Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I like the name WellingtonPuddleDuck:)
Love the Little House dresses. Made one for my daughter when she was a little girl and it had so many pleats/gathers on the top. I was thinking "What did I get myself into!" but it was really cute.
Sheila

Ugh who would of though that the name I want to use Chiara's Creations is being used.

Anyone want to help me come up with a name too.

ThimbleAndBobbin or ThymbleAndBobbyn. Were you able to use spaces and punctuation, because I couldn't.

Lori in East Podunk

I didn't actually use a recipe. I had a lot of cookie dough that I had bought for a school fundraiser (you know where the sell the tubs of frozen cookie dough) so I used that. The recipe was just a sugar cookie recipe so I am sure that any good sugar cookie recipe would bake up great and then you could decorate them.

You'd think I could have figured that out myself! :laughing: How did you get the marshmallow head to look melty?

Lori in East Podunk
Put on the white frosting when the cookie is hot to get it to be runny. Then I microwaved the marshmallows on a plate for a few seconds to get them soft/melty looking. Put the slightly melted marshmallow onto the warm frosting and everything sticks together great. Then I added the buttons. I waited for everything to cool before adding the other decorations.

Ugh who would of though that the name I want to use Chiara's Creations is being used.

Anyone want to help me come up with a name too.
Too bad that your first choice is already being used. How about Chiara's Creative Creations?

I thought about taking this chance to change my shop name. But I've already had repeat buyers. I wouldn't want to lose them because they can't find my store anymore. I wonder how you prevent that from happening?

I know we have discussed this before and I made a few notes, but not enough. Hubby has agreed to get me digitizing software for my birthday so I was wondering (for those of you that have it)...which one do you prefer?? I have a Brother machine but not sure that makes a difference.

I don't have any advice for you but I can't wait to see what everybody else says. I have really been wanting to buy some software also but I am stumped as to where to begin and what to buy. I thought that maybe I would see some of it at the Sewing Expo last month but I didn't see anybody there with software.

I know we have discussed this before and I made a few notes, but not enough. Hubby has agreed to get me digitizing software for my birthday so I was wondering (for those of you that have it)...which one do you prefer?? I have a Brother machine but not sure that makes a difference.

I have really missed all of you. Been very busy with work, sewing orders, and family functions the past few weeks. I have been reading through but not caught up in the least. Love all of the things that have been posted.

I love the Embird software. You can just buy the part you need. It is great for adding names to designs, merging two designs together, and a bunch of other stuff.

There is a free trial version that you can use for thirty days to get the hang of it, and a few tutorials online that help me to make it do what I want. I am hoping my birthday will see the gift card from hubby with the money to get it. Since it has different 'parts' to it, you can buy just what you need or want. The basic package is 144, with the other parts running about the same amount. With the basic package you can't digitize your own designs, but for me it does what I need it to. If I ever want to start digitizing things I can get into it for less than 150. Font editor will let you use TTF. I personally prefer to purchase my fonts from 8 claws and a paw.

SEU also has a free version. I was never able to make that software do anything!

Goof luck...can't wait to see what you create...

Nini

I finished Rosetta bag #3 today. I used Dorrine's directions for how to add the zipper. I am pretty happy with how the zipper turned out. I think next time I need to make it slightly shorter than I did this time. I have one more bag to make!
PA240377.jpg

PA240378.jpg

PA240379.jpg

I made it to go with the Patricia tunic I sewed last summer.
P7310025.jpg

This set is for my mother in law. I thought that I messed up the bag trying to put in the zipper, then I could just give her the tunic and she'd never know. Both of my kids said they preferred their bags since they have the magnetic snap.

Sorry I am no help with the Etsy names. I have a shop with nothing in it :lmao: but my name is CreationsbyMI (real original :rotfl:) but it was so hard coming up with something.

Y'all I have lost my mind! We tried using the spray in stuff to color Finn's hair blue for his Gil the Bubble Guppie Halloween costume. He went with spray in blue hair to the Halloween party we attended last night. But, by the end of the party (which was only 3 hours long) his hair was silver and he was leaving a cloud of blue dust in his wake. For whatever reason, that spray in stuff does NOT stick to his hair. Without the blue hair he just looks like a half nekked Ariel that lost her hair . . .
So, back to Sally's we went today . . .and consulted with our two new friends (we met them the other day when we went in for the "good" color hair spray) and bought a bottle of semi-permanent blue hair dye. :scared1: not only does that smilie guy show what my brain was doing as I was making the purchase, he also is a good representation of the color my child's hair is now.

It will wash out (and after only a few washes with a clarifying shampoo) but it's still the real deal BLUE HAIR.

What will I do when they're teenagers and want to dye their hair? I've already allowed him to do it at age THREE. :rotfl2:

Here's a pic of Finn while the color was processing . . . it's not QUITE this "bright" now that we've rinsed and dried. . .
314435_10150368623789525_760474524_8060473_446497194_n.jpg

:lmao: Love the blue hair!

I have really missed all of you. Been very busy with work, sewing orders, and family functions the past few weeks. I have been reading through but not caught up in the least. Love all of the things that have been posted.

I'll be curious on the answer too and how sweet that hubby is getting you that.:goodvibes

I had issues this morning with my embroidery hoop. In the middle of the second apron....(a 28 step applique :sad2:) my hoop clamp screws came loose and I could not attach my hoop back to the machine....without unhooping it in order to reach the part of the screws where the screwdriver tightens them. Well I've never attempted to rehoop a partially done item but I put my grid back over the disign and marked the center top and bottom, then unhooped fixed the clamp, rehooped using my markings....and it worked! :banana::banana::banana: I didn't think there was any way I could do that but I had already ironed on my heat & bond so what else is a girl to do? stitching I can remove but not H&BL. anyway lesson learned....always check you hoop clamp screws before you start!

:rolleyes1 Done that several times. You would think that after the first time I would have learned.

I finished Rosetta bag #3 today. I used Dorrine's directions for how to add the zipper. I am pretty happy with how the zipper turned out. I think next time I need to make it slightly shorter than I did this time. I have one more bag to make!
th_PA240377.jpg
th_PA240378.jpg

th_PA240379.jpg

th_P7310025.jpg

This set is for my mother in law. I thought that I messed up the bag trying to put in the zipper, then I could just give her the tunic and she'd never know. Both of my kids said they preferred their bags since they have the magnetic snap.

So pretty!:goodvibes

I thought about taking this chance to change my shop name. But I've already had repeat buyers. I wouldn't want to lose them because they can't find my store anymore. I wonder how you prevent that from happening?

They have it set up so that people will find the new name when they type in the old one. I don't remember how they worded it anymore, but it's set up so that your customers will be able to find you.

Lori in East Podunk

Put on the white frosting when the cookie is hot to get it to be runny. Then I microwaved the marshmallows on a plate for a few seconds to get them soft/melty looking. Put the slightly melted marshmallow onto the warm frosting and everything sticks together great. Then I added the buttons. I waited for everything to cool before adding the other decorations.

Thanks! I'm assuming you did this a few at a time so that everything was warm enough, correct?

Lori in East Podunk

Ok, I made a Raglan today, for Disney, but I wanted to finish it for some pictures I had taken today. This is the first time I have tried the hooded option. I tacked it on, but I plan to redo it, b/c the shirt hem was tons longer than the hood hem. A pleated it in a couple of spots. Any advice for when I redo the hood? Carla Hegeman Crim????

I had a moment of inspiration in my Etsy name quest. What do you think of WellingtonPuddleduck?

That's a cute name!!

I liked the trial version of the Brother PE-Design, but that costs $$! For now I just use SEU for simple things and buy the beautiful designs from Heather.

th_PA240377.jpg
th_PA240378.jpg
th_PA240379.jpg

th_P7310025.jpg

Beautiful! I like the colour used for the bag. I am too scared to have magnetic snaps since my mom's purse snap destroyed her credit cards! (This was before I was old enough to carry "real money", and none of her credit cards worked when we were at the store one time. We figured it was probably her magnetic purse snap that caused the problems, thankfully she had a cheque on her - back when stores actually took cheques) Let's just say my mom and I never had a purse with any magnetic snaps since that day. Maybe credit cards are just better these days to withstand those snaps since I haven't heard of anyone else having similar problems.

Ok, now for something to share:

WorldShowcaseSkirt.jpg

Some of you would have seen this already. It's my second rendition of the World Showcase Insa for Barbara's auction. In the third picture, you can get a glimpse of my sewing room (and my very pink sewing machine!)

Ok, I made a Raglan today, for Disney, but I wanted to finish it for some pictures I had taken today. This is the first time I have tried the hooded option. I tacked it on, but I plan to redo it, b/c the shirt hem was tons longer than the hood hem. A pleated it in a couple of spots. Any advice for when I redo the hood? Carla Hegeman Crim????

did you make the hood so that the stretchy direction could be stretched to match the shirt neck size? Or do i have that backward? I have made the hooded version and I think it worked out ok. Also, there were different cutting lines on the hood depending on whether you were hemming or lining I think? Anyway did you double check that you cut on the right lines for your version? It has been quite a while since I made one so not sure I am remembering it right but that is all I can think of right now.

th_PA240377.jpg

th_PA240378.jpg

th_PA240379.jpg

th_P7310025.jpg

I love the shirt and bag.

That's a cute name!!

th_WorldShowcaseSkirt.jpg

Some of you would have seen this already. It's my second rendition of the World Showcase Insa for Barbara's auction. In the third picture, you can get a glimpse of my sewing room (and my very pink sewing machine!)

I am in love with this skirt.

I am home from carving pumpkins with the family. it is a tradition we do every year. My brother brings his kids too. Makes me happy I am going away for Christmas.

Question!!

I am researching and researching embroidery- mainly for my own daughter's things. Holiday outfits and things like that. But I don't understand HOW you do it with a machine. Call me clueless and it is probably a lot easier when you have seen a machine in person, but I never have. I am wanting to do things like this...

embroider.jpg

But I am not understanding HOW the word Patch was done. I get the idea that you generally choose the image and dimensions etc and the machine does what it needs to do. But if you are embroidering fabric, how do you make sure it is the right size and lined up just right.

Does this question even make sense? Basically, how do I do things like the above picture lol

Question!!

I am researching and researching embroidery- mainly for my own daughter's things. Holiday outfits and things like that. But I don't understand HOW you do it with a machine. Call me clueless and it is probably a lot easier when you have seen a machine in person, but I never have. I am wanting to do things like this...

embroider.jpg

But I am not understanding HOW the word Patch was done. I get the idea that you generally choose the image and dimensions etc and the machine does what it needs to do. But if you are embroidering fabric, how do you make sure it is the right size and lined up just right.

Does this question even make sense? Basically, how do I do things like the above picture lol

This will explain it! If you don't want to watch them machine applique fast forward to 7:00 minutes.

Hope this helps!
http://youtu.be/whwsYFWnhwA

Thank you so much!!! I am not kidding when I say I have been looking for something like that for a good week now! I guess I wasn't searching for the right things. I forgot the key word "applique" lol my brain is just shot these days

Your welcome! I'm getting an embroidery machine in a few days! I can't wait! I have a feeling I will be sitting there for a long time just watching in amazement ;).

WorldShowcaseSkirt.jpg

The skirt looks terrific! It must have taken a long time to do all the appliques. It will do great in the auction!

Your welcome! I'm getting an embroidery machine in a few days! I can't wait! I have a feeling I will be sitting there for a long time just watching in amazement ;).
You are going to love it when you get it! I found the information and videos on this page very helpful:
http://www.emblibrary.com/el/elprojects/holder.aspx?page=techniques

I STILL get a weird feeling just watching that needle go back and forth! My 11 year old tells me I am an embroidery geek...I love to sit and watch it do its thing...I know strange!

As a long time hand embroiderer (with needle and floss) I am amazed that a machine can do it faster and better than I ever could!

Oh... and that confession was just between us ... right?

Nini

did you make the hood so that the stretchy direction could be stretched to match the shirt neck size? Or do i have that backward? I have made the hooded version and I think it worked out ok. Also, there were different cutting lines on the hood depending on whether you were hemming or lining I think? Anyway did you double check that you cut on the right lines for your version? It has been quite a while since I made one so not sure I am remembering it right but that is all I can think of right now.

Thanks Ellen. I followed the direction indicated on the pattern. Thinking I might need to cut a whole new one out and start again.... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter