Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Sally....

My family was at the party on Friday night as well....it was CRAZY! It was bad enough that hubby said he would rather go during the Christmas party...

On your rainy Epcot day we were in DTD and got drowned! The news said they had record rain amounts of almost 3 inches in one hour....

Sorry you got sick...at least I waited to get home to get sick!

Nini

Andrea - great job on the Christmas outfits - I know they all loved them!!

Sally - love seeing your trip and LOVE THE LUGGAGE!!! Where did you get it?

Nicole - can you show a picture of your DD wearing the bag - I would love to see the size of it!! Its ADORABLE!!!!

Does anyone have any ideas for Tim's Agent P Head? He wants to wear the hat too, so although I was hoping the agent P baseball cap would work (it has his face stitched onto it) it wont work with the black hat....thoughts? I still need cheap yellow shoes/crocs too- cant find them cheapy cheap anywhere!!!! I did find teal gloves at walmart though!!!

Kirsta and I are home. I thought we were going to have to stay, I got incredibly sick. Started with a bitty cold that I got after the drenching rain in Epcot on Monday. Felt a little bad, but could make it around the parks okay. The bed was dreadful, my back was aching, so they put a egg crate on it, helped some, until we went to the Halloween party on Friday, I went to get out of the Pirate boat and felt my back pull. Major pain the next 2 days.

Disney2011176.jpg

Nothing special for Saturday. We went over the Village to do some shopping. Then back to swim at Pop. We had a great room, and Kirsta being old enough was able to go to the food court by herself and do some shopping in the store.

So sorry you were sick and threw your back out, ugh! Too bad we missed you, we were there the same dates. I love all the outfits, and especially the Esmerelda (I hope I got that name right)! Love the luggage too. Looks like some fun was had despite the sickies!

Hey guys - still a few things available for Owen's Big Give....even if you dont feel like sewing something, pixie dust is welcome. They could use some Crystal Palace outfits for their special ADR for Owen....spiderman outfit for Owen, a family scrapbook would be great too!! Come on over and check it out - you will definately fall for this little cutie pie. Today his big sister had 8 baby teeth pulled, and he comforted and checked on her all day long making sure she was okay...what a wonderful 3 year old!!! :goodvibes

Sally....

My family was at the party on Friday night as well....it was CRAZY! It was bad enough that hubby said he would rather go during the Christmas party...

On your rainy Epcot day we were in DTD and got drowned! The news said they had record rain amounts of almost 3 inches in one hour....

Sorry you got sick...at least I waited to get home to get sick!

Nini

Kirsta decided she had enough and we left Epcot in the middle of the rain, it must just lay in puddles there becasue it was ankle deep all the way to the bus. I hate to get my shoes wet!! Then getting on the AC bus, I think thats how I got sick, it was all in my face, I kept blowing my nose so I wouldn't end up with a sinus infection. Our 2 days in Mk weren't that enjoyable. But on the bus on the way to the MNSSHP, I could feel the bronchitis coming. I'm just glad she's old enough to do stuff by herself now.

We've been to about 6 party's, and several of them were on Halloween. This one was the craziest worst of them all. The didn't really have characters, and the ones they did had waits of over an hour!! :scared1: Couldn't get near the Haunted Mansion. It was a sell out crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to the Xmas party this year, increase the sell out crowd.

Well, I was near coming home and my little bitty cold turned into a big case of bronchitis. I'm off work and they aren't happy with me since I was on vacation. Kirsta was a good sport in helping me since I couldn't pick anything up, with hurting my back. She kept running to the front desk to get me ice packs.

Sally - love seeing your trip and LOVE THE LUGGAGE!!! Where did you get it?

They are made by Heyes. I got Kirsta's for Xmas, but she could use it for Disney, it came from Meritlite (or life), they have bargains on all sorts of stuff. Free shipping. I got the Tink one from Shoebuy, I think it was, a discount for joining and another for the first purchase. Again free shipping. I later saw it in TJ Maxx, for a little less then I paid. Super lite weight molded. And it made it through the airport and still looks good! :woohoo:

These are Christmas outfits I did for Lisa's BG. I did outfits for the girls and Chiara did matching shirts for the guys. Judy and the girls seemed really happy with the set ~ they want to get pictures for their Christmas cards at the GKTW Christmas party.

The Christmas outfits are:
--Shirt and Patchwork skirt for Lisa
--Shirt and double layer stripwork for Rachel
--Shirt and peasant skirt for Judy (mom)

HeatherSue made me the appliques with names :) The generic Christmas appliques are from Planet Applique but anything Disney related is HeatherSue.

AG doll Molly received a reversible skirt and appliqued shirt

Doggie Bandit got a collar cover scarf (and a bag of dog treats!)

I also made a fleece Princess lap blanket for Lisa to use for her wheelchair and a matching sleeping bag for Molly.

th_LisaBG5.jpg

th_LisaBG6.jpg

th_LisaBG7.jpg

th_LisaBG8.jpg

th_LisaBG11.jpg
th_LisaBG12.jpg

Andrea awesome job on everything. You do such a wonderful job on those skirts but it must take so long with all the detail that you put into them.

I don't think I posted the Pluto skirt I made for Judy for Lisa's big give. They are planning on dressing as a 50's couple for MNSSHP.

th_100_5043.jpg

Ellen great job on the skirt. Can't wait to see pics of Judy wearing it.

Kirsta and I are home. I thought we were going to have to stay, I got incredibly sick. Started with a bitty cold that I got after the drenching rain in Epcot on Monday. Felt a little bad, but could make it around the parks okay. The bed was dreadful, my back was aching, so they put a egg crate on it, helped some, until we went to the Halloween party on Friday, I went to get out of the Pirate boat and felt my back pull. Major pain the next 2 days.

But here is my fashion report:

Disney2011176.jpg
Disney2011177.jpg
Disney2011224.jpg

Nothing special for Saturday. We went over the Village to do some shopping. Then back to swim at Pop. We had a great room, and Kirsta being old enough was able to go to the food court by herself and do some shopping in the store.

And then we went home on Sunday. I have to show you our new luggage because we think they are cool!! :love:

Disney2011265.jpg

Cool luggage and love all the outfits. I love the Esmeralda costume. I even saw you has some Hunchback fabric.

These are Christmas outfits I did for Lisa's BG. I did outfits for the girls and Chiara did matching shirts for the guys. Judy and the girls seemed really happy with the set ~ they want to get pictures for their Christmas cards at the GKTW Christmas party.

HeatherSue made me the appliques with names :) The generic Christmas appliques are from Planet Applique but anything Disney related is HeatherSue.

I also made a fleece Princess lap blanket for Lisa to use for her wheelchair and a matching sleeping bag for Molly.

And I did two fleece blankets for the girls with serged edges.

Here is massive picture overload:
LisaBG1.jpg

LisaBG2.jpg

LisaBG3.jpg

LisaBG4.jpg

LisaBG5.jpg

LisaBG6.jpg

LisaBG7.jpg

LisaBG8.jpg

LisaBG9.jpg

LisaBG10.jpg

LisaBG11.jpg

LisaBG12.jpg

LisaBG13.jpg

LisaBG14.jpg

LisaBG15.jpg

LisaBG16.jpg

LisaBG17.jpg

LisaBG18.jpg

LisaBG20.jpg

LisaBG21.jpg

LisaBG22.jpg

LisaBG23.jpg

LisaBG24.jpg

LisaBG25.jpg

I am soo excited for the Christmas season!! These outfits are adorable!! I would love to make a skirt like that for my daughter!! Great job!

Disney2011084.jpg
Disney2011085.jpg
Disney2011090.jpg

The next day we went over to Epcot. This was the outfit from ****! I didn't make it to the last minute and discovered I got the wrong size pattern, so I enlarged it. Well, the enlargement could have fit me. So I had to cut it all down. Then I realized I didn't have ribbon to make the fabric, so I used clear elastic (for the bra straps) and it broke on one side. I would like to make it again, or remake it. The fabric was perfect. I put a sheer with little slubs of something all over it. :lmao: But it looked nice. Her hair made a huge impression on everyone, they thought it was real. :rotfl:

Disney2011099.jpg
Disney2011098.jpg

The next day we head over to the MK. Again that hair made a huge impression. Rapunzel loved her hair. We had cast members follow her to tell her they loved her hair. I think Heather Sue should make some flower clippies so girls could Rapunzel thier hair.

Disney2011154.jpg
Disney2011152.jpg

Wednesday we went back the MK, the pictures with Belle were not that great. Apparently I can't sew on buttons. I had one fall off when I washed it before leaving, and it fell off again in the park:

Disney2011108.jpg
Disney2011110.jpg

Thursday we went over the Studios:

Disney2011168.jpg
Disney2011169.jpg

Friday we went over the Typhon Lagoon and then the Halloween Party. I was dispointed in the party this year. I usually love to go see Tarzan, but he was absent:

Disney2011176.jpg
Disney2011177.jpg
Disney2011224.jpg

Everything is so pretty!! I absolutely loved her outfit with Jane and Terk! Soo cute!!

I don't think I posted the Pluto skirt I made for Judy for Lisa's big give. They are planning on dressing as a 50's couple for MNSSHP.

100_5043.jpg

That's so cute! I love how it is a Pluto skirt instead of a poodle skirt.

Here is the Simple Sweet that I upsized to make into DD's Halloween costume:

PA050370.jpg

She is complaining bitterly that I need to take it in on the top. I think she'd like it to fit her like a second skin!:laughing:

I finished an Insa earlier this week, but the shirt that goes with it isn't done yet so I havn't posted it yet. I'm actually not even sewing on trip stuff the rest of this week....friends adopted 2 children from Russia and I'm making them matching outfits right now. The 2 kids are not blood relatives, but the same age (boy & girl) so they will be sort of raised as twins.

That's very nice of you to make outfits for your friend's children. I hope family will do well as they adjust to having 2 new members in the family.

And I did two fleece blankets for the girls with serged edges.

th_LisaBG1.jpg
th_LisaBG22.jpg

My goodness! Those are amazing! I can see why you feel you don't have enough time to sew for your children. The skirts are very similar to what I had originally envisioned for a Give (but subsequently changed it for other reasons). I am sure the family will treasure these special outfits!

I love it. Wish I had enough belief in myself to make me something for me. Came out great and love all the Mickey heads.

Thanks. Making adult clothes isn't that different from making kid's clothes. I am sure you can do it!

th_100_5043.jpg

Very cute! Thanks for making the skirt for Judy!

th_Disney2011017.jpg
th_Disney2011055.jpg
th_Disney2011154.jpg
th_Disney2011152.jpg

th_Disney2011265.jpg

I am sorry to hear that you got sick. I like the Lilo set and the Rapunzel hair! The suitcases are super cute!

th_PA050370.jpg

She is complaining bitterly that I need to take it in on the top. I think she'd like it to fit her like a second skin!:laughing:

Great job on the dress. Looks like she liked it!

th_100_5043.jpg
Your skirt is awesome! And I am so happy you volunteered to make it for her -- if you didn't I would have, but then I would not have been able to get a Christmas skirt done for her. I also love that Pluto is the "poodle" and
it looks the perfect size since you have the 6x10 hoop. I sort of stole your knit waist idea for Lisa -- but I made the band knit and put elastic on the inside as it was a twirl patchwork and was heavy so I wanted it to stay up. I just like the comfort of the knit and Lisa has fragile skin. I can't wait to see Judy and Pete decked out in their Halloween costumes!

Saturday we went to AK, this is an old standby. I had to do a new shirt for her, and did the applique on the front. It worked pretty well. This outfit is always a huge hit, they cast members love it and always say they never see Lilo:

th_Disney2011017.jpg
th_Disney2011055.jpg

That night we went over to Park Fare, I couldn't get ADR's so we took our chance and were seated after a short wait. Her dress got alot of attention. Lady Tremaine asked me if I could make her one. But I pointed out Cinderella was in it. She gave the funniest look and said "no, something like this will do", pointint to her own. The applique on the jacket came out really bad. I didn't use spray adhesive and it buckled. So I washed it and made it look worse. But it looks okay from a distance and I only paid $4 for the jacket:

th_Disney2011084.jpg
th_Disney2011085.jpg
th_Disney2011090.jpg

The next day we went over to Epcot. This was the outfit from ****! I didn't make it to the last minute and discovered I got the wrong size pattern, so I enlarged it. Well, the enlargement could have fit me. So I had to cut it all down. Then I realized I didn't have ribbon to make the fabric, so I used clear elastic (for the bra straps) and it broke on one side. I would like to make it again, or remake it. The fabric was perfect. I put a sheer with little slubs of something all over it. :lmao: But it looked nice. Her hair made a huge impression on everyone, they thought it was real. :rotfl:

th_Disney2011099.jpg
th_Disney2011098.jpg

The next day we head over to the MK. Again that hair made a huge impression. Rapunzel loved her hair. We had cast members follow her to tell her they loved her hair. I think Heather Sue should make some flower clippies so girls could Rapunzel thier hair.

th_Disney2011154.jpg
th_Disney2011152.jpg

Wednesday we went back the MK, the pictures with Belle were not that great. Apparently I can't sew on buttons. I had one fall off when I washed it before leaving, and it fell off again in the park:

th_Disney2011108.jpg
th_Disney2011110.jpg

Thursday we went over the Studios:

th_Disney2011168.jpg
th_Disney2011169.jpg

Friday we went over the Typhon Lagoon and then the Halloween Party. I was dispointed in the party this year. I usually love to go see Tarzan, but he was absent:

th_Disney2011176.jpg
th_Disney2011177.jpg
th_Disney2011224.jpg

And then we went home on Sunday. I have to show you our new luggage because we think they are cool!! :love:

th_Disney2011265.jpg
I'm sorry you got so sick. I hope you had some good drugs to help your back pain. Kirsta's outfits looked great though. My favorite is a toss up between the Park Fare dress and Esmerelda, and next in line are Rapunzel and Jasmine. I hope you are on the mend soon.

Does anyone have any ideas for Tim's Agent P Head? He wants to wear the hat too, so although I was hoping the agent P baseball cap would work (it has his face stitched onto it) it wont work with the black hat....thoughts? I still need cheap yellow shoes/crocs too- cant find them cheapy cheap anywhere!!!! I did find teal gloves at walmart though!!!
I have no ideas other than to make a hood and get a hat to put over it -- but I wanted to say it sounds like a cool costume. My kids still want to be a harp seal and a catfish and I won't start until next week and hopefully this weekend can convince them each to be something simpler. I am behind on sewing as it is!

th_PA050370.jpg

Very cute! All she needs is a little basket and Toto. LOL that she wants you to take it in,

Your skirt is awesome! And I am so happy you volunteered to make it for her -- if you didn't I would have, but then I would not have been able to get a Christmas skirt done for her. I also love that Pluto is the "poodle" and
it looks the perfect size since you have the 6x10 hoop. I sort of stole your knit waist idea for Lisa -- but I made the band knit and put elastic on the inside as it was a twirl patchwork and was heavy so I wanted it to stay up. I just like the comfort of the knit and Lisa has fragile skin. I can't wait to see Judy and Pete decked out in their Halloween costumes!

Thanks Andrea, I debated also putting elastic inside the knit waistband for Judy's skirt, but since it is a single layer and very light I decided it would be ok without it. I bought the wide elastic though, so now I have that for another project some time. I do have the 6x10 hoop and I felt the applique needed to be large for this skirt. I actually caught a corner of the skirt front under the applique even after checking and rechecking, but there was a lot of fabric to work with. I was able to salvage it by cutting a couple of inches off the front and she said it was still a tad big so it didn't hurt anything.

I too cannot wait to see them decked out for Halloween and for Christmas in their new outfits!

Been looking at the lastest post and sorry to see so many folks not feeling well. Hope you get well soon and back to your sewing.:flower3:
The Christmas skirts are so cute.
Cute Pluto Skirt...love the take on the poodle skirt.
The Dorothy dress looks like it fits fine. Second skin.:)
I need to put my photos together of the clothes I've made for my granddaughters so I can post them. Just need to find some extra time.:rotfl2: My oldest granddaughter picked out some Minnie Mouse fabric for a dress over a month ago. She'll think I forgot about it.

Love the Dorothy Dress it is fabulous.

Okay I have to leave for work soon but waiting for my fabric to dry before I leave since it is for a Give and DDs halloween skirt.

I have a huge list I need to write so I can stay on track.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments on the wedding pictures. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Everything went so smoothly!

Wendy, this is my first child to get married. My oldest was engaged at one point but it fell through and that was probably for the best!

Andrea, my oldest daughter is the O.D., the bride is an LPN. I'm hoping she'll go back to school at some point and become an RN but for right now she's content where she is. Great stuff for Lisa's give, you were busy!

I really want to comment on some things but I have to run right now!

LisaBG1.jpg

Andrea... this was truly an amazing BG - everything turned out fabulous - and you didn't overlook one single detail! I loved it all! :)

100_5043.jpg

This is super cute - I love that it's a Pluto skirt and not a poodle skirt. :thumbsup2

Disney2011154.jpg
I am so sorry about your back and being sick. However, I totally loved seeing all your pictures and all of Krista's customs - she looks like she just enjoys it to much! :lovestruc

That's so cute! I love how it is a Pluto skirt instead of a poodle skirt.

PA050370.jpg

This turned out so perfect! I love it!

I guess I am slacking on posting pictures, as well... I've been a busy girl - for those of you that haven't been following my PTR.... I just finished up my first Fairies series.
IMG_1988a.jpg
aIMG_1992.jpg

IMG_2013a.jpg
aIMG_2015.jpg

aIMG_2019.jpg

And, I don't think I posted the AG outfit I made for Lisa's BG???

aIMG_1916.jpg
aIMG_1917.jpg

D~

Guys I would like to post for prayers. My youngest son had some problems back in the spring. He pasted out a few times for no apparent reason. He would get the shakes, goes pale as a ghost and became very weak. We did sugar testing, EKG's, EEG's, allergy testing and he had his tonsils removed (needed to be done anyway). This went on until school let out. Every test came back as normal. Then they just stopped. Went all summer and nothing else. Well a few of weeks ago he had a mild one while staying the night at a friends house, then he started again. Then Friday, Sunday and Tuesday he had them again. This time he has severe headaches with them and nausea. Went to the allergy Dr. today we are going to run more tests but he does not think allergies are the problem. We have an appointment with a sugar and horomones Dr. the end of the month.

He is fine the rest of the time. I am a nervous wreck. I have tons of school work I am behind on, a ton of orders sitting not being worked on, and a Big Give I was suppose to have shipped and have not had the time to find my stupid camera cord so I can take the pictures and show them. I am at my wits end. Thank you for the vent. Let me get back to the mountain of dishes, laundry and everything else I have let go to pot between taking care of my sick child and calling or visiting Dr.s to try to find out WHY he is doing this. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter