have the problem of winter birthdays (dd's on Xmas day and ds in Jan) so I just buy things and then divy them up between Xmas and b-day and dd does NOT get her b-day pressies wrapped in Xmas paper.

I have one box in my closet and one box currently in the downstairs bathtub (I mainly use it for storage b/c we only have out of town guests about once a year -- though if Marianne and D come to use my embroidery machine that storage spot may be out -- don't want stinky girls in my house).

Anyhoo, any hiding ideas would be appreciated.
mine were pretty good about not finding gifts,if they did they nevr let on to me,mt dd Brendi hides soem things at my house! like i have the kids husband pillows in my spare room in garbage bags stacked up with baby clothes and chirstmas stuff so they'd never know what was what with all nanna's junk...on the other hand my other dd needs to hide hers here,every year she gives the girls soemthing early bacause either they find it or she can't wait herself! she's also been know to let them have a gift she's gotten for soemone else and then had to rebuy a gift...lol... it's usually oneof the boy cousins toys sicne she has 3 girls and all that entails...but when they see a little people tractor they just gotta have one too!
this year hiding should be easy since all 5 { the 5 i get to see} want electronics...Elli & Blaze are getting ipods and Kensleigh,Gracie & Chloe all want mp3 players { they have no clue yet about what an ipod is so they will get the starter mp3 like E and B did a few years ago.}
sorry i went on and on and was no help...but hising at soemone elses house might work...
~Beth~

I hide presents in our garage and at a friend's house and small stuff I can hide in the linen closet. I try to wrap as early as I can and the boys each have their own wrapping paper. . . so no names on the presents if I can help it . . . with just two it's easy to remember which paper belongs to whom.

My mom hides stuff all over the house and my dad's office . . . but she doesn't keep a list of WHERE everything is hidden . . . I have been the recipient of "years ago" presents on more than one occasion when she's found an old present in the process of hiding a new one :lmao:

One year she lost my "big" present - I think I was 12 - and she finally gave up and told me what I was supposed to have gotten . . . I still had to wait until she figured out where she'd hidden it though:rolleyes1 I think it was Feb or March before that happened:headache:
love the lost hiding place story...my grandmother was the same way!
i used different colroed wrapping pper for my kids when they believed in santa,red+Candee,blue+ Brendi,Green +Austin...so they knew on christmas morning even if i didn't have them all stacked togetehr ,each his own room to rip into gifts...
when they got older and knew about santa i used reindeer names ont he tags and each year it changed and they neer kenw till christmas moring who was who...last year i started doing reindeer names for the g'babies when iElli heard how i did with her mom and aunt,uncle she wanted me to do the same with them...so it's now passed to the next generation...but they will know who's who because i just went down the line matching reindeer to grandchild by age..Elli-Dasher,Blaze -Dancer etc...next year we'll have a Blitzen to enjoy!

Sheila
Sheila

I love this! Can you tell me what pattern or tutorial you used? Please please please don't say that you just whipped it up without a pattern or directions lol. I want to make my daughter a skirt but I have no idea how to! And does she have babylegs? Because she could wear the diaper cover with the babylegs instead of wearing tights. I am newly obsessed with babylegs lol

With all the talk about old Singers and ruffles, I thought I'd show off 2 dresses that my mother made for me with her 1942 Singer. Both of them are made of taffeta and net.

The red one has 3 tiers of ruffles and the bodice has chiffon over the taffeta and around the top. I wore it to Valentine's and Christmas dances.
2768199930067077547S600x600Q85.jpg

The white one is 36 rows of ruffles all the way down the skirt. If anyone has ever tried to ruffle regular net, they know how difficult it was. The net was sewn to a net overskirt layered over taffeta. The bodice had tiny ruffles over the bust. My mother often made matching cummerbunds for me and my date (along with a bowtie for him) out of satin when he was wearing a tux. I had to wear 7 hoops with it--the short one that I wore under the red dress that had 2 hoops and the long one with 5 hoops! It had 1600 feet of ruffles on it!
2197382570067077547S600x600Q85.jpg

She made all my clothes. I wish I had half her sewing ability!
those dresses are amazing!! and all the love that went into them! so perfect..wonderful memories

Sheila
Sheila

This is so sweet! My DD always wears bloomers over her tights, but not when she wears leggings.

Hi Everyone!

Piper - BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Lovin the Christmas skirt and diaper cover!!

Please pray for little Hannah - she now stops breathing even when she is awake, Mom is fearing the end of her battle is near, but they really just dont know - they re just besides themselves.....

Has anyone seen an embroidery design for a Bride and Groom? I was thinking of making tshirts for my friend for Christmas - her wedding is in August....

Getting ready to try some of the ribbon appliques from Applique Corner - do her designs stitch out well?
i haven';t seen a bride/groom embroidery but i saw a cute idea on the show 'Hot in Cleveland' when Betty Whites character was getting married instead of his/hers jakets { tee's in your case} his said 'hers' and hers said 'his'...veyr sweet

i haven';t seen a bride/groom embroidery but i saw a cute idea on the show 'Hot in Cleveland' when Betty Whites character was getting married instead of his/hers jakets { tee's in your case} his said 'hers' and hers said 'his'...veyr sweet

I :lovestruc love :lovestruc the idea of his/hers shirts!! My brother is getting married in Sept and I was trying to think of cute ideas. Thanks!

~Jennifer

I love this! Can you tell me what pattern or tutorial you used? Please please please don't say that you just whipped it up without a pattern or directions lol. I want to make my daughter a skirt but I have no idea how to! And does she have babylegs? Because she could wear the diaper cover with the babylegs instead of wearing tights. I am newly obsessed with babylegs lol

Hi, Thanks...I love making these skirts...I use the same concept and attach it to a t-shirt to make a dress...so easy.
With the twirl skirt I take the measurements from waist to knees or depending on how long you want it. Divide that length by 3, then add 2" to the top piece for waist band and 2" to bottom for hem. I make the top piece 40", the second piece 60" and the third piece 90". You could use 80" for second and 160" for the bottom if you wanted it fuller. I just sew the piece and/or pieces together for top layer. Then repeat for second then gather it at top and attach to the top piece and repeat for bottom. I always hem the bottom layer before gathering it. I saw a tutorial back in the summer but can't remember the site. Sometimes I may make the middle layer wider depending on the design of the pattern:)

As for the diaper cover I found the pattern for that on dana-made-it.com
Hope that helps...and I haven't made it sound harder than it really is..
Sheila

Hi, Thanks...I love making these skirts...I use the same concept and attach it to a t-shirt to make a dress...so easy.
With the twirl skirt I take the measurements from waist to knees or depending on how long you want it. Divide that length by 3, then add 2" to the top piece for waist band and 2" to bottom for hem. I make the top piece 40", the second piece 60" and the third piece 90". You could use 80" for second and 160" for the bottom if you wanted it fuller. I just sew the piece and/or pieces together for top layer. Then repeat for second then gather it at top and attach to the top piece and repeat for bottom. I always hem the bottom layer before gathering it. I saw a tutorial back in the summer but can't remember the site. Sometimes I may make the middle layer wider depending on the design of the pattern:)

As for the diaper cover I found the pattern for that on dana-made-it.com
Hope that helps...and I haven't made it sound harder than it really is..
Sheila

Well... I am very new to sewing more than a pillow case dress LOL so anything is confusing to me. I think I get the general idea. Thanks! What size did you make that for? My daughter is only 4months old. Does anyone know of a pattern or picture tutorial that is similar to this? I am always terrified of cutting my fabric for something new if I haven't seen many pictures to explain it to me lol

Y'all are killing me- there is no way in creation for me to keep up with this thread. However, at least I've been sewing when I can. As usual, I spent entirely too long on an outfit DD will probably wear once, but hey, it's probably better than drinking in the afternoons or getting addicted to reality tv...

Here's what I'm finishing this weekend- I did the cutting and embroidering last weekend, and the sewing today and yesterday- that is, when I wasn't cleaning, watching dolphin tale, or church ( 5 hours every sunday- I apparently have the gift of helps and end up needed at at least 3 of our 4 services, but I love it)

Please ignore all the threads- I managed to get everything on for the test fit, but I don't think I'd get it back on her tonight- the threads will be gone before we leave, I promise:)

It's an Insa skirt- I :love: this skirt pattern; Heathersue's appliques, and I made up the top.

Front:

IMG_5214.jpg

L side
IMG_5216.jpg

R side
IMG_5215.jpg

Back

IMG_5217.jpg

Sorry for so many pics, but its the only way to see the whole thing:flower:

Almost forgot- I cased the concept from Leslie- did a different top, and different fabrics, but the idea of using floral fabric, Princesses, Insa and the ruffles were inspired by her outfit.

ok I absolutely adore this....anyone know if it is available in an etsy shop or where i could get a pattern for this. If i cant sew it i know a few people who can lol.

Also...i have some more questions, yes i know,i am more annoying than a 3 yr old with the questions :p 1) I found where you can purchase the appliques to put on tshirts, etc......do you still use the heat bond stuff on the back of these and sew them on?

2) on the disboutique photobucket account, within the first few pages i believe, there was a GORGEOUS lion king/simba sundress that i must find or find a pattern for. I tried to get the pics to load on here but for some reason could not.

Thanks, you guys have me addicted to this now!!

Lisa

Sheila
Sheila
SO CUTE! I just made a skirt for Barbara's auction and used a few of the same fabrics. I love that you matched it with the grinch fabric.... When I was done with the back I said, all the ruffles remind me of the grinch. ;)

ok I absolutely adore this....anyone know if it is available in an etsy shop or where i could get a pattern for this. If i cant sew it i know a few people who can lol.

Also...i have some more questions, yes i know,i am more annoying than a 3 yr old with the questions :p 1) I found where you can purchase the appliques to put on tshirts, etc......do you still use the heat bond stuff on the back of these and sew them on?

2) on the disboutique photobucket account, within the first few pages i believe, there was a GORGEOUS lion king/simba sundress that i must find or find a pattern for. I tried to get the pics to load on here but for some reason could not.

Thanks, you guys have me addicted to this now!!

Lisa
This is a beautiful set. The Insa skirt pattern is by Fabernmix and you can find it in the Sewing Clothes Kids Love book. I do not believe you can buy the pattern separately, but I could be wrong. Its an awesome pattern, with endless possibilities. The book has more patterns in it and a few that you will frequently see made here. :)
I am really bad about checking the photobucket account, so I can't tell you offhand about the Simba Lion King dresses. I'll have to peek over though. I suppose I could add some of my stuff to the account.

Here is the outfit I finished for Barbara's auction. Size 7/8 and the top will be custom made with initial of choice ;)

IMG_7431.jpg

front
IMG_7429.jpg

back
IMG_7424.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter