Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Wanted to share what I made for Barbara's auction now that it is posted.

Sometimes you need to sew just to be creative and destress :)

christmasoutfit.jpg
That turned out great! I am sure it will get lots of bids!

We're back...well, we've been back for almost 2 weeks. I got sick in Disney and then it got worse when we got back so I haven't done much of anything! We did have a great time! and I will post pics of my daughter whenever I finally get them on my computer! Plus I have a lot of catching up to do on here! I've been MIA for about 3 weeks!
I did make another princess dress for a customer right before we left..I like the way it turned out.
IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0048.jpg

And I just finished up her last order early this week. (It took me about a week to get enough strength/motivation to get back to sewing). I love how this turned out! I don't do much applique by hand anymore, but wanted this one to be big and I am so pleased with how it turned out!
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0063.jpg

Thanks for looking! Now back to the thread for me!
Those looks great! I love the princess dress and the Minnie applique is awesome!

I finished my decoupage princess jeans!!! WooHoo!:cool1: One item done, many many more to go!

295725_10150358296436188_623451187_8442347_1202035351_n.jpg

375138_10150358297196188_623451187_8442349_955704701_n.jpg
Those look fantastic! I don't have the patience to do that! The one time I tried the decoupage I found it very frustrating. Great job on those jeans!

Coming out of lurkdom again...

So, it looks like the stars may be aligning, and I could possibly get my first embroidery machine. I know it's been discussed over and over and over on this thread (and even recently), but I would love recommendations since my parameters are a little different. There's about $1000 to play with here, but, of course, I'd like to spend the least amount possible. :laughing: The leftover will go in the WDW fund. I'm sure I'll want the biggest hoop possible, but I also want to be able to pop in here with the (unavoidable) questions I'm sure I'll have. ;) I was looking at the PE770 on Overstock after reading here and chatting with the oh-so-helpful Wendy a little bit last year, but I wanted some more thoughts, as I'm always second-guessing myself.
I have a Babylock Ellageo 3 which I did buy second hand on Ebay. I have been extremely happy with it. I am sure you will love whatever machine you buy. Machine applique and embroidery is my favorite craft ever! You get such quick and beautiful results!

th_christmasoutfit.jpg

I love how this came out.

Now I need to work on some other projects and I still need to make a list of things for our trip in about 50 days.

This set it adorable! I would wear that!

]
And I just finished up her last order early this week. (It took me about a week to get enough strength/motivation to get back to sewing). I love how this turned out! I don't do much applique by hand anymore, but wanted this one to be big and I am so pleased with how it turned out!
th_IMAG0062.jpg
th_IMAG0063.jpg

Oh my, I LOVE this! The applique is amazing!! I have yet to see any outfit in these colors that isn't fabulous! I need to stock up on those fabrics for the future!

Regards,
C.

So, it looks like the stars may be aligning, and I could possibly get my first embroidery machine. I know it's been discussed over and over and over on this thread (and even recently), but I would love recommendations since my parameters are a little different. There's about $1000 to play with here, but, of course, I'd like to spend the least amount possible. :laughing: The leftover will go in the WDW fund. I'm sure I'll want the biggest hoop possible, but I also want to be able to pop in here with the (unavoidable) questions I'm sure I'll have. ;) I was looking at the PE770 on Overstock after reading here and chatting with the oh-so-helpful Wendy a little bit last year, but I wanted some more thoughts, as I'm always second-guessing myself.

Aaaand, should I wait 'til after Thanksgiving? Ever see any deals? I definitely want to go the corporate route. I'm too paranoid to spend this much on eBay or Craigslist. :rotfl:

You might go by BSewIn at I-240 & Penn. I bought my Babylock Ellageo 2 there. I bought mine used, someone had traded it in. You just have to check with them and see if they have any trade ins. It's great to be able to go in with questions and if you buy your machine there then you get a discount on thread and stuff.

You might go by BSewIn at I-240 & Penn. I bought my Babylock Ellageo 2 there. I bought mine used, someone had traded it in. You just have to check with them and see if they have any trade ins. It's great to be able to go in with questions and if you buy your machine there then you get a discount on thread and stuff.
That's a good idea. I know that the place where I get my machine serviced has shown me a couple of used machines that I might upgrade to someday. They were a tiny bit more expensive than buying from ebay or Craigslist but you'd also get peace of mind because you could see the machine and try it before buying. Some places will also include lessons even with a used machine.

PolyndianPrincessJes - I don't have the 770 but I have a Brother machine that I am very happy with. It seems everyone has great things to say about that machine, especially for the price. I don't think you will want to max out your budget since, as others have said, you will need money for stabilizer, thread, etc.

Nini - can't wait to see your quilts but that sounds like a TON of work. I bet the Christmas dresses will be amazing but I would not want to work with those fabrics either. I bet your granddaughter would be much happier in a nice soft cotton but I'm sure the satin will look beautiful.

th_christmasoutfit.jpg

Now I need to work on some other projects and I still need to make a list of things for our trip in about 50 days.
This set is really cute. How sweet of you to offer it for auction. Everyone has been so generous with putting up items for auction.

We're back...well, we've been back for almost 2 weeks. I got sick in Disney and then it got worse when we got back so I haven't done much of anything! We did have a great time! and I will post pics of my daughter whenever I finally get them on my computer! Plus I have a lot of catching up to do on here! I've been MIA for about 3 weeks!
I did make another princess dress for a customer right before we left..I like the way it turned out.
th_IMAG0049.jpg
th_IMAG0048.jpg

th_IMAG0062.jpg
th_IMAG0063.jpg

The princess dress is so pretty. The bow looks really sweet and the fabric choices are great. Minnie looks amazing, she looks so happy!

Sorry you weren't feeling well on your trip. I imagine it wasn't easy with such a big group and being pregnant.

I am happy to say that I got to meet Jessica during our trip to Disney. I was standing in line for Dumbo and from the back I saw one of Jessica's beautiful dresses being worn by the cutest little girl in pig tails. I chased them down on their way to the bathroom and got to say hi. We only got to chat for a few minutes as I never stand in the way of a child and a pregnant mom headed for the bathroom!!

I've never met anyone from the boards before so it was a little exciting to bump into them at the park. Later on in the week I got to meet up with Lisa and Megan in Epcot. My children had just spent about an hour in Innoventions with my parents so they were acting a bit crazy to say the least! It was fun getting to meet some very friendly Dis members.

th_christmasoutfit.jpg

Beautiful! I still need to work on an auction product but I have been swamped the past few days just catching up on things around the house. I spent three hours yesterday pressure washing the driveway b/c dh never got around to it and it was mandated by the Nazi Association (though truth be told once I started doing it I realized how awful it was). And I have to finish today -- I did the last parts in the dark so need to do some touch up work and now need to make our walkway match the driveway.

th_IMAG0049.jpg
th_IMAG0048.jpg

th_IMAG0062.jpg
th_IMAG0063.jpg

I know the princess dress was a lot of work but I am in LOVE with the Vida! It's gorgeous. I love doing hand applique -- especially when it's something simple.

I finished my decoupage princess jeans!!! WooHoo!:cool1: One item done, many many more to go!

Adorable! Do we get to see them modeled?

Aaaand, should I wait 'til after Thanksgiving? Ever see any deals? I definitely want to go the corporate route. I'm too paranoid to spend this much on eBay or Craigslist. :rotfl:
I highly recommend the PE770. By the time you buy thread and stabilizer and needles and scissors you'll be out about another $200. And then you will want to buy designs too!

Uploading phtos now but must take the kids to school first....

I love meeting online friends. The bond is already there.

okay so today I am going to sew up a pair of easy fits before work since DD is in desperate need of pjs so this will be 2 new pairs this week.

Also I am going to attempt my first crayon roll. I found a tutorial that seems pretty easy so I am trying something new.

Going to order my stuff for the new big give. I also have another item for an auction item and It is using stuff I have here which is a big thing.

These are just the Beatles outfits I made for the Fab Faux concert (still need to get some better pics of Halloween costumes). ETA I swear I resized the pics in Photobucket so I have no clue why they remain huge!

DS had a bowling shirt (which I upsized successful to a 9/10) and I let him wear the yellow long sleeve t under it. He choose to button up the bowling shirt though so you couldn't see the embroidery on the shirt, but he's worn it alone since:
BeatlesBowlingShirt.jpg

BeatlesBowlingShirtBack.jpg

BeatlesYellowShirt.jpg

DD had a modified Olivia to make it a shirt and Jeans. John and George are on the front b/c they are her favorites. Paul and Ringo are on the back. The placement of the embroidered autographs on the jeans matches where the Beatles are on the shirt. All appliques that aren't Beatles are from HeatherSue. The jeans took a long time to do but I really love them. And dd noticed right away that the sun was the sun from Rapunzel -- I just thought it looked cool and Here Comes The Sun is a favorite song of ours and happens to be the name of our male dog as well (we call him "Sunny" -- dddog is Penny Lane -- "Penny"). BTW, doggies had to be named Beatles named b/c mom is Lucy In The SKy With Diamonds (Lucy) though the breeder said we could call them whatever we wanted. She let us pick the Beatle names and I was going to call the dogs Tai Chi and Zen, but it didn't fit their personalities so Sunny and Penny are their call names.
Front:
BeatlesOliviaGeorgeandJohn.jpg

Back:
BeatlesOliviaBackRingoandPaul.jpg

BeatlesJeans.jpg

BeatlesJeansBack.jpg

BeatlesJeansPeaceJohnLennon.jpg

BeatlesJeansMusicNoteGeorgeHarrison.jpg

BeatlesJeansHeartRingoStarr.jpg

BeatlesJeansGuitarPaulMcCartney.jpg

Beatles2011.jpg

Andrea I love the Beatles outfits. Fabulous job.

Okay I am working on my first ever crayon roll up (it is also my first time using fusible interfacing), expanding my horizons here.

These are just the Beatles outfits I made for the Fab Faux concert (still need to get some better pics of Halloween costumes). ETA I swear I resized the pics in Photobucket so I have no clue why they remain huge!

DS had a bowling shirt (which I upsized successful to a 9/10) and I let him wear the yellow long sleeve t under it. He choose to button up the bowling shirt though so you couldn't see the embroidery on the shirt, but he's worn it alone since:
BeatlesBowlingShirt.jpg

BeatlesYellowShirt.jpg

DD had a modified Olivia to make it a shirt and Jeans. John and George are on the front b/c they are her favorites. Paul and Ringo are on the back. The placement of the embroidered autographs on the jeans matches where the Beatles are on the shirt. All appliques that aren't Beatles are from HeatherSue. The jeans took a long time to do but I really love them. And dd noticed right away that the sun was the sun from Rapunzel -- I just thought it looked cool and Here Comes The Sun is a favorite song of ours and happens to be the name of our male dog as well (we call him "Sunny" -- dddog is Penny Lane -- "Penny"). BTW, doggies had to be named Beatles named b/c mom is Lucy In The SKy With Diamonds (Lucy) though the breeder said we could call them whatever we wanted. She let us pick the Beatle names and I was going to call the dogs Tai Chi and Zen, but it didn't fit their personalities so Sunny and Penny are their call names.
Front:

Back:

BeatlesJeans.jpg

BeatlesJeansBack.jpg

BeatlesJeansPeaceJohnLennon.jpg

BeatlesJeansMusicNoteGeorgeHarrison.jpg

BeatlesJeansHeartRingoStarr.jpg

BeatlesJeansGuitarPaulMcCartney.jpg

Beatles2011.jpg

I love the jeans, they turned out great! :) As did the other parts of the outfit.

th_BeatlesBowlingShirt.jpg

th_BeatlesBowlingShirtBack.jpg

th_BeatlesYellowShirt.jpg

Front:
th_BeatlesOliviaGeorgeandJohn.jpg

Back:
th_BeatlesOliviaBackRingoandPaul.jpg

th_BeatlesJeans.jpg

th_BeatlesJeansBack.jpg

th_BeatlesJeansPeaceJohnLennon.jpg

th_BeatlesJeansMusicNoteGeorgeHarrison.jpg

th_BeatlesJeansHeartRingoStarr.jpg

th_BeatlesJeansGuitarPaulMcCartney.jpg

th_Beatles2011.jpg
Love the Beatles outfits!
Andrea I love the Beatles outfits. Fabulous job.

Okay I am working on my first ever crayon roll up (it is also my first time using fusible interfacing), expanding my horizons here.
Good luck! I still want to make the kids crayon rolls. By the time I get around to it they probably won't color anymore :goodvibes.

BeatlesBowlingShirt.jpg

BeatlesYellowShirt.jpg

Front:

Back:

BeatlesJeans.jpg

Beatles2011.jpg
The outfits turned out fabulous! I can see why the jeans took so long. They are wonderful. The kids look great and must have gotten lots of attention!

Chiara, Wow, finished the crayon roll already:thumbsup2 I've seen them but I haven't tried to make one yet. It looks like a time consuming project to me. I don't have a space dedicated to just sewing so I can't stand leaving unfinished projects laying around until I can find time to finish them.:confused3
Sheila

Sheila

It took me maybe half an hour start to finish. I will post pictures later. It took me a bit to figure out how to use the interfacing :lmao:

Thanks for all the compliments on Lyddie's Grace Ruffle dress! I really love this pattern!

Fabric Shopping! Always makes the day go better!

My family decided they did not want me to make their gifts this year....so I had not planned on making anything other than teacher/therapists/doctor gifts (which numbers in the 20's so it is not like I won't be busy!) Last night, I got three emails from grown kids. All three of them want a quilt for Christmas. All three of them need a King Size quilt for Christmas. We are having our family Christmas on Dec 10. Wonder how many I'll get finished by Christmas?

Plus I have the two Grace Ruffle dresses to make for Christmas Day...only my DIL wants one to be in velvets and satins... Yuck. I hate sewing with both those fabrics.

I guess I 'll be shutting myself down in the studio for days at a time now. I guess that is what happens when you complain about not being in the studio for a whole week!

I love, love, love all the Halloween Costumes everyone has posted. My kids each picked out something from WalMart this year. They had fun, Dad bought them, and I didn't have to stress. I think this is the way to go from now on! LOL!

Nini

UGGH!!! I don't even know what to say to that! Do they have a clue how much work a quilt is????

IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0063.jpg

Fabulous dresses!!!!! These are really gorgeous.

The time has come!!!!

Evan is our newest Make A Wish Kiddo!!!!! He survived a cancerous Wilms Tumor, chemo and radiation and is ready to go!! His baby sister Kiera is also ready to go and is needing some special baby stuff (bibs, diaper bag) as well as lots of ruffly fluffy outfits!!!!!!

59396_1393048787542_1271839605_30925309_8322215_n.jpg

Please come on over and sign up!! Thanks so much everone for making this little guys holiday much brighter this year!!!:grouphug:

What a sweet family!

They look great!

I love my Brother 770. I got it from Overstock and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. I had to return my first machine, but it was the easiest return I've EVER had! My second machine worked great.

I didn't spend much other than my machine to get started. I checked online to see how much everything would cost:

$62- 50 spools thread-(http://www.embroiderypassion.com)
Everything else I usually buy at Joann's with a coupon or on sale:
$15- 10 yards cut away medium or heavyweight stabilizer (this lasts me a long time)
$2 - 5 pack needles
$5- embroidery scissors

I am happy to say that I got to meet Jessica during our trip to Disney. I was standing in line for Dumbo and from the back I saw one of Jessica's beautiful dresses being worn by the cutest little girl in pig tails. I chased them down on their way to the bathroom and got to say hi. We only got to chat for a few minutes as I never stand in the way of a child and a pregnant mom headed for the bathroom!!

I've never met anyone from the boards before so it was a little exciting to bump into them at the park. Later on in the week I got to meet up with Lisa and Megan in Epcot. My children had just spent about an hour in Innoventions with my parents so they were acting a bit crazy to say the least! It was fun getting to meet some very friendly Dis members.

How exciting!!!!

All the outfits are great!!!!!

Not sure how I missed this earlier but these came out fabulous. You are going to be a big hit in WDW.

th_BeatlesYellowShirt.jpg

Front:
th_BeatlesOliviaGeorgeandJohn.jpg
th_BeatlesJeans.jpg

th_Beatles2011.jpg
:worship: Love everything about these outfits. Great job on upsizing the bowling shirt. The colors are amazing and everything came together so nice. How funny that your dog's are Beatles fans too :dogdance:

Good luck! I still want to make the kids crayon rolls. By the time I get around to it they probably won't color anymore :goodvibes.
:rotfl2: So true

Andrea!! Great job on those outfits!!!!!!

If anyone would like to come and help us with Evan's Big Give, it'd be AWESOME!! This little guy LOVES his characters, and there are still some to be used in creations for him! Also could use a few baby things, and maybe a rosetta for mom!!!!
Here he is dressed up for Halloween with his little sister Kiera!
IMG_0270.jpg

Chiara, Wow, finished the crayon roll already:thumbsup2 I've seen them but I haven't tried to make one yet. It looks like a time consuming project to me. I don't have a space dedicated to just sewing so I can't stand leaving unfinished projects laying around until I can find time to finish them.:confused3
Sheila

2092025330067077547S425x425Q85.jpg
2809435680067077547S425x425Q85.jpg

They are actually quick to make. I made 24 of them for my class "back in the day! My whole room was color coded and there were 4 crayon rollups, 4 pair of the "right color" scissors, pencils, rulers, and glue.

I LOVE THESE COSTUMES! They're terrific!

Beautiful! I agree with what someone else said - when I saw the drawings I thought it looked like it was for little girls, but Lydia looks amazing and it certainly doesn't look like a "little girl" dress!

So cute! And those overalls! TDF!

Great "action" pics! But where are you? What did you dress up as?

I lost some quotes! But everything is just great!!! I'm off to Mary Jo's, Hobby Lobby & Walmart this morning with the bestie . . .must exercise self-restraint!!!!
hehe i keep my fat butt behind the camera! but i wore my eeyore fleece pj pants and eeyore house coat! comfy and eveyone thought i was desses as an old lady i think! hehe...Gracie siad for us to wear our pajamas...so i did...we do that on christmas eve so maybe she was confused...who knows but it was nice to just go in and curl up and watch 'once upon a time' on the dvr after they all left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter