• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Somehow I left this off when I posted my zippered bag. Sorry!

I love your bags. Thanks for posting examples for me. Mine were very thick and I thought my corners don't look as good as yours do. Is there a trick to that? I used relatively thin fusible batting since I had it leftover from my Rosetta bags. Do you think it is less flexible than regular batting? I didn't quilt the back since I was putting on the extra pocket back there.

Thanks. I am not sure about the batting being more flexible or not but I used cotton quilt batting. Also, I cut around the whole thing close with pinking shears and then snip the corners. I use a small rod I have to poke out the corners after turning. I haven't tried the back pocket, that looks like a nice addition. I gave one to my daughter in law for xmas and ended up with several orders from her friends from work after that. They do make nice gifts!

I wanted to share my other contribution to Barbara's auction. My sweet daughter inspired me to give a little more after she asked to donate $10 from her piggy bank. So Proud!!!

303242_10150376551259729_121682319728_8059427_1705347286_n.jpg

There are so many cute things! Jessica made a darling girl scouts apron. A super cute Minnnie bag was listed tonight and Heather put up another FrouFrou gift certificate.
Beautiful! Love the pinks.

I haven't even started Alexa's Halloween costume yet and still wanted to make a couple more Halloween outfits. Don't know if they're going to get finished or not! Alexa is going to be Rapunzel and I really wanted Connor to be Flynn Ryder but he wasn't having it! So I bought him a Spiderman costume instead. Is it pathetic that I feel bad that he doesn't have a mom-made costume this year?!
A store bought costume!!!! I actually had to do that one year when dd wanted to be a unicorn and ds was a horse. I wanted to make ds a knight's costume for under his horse but he refused :confused3 And dd already had a gorgeous fairy dress that we received as a hand me down so coudln't make that to coordinate with her horse either :(

Oh, sorry about the broken link! Hmm, it appears that site won't allow a direct link. Try this instead. It should be the first or second article down.

Regards,
C.
Good thing you didn't show this to me before I started my costumes otherwise I would have been tempted to bid -- after all i got my satin for less than $1.50 a yard so according to FHA I think I could then get a million dollar pattern.

I don't see the pants pattern shown either -- I'm sure the must have used Carla's Easy Fits (even though she probably wasn't even born then) just like I am.

I'm trying to get some ideas for Christmas Gifts for teachers, therapists and doctors that we see on a weekly basis. This has been a struggle for me for the past few years. I don't want to repeat myself, but each year the expectations get bigger and bigger.

I found some glass ornaments from a couple years ago. I was going to use them for place card holders at my Christmas table, but we ended up doing Christmas at my DIL's house and we did something different. They are clear glass, I put a few drops of paint in each one (different Christmasy colors) and swirled them around, then drained the excess paint.

They have a sort of marbled appearance. If I took these, and wrote either the Teacher's name or year on it in Gold leaf pen...would that work for a teacher's gift?

Part of me thinks it is fine, but another part thinks it is a bit cheap and uninspired. I've never reused something for a gift before...

In past years I have made goodies (included homemade hot cocoa mix and homemade marshmallows) in a fabric basket, hand embroidered and appliqued wall hangings, machine embroidered guest towels, Matching key fobs and purses, and a few other that I can't remember.

They all start out simple and end up taking about three times as much actual time to complete. I'm looking for something simple and easy...and quick!

Any ideas? Doe these ornaments sound too cheap?

Nini

PS...Since DD is now in middle school her teachers do not have the same high expectation as her previous elementary teachers...
My teachers get generous Target gift cards for Christmas and American Express cards for end of the year. They get homemade at Teacher's Day. But in your case you have a gazillion people and I would never do gift cards for that many people. I think the ornaments sounds cute and I like the idea of using them asa gift topper to home made treat for the more special folks.

The last couple of years of elementary school for teachers, scout leaders, therapists, etc I did a tin full of peppermint bark. Very easy to make and tastes great. Plus it looks expensive even though it isn't. Last year for middle school teachers we did "melted snowman" cookies for each teacher. They were large cookies so each teacher got one in a pretty cello bag tied with a ribbon. They were very well received.

th_WinterBreak2010149.jpg

We've also done insulated coffee cup cozies that I sewed and a small Starbucks gift cards.
Those are cute! I like the idea of the coffee cozies with gift cards. I'm not a coffee drinker, but starbucks has yummy hot cocoa!

everything posted this week is beautiful....especially love the pink christmas idea!

here are Kensliegh/lavender,Gracie/green and Chloe's/floral Ingalls dresses...

all 3 together...Kens & Gace saw thiers on FB a minute ago and are cheering and saying they love them they are perfect! Chloe loved her's too!
293314_10150339434911586_555471585_8400644_1262897696_n.jpg

the veggie cans we did for their treat buckets...gotta add gems to one gold one and a lightening bolt to the other for the greek god/goddess { Elli & Blaze} i forgot to get a pic of Elli's dress...the Ingalss have silver gray buckets...th orange handles don't match but thye re what Pawpaw had and he put them on so that will work! they are the food service size cans...

ging now to decorate the gold ans...crunch time...
They are going to make such cute Prarie Girls!

Yay! And lucky you that soccer will be over! Phalen has a make-up game that weekend (and DH will get to see since he'll have to take him) and playoffs the following weekend . . . I am ready for the season to be OVER!

Y'all I have lost my mind! We tried using the spray in stuff to color Finn's hair blue for his Gil the Bubble Guppie Halloween costume. He went with spray in blue hair to the Halloween party we attended last night. But, by the end of the party (which was only 3 hours long) his hair was silver and he was leaving a cloud of blue dust in his wake. For whatever reason, that spray in stuff does NOT stick to his hair. Without the blue hair he just looks like a half nekked Ariel that lost her hair . . .
So, back to Sally's we went today . . .and consulted with our two new friends (we met them the other day when we went in for the "good" color hair spray) and bought a bottle of semi-permanent blue hair dye. :scared1: not only does that smilie guy show what my brain was doing as I was making the purchase, he also is a good representation of the color my child's hair is now.

It will wash out (and after only a few washes with a clarifying shampoo) but it's still the real deal BLUE HAIR.

What will I do when they're teenagers and want to dye their hair? I've already allowed him to do it at age THREE. :rotfl2:

Here's a pic of Finn while the color was processing . . . it's not QUITE this "bright" now that we've rinsed and dried. . .
314435_10150368623789525_760474524_8060473_446497194_n.jpg
Our last soccer game is Nov 12 unless we get another make up game! We have practice twice a week and I am ready for that to end -- Ben has a lot of homework this year (we're really used to no homework b/c the kids are Montessori but they do 4/5/6 grades as a transition class so he gets some homework every night now and has to read to an adult for 20 min every night).

OMG on the blue hair! I hope his forehead didn't stay blue! I had a purple ear once from a mishap with regular haircolor that had a reddish tint.

I had a moment of inspiration in my Etsy name quest. What do you think of WellingtonPuddleduck?
LOVE IT!!!! And hope I can change my name -- must go check. I don't have a shop yet but have a name in mind that wasn't taken a couple of months ago. Just hope it's available for a business license as well, but I guess they wouldn't have to match exactly.

Hi Everyone!!!

Just got back from my conference in Ft Lauderdale - and a quick swing by the World for our Anniversary and a side trip to see Winter the Dolphin! We had a great time!!

Love all the auction items and new outfits created. And I LOVE Finn's blue hair!!!! lol!!!!

Question for you - I need to make Hannah into Isabella from Phineas and Ferb for Halloween. Any ideas of what pattern I could use?? Im stumped!!!!!! I tried hard to find a leftover tshirt type dress at walmart, but no luck!!! I also thought of using a pink tank top a size bigger so it would be long and maybe adding a longish ruffle on the bottom? Also - what to do for the belt thingy!!

th_untitled.jpg

Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!!:thumbsup2
Quick hi cuz have to get the kids off to school -- I would do an Aline and belt it.

I finished Rosetta bag #3 today. I used Dorrine's directions for how to add the zipper. I am pretty happy with how the zipper turned out. I think next time I need to make it slightly shorter than I did this time. I have one more bag to make!
th_PA240377.jpg

th_PA240378.jpg

th_PA240379.jpg

I made it to go with the Patricia tunic I sewed last summer.
th_P7310025.jpg

This set is for my mother in law. I thought that I messed up the bag trying to put in the zipper, then I could just give her the tunic and she'd never know. Both of my kids said they preferred their bags since they have the magnetic snap.
Awesome!!! A zipper is on my to do list. Must try one. I'll like get to it in my next life if all goes well!

Sorry I am no help with the Etsy names. I have a shop with nothing in it :lmao: but my name is CreationsbyMI (real original :rotfl:) but it was so hard coming up with something.
I was just going to do VBAndrea Creations since I already have VBAndrea as my user name on etsy as well as here -- I guess my etsy name would still just be VBAndrea but would make my business cards etc with the full thing. May change it now as a had a more creative one in mind -- providing i can change it without already having a shop open.

Ok, now for something to share:

th_WorldShowcaseSkirt.jpg

Some of you would have seen this already. It's my second rendition of the World Showcase Insa for Barbara's auction. In the third picture, you can get a glimpse of my sewing room (and my very pink sewing machine!)
Great skirt! I'm sure it will do well.

I think you could get it done in a few hours. Especially if you are not appliqueing/embroidering it. Good Luck!

I love everything that has been posted lately. Way TMTQ for me, I have been trying to follow along for the past 2 weeks but haven't posted much at all. I am working on some BG stuff today and hope to get some pics posted while I do that, we went to MNSSHP and F&W over the weekend. ;)
Just wanting to say hi as I've been wondering what you've been up to lately!

I stitched out the design for the bag tonight. It was pretty easy. I made one very small mistake but I was able to fix it before I went on to the next step. This is for a bat mitzvah gift. I am going to put a gift card inside along with the bag. I added a double strap so that she can use it as a little purse.
th_PA250381.jpg

th_PA250382.jpg

My DD12 has been invited to another bat mitzvah next month. I think I am going to make another little bag like this to give along with a gift card. I think they make nice presents. I have had this design for a while now but this is the first time I stitched it out. I saw Pickle Pie at the Sewing Expo and talked to one of the ladies there. She showed me the completed bag which inspired me to try one out. Of course now both of my girls want me to make them little purses too.
Cute!!! I really like it!

Who's up for an all night sew? :confused3 Ugh! I am so tired! We leave Thursday and I still have 6 tshirts to embroider. Want to get them done tonight so I can get everything packed tomorrow and I can just relax Thursday before we leave.
I am, but mine will be Halloween costumes! I actually wanted to stay up last night, but was getting tired and knew I'd be in for many mistakes if I continued.

v

Here are pictures of a recent project for a Big Give:
Front:
th_OwensGiveFront.jpg

Back:
th_OwensGiveBack.jpg

(I really like how the "patches" worked on the shorts! It was one of those random ideas I had one day and I decided to try it out.)
And I decided to model the skirt (with yoga pants under it as it would be a little short for me!) :lmao: It looks much better on the recipient as her hips are narrower than mine.
th_OwensGiveSkirtFront.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Well you know I love it since I'm very fond of embellished patchworks! I adore the shorts patches -- I will case that for future designs!!!

I STILL get a weird feeling just watching that needle go back and forth! My 11 year old tells me I am an embroidery geek...I love to sit and watch it do its thing...I know strange!

As a long time hand embroiderer (with needle and floss) I am amazed that a machine can do it faster and better than I ever could!

Oh... and that confession was just between us ... right?

Nini

Totally between us! :thumbsup2

I think you could get it done in a few hours. Especially if you are not appliqueing/embroidering it. Good Luck!

I love everything that has been posted lately. Way TMTQ for me, I have been trying to follow along for the past 2 weeks but haven't posted much at all. I am working on some BG stuff today and hope to get some pics posted while I do that, we went to MNSSHP and F&W over the weekend. ;)

How was MNSSHP and F&W??? I hope you had a great time!

Since you have a series of Anastasias in your family, what about
Always Anastasia's ???

I love this!!! Great idea!

I wish I had a name for Chiara and Diane - but I am horrible with names! :eek:

finished the literary character outfit.

I need to make DS a halloween costume since I found out today they are having a party.

What do you think of this? Red sweatshirt with the incredibles logo and then red sweatpants and black sneakers. With all his sensory issues a regular costume will not work.

DH thinks it is a great idea

I think the Incredibles idea is fantastic!

I am no help with creative names, but I have done the Pickle Pie In the Hoop zippered bags and I like them. They are pretty easy to make and come out very nice.

You can also add straps for either a wristlet or waist/fanny pack.

Here are some pictures of ones I have made:
67358842_photobucket_12324_.jpg

th_101_4603.jpg

Would love to see pictures of your DD's outfit. I think the incredibles idea sounds perfect!

These are really neat, and I love the fabrics you chose.

I stitched out the design for the bag tonight. It was pretty easy. I made one very small mistake but I was able to fix it before I went on to the next step. This is for a bat mitzvah gift. I am going to put a gift card inside along with the bag. I added a double strap so that she can use it as a little purse.
th_PA250381.jpg

th_PA250382.jpg

My DD12 has been invited to another bat mitzvah next month. I think I am going to make another little bag like this to give along with a gift card. I think they make nice presents. I have had this design for a while now but this is the first time I stitched it out. I saw Pickle Pie at the Sewing Expo and talked to one of the ladies there. She showed me the completed bag which inspired me to try one out. Of course now both of my girls want me to make them little purses too.

I really like the fabrics of these, as well. :lovestruc

Who's up for an all night sew? :confused3 Ugh! I am so tired! We leave Thursday and I still have 6 tshirts to embroider. Want to get them done tonight so I can get everything packed tomorrow and I can just relax Thursday before we leave.

Sorry I missed the all night sew... How'd you do? :worship:

Hi Everyone -

Special prayer request - our little Big Give guy Owen is very jaundiced and they dont know why - he has been feeling terrible, but a bit better today....tests and possibly surgery! They arent sure yet - mom just updated their PTR - please say hi and send a prayer their way if you can!!!! This is scarey!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43058667&posted=1#post43058667

Sending prayers Owen's way.

Front:
th_OwensGiveFront.jpg

Back:
th_OwensGiveBack.jpg

(I really like how the "patches" worked on the shorts! It was one of those random ideas I had one day and I decided to try it out.)
And I decided to model the skirt (with yoga pants under it as it would be a little short for me!) :lmao: It looks much better on the recipient as her hips are narrower than mine.
th_OwensGiveSkirtFront.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I love how these turned out!

I've been busy sewing, as usual... For those of you that aren't following my PTR, here's what I've been up to recently... I can't remember what I've posted so far. :confused3

Winnie the Pooh series...

*************************Pooh*********************** ******************Tigger********************
aIMG_2055.jpg
aIMG_2057.jpg

*************************Eeyore*************************
aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

Red:
aIMG_2066.jpg

Green:
aIMG_2059.jpg

Pink:
aIMG_2064.jpg

I've been busy sewing, as usual... For those of you that aren't following my PTR, here's what I've been up to recently... I can't remember what I've posted so far. :confused3

*************************Pooh*********************** ******************Tigger********************
aIMG_2055.jpg
aIMG_2057.jpg

aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

Red:
aIMG_2066.jpg

Green:
aIMG_2059.jpg

Pink:
aIMG_2064.jpg

everything is fabulous, but I LOVE Eeyore!!

I am no help with creative names, but I have done the Pickle Pie In the Hoop zippered bags and I like them. They are pretty easy to make and come out very nice.

101_4603.jpg

Would love to see pictures of your DD's outfit. I think the incredibles idea sounds perfect!
Oh Ellen!! These are SO cute!! I have been doing some simple ith things on felt. The zipper kinda scares me here.
PA250381.jpg

PA250382.jpg

That came out super cute Diane!
You can do it Kim!!! ;)
Thanks.

Front:
OwensGiveFront.jpg

Back:
OwensGiveBack.jpg

OwensGiveSkirtFront.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Those are SO cute!!!:cutie:

aIMG_2055.jpg
aIMG_2057.jpg

aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

Red:
aIMG_2066.jpg

Green:
aIMG_2059.jpg

Pink:
aIMG_2064.jpg

Dorine!!! These are gorgeous!!!!!! Wish Isabelle liked to play with dolls. :(

Just wanting to say hi as I've been wondering what you've been up to lately!
:lovestruc Aww...Thanks for thinking of me. Hubby was back for 2 weeks...that was my main reason for not posting. But I did do a little sewing before he got back. I'll have pics to post today hopefully. lol

aIMG_2055.jpg
aIMG_2057.jpg

aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

Red:
aIMG_2066.jpg

Green:
aIMG_2059.jpg

Pink:
aIMG_2064.jpg
MNSSHP was AWESOME!!! It was our first time. (The kids always opted for the Christmas party in the past) It was a little crowded and we didn't get everything done. We actually didn't get into MK until 6:30 because we were waiting on luggage in our room. (DH unloaded the car while I checked in and he gave the costume bag to the bellhop. We waited an hour for them to deliver our bags and waited another 35 minutes on the bus to arrive :sad2:) But I will say IMO, the fireworks are the best I've ever seen at Disney and the parade was fantastic, too. The kids all had a fabulous time! F&W was wonderful of course. I was full by the time we hit our 3rd stop! ;)

D~ SERIOUSLY! These 2 series are TDF! They are amazing! I can't even begin to favor any of them... :worship:

Trying my best to get in a Disney planning mood for our trip coming up next year (Sept/Oct) but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get into it.

Today I started playing around with the dates (hoping for Free Dining in early Dec.) and suddenly found myself getting really excited!

I'm thinking we need to start crossing our fingers for Free Dining during that time frame! LOL

Nini

101_4603.jpg

LOVE THESE! Where did you get your pattern? I looked on the website and it was $18? Can I find it cheaper elsewhere???

LOVE THESE! Where did you get your pattern? I looked on the website and it was $18? Can I find it cheaper elsewhere???

I got it from Pickle Pie. I think I've seen their stuff on SWAK also but I don't know if it was cheaper. They did have a discount if you bought it at the Sewing Expo but I already had it. If you like their page on Facebook, sometimes they have discounts our coupons.

D... How did I miss your Eyore one. That is too cute.

Your welcome! I'm getting an embroidery machine in a few days! I can't wait! I have a feeling I will be sitting there for a long time just watching in amazement ;).

Congrats on getting your new machine.

I'm even worse! I can never come up with a name for my pets. My cat is called Boo becuase he's all black and has copper eyes. Very Halloween. I wanted to send in for his papers, but thought he needed more then just Boo. Well, 12 years later, I'm still sitting on those papers. BTW, he is a true scaredy cat, so it ended up being fitting. My other cat, now passed, was Mocha. Becuase he was tan, mocha chocolate, mocha coffee. You get the idea. I'm clueless to thinking of a name.

:lmao: I had a black cat and named him Blackie:rotfl:

th_67358842_photobucket_12324_.jpg

th_101_4603.jpg

Those are terrific

th_PA250381.jpg

th_PA250382.jpg

That came out great too!

Front:
OwensGiveFront.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That skirt came out amazing. You and Andrea do amazing work on those Patchwork skirts.:goodvibes

I think I got it when there was a sale, and paid $10. It came with 3 different sizes. I would keep an eye on it and wait for a sale.

Prayers for Owen!!

What about Anastasia's Treasures???

Since you have a series of Anastasias in your family, what about
Always Anastasia's ???

Thank you ladies, I like them both but I went with Anastasia's Treasures. Of course there is nothing in my store, hoping to start filling by mid to late November!

aIMG_2055.jpg
aIMG_2057.jpg

aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

Red:
aIMG_2066.jpg

Green:
aIMG_2059.jpg

Pink:
aIMG_2064.jpg

Man you are Creative! I really like the green Christmas dress!

DH and I are taking off for a 4 day weekend for the F&W festival! Looking forward to a few days of R&R with my BFF!

MNSSHP was AWESOME!!! It was our first time. (The kids always opted for the Christmas party in the past) It was a little crowded and we didn't get everything done. We actually didn't get into MK until 6:30 because we were waiting on luggage in our room. (DH unloaded the car while I checked in and he gave the costume bag to the bellhop. We waited an hour for them to deliver our bags and waited another 35 minutes on the bus to arrive :sad2:) But I will say IMO, the fireworks are the best I've ever seen at Disney and the parade was fantastic, too. The kids all had a fabulous time! F&W was wonderful of course. I was full by the time we hit our 3rd stop! ;)

D~ SERIOUSLY! These 2 series are TDF! They are amazing! I can't even begin to favor any of them... :worship:

Thank you. :) I am glad you liked MNSSHP - it was/is my favorite thing at WDW, so I think that everyone should love it. :thumbsup2 Bummer about getting there late though. And rofl about being full at the the 3rd stop. Thanks for telling us about your trip. :lovestruc

Trying my best to get in a Disney planning mood for our trip coming up next year (Sept/Oct) but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get into it.

Today I started playing around with the dates (hoping for Free Dining in early Dec.) and suddenly found myself getting really excited!

I'm thinking we need to start crossing our fingers for Free Dining during that time frame! LOL

Nini

I have my fingers crossed for you... I am just excited that you have another trip to plan. :thumbsup2

Thank you ladies, I like them both but I went with Anastasia's Treasures. Of course there is nothing in my store, hoping to start filling by mid to late November!

Man you are Creative! I really like the green Christmas dress!

DH and I are taking off for a 4 day weekend for the F&W festival! Looking forward to a few days of R&R with my BFF!

Thank you. :) Let us know when you start to fill your store, so we can check it out. :thumbsup2 I hope you have a blast at WDW this weekend. :lovestruc

D~

Oh Ellen!! These are SO cute!! I have been doing some simple ith things on felt. The zipper kinda scares me here.
(

You don't have to be scared :scared1: of the zipper in these. The instructions tell you exactly what to do, you just tape down the zipper over a line of stitching and then the machine does the rest, it really is easy and quick!

Another question!!
I know I asked before but what embroidery machine do you recommend? I can't afford the $800 ones but I don't want to get one that I will regret because of hoop size or breaking. I am mainly thinking of making things for my daughter but I am not sure as she gets older if I will want/need a 5x7 hoop. Know that I have NEVER touched an embroidery machine and I really want it for monogramming and applique. So please tell me again what you would suggest.

Another question!!
I know I asked before but what embroidery machine do you recommend? I can't afford the $800 ones but I don't want to get one that I will regret because of hoop size or breaking. I am mainly thinking of making things for my daughter but I am not sure as she gets older if I will want/need a 5x7 hoop. Know that I have NEVER touched an embroidery machine and I really want it for monogramming and applique. So please tell me again what you would suggest.

There are probably as many embroidery machine opinions as there are and embroiderers... but I have the Brother PE 770 and love it. I got mine from HSN when they were having a sale and free shipping. I got it on a 4 payment plan (or maybe it was 5...it was 2 years ago) so I got to spread the payments out. Plus I got a 20% off coupon for first time orders.

I use the 5x7 on just about everything. I only use the 4x4 hoop (which I bought separately) only on pocket side shirts for hubby and when I make onesies.

The PE770 is VERY user friendly and easy peasy to use. I would recommend it to anyone starting out. I put almost 4 million stitches in less than a year and a half on mine. I have closer to 5 million now.

For a while I was considering getting a big 6 needle machine, but the 4000 price tag for a 5 year old machine put my poor old heart in a tizzy and decided I can make 'do' with my single needle machine! LOL!

One word of caution...it is addicting!

Nini

Also- I had to use my 6x10 hoop for the little purse. I think they have some designs for some very small coin purses that would work on a 4x4.

Thanks. I went to their website and looked at their designs last night. I think I have a even bigger case of hoop envy now!

OMG on the blue hair! I hope his forehead didn't stay blue! I had a purple ear once from a mishap with regular haircolor that had a reddish tint.

Well you know I love it since I'm very fond of embellished patchworks! I adore the shorts patches -- I will case that for future designs!!!

Lol on the purple ear. Just to clarify, it is not the reason why I chose my screen name/handle. Purple is one of the school colours for my university and it is also part of my DH's screen name (not on Dis though, he doesn't post here). In some ways we are "Mr. and Mrs. Purple". We just have our own varient on the second half of the name.

Well, you know, you were the one who inspired me to do the patchwork twirls! Given the limitations of a 4x4 hoop, the patchworks work perfectly because the embroidery would take up most of the block, so they don't look too small or out of place. I think the shorts patches were inspired by the summer Disboutique Project Runway. It may have been Ellen's decoupage pants that inspired me.

th_aIMG_2055.jpg
th_aIMG_2057.jpg
th_aIMG_2070.jpg

2011 Holiday series...

th_aIMG_2066.jpg
th_aIMG_2059.jpg
th_aIMG_2064.jpg

Oh my! They all look great. I have a hard time picking out one that I like the most. I guess I would have liked to see a Piglet in the Winnie the Pooh series.

Good luck with your shop! Have fun at F&W!

Another question!!

I think the Brother 5x7 machine (770?) is the one recommended around here these days. I have a Brother 270D from about 5 years ago. I have put massive amounts of stitches on that thing and it hasn't complained yet. I paid just under $300 for a brand new machine on Amazon. I do find myself having hoop envy from time to time since the max mine can do is 4x4. I do a variety of child sized and adult sized clothing so I try to make do with what I have. Like I said earlier in this post, I try to get away with a smaller hoop by doing patchwork type clothing. Mind you, I am not sure if I would really use a larger hoop for adult sized clothing anyway since I try to achieve a balance between "Disney-ish" and something I can still wear to work. My office is business casual so I can wear embellished blouses, skirts, or dresses.

Oh I think I mentioned this earlier as well - my embroidery hoop is broken (the only problem I've had in 5 years). I just tape the hoop and keep on using it. My work did not seem to suffer as a result of the broken hoop.

You don't have to be scared :scared1: of the zipper in these. The instructions tell you exactly what to do, you just tape down the zipper over a line of stitching and then the machine does the rest, it really is easy and quick!
I agree that the zipper in this was sooooooo easy! You just tape it in place and the machine stitches it into place.

Another question!!
I definitely would not skimp and not get the 5x7 hoop. I started with only a 4x4 hoop and quickly realized that I needed something larger.

Thanks. I went to their website and looked at their designs last night. I think I have a even bigger case of hoop envy now!

I think the Brother 5x7 machine (770?) is the one recommended around here these days. I have a Brother 270D from about 5 years ago. I have put massive amounts of stitches on that thing and it hasn't complained yet. I paid just under $300 for a brand new machine on Amazon. I do find myself having hoop envy from time to time since the max mine can do is 4x4. I do a variety of child sized and adult sized clothing so I try to make do with what I have. Like I said earlier in this post, I try to get away with a smaller hoop by doing patchwork type clothing. Mind you, I am not sure if I would really use a larger hoop for adult sized clothing anyway since I try to achieve a balance between "Disney-ish" and something I can still wear to work. My office is business casual so I can wear embellished blouses, skirts, or dresses.

I started with the same machine. The Brother SE270D. I almost immediately wanted a larger hoop. I ended up buying an Babylock Ellageo 3 secondhand. It is fantastic and I LOVE it! Every once in a while I start thinking about a newer or fancier machine but my Ellageo is reliable and hardly ever gives me problems. I had really wanted something with the 6x10 hoop. I don't use it very often but when I do use it, I am very happy that I decided to buy a machine with a hoop that large. The funny thing is that I NEVER sew with the Ellageo. I only use it for embroidery/applique. I still have the Brother, which I now only use for sewing. I do need to buy a new shank (I think that is what the part is called). I must have hit something and bent it a little bit. It is the tiniest bit skewed to one side now. It makes it so much harder to stitch straight and evenly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter