• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I'm trying to get some ideas for Christmas Gifts for teachers, therapists and doctors that we see on a weekly basis. This has been a struggle for me for the past few years. I don't want to repeat myself, but each year the expectations get bigger and bigger.

I found some glass ornaments from a couple years ago. I was going to use them for place card holders at my Christmas table, but we ended up doing Christmas at my DIL's house and we did something different. They are clear glass, I put a few drops of paint in each one (different Christmasy colors) and swirled them around, then drained the excess paint.

They have a sort of marbled appearance. If I took these, and wrote either the Teacher's name or year on it in Gold leaf pen...would that work for a teacher's gift?

Part of me thinks it is fine, but another part thinks it is a bit cheap and uninspired. I've never reused something for a gift before...

In past years I have made goodies (included homemade hot cocoa mix and homemade marshmallows) in a fabric basket, hand embroidered and appliqued wall hangings, machine embroidered guest towels, Matching key fobs and purses, and a few other that I can't remember.

They all start out simple and end up taking about three times as much actual time to complete. I'm looking for something simple and easy...and quick!

Any ideas? Doe these ornaments sound too cheap?

Nini

PS...Since DD is now in middle school her teachers do not have the same high expectation as her previous elementary teachers...

I think your ornament idea sounds great. I don't see it as "cheap." If someone has issues with that, they would also have issues with me "regifting" in Big Gives using fabric that was given to me as presents.

The last couple of years of elementary school for teachers, scout leaders, therapists, etc I did a tin full of peppermint bark. Very easy to make and tastes great. Plus it looks expensive even though it isn't. Last year for middle school teachers we did "melted snowman" cookies for each teacher. They were large cookies so each teacher got one in a pretty cello bag tied with a ribbon. They were very well received.

th_WinterBreak2010149.jpg

We've also done insulated coffee cup cozies that I sewed and a small Starbucks gift cards.

Ok, I may need to CASE your "melted snowman" idea for our church's Christmas Bazzar!

everything posted this week is beautiful....especially love the pink christmas idea!

all 3 together...Kens & Gace saw thiers on FB a minute ago and are cheering and saying they love them they are perfect! Chloe loved her's too!
293314_10150339434911586_555471585_8400644_1262897696_n.jpg

Great job on those dresses!

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping to get some suggestions from all of you creative folks. Etsy is offering a one time opportunity to change the name of your shop. The one I have, FancifulFinery, was made up on the fly because everything else I wanted was taken already. I'm not crazy about it because it's pretty feminine and I want to do things for boys too. I also want to include other craft and gift items. My new name idea was WellingtonSplashpuddle, but it's two letters too long. I'm pretty sure I want to keep the Wellington part. It goes so well with "puddle" since wellingtons are rain boots, but I'm open to ideas! I tried leaving out one "L" and one "D" but that just makes it look like I can't spell. :confused:

Anyhow, I figured y'all were the perfect group to ask. I'd appreciate hearing whatever you can come up with!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk
when i see the word PUDDLE i think of 'PUDDLE JUMPERS" ...it had crossed my mind last year for tags for the things i sew the g'babies...but i have since decided i wanna make soem iron-in tags with a horse on it that says "GaLlOpIn' HoRsE!" cause when my kids were small and i would be worried about messy hair or dirty clothes/faces my grandmother " Mama Nic" would say " it won't be noticed on a gallopin' horse1'

OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I think the veg cans seal the deal! Those are AWESOME treat buckets to go with the two sets of costumes!!!! Please post a pic of the kids all dressed up!!!!

Yay! And lucky you that soccer will be over! Phalen has a make-up game that weekend (and DH will get to see since he'll have to take him) and playoffs the following weekend . . . I am ready for the season to be OVER!

Y'all I have lost my mind! We tried using the spray in stuff to color Finn's hair blue for his Gil the Bubble Guppie Halloween costume. He went with spray in blue hair to the Halloween party we attended last night. But, by the end of the party (which was only 3 hours long) his hair was silver and he was leaving a cloud of blue dust in his wake. For whatever reason, that spray in stuff does NOT stick to his hair. Without the blue hair he just looks like a half nekked Ariel that lost her hair . . .
So, back to Sally's we went today . . .and consulted with our two new friends (we met them the other day when we went in for the "good" color hair spray) and bought a bottle of semi-permanent blue hair dye. :scared1: not only does that smilie guy show what my brain was doing as I was making the purchase, he also is a good representation of the color my child's hair is now.

It will wash out (and after only a few washes with a clarifying shampoo) but it's still the real deal BLUE HAIR.

What will I do when they're teenagers and want to dye their hair? I've already allowed him to do it at age THREE. :rotfl2:

Here's a pic of Finn while the color was processing . . . it's not QUITE this "bright" now that we've rinsed and dried. . .
314435_10150368623789525_760474524_8060473_446497194_n.jpg
LOVE IT! my dd Brendi talked mein to bleaching her hair white then coloring it blue the night before the 1st day of 9th grade! she went to open house with brown hair and showed up the next day with bright blue like your lil guys! she was in the marching band and had to tuck all that hair { 1/2 way down her back} into her hat before each game...wish i'd of gotten a picture!

The last couple of years of elementary school for teachers, scout leaders, therapists, etc I did a tin full of peppermint bark. Very easy to make and tastes great. Plus it looks expensive even though it isn't. Last year for middle school teachers we did "melted snowman" cookies for each teacher. They were large cookies so each teacher got one in a pretty cello bag tied with a ribbon. They were very well received.

WinterBreak2010149.jpg

We've also done insulated coffee cup cozies that I sewed and a small Starbucks gift cards.

Those cookies are so cute! Do you have the recipe and for them? I was going to make those felt cone ornaments that you fill with candy for my co-workers, but the snowmen are so adorable I might just change my mind on that!

Lori in East Podunk

This is definately the most customs I have EVER planned for a trip. We are just under 6 weeks! Now I see why you girls (and Tom) get so worked up!! lol!! And I haven't even figured out what I can do with Lisa's new Grace pattern!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping to get some suggestions from all of you creative folks. Etsy is offering a one time opportunity to change the name of your shop. The one I have, FancifulFinery, was made up on the fly because everything else I wanted was taken already. I'm not crazy about it because it's pretty feminine and I want to do things for boys too. I also want to include other craft and gift items. My new name idea was WellingtonSplashpuddle, but it's two letters too long. I'm pretty sure I want to keep the Wellington part. It goes so well with "puddle" since wellingtons are rain boots, but I'm open to ideas! I tried leaving out one "L" and one "D" but that just makes it look like I can't spell. :confused:

Anyhow, I figured y'all were the perfect group to ask. I'd appreciate hearing whatever you can come up with!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk

I'm no help as I'm having a hard time coming up with a name for my shop but can I ask where you saw that we can change our username? I have an Etsy account but at this point I have only ever purchased, I am thinking about selling and would rather change my username to reflect my store. I checked the website and didn't see anything there.

Y'all I have lost my mind! We tried using the spray in stuff to color Finn's hair blue for his Gil the Bubble Guppie Halloween costume. He went with spray in blue hair to the Halloween party we attended last night. But, by the end of the party (which was only 3 hours long) his hair was silver and he was leaving a cloud of blue dust in his wake. For whatever reason, that spray in stuff does NOT stick to his hair. Without the blue hair he just looks like a half nekked Ariel that lost her hair . . .
So, back to Sally's we went today . . .and consulted with our two new friends (we met them the other day when we went in for the "good" color hair spray) and bought a bottle of semi-permanent blue hair dye. :scared1: not only does that smilie guy show what my brain was doing as I was making the purchase, he also is a good representation of the color my child's hair is now.

It will wash out (and after only a few washes with a clarifying shampoo) but it's still the real deal BLUE HAIR.

What will I do when they're teenagers and want to dye their hair? I've already allowed him to do it at age THREE. :rotfl2:

Here's a pic of Finn while the color was processing . . . it's not QUITE this "bright" now that we've rinsed and dried. . .

The things we do for our kids, huh!?! It looks great! I do hope it washes out like they told you or your Christmas outfit will have to be "Dreaming of a BLUE Christmas"! :goodvibes

Those cookies are so cute! Do you have the recipe and for them? I was going to make those felt cone ornaments that you fill with candy for my co-workers, but the snowmen are so adorable I might just change my mind on that!

Lori in East Podunk
I didn't actually use a recipe. I had a lot of cookie dough that I had bought for a school fundraiser (you know where the sell the tubs of frozen cookie dough) so I used that. The recipe was just a sugar cookie recipe so I am sure that any good sugar cookie recipe would bake up great and then you could decorate them.

Ok, I may need to CASE your "melted snowman" idea for our church's Christmas Bazzar!
Case away! I got the idea from a website and I thought they were adorable. They were super easy to decorate too.

Hi everybody!

Thanks!

Lori in East Podunk

I am sorry that I am no help... I couldn't even come up with my own name... LOL But I liked Disney Jazz' idea. :thumbsup2

everything posted this week is beautiful....especially love the pink christmas idea!

here are Kensliegh/lavender,Gracie/green and Chloe's/floral Ingalls dresses...
293314_10150339434826586_555471585_8400641_144071253_n.jpg

293314_10150339434751586_555471585_8400639_861577825_n.jpg

backs the same,so just showing one pic...
293314_10150339434866586_555471585_8400642_1417043722_n.jpg

all 3 together...Kens & Gace saw thiers on FB a minute ago and are cheering and saying they love them they are perfect! Chloe loved her's too!
293314_10150339434911586_555471585_8400644_1262897696_n.jpg

the veggie cans we did for their treat buckets...gotta add gems to one gold one and a lightening bolt to the other for the greek god/goddess { Elli & Blaze} i forgot to get a pic of Elli's dress...the Ingalss have silver gray buckets...th orange handles don't match but thye re what Pawpaw had and he put them on so that will work! they are the food service size cans...
294320_10150331197976586_555471585_8356340_799049788_n.jpg

ging now to decorate the gold ans...crunch time...

So adorable - these turned out perfect!

LOL Soooo cute! What a handsome little guppy! :)

I wanted to share my other contribution to Barbara's auction. My sweet daughter inspired me to give a little more after she asked to donate $10 from her piggy bank. So Proud!!!

303242_10150376551259729_121682319728_8059427_1705347286_n.jpg

There are so many cute things! Jessica made a darling girl scouts apron. A super cute Minnnie bag was listed tonight and Heather put up another FrouFrou gift certificate.

Beautiful! :lovestruc

WinterBreak2010149.jpg

I just love these - I might have to case them too... Unfortunately, I'll prob eat them all myself. :rotfl2:

D~

I'm no help as I'm having a hard time coming up with a name for my shop but can I ask where you saw that we can change our username? I have an Etsy account but at this point I have only ever purchased, I am thinking about selling and would rather change my username to reflect my store. I checked the website and didn't see anything there.

It just popped up the last time I logged in. I closed the box by accident, but near the top of the page right near my user name was a little light blue tab that said "new". That brought it up again.

HTH!

Lori in East Podunk

I didn't actually use a recipe. I had a lot of cookie dough that I had bought for a school fundraiser (you know where the sell the tubs of frozen cookie dough) so I used that. The recipe was just a sugar cookie recipe so I am sure that any good sugar cookie recipe would bake up great and then you could decorate them.

You'd think I could have figured that out myself! :laughing: How did you get the marshmallow head to look melty?

Lori in East Podunk

Ugh who would of though that the name I want to use Chiara's Creations is being used.

Anyone want to help me come up with a name too.

Hi Everyone!!!

Just got back from my conference in Ft Lauderdale - and a quick swing by the World for our Anniversary and a side trip to see Winter the Dolphin! We had a great time!!

Love all the auction items and new outfits created. And I LOVE Finn's blue hair!!!! lol!!!!

Question for you - I need to make Hannah into Isabella from Phineas and Ferb for Halloween. Any ideas of what pattern I could use?? Im stumped!!!!!! I tried hard to find a leftover tshirt type dress at walmart, but no luck!!! I also thought of using a pink tank top a size bigger so it would be long and maybe adding a longish ruffle on the bottom? Also - what to do for the belt thingy!!

untitled.jpg

Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!!:thumbsup2

I know we have discussed this before and I made a few notes, but not enough. Hubby has agreed to get me digitizing software for my birthday so I was wondering (for those of you that have it)...which one do you prefer?? I have a Brother machine but not sure that makes a difference.

I have really missed all of you. Been very busy with work, sewing orders, and family functions the past few weeks. I have been reading through but not caught up in the least. Love all of the things that have been posted.

Marianne! I love the blue hair.....but I had to keep DS away from the screen.....he would insist that Jedi have blue hair too!

DJazz....the can pails are tooo cute perfect for the theme!

I had issues this morning with my embroidery hoop. In the middle of the second apron....(a 28 step applique :sad2:) my hoop clamp screws came loose and I could not attach my hoop back to the machine....without unhooping it in order to reach the part of the screws where the screwdriver tightens them. Well I've never attempted to rehoop a partially done item but I put my grid back over the disign and marked the center top and bottom, then unhooped fixed the clamp, rehooped using my markings....and it worked! :banana::banana::banana: I didn't think there was any way I could do that but I had already ironed on my heat & bond so what else is a girl to do? stitching I can remove but not H&BL. anyway lesson learned....always check you hoop clamp screws before you start!

My success with the hoop screws made me feel better about yesterday....I've got to redo one of the shirts I thought I had finished since the blue water sol marker stained the fabric brown....and when I used vinegar to get it out it took out the color on the thread in the middle of the design....and not the stain :sad2: I usually remove the marks before washing but I forgot this time...never again :headache: Luckily it was DS shirt and a size/ color easily found at Walmart on clearance for 1.50 :rolleyes1

Hi Everyone!!!

Just got back from my conference in Ft Lauderdale - and a quick swing by the World for our Anniversary and a side trip to see Winter the Dolphin! We had a great time!!

Love all the auction items and new outfits created. And I LOVE Finn's blue hair!!!! lol!!!!

Question for you - I need to make Hannah into Isabella from Phineas and Ferb for Halloween. Any ideas of what pattern I could use?? Im stumped!!!!!! I tried hard to find a leftover tshirt type dress at walmart, but no luck!!! I also thought of using a pink tank top a size bigger so it would be long and maybe adding a longish ruffle on the bottom? Also - what to do for the belt thingy!!

untitled.jpg

Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Do you have an aline jumper pattern? You could easily make that and add a pleated ruffle to the bottom, and make a little belt out of coordinating cotton...then just put a white t shirt underneath it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter